Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Debutante Collection - Fashion Show on Denon

Ayumi Pallopides

Heir to the Emperor, Former Senator of Denon
Dominique Vexx Dominique Vexx

"Yes somewhat... there have been several start ups trying to be the next trade federation and that does get hard to keep track." She said it though and labs working on the plum would be something if they could maintain it beyond a handful of hours without a force user there to keep infusing it. "The handful though were mostly postering as they tried to have control and bad business in the end." She said it with a small smile on her face though She looked at some of the others who were around and it was still a good collection for business if you wanted to. The higher the clients the more the district could continue to garner trade and profit away from the other areas of Denon... plus all of these halls and opera houses or event centers were not cheap to maintain. "But business is business though for Distribution Corelliaa is beneficial and a long standing business with the Merill has always been important."

d9xT0Qh.png

"There'll never be anything like it, if no one makes the effort." Dominique smiled. "The same can be said for criminal syndicates. So many have tried to claim the mantle of The Black Sun. It is not an easy thing living up to a legend. It takes on an almost romantic quality that nearly seems scripted in nature, rather than something forced to struggle with the challenges of the every day. Internal rivalries, incompetence, intruding busybodies..."

"Few think Coruscant can be rivaled in its market dominance, but I maintain Denon is better positioned to take advantage of the changing economic landscape of the outer regions."
For one thing, they didn't have the Jedi Council ambling into every meeting they could. Dominique had entertained the idea of setting aside an area of the Jedi on Denon out of concern that events had begun to spiral out of control... Though the opportunity didn't arise in conversation, and so Denon remain blissfully Jedi free -- as free as you could be of Jedi, at any rate. Present company excluded, of course.

"Long-standing partnerships are worth more than their weight in riches,"
the Senator concurred. "We could always haunt the rest of the guest present to see if any are interested in finding out if they have such longevity in their selves."

Ayumi Pallopides

She had to offer a grin to that.. the idea of Denon rivaling Coruscant was well worth it if it all went right and if they could establish more to it. "It can be, with the right interests and clients. That is what has been tried here in upcity but it would need some more areas." She took another sip of the wine and it was a nice flavor that she could enjoy here. "Walking around does seem like a good idea... if for no other reason the chance to meet with a few others.... but I do hope to entice you to share another bottle senator. Sometimes I do so miss politics but then I remember how stagnant things could get when rapid fire motions are given if one fails and notions put forward before any data to see if it could be done."

d9xT0Qh.png

Dominique laughed again. "Rarely is anything of value done inside of the Senate Chambers. You'll find me enjoying a glass of wine while others try to appear to be doing their job for the holo-vids." Though there were, on occasion, exceptions to the rule. Those were the motions you had to be careful of -- the kind put forward by a savvy politician that could try to steal a planet out from under you.

"Speaking of which," she slowly rolled the glass atop the tips of her fingers, "we could continue to enjoy this exquisite wine, after all. We'll watch for when one of the others are free. No need to seem to be waiting 'our turn.'" They were far too important -- or self-important -- to seem to be beholden to someone acknowledging their social worth.

"I'd welcome your thoughts on finding those clients, of course. When Denon prospers, we prosper."

Ayumi Pallopides

She gave a nod to that... it was the true way to go about it and Ayumi looked around with her eyes for a place and motioned. THey could stand and be in their own area with the best observation of the guests while talking. "Quite, the people coming here for this will help with a few things like upgrading some fo the security forces in Upcity, or some of the locations. Karen Roberts once tried to start a temple for the jedi... might be able to bring it about now that they have been working on their economic circle. It is better for investments and the Commonwealth has developed strong AI's for the market." She shrugged and she was prepared for much... "But I don't want to take attention away from you senator.... it isn't often I get to venture out with such a beauty to talk with."

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
"I love my job" she said proudly to the Donna and then welcomed Malcoma too. "Its been a pleasure, Mikka has done great, if she is looking for something permanent I am sure we can arrange something."

Ivory chuckled, impressed with her Capodecina's charisma, ambition, and natural ability. Mairead had blossomed since joining The Family, and had finally begun to spread her wings... a path which reminded Ivory herself of her early beginning within the Syndicate. She wasn't familiar with the private business between the two women, but knowing that Mairead was looking out for her family was comforting.

Mairead drifted off at her cue, and took her place on-stage. Ivory remained to watch, mentioning how impressed she was with the event to Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora . When Mairead rejoined them amidst thunderous applause and celebration, The Donna said very little - beaming with pride.

"Maybe its time for that drink now?"

"I woud say you've earned it." Ivory replied.

Xiann tilted her head slightly as the last models strutted out onto the catwalk, did their parade and returned backstage. Now that she thought about it, if she was going to be mingling in fancier circles and events like this, she would have to get more clothing to suit the occasions. She only ever went to upper class gigs as part of her work before so she needed a particular arrangement of garments but now, with her new Family, she didn’t have to worry about being stabbed or shot quite as much and could wear more impractical clothing such as her current dress.

As Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus made her way on stage the Twi’lek stood along with Yu Karloo and applauded. It had been a fine show and the event had little to no problems that she knew of. It seemed like a big success as far as she could tell. She hoped it paid off for her friend, marketing on this level couldn’t have been a cheap affair.

Xiann turned back to her conversation partner as she thought aloud, “Your personal ship?” Her lips pursed together as she thought back to the information her and Dedata has sifted through until her brain latched onto the image of the ship in question and a very excited smile crossed her face, “With bulkheads like that I’d love to strip her down and give a her a thorough going over. I’m sure we could come to some arrangement, just get in touch when you have time and we can discuss everything.”

Yu Karloo

Y
HlLr6G6.png

"With bulkheads like that I'd love to strip her down and give a her a thorough going over. I'm sure we could come to some arrangement, just get in touch when you have time and we can discuss everything."

As the well-deserved applaud finally waned, Yu turned again to Xiann, a smile confirming her delight in the Twi'lek's response. There was an easiness about the slicer, a confidence that allowed a subtle tang of flirting to accompany their conversation. Yu found it very entertaining.

"She is well built and holds some surprises, I am sure she would be in very capable hands, Xiann. You will hear from me this week." The Nautolan replied, sipping the last of her drink, eying the attractive engineer. The supposed dual meaning was true either way. The Pharaoh was a hub for both smuggling operations and entertaining VIPs, abd Yu wanted the latest and most effective tech on board. As for the other meaning, well, All work and no play was a poor practice.

The celebration continued as the lights on the runway dimmed and those in the room lifted a little. Yu turned to Isabelle. "I need another drink." Then her all-black gaze turned back to Xiann, "How about you?"

Xiann Sivron Xiann Sivron

Xiann bowed her head slightly at the confirmation, “I look forward to it. From what I’ve learned of you I’m sure this will become a mutually beneficial partnership going forward.” She raised her glass, smiled and finished off the last few drops. The woman glanced around the room as the lights came up, trying to quickly gage who was where and with who. Any morsel of information she could bring back to her Capo would surely lead somewhere. This was a place for the wealthy to mingle and talk after all. A face stood out among the crowd, one she recognised all too well and wished she didn’t.

The twi'lek’s playful smile vanished and her skin turned an even paler shade of blue. ‘Of all the places, why is she here? Shouldn’t she be in the core worlds somewhere?’ Her expression twisted into one of malice and hatred, ‘You better not have come looking for me numa. Or you will be sorely disappointed.’

Yu Karloo speaking brought Xiann back to reality. Her features lost there dark tone but struggled to return to a full smile. She went to take a drink but found her glass empty. Letting out a nervous chuckle she responded, “Yes, thank you. That would be lovely.” Her eyes darted over the crowd again before returning to her nautolan companion, “Perhaps something a bit stronger this time.” She tried to smile properly but it was very unconvincing and clearly forced.

Yu Karloo

Y
"I look forward to it. From what I've learned of you I'm sure this will become a mutually beneficial partnership going forward."
"The best kind, right?" Yu quipped.

The house lights lifted a bit, allowing the audience to see one another better, yet remained soft enough to encourage an inviting social setting. Isabelle's gaze shifted from Xiann back to Yu. "Ma'am, if I may, there are things I should tend to." The woman explained, deftly setting her glass on the tray of a passing server.

"Of course. Be well." The Nautolan responded to her workaholic Major-Domo. Isabelle had wisely discerned that no more real business talk would take place between her boss and the Twi'lek. What was taking place had nothing to do with her, aside from making the arrangements for Xiann to visit the Pharaoh III for her "evaluation". "Be well, Ms. Karloo." Isabelle offered before disappearing into the crowd.

Yu did not miss the shift in both the target of Xiann's gaze, or the shift in her features. Xiann spoke as if to herself, yet loud enough that Yu could overhear. The blue engineer tried to veil her distress, but Yu was a practiced con artist, and could read the young woman. "I agree, come on, let's hit up the bar."

Yu lead the way, though keeping Xiann at her side. The Nautolan leaned in a bit towards Xiann speak more discreetly. "I hope this isn't too forward, but I couldn't help but noticed. You seemed to see someone here you wished you hadn't? Is everything alright?"

Xiann Sivron Xiann Sivron

Last edited by a moderator:
Xiann followed Yu Karloo through the crowd of people to the bar, still glancing around trying to catch sight of her sister again. The young Twi’lek hadn’t felt so shaken in, well, as long as she could remember. When the couple reached the bar, Xiann flagged down the barkeep and ordered a pair of Tarisian Tangos. It had been a long time since she had someone to drink with, so she was going to take advantage slightly.

The Nautolan leaned closer and spoke softly, but enough to hear above the din, “Oh, now you’re concerned about being forward?” Xiann chuckled and smiled very lightly, before waving her hand slightly, “Just a hefty ghost from the past. One I thought, and hoped, I would never see again.” She glanced back out to the crowd still seeing nothing but generic faces, “I’m hoping it’s just coincidence.” She practically scoffed at the thought and raised her brow towards Yu. Presumably Yu, considering her line of work, had a similar feeling toward coincidences as Xiann did, “But if not and she’s trying to find me… Well, It’s in her best interest that she fails.” A scowl crossed her face as she spoke before vanishing again as the barkeep brought the pair’s drinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom