Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Debutante Collection - Fashion Show on Denon

Captain of the Final Dawn
9q2Hq0b.png

judge-wargraves-navy-suit-in-and-then-there-w-L-UrebGo.jpeg

Stephen brought the glass of bourbon up to his lips & took a sip as the man spoke, then set the glass back down on the counter. He turned his head, regarding the man in the Imperial helmet with an unusual expression... and to one with a practiced eye, it might be apparent that even though the older man was still smiling, his eyes were not.

Stephen reached out, accepting the hand-shake with his own right hand. The suited man's grip was immensely strong; like a durasteel vice.

"Hal. Hal Somms. Talent Agent to the rich & famous." He said, lying with casual ease."And yours?"

Varos Dajaay Varos Dajaay
"Varos Dajaay, pleasure to meet you sir," he says returning his hand to the bar tabletop at ease.

d9xT0Qh.png

Dominique smiled as Ayumi addressed the Senator. She graciously accepted the other woman's invitation to join her. The rest would find somewhere to loiter nearby, but far enough back for comfort. Naturally, she made no effort to try and make room for them. They were hanging on to her, after all, and not her dearest companions.

"They are, but then I have never been disappointed in the brand." That someone thought to try new fashions only kept the flame of hope alive... that the galaxy might not be as worn out as it seemed on the surface.

Another look at the crowd found a few more familiar faces. Not all of them on a first-name basis or more than having once been seen before. That exceptionally tall, green Twi'lek for instance... Dominique was fairly certain to have seen her somewhere before. When she drew nearer to Marcella, there seemed to be a bit of familiarity to the scene -- if not all the 'players' in her orbit. Curious.

A light chuckle and the Senator tore her eyes away before she could be considered staring. Ayumi wouldn't like being ignored, after all. "You've been well, I trust? Certainly plenty of opportunities on Denon of late."

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
Dominique Vexx Dominique Vexx

"I have, new business chances have presented themselves and after the trade show from Sasori there was a few more interested in their products.... helps having a massive trade station and giving away portable molecular converters is also not a bad thing." She said it with a smile though as the different fashion was beautiful and she took in a few glances at the crowd around them and she was certain she didn't know any of them other then the senator sadly but... that was fine. They were unlikely to return to Upcity after this or pay as much attention on Denon. "I do hope I shall be able to convince you to join me for a drink here."

"Varos Dajaay, pleasure to meet you sir," he says returning his hand to the bar tabletop at ease.

Within touching distance now, Stephen had the perfect position to analyze the helmeted man up close. With decades of experience under his belt roaming the Underworld, and protecting some of the most powerful, affluent, and influential people in the Galaxy, he'd developed a particular set of skills...

Skills which had made the old Gangster very rich, and highly-trusted among the conglomerate of Criminals known as La Kosa Nostra.

He smiled upon receiving the man's name, inwardly making a note of it - committing it to memory. "Well, Mr. Daajay, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He replied, picking up his glass and taking another sip of the expensive bourbon. "Say, I couldn't help but notice..." He continued, making a show of catching the black viewport which concealed the helmeted man's face, then glancing downward toward the man's hip. "You're probably not from Denon, so I'll give you some friendly advice - from someone used to business here. The rumor is, the people that put on this event are some pretty dangerous folks... Connected with CorpSec, and into some pretty big business." He pointed casually, "The type who wouldn't take kindly to the embarrassment of a gun-fight surrounded by investors. You might want to be careful with that; I'd hate to see your first visit to the Denon System be your last."

In the corner of his eye, he caught the tell-tale color of emerald green in his periphery; Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae , Caporegime & right hand of The Donna herself. The immensely tall Twi-lek was casually waiting nearby, trying (and failing) to look disinterested in the conversation occuring at the bar. Stephen hadn't given the all-clear yet, and ignored her for the time-being.

Last edited:

MOSHED-2023-1-18-10-42-49.jpg

div-goldiguess.png

The simple exchange between them was considered acceptable and that contact with the Sith Rulership could be arranged rather promptly. However it would seem that Darth Carnifex would be more receptive than Darth Empyrean and Darth Ophidia. He had heard rather vague rumors which were now confirmed regarding the turmoils within the Sith Power Structure and was not surprised that they were having trouble amongst themselves with a Power Struggle like the Dark Council of Vitiate's Empire.

It would also seem that Carnifex's Faction of the Kainate would stabilize the Sith Order and that would prove quite beneficial to the Trade Federation as they moved to acquire more influence over galactic finances. There was already a plan in motion to sent a delegate from the federation to the remaining Fel Empire and if there was room, sent one to the Sith Order.

"I have little doubt that Empyrean and Ophidia would come to the table, if I struck a profitable bargain with the Kainate. After all a faction cannot run smoothly without currency and trade circulating." Laborr responded; going to use a rather old tactic to bring the other rulers to the table.

Captain of the Final Dawn
Within touching distance now, Stephen had the perfect position to analyze the helmeted man up close. With decades of experience under his belt roaming the Underworld, and protecting some of the most powerful, affluent, and influential people in the Galaxy, he'd developed a particular set of skills...

Skills which had made the old Gangster very rich, and highly-trusted among the conglomerate of Criminals known as La Kosa Nostra.

He smiled upon receiving the man's name, inwardly making a note of it - committing it to memory. "Well, Mr. Daajay, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He replied, picking up his glass and taking another sip of the expensive bourbon. "Say, I couldn't help but notice..." He continued, making a show of catching the black viewport which concealed the helmeted man's face, then glancing downward toward the man's hip. "You're probably not from Denon, so I'll give you some friendly advice - from someone used to business here. The rumor is, the people that put on this event are some pretty dangerous folks... Connected with CorpSec, and into some pretty big business." He pointed casually, "The type who wouldn't take kindly to the embarrassment of a gun-fight surrounded by investors. You might want to be careful with that; I'd hate to see your first visit to the Denon System be your last."

In the corner of his eye, he caught the tell-tale color of emerald green in his periphery; Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae , Caporegime & right hand of The Donna herself. The immensely tall Twi-lek was casually waiting nearby, trying (and failing) to look disinterested in the conversation occuring at the bar. Stephen hadn't given the all-clear yet, and ignored her for the time-being.

"Good advice, don't want to cause to much of a stir do I?" he says chuckling. After taking a close look at the man after a quick pause he resumes conversation, "So what's your business here? Looking for a model or summin?" He then surveys the room taking another look around, "Because honestly, I can see where you're coming from, there's so much untapped potential here," letting out a laugh.

Varos also takes note of the Twi-lek nearby,
"Strange, Jedi here? Interesting..." he thinks, trying not to draw to much attention to himself, something could be up.

Xiann tapped one of her rings idly on her glass of wine as she continued to look around the floor before catching the eye of Yu Karloo once again and being summoned over, an invitation she happily accepted. As she approached the nautilan, the Boss strolled by offering a wave of greeting but she was clearly going somewhere. Xiann simply bowed her head slightly and raised her glass towards Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud as she finally reached Yu.

“Well hello there… Miss Karloo, I believe it was.” She beamed a well practiced smile at her new companion, “I hope the new software is all working as intended. You do have my details in case you need to call me for anything right.” She leaned on the word ‘anything’ heavily, but her facial features stayed in their well practiced position, not giving anything away this early in the night. After a sip of her wine she nodded towards the stage, “Is there anything in the catalogue you’ve taken a fancy to yet? It all looks very nice, but I’m not entirely sure it’s my style.”

d9xT0Qh.png

"Giving them away?" Dominique smiled over at the Enterprising woman. "Hopefully, they don't produce too large a quantity at once." It was a novel invention, but taken to an extreme it could have serious detrimental effect on every market in the galaxy.

"Since it's you, you have my trust in choice of drink." After all, she'd already entrusted the woman enough to involve her in the Society on Denon. Not to mention Dominique already knew Ayumi was not one to settle on mass-production quality. People of their standing had to possess a certain set of skills -- knowing what to order and indulge in, for instance.

Curious given the woman's presence at the show, Dominique asked, "Have you an interest in anything on display so far?"

Ayumi Pallopides

"New model these are smaller and portable versions for the small scale like cleaning up trash at an event or program it to clean your home. You aren't going to be making massive supplies with it but it can help with the day to day and maybe entice buying some of the larger models." She said it and well a drink would be important she pulled up what she could on her interface and getting a drink for them she brought it up and there was always a chance. "Perhaps something from the private stash." She brought up a request to pull something out and she infused it daily for a few moments to keep it fresh. The shira was from Atrisia and her aid brought it quickly for them with some glasses and Ayumi touched it before opening it. "Ah a special vintage from Atrisia." She had the glass poured and beenfit of being in up city... a fair amount of nice things could be stored here.

d9xT0Qh.png

Trash disposal? That was sensible enough. As long as there were some kind of means or method to prevent people from cracking them open and reverse engineering them. Some people learned how to build massive explosive devices and then actually did it -- because they could. Ayumi might under the principles of the marketplace, but would some "innocent" soul just looking to test their abilities care for the consequences? Actually, Darkwire would be the worst case scenario... not that they had the funds to do it themselves, but there were ways.

Dominique smiled as Ayumi examined her selection. "Sounds delightful."

Naturally, being the recipient, Dominique waited for Ayumi to pour or make it clear what the etiquette would be in these circumstances. You could infer or read into a great deal when it came to how people acted in High Society. Seeing how their business relations were relatively young, it didn't hurt to constantly pay attention to the other woman's actions.

"Any plans for this evening?"

Ayumi Pallopides

She offered a smile and poured the wine into the glasses for the pair of them. A smile on her face though as she thought about it. "No real plans, depends really on who I might have met here for the aftershow." She offered the glass for her and looked at the wine before taking a sip. "Made from atrisian plums, they are rumored to make one immortal. Only the finest, after all." Her eyebrow came up though looking at all of the pretty clothing and she would likely have to get some for her collection when the line came out better. She looked at the senator though. "Do you have any plans senator? I know there is another one over there from the trade federation if the interface it reading profiles correctly. I know how much fun it can be to talk with the people you work with."

Yu Karloo

Y
HlLr6G6.png

A quick question to Isabelle under her breath confirmed the name of the young Twi'lek 'engineer' Yu had invited to join them. Ah yes, Xiann Sivron Xiann Sivron . That rang true upon the hearing. The Nautolan was curious about the woman, and how close her ties ran with Moonveil, and the shadow organization behind it.

As Xian arrived, Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud and Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse passed by, their course far from an idle mingling. Yu lifted her wine glass, returning the Donna's greeting as the pair moved on. Large, black eyes returned to the azure Twi'lek, the subtle dip of her head indicating a cursory study of the young slicer and her exotic dress. "Yes, but please call me Yu." The emerald-skinned smuggler/CEO replied, one leg crossing over the other, the high slit of her dress revealing smooth, fit contours. She stretched a hand to pat the chair next to her, inviting Xiann to join them.

"The Dedata systems works wonderfully, I had no expectations otherwise." Yu answered the Twi'lek regarding the secure software Xiann had installed in the new TranStar headquarters on behalf of Moonveil. Yu glanced at Isabelle to confirm that they did, in fact, have Xiann's contact information on file. The slightest nod of the Major-domo affirmed it. "I certainly will contact you if I have any needs." In similar form as Xiann, Yu leaned on the word 'any'. The lovely slicer was subtle and playful, something Yu found delightful.

Xiann's next question coaxed Yu to move her gaze from the amber-eyed Twi'lek to the fashion show underway. "Yes, a number of offerings have drawn my attention. Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus is quite a talented designer." She added, her gaze drifting back to Xiann. "And don't sell yourself short, Xiann, you would be quite fetching in many of those outfits." While the all black eyes were more difficult to read, the coy smile was not.

"What-say we find our dear Mairead, and congratulate her on a job-well-done, hmm?"

"Of course, Donna," Malcoma replied as if it was a proper question. With a gentle hand on Damris' shoulder before she stood, she wordlessly told him to not do the same. Someone ought stay in their assigned seats so that when Mikka took to the catwalk, there was at least one familiar face in the crowd exactly where she knew to look for it.

On their way to find the night's mastermind, Malcoma gave a polite smile Yu's way. When she and Ivory came upon Mairéad and Marcella, the headmistress stood back and gave a similar greeting to each of them. She didn't know either woman nearly as well as the Donna did, but, even if she had, Mal was not one for public shows of affection.

"Congratulations on the night, Mairéad," she added after Ivory's whisper. "I specifically appreciate your willingness to add Mikka to the roster."

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud Yu Karloo Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora

Denon, Grand Entertainment Revenue
Tags: Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora , Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus

There was a small head tilt upon Mairéad's insistence to drop formalities, though offered a “Very well.” in return with a dip of his head. It was good to see that a certain haughtiness typical with business folk did not cling to her person, if anything.

He, of course, was not in the proverbial ‘circle’ of his employers, and could only vaguely tell apart the exchange. An affirmation - perhaps a compliment - returned by another compliment. That was by his own choice, as paying well on its own did not merit a permanent loyalty like the one called for. Frankly, he doubted anything ever could, aside from the only pledge to another being he had. Samuel had no intentions of usurping that with another.

Samuel watched the conversation with a usually-found impassiveness and silence. It was when Marcella had seemingly finished the conversation and both had their business to go about, had the conversation been directed towards him.

“Thank you, Miss Fiora.” Came a polite response, though appreciative of the small complement nonetheless, even if it was mere courtesy. Then again, it was his usual attire - prim and proper, clean and ready for a surprise fight. When the next question was posed, he stared for a moment longer. “I’m afraid she is…” There was a moment of silence as there was a mull for the word. “Indisposed, to public appearances for the moment. The Star Lounge is much more comfortable compared to a planet like this. And far more safe than this planet, might I add.” Concluding the statement with the barely noticeable touch of warmness, or concern in his voice that was difficult to entirely keep out. It wasn’t too hard to figure out the reason as to why, the experience on Lyran was not exactly ‘normal’ for most people, even the two Bartenders. He, too, moved to the side to ensure that the workers would be on their way.

Soon enough, the show would be underway. Not long thereafter, however, was the arrival of Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud and Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse . The former needed little introduction, but the latter, he would only know by name, not appearance. Had it been mentioned, he’d recall the job taken up not long ago and connect the dots from there.

Untitled593_20230218225017.png
Location: Grand entertainment venue - Upcity (District 19) Denon
Objective: Host fashion show
Tags: Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse Liin Terallo Liin Terallo Varos Dajaay Varos Dajaay Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah Tadietti Tann Tadietti Tann Yu Karloo Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr Lucia Naberrie Lucia Naberrie Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae Ayumi Pallopides Ayumi Pallopides Xiann Sivron Xiann Sivron Diocletian Kahmen’’a Diocletian Kahmen’’a Samuel Exel Samuel Exel Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

sph2cjc_high_class_cyberpunk_coruscant_catwalk_fashion_show_wit_6f92ade4-435d-409b-84a9-829cb4843c16.png

Untitled611_20230228203554.png
"Fancy drinking?" she replied to Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora with a lighthearted laugh, "Absolutely... think I should? Probably not. Plenty of time for that later." The last few models were all done now and the final precession where each model would go out and line up for Mairéads to take a bow was preparing she saw Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud and Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse walking out and accepted Ivory's greeting, she smiled "I love my job" she said proudly to the Donna and then welcomed Malcoma too. "Its been a pleasure, Mikka has done great, if she is looking for something permanent I am sure we can arrange something." she raised her eyebrows in a suggestive manner, not wanting to mention the criminal ties, but Malcoma was family, and as such Mairéad would gladly provide employment for her associates.

"Oh, thats my signal ladies!" she said with a relaxed and confident grin that would make it hard to remember she was technically talking to her bosses and she ducked out towards the stage. Mairéad had modelled when she was a slave and remembered those skills, so she walked out with confidence and posed at the end of the runway for cameras before talking a bow to thank everyone for attending her fashion show. The night was still young and the bar would remain open a while longer, models would even go out to work the crowd whilst dressed in the range on display. She finished presenting on stage by doing a double handed blown kiss the the crown and walking away with a wave.

The lights on the stage finally went down as she walked off and the lights in the room set to a more ambient settinf for people to finish enjoying the drinks.

As Mairéad left the stage, she looked at Marcella first, and there was a sparkle in her eyes that she might shed shes tear of joy, then she looked at the Donna and at the other two Family members that had made their way back stage. "Maybe its time for that drink now?"

Untitled593_20230218225017.png

Location: Grand entertainment venue - Upcity (District 19) Denon
Objective: Organise and supervise a peck of 12 Ubese for the show
Tag: Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora | Malcoma Hesse Malcoma Hesse | Liin Terallo Liin Terallo | Varos Dajaay Varos Dajaay | Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok | Darth Xyrah Darth Xyrah | Tadietti Tann Tadietti Tann | Yu Karloo | Rulonom Laborr Rulonom Laborr | Lucia Naberrie Lucia Naberrie | Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae | Ayumi Pallopides Ayumi Pallopides | Xiann Sivron Xiann Sivron | Samuel Exel Samuel Exel | Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

HlLr6G6.png

Diocletian reassured Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus that he has everything under control, that was before a dress zipper decided to pop its tracks and the poor model was spirited away backstage to repair the broken zip. The dresser overstrained the zip and it broke.

Diocletian's blood pressure sure saw an uptick of a few notches. The peck began to get tetchy as they were waiting around for their turn backstage. Once they changed outfits they went on without a grumble.

The show went without a hitch except for a shouting match between two of the Ubese over who elbowed who. The situation was very unclear as the runway was busy enough to not get a straight answer out of them to defuse the increasingly sweary fight. Diocletian decided to let them boil over on their own. Very few spats end up physical as it wastes time and energy to hit each other.

Diocletian managed to defuse this one by telling the male Ubese- Max to chill a tad, Vennec, on the other hand, had thrown his hat onto the table convinced that Max had elbowed him in the temple. Diocletian felt his pressure ratchet up another notch as this was getting silly.

He shoved them back on the runway to get them out there, they can deal with the fighting later as they needed to do this first above all. So now things are calm and the last rotation had begun. Diocletian took a swig of Whiskey from the bottle, they have to get through this and they did and he swelled with pride as they took a bow, they had behaved impeccably and with a degree of tolerance.

This leaves Vennec and Max's spat to resolve that sparked off as soon as the show ended. Diocletian watched as it worsened before it fizzled out on its own. As they both realised it was stupid and childish and they were making a spectacle of themselves. The Peck of Ubese decided to linger around where the drinks were to avoid splitting up and getting lost in the crowd.

Diocletian was glad things worked out well enough.

{ I had no idea that there were still replies happening! My apologies as I was not notified until this morning, something of which has never happened before! }

There are many dresses and outfits that I like. If only I am able to see the way that others do and be able to witness colors! But alas, the Universe had chosen something else for me instead. I get to see everything in a different light, as it were. Yet despite all that, it does not take away the beauty of the designs. In some respects it might even enhance them! At least that is my opinion, anyways.

A lot of people were mingling and chatting amongst themselves either in groups or in pairs. Outside of my staff to guard and assist me, I had come alone. I am not yet familiar with the Core, nor are they familiar with me. But that is alright for the time being.

As the show appears to be over, I rise from my chair. My fan closes and I hang it loose at my side. The crowd moves in little bursts, yet I am sure to find my way out. I am just glad to have not been seated at the front or it would have taken me longer to get to the exit! But I find it all the same. Both my staff and I quietly take our leave to begin the long journey home.

Tag: Yu Karloo

Xiann smiled warmly and accepted the Nautolan’s invitation to sit next to her. As she sat he used her free hand to brush the lower part of her dress away from the chair so it wouldn’t get crumpled when she sat on it. This motion caused her to wobble for an instant before she regained her balance and sat down semi-graciously. The woman was still not used to this sort of clothing.

“Well, Yu, I am glad to hear our systems are working properly. Can’t let my good reputation be brought down by something like a simple software install.” The Twi’lek smirked and raised a brow slightly at the compliment, “Oh, undoubtedly. As I’m sure whatever you pick would be great on you too. I was referring a bit more to the material and style itself. In my line of work things get caught and torn quite easily. I enjoy things with a bit more endurance, something that can take a licking but keep going.” She paused to take a sip of her drink and leaned back in her chair, “You’re a practical woman, I’m sure you know what I mean. Having something that fits perfectly but is still comfortable, something for when you really need to get your hands dirty. It’s a big galaxy after all, and there is plenty that goes bump in the dark.” In a futile attempt to hide her smirk, Xiann quickly lifted her glass to her lips and took a rather large drink.

Yu Karloo

Y
HlLr6G6.png

Yu allowed her dark gaze to volley between the models, now all strutting down the catwalk in the final fanfare, and Xiann. She donned a smile and nodded when the Twi'lek further explained her comment on the dresses. "Thank you , Xiann. I could see myself in some, maybe for events or for the days in the office. Of course, these aren't designed for someone in your line of work, or some of my work."

The young slicer continued to insinuate what might have been seen as innuendo, into their conversation. Yu spotted the bold Twi'lek's smirk and unashamedly bared her own. "In my wardrobe are many outfits for various occasions and moods. You might be surprised that I do indeed have outfits for when things get dirty and ones for the things that go bump in the night." Yu flashed a grin as her gaze shifted from Xiann back to the stage. The last of the models had strolled out.

Isabelle, far too professional to roll her eyes at her boss, simply glanced away and took a quick sip of her drink. At this point, Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus made her way on stage to take her bows. Yu stood and applauded. The woman had done well, pulling off a lovely event with Marcella.

Looking back to Xiann, Yu continued. "I wonder if someone of your talents could do an assessment of the systems on my personal ship, it has been a while since they have been reviewed." The Nautolan mused out loud.

Xiann Sivron Xiann Sivron

Dominique gave a quiet laugh. "Immortal? I hope there's a laboratory looking into that rumor." Would that be an offensive thought to a Jedi? Well, it was hardly the most offensive thought Dominique had ever uttered. Certainly wouldn't be the most "immoral" thing she would have done either. Even if it wouldn't make one immortal, though, taking a few years off would garner enough credits by itself.

"Another?" Yellow eyes calmly slid over to the side to catch sight of the one Ayumi mentioned. "Yes," the Senator hummed before taking a sip of the wine, "such interactions are the foundation of the Alliance." The Trade Federation was always a welcome partner in talks when it came to Denon, of course. They typically understood one another with little effort.

"Have you had the opportunity to speak with them before?" Dominique cast her eyes back toward Ayumi. As the woman had held the seat Dominique did now, she was curious about past interactions. "Perhaps, later, we could use their network to distribute certain products to a wider audience." Much later at this point, but there was never any harm planning for that far in the future.

Ayumi Pallopides Ayumi Pallopides

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom