Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate Decree | GA Population of Wizar II

if they're watching anyways
H9JKu8a.jpeg

hJJw3Ng.png

THE PROMISED DAY
"For injuries should be done all together, so that being less tasted, they will give less offense."
DARKCOM DARKCOM | Romi Jade Romi Jade | Saan'an Gaelor Saan'an Gaelor | Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis | Aayla Shan Aayla Shan | Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Kirie Kirie | Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar
Feat.
Lucien Dooku
| Four days after the incarceration |

Auteme, defying all odds, had gotten a good night's sleep. She'd gone to bed early and woken up early, going over it all one more time with Lucien. There were things she couldn't entirely account for -- enough that it should've kept her awake -- yet when she'd closed her eyes the world just faded. She didn't dream.

Now, though, there was an anticipation. The ten minutes she'd been waiting at the entrance to the Grand Concourse had felt like an eternity, especially since speaking to Luc about it all now seemed almost dangerous. They could only wait.

First, Romi Jade, Auteme's near-accidental confidant, yet a trustworthy Jedi and skilled warrior. Romi knew the gravity of the situation.

Second, Saan'an, the deceived padawan. The Sith's deception was one thing, but were he ever to discover, Auteme's would hurt far more.

Third, Kirie, among the few New Jedi allowed outside the Temple today, for her expertise and testimony.

Fourth, the Silver Jedi. She couldn't be sure of exactly who they had sent. She'd heard Professor Nimdok (it still felt wrong to call him Master, no matter his position) might be among the 'diplomatic' envoy. His testimony had proven its power before, and if everything went to plan, it would again. The power of his companions would be needed first, though.

And then, Kaigann. Shame didn't grip her now like it had when she had learned of his true nature. Now there was just the goal, the means; both dubious.

Sleep was a reprieve, but the waking hours brought doubts and regrets and thoughts of failure.

She waited for the rest to arrive.

Last edited:
H9JKu8a.jpg

Seto Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Objective:
Denouncement
Action: Listening
Attire

JiGZUcY.png

Once again, back on Coruscant and sitting on perhaps not the worst cushions imaginable but Seto wondered if they had placed concrete in the seats. Maybe this is how they make all these Senators remain standing for such a long time. His musings carried on as he attempted to relax in his chair. The rest of the Senate Chamber were certainly far from the adjective “relaxed”, instead the tension continued to grow and the flames of hatred and resentment grew for the Jedi. Or hatred for the Alliance, depending who I ask I guess.

Seto listened intently to the Senators speaking, the Senator from Chandrillia for example gave no qualms in how he viewed the current situation and affairs of the Jedi. He inwardly twitched though when Senator Seth brought up the past of the Chancellor being a Jedi, insinuating a possible bias or slant for the Jedi Order. It was a rather incredibly direct attack on the Chancellor, and Seto leaned forward slightly as he wondered why the Senator brought up these claims.

How. . . uncouth.

Seto grew curious on how the Chancellor would respond, or if she would even dignify the remark. But people talk. . . if a lot of people talk. . . Seto though turned his attention to the next speaker, and away from attack, Senator Tagge. Her words were direct towards the rest of the Senators that demanded their form of justice upon the Jedi Order. The Jedi Order has been and continues to be one of the Alliance's strongest allies in the war against the Sith. Well I guess the term allies is a relative term these days.

What comes next is indeed the perfect question.

The young Du Couteau heir was going to respond but the moment escaped him and the Senator Annasari spoke next and with a certain type of passion in her words. It was clear for all to see that the Jedi Order were being drugged through the mud. Imagine if we demonized the Alliance Military so publically. Seto had always believed that the Force was nothing more than a tool, it can be a very effective tool or a unwieldy disastrous weapon.

Fortunately, there is plenty of inbetween in that spectrum, but the extremes that the Force leads can be rather. . . unpleasant. Seto’s memory of files sent to him of the experiments the Sith were infamously known for conducting. If he was alone in his office he might allow himself the opportunity to show his distaste in his countenance rather than a chill running down his spine. Quickly he refocused his attention back to the Senate proceedings. The Vice Chancellor was no one’s fool and took the opportunity to deflate the idea that the Chancellor was some sort of Jedi patsy.

Truly Seto believed that with the collapse of the Sith Empire the Alliance would see an era of peace and prosperity, that the Core worlds may experience a time of never worrying if their planetary shields would fail.

“I guess I’m too optimistic for my own good.” Seto muttered to himself.

|| Eboi Seth Eboi Seth | Brama Tagge Brama Tagge | Annasari Annasari | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe ||

Senator of Chandrila
Objective I: Denouncement

Brama Tagge Brama Tagge , Annasari Annasari , Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe , Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau

Eboi didn't move his Senate Pod back to its socket, he wanted to stand his ground, he wanted a conversation no a condemnation on the Jedi who have become drunk with power? What other war will they wage against now the Sith Empire is gone? Themselves? Other people who the deem as being dark siders? There needs to be limits placed on their authority, especially in the political sphere where their force powers give them a tremendous advantage in debates. His student and close friend: Annasari took the stage, Eboi remembered the young woman quite well. She was a very intelligent person and full of ambition. If Chancellor gets voted out, then he Eboi would back Annasari as the replacement candidate. Predictably though, Annasari spoke in favor of the Jedi which was greeted by boos and accusations of her being a liar. Eboi was a good friend of Annasari, but she was wrong about the Jedi he definitely wouldn't call her a liar though just misguided.

"Honorable Senator Annasari," Eboi said. "You are a friend of mine and I have taught you well but I respectfully disagree, the New Jedi Order has taken advantage of the fear so they can take charge! I have seen videos of Shocktroopers gunning down children in a Sith Temple back in the battle of Korriban. It is a piece of evidence that is one of many heinous war crimes that the New Jedi Order has committed! Every time we talk about possibly reigning in the Jedi's power, they always use that same fear in order for us to rely on no one but them."

Eboi held on to his pod. "I ask again," he said. "Why did we have to get involved in a war that we had no business in getting in? The Sith were already on their way out! And instead of allowing the New Imperial Order to finish the job! The Chancellor who by the way was a Jedi, dragged into the war and we have had disastrous defeats! We have allowed the Sith Empire to grow and fester until we had to pour more resources in order to take them out. Which wouldn't happened if we stuck our nose into their business! The New Jedi Order serves us! Not themselves!

He turned to the crowd. "Not only do I want them to answers for these crimes!" He yelled. "But we need to introduce legislation that places even more limits on the Jedi's outreach! How many times do we need to be crippled by fear about our enemies every time that we talk about the Jedi not rushing into forever wars with the Sith or anyone that they don't like! The Chancellor has been driven by Jedi dogma because of her Jedi roots! The Jedi must be taken at task! They may be our shield! But they forget that we are their wielder and we have the right to fight back if they choose to drag us into more war!"

Last edited:
H9JKu8a.jpeg
Objective: Be diplomatic
Tags: Auteme Auteme DARKCOM DARKCOM Romi Jade Romi Jade Aayla Shan Aayla Shan Kirie Kirie Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis Saan'an Gaelor Saan'an Gaelor Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar

Nimdok arrived precisely on time, ascending the Concourse steps with a casual, unhurried gait, as though he were a tourist taking in the sight of the political heart of the Alliance. Clad in a tweed suit rather than monastic robes, he certainly looked more like a college professor than a Jedi Master.

A young woman with white hair accompanied him. When the two reached the entrance to the building, Nimdok greeted Auteme with a slight bow of his head.

Good morning, Miss Denko-Durren. Allow me to introduce my apprentice, Aayla Shan.” He gestured to the young woman. “I trust you are… coping in these difficult times?

In light of the current state of affairs for the New Jedi Order, a typical conversational how are you? didn’t seem appropriate. The NJO was currently under house arrest, confined to their Temple at the orders of the Senate following accusations ranging from war crimes, to legal overreach, to murder and treason… and Nimdok, with his contributions to the investigation, was partly responsible for putting them there. He doubted Auteme was unaware of his role in the affair, and he sincerely hoped she understood that he had only done what he believed was right.

But if she didn't, or did not care… well, she was one more person whose ire he had earned in the pursuit of justice.

Last edited:
Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
gold_texture_2_by_stock_pics_textures_1.png

c740d0a96b1f976f924642e581cc25c5c2d1f749.gifv

Boss comin' through
The Galactic Senate Building // The Rotunda // Coruscant
Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe // Eboi Seth Eboi Seth // Annasari Annasari // Mirana Praji Mirana Praji // Brama Tagge Brama Tagge // Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau // Auteme Auteme // DARKCOM DARKCOM

GADividerWhite.png

The Chancellor had sat stoically in her enthroned perch, watching over the proceedings of the Senate while Tithe conducted the day-to-day business. It seemed such a short time ago that the Sith Empire had crumbled and a new era of light and peace had been ushered into reign. Now, here they were again, with the shroud of darkness still lingering over them. Adhira had readily agreed to the numerous investigations into the activities of the Jedi Order, given the ever-growing archives of evidence that could be used against them. During the course of a war, it is easy to see the good in any action taken to destroy the Sith. Especially such a bloody and excessive war as the one they had just endured. She did not realize how it had changed so many people, perhaps even changed so many Jedi, in the process.

Adhira was far from a pariah in the Alliance, though. It was true was also a former Jedi... well it was true they politely declined to continue to train her due to her lack of ability. But it had hardly changed the fact that she was the Chancellor who led the Alliance to victory over the Sith. She still commanded a formidable voting bloc in the Senate. She was far from weak and defenseless in the face of this inquiry. Yet all these things depended on her next few moves.. like agreeing to ask the Jedi to confine themselves to the Temple, giving her authority to the investigation...

Still, some thought now might be a good time to test her mettle. She had let the comments of the Chandrilla Senator go the first time - overexuberance of youth, and all that - but when he went on his second tirade against her, the Jedi, and the war effort, that had been quite enough for her.

Chancellor Adhira Chandra stood from her spot, towering over the assembly in ebony and gold robes. The Mace of the Senate thundered through the hall to call attention to her rising to her feet which brought silence in the chamber. "I rise to remind the Honorable Senator from Chandrila that under Senate Rule 247, to impugn the character of another member of this body is contemptible. You have twice now, attacked my character during this proceeding. Might I recommend that the Honorable Senator from Chandrila reserve any future critiques for his campaign?" A polite chuckle rumbled like thunder among the Federalist Senators. It was the most cordial way the old woman could think to say 'knock it off' without seeming too harsh.

"To Senator Seth's other points... our war against the Sith Empire, which we WON-" she paused for the standard patriotic applause - "was necessary to ensure the peace and stability of the galaxy. It was a long, bloody war, and yes there were many losses for which we must grieve, but we have set uncountable planets free from the tyranny of the Sith. This was a feat we could not have accomplished without help from... our allies... including the Jedi." The applause that lingered dissipated quickly at the mention of the Jedi.

"We are not here to debate the merits of the war or its outcome. We are not here to relitigate the snap elections -" she glared at Eboi Seth Eboi Seth "-we are here to decide what comes next, in light of this report."

Last edited:
Vice Chancellor of the Alliance
cic3xf.png

tumblr_on5lnunZ1N1vwvwruo1_400.gif

Some Frank Analysis...
Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe // Eboi Seth Eboi Seth // Annasari Annasari // Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra // Brama Tagge Brama Tagge // Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau // Auteme Auteme // DARKCOM DARKCOM

GADividerWhite.png

As the Chancellor concluded her brief remarks, the diminutive woman occupying the Coruscanti pod offered a polite amount of applause before pushing the button on her own repulsorpod causing it to soar onto the floor for recognition. For many years, Mirana Praji had enjoyed her place on the backbench. She quietly made deals, rallied senators to causes, made friends and allies, and only occasionally made herself controversial. She was a Federalist, though her colleagues might be forgiven for forgetting this. Still, she was fiercely loyal to Adhira and she could see the time for lingering in the wings was over.

She was dressed in a dazzling bejeweled gown that caught and refracted every light in the room, giving her the appearance of an otherworldly being. She brushed a lock of golden blond hair out of her eyes as she looked to the Chancellor to seek recognition in her melodic voice.
"Madam Chancellor, I seek recognition on behalf of Coruscant." she beamed. When it was granted with a nod, her pod whirled to face the congregation of legislators from across the galaxy.

"My dearest colleagues, we have gathered here today to deliberate on a most troubling report... a report that would seem to detail the various acts of the Jedi Order during the war - acts that have been painted as... crimes. The Jedi who helped us fight and win the war against the Sith stand accused of acting in ways contrary to the beliefs of the Jedi. I dare say that does strike me as an internal matter of the New Jedi Order." Mirana was doing something clever. She was not coming to any conclusions or asserting any beliefs, she was simply speaking from her point of view.

"Now, it is true, beyond doubt, that some Jedi committed atrocities which rise to the level of treason and sedition, the attacks on our own Senators. This cannot go ignored. It falls clearly within the laws of our Alliance, laws that even the Jedi agree to follow. Though, would it seem prudent to hold all of the Jedi accountable for the actions of a few? When a Wookie steals from a marketplace, are all wookies jailed for his crime? I do not suppose so."

"It would seem to me that we are deliberating both on matters that concern the governance of the Alliance and matters that better be left to the judgment of the Order's leadership. Lest we intend to waste the deliberations of this body and the tax credits of our people further, I would suggest this Senate come to a conclusion on which matters we hold jurisdiction over and proceed from there."

tpuAKtr.gif

Master Nimdok had told Aayla enough to feel in the loop, but of course omitted tidbits here and there. She hardly took it personal. Especially considering her real, and true purpose there. Diplomatic Envoy may have been scribbled next to her name somewhere, but she was more like surprise firepower. All the same, she had to play that part to a tee. Nimdok had mentioned it wasn't going to be as hard as she thought it was. Smile, nod, bow when others do. They would love it.

As they approached Auteme Auteme , Aayla would listen to their brief dialogue; the cream-colored hood atop her head pulled back and revealing her hair was done into a single thick braid that was decorated with twine, jewelry, and fabric. Of course, she maintained her sabers, as it wasn't uncommon for Jedi to keep their weapons on them, even in such situations. Not to mention, and of course not to throw a shot...

Well, she wasn't NJO. And felt no reason to play the part of one that felt guilty enough to come unarmed. No, instead Aayla made multiple calculated decisions this day. Preferring them to ask her to disarm, rather than prompting it beforehand.

For now, she offered a respectful nod to the older woman; smiling as well.

"A pleasure, Coruscant is always beautiful and vibrant."

She offered, letting her eyes trail to Nimdok with the smile still plastered across her face. Though, of course as Autemes gaze went elsewhere, Aayla would relax her face. How did these people smile so long in one day...

Politics... It gave her the urge to sneeze.

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Auteme Auteme

2FS8YbB.png

She ascended the steps to the higher platforms, somewhat on a loose path up into what was a level area of open spaces studded with thick columns that supported the sprawling cityscape around it.

There was a repetitive chant to Coruscant; it was a combination of the determined shuffling of footwork, and distant screeches of flying vehicles -- the massive city. Today though, there was a murmur of confusion on the air. Expressions of fervor became openings for looks of sudden concern. Heck, the fact that even Romi looked a bit apprehensive was not a good sign.

Well, the last time she'd been on been on Coruscant...she had three Padawan and the Galactic Alliance was collapsing around her -- literally & figuratively; she was only a Jedi Knight then, and the sad part was that she lost two of those students. After that, she went to war.

And after all thats transpired between her and the NJO, she honestly had no intention of visiting any time soon...but here she was.

Sigh

Kark it --
stray thoughts.

She sauntered upon the group "I'm here-" She announced before scanning those present, casually "-Oh hey Master Nimdok, long time no see." Least not since their Council session.

Last edited:

The great uneti tree loomed behind the pair, the lull of its quiet piano providing a steadfast calm to the force around them. Somewhere within the temple, Henna could feel the great seer Asmundr Varobalder Asmundr Varobalder at work, calming the roars of anger and confusion. Despite the feeling in the air, the courtyard remained untouched. Orange streams of light painted the white pavement that circled the grasses. The slaps of bare feet bounced off the walls as her younglings ran circles around one another. They were supposed to have had their long-awaited outing today, to the senate building, their first steps in understanding a consular's path. Looking at the smiles and laughter, they were clearly unbothered, their innocent minds eager to run and play instead- but it did little to soothe the master.

"This troubles me so." Henna confided in the knight beside her. "The senate has handled this with all the delicacy of a bantha."

The insult was petty, out of character of her, but put plainly. She had grown up in the courts of Hapes, worked to secure deals of peace and trade with many a planet. Such bold and reckless action could be a spark to dry kindle, and when the blaze went up, all relations between their Order and the Alliance would burn with it.

"They didn't understand fully when I explained," Nodding to the children, she continued. "But they will one day. If this goes on for too long, or ends poorly, it will surely sour the majority of our future generation."

Last edited:

jeditemplebanner.png

Incarceration
Henna Ashina Henna Ashina

hesaidit.png

2sYS5cK.png

Behelit
So did everyone, it seemed. Not even the most serene Jedi in the galaxy could remain unbothered under these circumstances.

Inosuke leaned partially on a cane. Many aspects of motor function were taking their time returning to full capacity. The prognosis given to the shrapnel lodged in his brain was favorable. As favorable as a brain injury could be. Full recovery was expected, but in what amount of time was unsure.

Wood struck tile as he staggered to face the blissfully oblivious younglings beneath his and Master Saratt's supervision. "
I fear the repercussions of our confinement may eventually prove much more dire than simply poisoning the mind of the young against Alliance establishments." Turbulence between Jedi and their sister institutions wree inevitable. No amount of repeated history seemed to make a difference. If it wasn't this that soured them, it would surely be something else. Realism flirted with pessimism in regards to matters of stability.

"I suspect Master Varobalder shares my presentiment." His harmonic presence was evidence enough of that. Why else would they be joined and shielded within the confines of their own temple? Surely a commotion of uncertainty alone didn't warrant that. It was difficult not to wonder what was being kept clandestine. Someone had to know something. Notions alone were powerful tools, but knowledge was absolute. The Concilors must know something. Unless, of course, Inosuke was just overthinking it all. It was hard not to consider that, either.

"We should prepare ourselves to face consequences yet unforeseen," he advised with uncharacteristic urgency. Anyone's guess as to what they'd be was a good as his. Persistent disturbance was undeniable, no matter how vague. Impossible to anticipate anything on the mark, but it couldn't hurt to be ready for a surprise.

Better safe than sorry.

The distance between Corellia and Coruscant was insignificant with the wonders of hyperspace travel, but the diminutive green Jedi from Corellia hadn't been to the Coruscant temple more than three times over the last five years. In fact, he rarely left the Corellia sector. Some Jedi thought the Dark Side hid behind armies and Sith exclusively, especially youth. He should have been there as a guiding hand for the New Jedi Order, but he trusted Asmundr and the others. Coruscant had a small army of Jedi at its disposal at the start of the Imperial Civil War, Corellia had him and a small handful to keep the peace and so he stayed at the Saber.

But now even his small enclave was under fire after years of support from the Diktat and Senator Kiyoshi. Jedi everywhere in the Alliance were under house arrest, confined to their temples and he was here at the request of the Shield of the Jedi to figure out exactly how to get out of this situation. He had been told troubling things by the Circle on his way here and he hoped none of them were true.

The long strides of his droid companion carried him up the stairs. Dropping from the droid's back, Morteg took in the growing collection of Jedi and sighed sadly.

"Dangerous, this meeting is. For all Jedi in the Alliance you must speak." His green eyes fell significantly on Romi, "Even those not of our Order. Soon none will be safe from retribution if stop this foolishness we cannot."

jeditemplebanner.png

"Oh come on, this is ridiculous!" It had been a long day. He was supposed to be back on Corellia, enjoying a little earned time off with Ava Cartwright-Pryce Ava Cartwright-Pryce and the kids but something was pulling him here and it made the hair on the back of his neck stand on end. He'd once thought that book he'd received in the mail all those years ago was a bunch of nonsense. But time and time again he'd...felt something after reading and practicing. He honestly felt silly doing so, but those feelings had saved his ass on more than one occasion.

And now that feeling was pulling him here.

clone-trooper-im-sorry-sir.gif

Pryce looked down his nose at the group of marines that were standing guard outside the temple. The sudden shift in the marines' manner caused the group of marines at Pryce's flank to grip their own blasters tighter. He heard the sound of blaster safeties switching off and stun modes being activated.

"Its a Senate mandate sir, even you can't go against that." Pryce growled and turned away sharply, his own troopers making way for him. He wasn't looking forward to walking down those stairs again. But maybe he didn't have to.

"What are you going to do sir?" Pryce crossed his arms in thought. There had to be a way inside. He needed to talk to someone, anyone, on the Circle. Pryce shrugged.

"I don't know Marcus, I just don't know." That pull was stronger than ever and he knew it wasn't going away any time soon.

"This will all blow over soon. Now that there are Dark Siders involved there is no way the Alliance is going to just keep us cooped up in here."

She kept telling herself that as she walked through her forms. Makashi Fast into Makashi Strong. Leap. Ataru Strong back into Makashi Fast. Split. Jar'Kai Strong. Concentrate. The Kata she learned while training under Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill ran through her mind and her body. When it was over she was covered in sweat and she still didn't feel any better. She cursed under her breath.

"I hope all those stupid senators burn salt," she muttered, shrugging her brown cloak over her soaked robes. The weight of it pressed the damp, rapidly cooling synth material into her skin causing a shiver to run up her spine. Maybe a sanisteam would get whatever this junk was out of her system. She let her thoughts wander as she walked through the empty halls of the temple. Every once in a while she saw some kind of droid rolling or walking by, but in what felt like hours she only saw two other Jedi, both Knights and both very busy looking. Somehow she found herself in the temple courtyard with the Uneti tree and several Jedi Masters who looked to be talking about something important. Jedi Masters always looked like they were talking about something important.

She bowed and mumbled an apology before turning the other way, but she ran into an astromech, halting her escape.

Jedi Maverick
Codex Judge

tumblr_pc0e7cUYVg1tovmb9o2_400.gifv

Equipment: Jedi Robes, Jax's Prosthetic Arm, Jax's Second Lightsaber, Promise Ring to Jairdain
Tag: Leon Gallo Leon Gallo (OOC: Anyone is free to talk to Jax as well! Just tag me!)

Activating his Lightsaber Jax began to deflect the many stun bolts fired by the zipping training droids. He didn't have his blindfold and his ears were covered by earpieces as he was listening to music. Jax had been at it for the past 2 hours trying to pass the time, he wasn't at the Temple as often as he should've especially recently as he was in his apartment getting drunk and getting rid of criminals. All of Jax's friends were somewhere in the Temple conversing, worrying or was feeling betrayed for sacrificing and nearly dying for a senate who didn't give a damn about them. Jax heard it all and he understood it, the medals he received during this campaign felt pretty hollow now that the Senate essentially put a blaster to their heads and told them to stay in the Temple. Who knows what the Senate would do? If Jax was an extremely cynical man, then it'll probably be Operation: Knightfall all over again. What would stop the Senate from sending the entire army to exterminate the Jedi when they are at their most vulnerable.

So it came to this eh? The Jedi were looked down with so much suspicion that the Senate pretty much recalled all of the NJO and placed them under house arrest in Coruscant. Well Jax couldn't say that he didn't see this coming, it was actually amusing to see why so many of his brethren were absolutely shocked that this would happen. With the Chancellor jumping the gun interfering with the Sith, plus tremendous losses couple with the fact that the NJO committed heinous war crimes during the war: Some true, some exaggerated and many false it wasn't a surprise that the council lost their collective chit and decided to lock up the Jedi. Even if Jax didn't agree about getting involved in the war, the DID win it and the Sith were more or less scattered throughout the galaxy. The Jedi being thanked by being placed under house arrest while waiting for due process was rather hasty since despite the NJO rushing to face the Sith, they did have the GA's best interests at heart. It just that the GA didn't agree with that well at least a chunk of them didn't

Jax thought about resisting at first, maybe go back to the Silver territory where he's pretty prominent or even live in one of Jairdain Jairdain houses to hide for a spell. However if the GA even catches a whiff of an NJO off planet then it's probably a tantamount to war against the Jedi. So Jax like the "obedient" Jedi that he is decided to answer the recall and the only thing to do was to sharpen up his saber skills. It was quite boring, maybe that was the plan all along: Kill the Jedi with boredom! Well it was working so far...... Jax sighed continuing to deflect the bolts with ease, he was internally joking, this was inevitable the NJO had overstepped their boundaries and now they're paying the price now that the war was over. He tried to warn them and even witnessed some of the crimes himself. The Senate as obstructive as they were, are scared that the Jedi would take over. It didn't help that the Chancellor even if she's not actively involved with the Jedi was a Jedi herself.

Jax had a horrible feeling what was about to happen all of the Jedi being placed under house arrest made them a target for their enemies. They were pretty much fish in a barrel all that's left is someone to shoot them and Jax did not like feeling vulnerable.

Handsome blindfolded hyper-religious whackjob
H9JKu8a.jpeg

Objective I​

By the Force. He truly hated politics.

The accusations levied against his Order were on a case-by-case basis, something that would give any outward observer some reason to grow concerned. At no point did he ever begrudge the Senate for their feelings. He could honestly admit that his Order held a great deal of power and influence. And that there were some members that had issued that needed to be addressed.

But to Aaran. The Senate stepping in to try and reign in what they perceived to be an Order of public servants that worked under them was laughable. For an honest brief moment, he considered how poorly it would go for them if they ever did try to limit the Jedi. Overnight the Temple would empty, the Jedi would scatter throughout the Core and simply continue to act as normal.

They’d look weak and inefficient for only being able to achieve a victory against the New Jedi Order by just kicking the out o their home. But never truly dealing any damage.

Because in the end, they did not answer to the Senate, the Galactic Alliance or any orm of Government. They answered only to the highest form of authority in the universe.

The Force itself.

The Order itself was simply put in place to ensure those seeking to master their gifts could be trained. That wisdom could be collected and passed on. So that alternative perspectives could be offered. And so that those who ceased heeding the Force's will and instead succumbed to their own ego could be dealt with accordingly.

But good look explaining to a bunch of politicians that the Jedi were truly not a threat to them. They would dismiss any notion o being with such power seeking only to serve as agents of a benevolent cosmic energy field to be utter nonsense. Simply because he figured that if they had such power, they would use it to further their own goals.

In some ways he pitied Adhira. Able to feel the Force but shackled by politics. Forced to compromise to keep her power instead of simply dictating as the Force advised. Of course, that would lead to a rather dangerous precedent, and things could very easily slip into a total theocracy.

Even the thought of such a thing caused his lips to curl in distaste. Treating the Force as a being to worship. An honest failing of the humanoid mind that forced them to idolise and personify everything. Unable to see the universe for what it truly was. Forced to limit themselves to such narrow perspectives.

Letting out a sigh, he leaned back in the doorway where he stood. Careful to keep just out of sight of any cameras. Perfectly positioned in a blind spot so as to not be caught. Making the mind forget his presence was a simple thing. Even if someone's eyes were to alight on him. They would be met with a powerful suggestion to simply ignore him. Their eyes drifting over his form. But never actually putting one and two together to realise that he should not be here.

After all, if the Jedi were told to stay in the temple. Him being here clearly meant he was allowed to be here.

He doubted that this assembly would actually amount to anything. It would simply be the continued arguing of petty children as the handful of adults in the room attempted to herd them into some reasonable outcome.

He did idly note that at least some members were able to see reason. But only time would tell i their voices could be heard of the shrieking din of small-minded fools.

Kirie had stood her ground. For once she had seen something wrong and chosen to speak her mind, testifying to the Alliance Senate about the special status of the Jedi within the state. She had been tempted by the familiar urge to just keep her mouth shut and leave for greener pastures, but she had decided to stay and try to push for change.

For what it was worth, it now seemed change was coming. The Jedi had been locked in the temple under house arrest. What had started as a few whispers and minor confrontations over her role in testifying to the Senate and her decision to go above the heads of the Circle had transformed into open hostility from many in the Jedi. She understood their anger. While Kirie had no doubts such a decision would have come down eventually on the New Jedi, she had certainly hastened it along.

"What might happen if the NJO is held to these same lax rules now that the Stygian Campaign is over? We cannot predict how the interests of the New Jedi and the Alliance might differ in the future."

Kirie had quickly fled to her quarters after the Senate announcement had come down , wanting to avoid the simmering rage levelled at her in the Temple's quiet halls. Since then she had wallowed in misery and solitude, watching the consequences of her actions unfold around her.

"The Galactic Alliance cannot call itself a functioning democracy if there is a non-state actor within it that defies the rules of the state, and refuses to be reigned in.”

So it was that when the message from the Shield of the Jedi, Auteme came in, Kirie was lying on her back on her cot, eyes closed, turning her Starbird medal in her hands. The sound of the notification startled her and she shot up, frowning at the message before quickly standing and rummaging through her things until she pulled out the neatly folded black pants, white buttoned shirt and jacket she had worn during her senate session. It was not the traditional garb of the Jedi by any means, but it would help her avoid prying eyes as she made her way from the temple building to the Senate chambers.

Dressed in her suit, and with her lightsaber tucked in her jacket pocket, Kirie opened her door and peeked out. As usual, the temple was still, but through the Force she felt the buzzing presence of the Jedi occupants, and underneath that, Kirie felt an undercurrent of dread, like something was looming on the horizon, just out of sight.

"What can be achieved moving forward, perhaps, is a system in which Jedi and the Alliance alike can take comfort in an arrangement with strong accountability and clear rules. For now, everything is vague, and that leads to instability.”

She arrived at the nearest exit without incident, and two Temple Guards stepped toward her at once.

"I've been summoned by the Senate." she stammered. "Apparently they need me to clarify something from my report."

Kirie showed the guard the message from Auteme, and they looked at her just a little too long, then stepped aside. She could feel their judgement as she hurried past, cheeks burning. While she was grateful to be pulled away from the oppressive air of the temple, she felt like even more of a pariah, abandoning her peers. The pretense of Auteme’s summoning her meant that to the other Jedi, Kirie no doubt looked like someone who could shirk the rules because she was cosy with the Senate.

Hurrying down the stairs and away from the Temple, Kirie made her way up to the Senate building, eventually reaching the small congregation of Jedi outside the Grand Concourse, which included Auteme Auteme , Romi Jade Romi Jade from the Jakku enclave, Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok , and two others she did not recognise. Kirie struck a strange figure compared to the Jedi, dressed in her suit, with dark rings under her eyes and a defeated air about her.

She nodded politely to the assembled members and quietly joined the loose circle. When she had spotted them, she had known that whatever was going on went beyond the matters of the Senate inquiry. She had felt a tug of resistance inside herself, but she had done enough already by going above the Jedi’s heads. This felt important, and in her gut Kirie knew she’d have to trust Auteme’s judgement, even if that meant bending the Senate’s rules a little.

“Whatever we’re doing, we shouldn’t linger, I don’t think the Senate staff will take too kindly to our presence.”

Another wave of dread washed over her. Like Nimdok, Kirie had done what she thought was right. But things were moving so quickly now. She couldn’t guess what would come next.

H9JKu8a.jpeg

INCARCERATION
Permission to use certain information given by Auteme Auteme

DARKCOM DARKCOM | Romi Jade Romi Jade | Kirie Kirie | Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Aayla Shan Aayla Shan | Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar | Metis Athena Elpis Metis Athena Elpis

A special exemption to incarceration orders had been granted to Saan'an. Much to the ire of onlookers who saw him come and go whilst they were confined to the temple grounds. Senator Fossk had insisted he was essential as an intermediator. It would have extended to Jem Fossk Jem Fossk too, and Fossk had also insisted it should, but ultimately she wasn't receptive to it. Did she think he was a traitor? He'd been getting a lot of that lately. Perhaps she didn't want to spend her time lounging in a Senators office? Maybe Dagon Kaze Dagon Kaze forbade it. He probably thought Saan'an a betrayer too.

One day they'll understand I'm trying to fix this, he reassured himself. Yet, a startlingly large part of him didn't believe he could. Saan'an wasn't exempt from the disturbance they all felt. He had sensed it too. It was equally terrifying and motivating. If it was a portent failure, he couldn't let it see fruition. Fossk wouldn't have chosen him if he didn't think they could fix this together. Right?

Unless it had all been a fluke? After all, he was nobody, inexperienced, unprepared. What could a Padawan change amongst Masters and Politicians? He was hardly fit to have a voice, and yet they'd have him play such an integral role? Be a bridge? It felt like he was the very last thing keeping this all together, and he was failing. The weight of it could have crushed his bones on the very spot he stood.

The door to Fossk's office hissed open and Saan'an slipped in. A brief bow greeted the older man before Saan'an continued forward, checking notes on the datapad once tucked under his arm. "There's a modest group of Jedi outside the Grand Concourse," he informed. "I didn't report the violation, as I believe they wish to negotiate." Why else would they be here? "For that reason, and I assumed you would be receptive, as you usually are, even if it is a bit sudden."

3737.jpg

Senator of Epoch | Phantom Menace
Senate District, Coruscant

GADividerRed.png

Dawn of a New Day

“Of course there are.”

His chair swirled around to face the Jedi Padawan as he neared, a warm smile and comforting facade blanketed the obvious signs of what truly was about to happen. He let that show, he let it peek out from his brow, as if to give off the illusion of concern or better yet distrust in the Jedi outside. The elder statesman pressed his fingers together and chuckled under his breath half-heartedly.

“You’ve done well. It pleases me that after all this time they haven’t corrupted you too. You’ll be a fine Jedi one day.”

His hands slipped away, slapping against the desk and then sliding against the smooth surface as he subsequently straightened his posture and repositioned his chair forward in wait. He let silence fall between them for a moment, letting the air grow heavy.

“You must sense what is coming to pass, under normal circumstances I’d agree with you. It does not take an entire party of Jedi to negotiate however, especially with no formal clearance from the Senate.”

His eyes gleaned up at Saan'an Gaelor Saan'an Gaelor , with a reluctant frown he forced a smile.
“They are here to kill me. I’m too dangerous for them, in time you will see.”

New_Sith_Order_Banner_Final.png

if they're watching anyways

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance," she said, giving a friendly smile to the padawan. Auteme couldn't exactly be picky, but the likes of Errik Nimdok were not entirely what she'd been hoping for. If absolutely necessary, she supposed sufficient reinforcements would be on the way later today, with the meeting of the members of the Bastion Accords.

And if they captured Solipsis before the meeting, well, previous setbacks might be erased, and things might be mended.

"Coping, well, that implies reaction, inaction. I'd rather not sit and take things as they are." There was an undercurrent of anger in her tone, but it abated a moment later, and she sighed. "People have been hurt, and there is no coping with that."

And she'd brought a few more to be hurt in turn. For a moment her heart seized with fear of the decision she'd made, and Lucien stepped forward as though to pick up the slack.

"I'm Lucien, by the way," he gave a nod to those he didn't know, and a smirk to those he did. "Auteme's, uh... bodyguard?"

A glance back prompted a small grin from her, calming her nerves. "Sounds about right."

Her gaze turned to the diminutive green Jedi; it took her a moment recognize him, but she appreciated his presence greatly.
"You're quite right, Master Morteg. I admit- our schedule may be a touch rushed, but we have a touch of time before we begin by meeting with Senator Fossk, so we should be moving," she said, beginning to walk into the Senate Building. "He's... well, I feel he's almost a bundle of contradictions, what with being a former Jedi, now pushing against us. A remarkable man, to land on two feet after being rescued from the Brotherhood. Still, I feel things were simpler when Epoch's Senator was... ah, what was it- Titus. Not nearly as vocal, but loved his people just as much.

"Apologies, I'm rambling -- let's go."

jeditemplebanner.png

Incarceration
"I'm not a Jedi! I have rights! You can't just go around locking up random Force Users that you think are Jedi!" Kat was shouting outside of her confined room. They had taken her while she was working at the Hospital. Apparently her skills with Force Healing and connection to Allyson Locke Allyson Locke had been enough to grow suspicion that Kat was a Jedi or part of the NJO. Even though, she had not actively worked with the NJO, mostly because she didn't want to get involved in the more militant side of things and at the time, she knew that they were waging a campaign against the Sith Empire. Kat had taken part in wars for years long ago and she wanted to focus on other things nowadays, like helping those in need. She had been assigned some really difficult cases that could have used her Force Healing but now that she was trapped within this cursed Jedi Temple, there was no way to heal them and the guilt was eating away at Kat.

Her frustrations lashed out and she kicked the wall, denting it with her prosthetic leg. Her bags were packed, she had to grab a few essentials from her place on Coruscant before coming here. They did allow her that much, though she was watched, followed and taken straight to the temple afterwards. She hadn't even managed to warn M1-NI that she wouldn't be coming back to the ship any time soon. Kat wondered if she had messed up coming back to Coruscant, she had heard there were people in the hospital that needed her help and came straight to the city planet but she also knew the rising distrust in the NJO and the rumours of war crimes and possible arrest. She might have been better off ditching GA space and staying on some factionless worlds doing her work there like she had been as of late. It was a great way to get Allyson out of her mind, since things ended between them she hadn't been dealing with her emotions great. Burying them and putting on a neutral face to it all. That was her thought process. Drinking her nights away helped too.

She wondered if Allyson was around the temple, she hoped not, while it was crowded with Jedi. Kat could really do without bumping into her, hopefully Allyson was not in GA space and somewhere else with whoever it was that she was settling down with. Kat was just trying to form a plan, she needed to get off Coruscant and escape GA space. If they weren't going to let her just do her job wherever and whenever she wanted then she didn't really have a place here. Allyson was the real reason she had stuck around for as long as she had, having her closest friend around and having fun on missions with was great but things were icy and while Kat wanted to stay close friends with Allyson, she couldn't lose her only friend, she also thought it would be best if they had a little space for Kat to move on. If she could ever move on.

Kat kicked another dent into the wall. Damn it. She really needed to get the hell out of here.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom