= OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION =
Intent: To update a classic SW Canon design with a few improvements.
Image Source: Dreadnought Ship Render - The Trafalgar from the Dreadnought Game Wiki.
Canon Link: Defender - Class Assault Carrier.
Restricted Missions: If Required.
Primary Source: Repurposed Canon Articles.
= PRODUCTION INFORMATION =
Manufacturer: Republic Engineering Corporation - Starship Division: Coruscanti Yards.
Product Line: New Class Modernization Mk II (Non-Government Sponsored.)
Model: REC/NCM02 Defender II - Class Assault Carrier.
Affiliation: Republic Engineering Corporation - Corporate Security, Closed-Market.
Production: Minor-Scale Production.
Material: Durasteel Hull and Armour Plating (Ablative), Alusteel Skeletal Frame, Heavily Reinforced Duraplast Hull Liner with Anti-Ionic Mesh (Faraday Cage), Dallorian Alloy and Agrinium Panels (Where Appropriate), Turadium Blaster Doors and Shields, Various Starship Components.
= TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS =
Role: Long-Range Fleet Support, Assault Carrier, Planetary Assault, Starfighter Platform.
Length: 750 Metres
Width: 450 Metres.
Height: 220 Metres.
Armament: Low Rating.
-  Long-Range Dual Turbolaser Cannon Turrets [Fire-Linked, and Fast Track Mountings.]
-  Long-Range Ion Cannon Turrets [Fire-Linked, and Fast Track Mountings.]
-  Dual Turbolaser Cannon Turrets [Fire-Linked, and Fast Track Mountings.]
-  Dual Ion Cannon Turrets [Fire-Linked, and Fast Track Mountings.]
-  Assault Concussion Missile/Torpedo Tubes [Turreted; Fire-Linked, Fast Track Mountings, and Variable Payload**.]
-  Automated Antimissile Octets [Fire-Linked, and Fast Track Mountings.]
-  Automated Point Defense Cannons [Fire-Linked, and Fast Track Mountings.]
-  Automated Quad Laser Cannons [Fire-Linked, and Fast Track Mountings.]
Defenses: Average Rating.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Ablative Armour and Hull Plating.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Deflector Shield (Ray and Particle Barriers; Overlaid.)
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Ionic Shielding.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Emergency Thrusters (Chemical Propellent.)
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] EWAR, Electronic Countermeasures, Chaff and Flare Launchers.
- Starfighters: Eight Squadrons (Ninety-Six Strike Craft in Modular Deployment Racks.)
- Auxiliary Craft: One Squadron.
- Note: Due to Modular Deployment Racks, More Auxiliary Craft can be taken at the cost of Starfighter Squadrons.
Speed Rating: Average Rating.
MGLT: 80 MGLT
Maximum Atmospheric Speed: 1,050 Km/H
Primary Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1.0
Secondary Hyperdrive Rating: Class 8.0
Engine Unit(s): Cruiser - Class Ion Engines - Eight Drive Units.
Primary Power Plant: Cruiser - Class Hypermatter Reactor.
Secondary Power Plant: Solar Ionization Conversion Module(s) with Retractable Agrinium Collection Arrays.
Passengers: Fifty Soldiers - Shipboard Security Complement, Seven Hundred Soldiers - Planetary Assault Battalion.
Crew Complement (Optimal): Two-Hundred and Fifty Officers and Enlisted Personnel, and Integrated Droid Brains.
Crew Complement (Skeletal): Seventy Officers and Enlisted Personnel, and Integrated Droid Brains.
Escape Craft: Sixty Escape Pods and Thirty Ejectable Lifeboats
Cargo Capacity: 12,000 Metric Tonnes
Consumables: Two Years.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Sensor Systems.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Targeting Systems.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Avionics Package.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Navigation System.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Life Support System.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Damage and Hazard Control Systems.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Tractor and Pressor Beam Emitters.
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Anti-Ion Emission Tracker (Anti-Hyperspace Tracking.)
- Standard [Cruiser-Class, Military-Grade] Communication Systems, with Encrypted Military Keys.
- HIMS - Hyperwave Inertial Momentum Sustainer.
- Central Computer Core (Integrated Droid Brains.)
- Internal Shield Generators.
- Internal Bridge Tower.
- Anti-Ordance EM Probes (Long-Range.)
- Missile Deactivation Transmitter (Short Range.)
- Countermeasure Suite: The Defender II comes equipped with a comprehensive countermeasure suite that allows the Cruiser to effectively combat the myriad dangers that lurk within the void; from rogue asteroids to hostile strike craft and their host of warheads. This integrated suite also included a Hyperwave susatiner that allowed the vessel to retain it’s hyperspace trajectory until decelerating from lightspeed; effectively countering conventional defensive interdiction fields. However, this was only usable once the vessel was within the bounds of hyperspace, and wouldn’t permit the Defender II to escape once translation was made.
- Highly Automated: With a majority of the internal structure devoted to the internalized shield generators and the twinned command decks, the Defender II resorted to having a myriad of the starships systems automated by the integration of droid brains. This design choice made the Carrier-Cruiser a standout amongst its peers, as a majority of the vessels systems were highly automated; allowing for a drastically reduced crew complement without affecting the warships combat capabilities.
- Internalized Defense Systems: In direct opposition to the Imperial-aesthetic, the Defender II comes equipped with internally mounted shield generators and twinned command decks; a choice that effectively denied hostile craft of their highly-prized targets of opportunity. With both the shield generator and the command bridge(s) found beneath the ablative armour; hostile strike craft would find themselves pitted against the vessel's comprehensive suite of countermeasures and defensive systems.
- Turreted Missile Tubes: While there were several advantages of placing the flexible projectile turrets mounted on the exterior of the Defender II, they also presented a critical weakness that could be exploited on the battlefield. The automated magazines were directly connected with the warship’s supply of volatile warheads, which if compromised by enemy fire, could send a chain reaction through the loading shaft - crippling the vessel’s combat efficacy in the resulting detonation(s).
- Limited Combat Capabilities: As the focus of the Defender II was to act as a dedicated Starfighter Platform and Planetary Assault Lander, much of its combat capabilities were blunted in favour of focusing on housing and supporting as many Starfighters as it could. This came at a cost of the massive array of weapons commonly found on many warships within the cruiser classification; forcing the Carrier to rely heavily on various escort vessels to support the starship in combat. If the Defender II found itself thrusted into the battleline as a frontline warship, it was likely to be outclassed and easily defeated by its comparable kin.
- Slaved Systems: Despite coming equipped with the defenses required to resist most conventional forms of electronic warfare, the Defender II wasn’t invulnerable to their effects and would eventually succumb to their effects. This was made all the more apparent when close-proximity EMP devices were detonated near to the central computer core, as once that device was taken out of commission - even temporarily - the warship’s combat effectiveness would drastically decrease until the core was rebooted.
Serving primarily as a Starfighter Carrier, the Defender II seeks to emulate the ancient New Republic’s reliance on smaller, and more effective strike craft in order to effectively combat any hostile target(s). This came at the cost of the massive array of weapons often found on vessels within the cruiser classification, but was gratefully sacrificed for the increased carrying capacity or its predecessor. However, this wasn’t to say that the warship lacked fangs to utilize in a fight and came standard with a broad array of long-range weaponry - meant to support their fellow vessels at a distance whilst their Starfighters had committed themselves to the void.
Although the Defender II relied heavily on the assistance of it’s escort vessels and the comprehensive suite of countermeasures, it would prove itself to be a worthy inheritor of the original Assault Carrier’s design.
- Replaced Image and Image Source.
- Updated Hangar Space and Allocations.