Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Debauchery At Best [CIS Dominion of Void Station]

It was meager of course. Norongachi never went for plush or over stated. A desk, a stocked alcohol cabinet, that all he required to conduct his work and so when the owner of Silk had begun her rebuttal he had moved to the office the Count had so generously provided. The desk was like any other, a dark wood with a computer laid into its top, a lamp for illumination. A single chair sat behind it and a window looked out into the perforated black of space.

"Mr Norongachi, if you please." How could Salem not feel the mans approach, he radiated with the Force. "My title has never changed nor has it mattered to me. Drink?" He didn't wait for a response, moving toward the cabinet and finding two glasses. He set them down upon the desk and poured an ample measure of amber whiskey into each, after which he picked up his own glass and took the measure of the man. He didn't recognize him although he did like his hat.

@Je'gan Olra'en

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Salem Norongachi"]

"Thank you." He took the seat and the glass, recognizing both for the tests of corporeality they were; the hat stayed on. "She's not bad, you know, your spin doctor. More polished than our CEO, certainly -- but then again, Ventus grew up in the gutters of Metellos before washing out of AgriCorps.

"Entertaining as all that was, though, Silk's board felt it best that someone come to speak plainly and take plain speech in turn. Consider me a minority shareholder.

"The board wants out of Void, minimal fuss, minimal posturing. I'm empowered to knock various service charges off the settlement Ventus proposed. Frankly, I suspect you want to wash your hands of this as much as I do. Some numbers for your consideration."

A small datapad slid across the desk. It displayed significant reductions on the rent or purchase costs which Ventus had proposed -- one-ten a month, or one-point-two to purchase outright.

"To my eye, the purchase is the better deal, and the board pegged it that low for a reason. The Silk Family of Companies had holdings on Druckenwell, minor to be sure, but enough to make shareholders...skittish about long-term investment, regardless of Silk's Techno Union status."

Siara Kai

Information Broker
It wouldn't be long before the combined efforts of the Lord Commander and the Ambassador would allow a seamless flow of traffic from the exiting Silk employees. No one was to harm a hair on any sapients head. The last thing the Confederacy needed was to garner an enemy with Silk Holdings.

The enforcing of the Lord Commander's orders was paramount, none the less, a shake of her head would relay how green as goblin moss the Ambassador's words had reflected of her. In this instant, there was no need to patronize, merely show the willingness to discuss, perhaps parlay. Lining it with muted sarcasm, despite the equal amounts in Ventus's words would only end up slapping her back in the face.

Click click, would be the sound of Siara's heels as she would soon arrive near the Count's secured area. A finger would press at her earwig to talk to [member="Marek Starchaser"].

"What's the status?" she'd ask, her hazel eyes drifting in observation of the Silk Exodus.

"I could never get a handle on the sickly sweet lies needed in the arena of diplomacy," He commented with a sigh and a mouthful of whiskey. "Even at the head of the Corporate Sector, I found the...games, a tedious process. So you can tell your board they have my thanks."

A hand took up the datapad and read the figured there, large to be sure but a drop in the bucket for the CIS. He set it back down and took another mouthful, the liquid blazing a trail down his throat. "Whether you stay or you leave matters little to me or the CIS, to be frank I expected the Count to have spoken with all parties involved in the workings of the station before our arrival. For that I can only say; If you want something done right..." He shook his head with a smile. "We have no intention of disrupting business, anyones, by our presence here. Granted I can understand Silk's position, who wants to be at a potential hot zone?" Another mouthful and then a second of silence from Norongachi. "Half that number, you are leaving on your own. We aren't forcing you, we aren't seizing your assets. Half to buy Silk's interests here."

@Je'gan Olra'en

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
The Count sent a message to Salem's comm device from his office. ''My apologies about the whole Silk situation, my friend. I've been trying to get them to sell their shares on this station for months to no avail, they even tried buying me out once. The nerve of them, trying to force me out of a company I rebuilt myself.........at any rate, I'll gladly pay my share towards this acquisition if required.'', the Count said in a polite tone. He was a proud businessman, having held out against Silk acquiring his company for so long. ''I'll be down in just a moment, just finishing the details with your emissary here in my office....''

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

"Six hundred million. The price of three command ships." Je'gan smiled faintly. "I'm privy to Silk's internal valuation of Void Station's assets and location, as it happens. I'd likely be fired for revealing it. Suffice it to say that your offer is acceptable to me, and I'll make the board see reason. Not that it'll take much -- as I said, they are of one mind with you and I on the desirability of resolving this quickly and cleanly."

He knocked back the last of the tumbler. "That's my purpose here -- by whatever means were necessary. I'm immensely pleased to find a rational adult atop the throne. You're something of a rare commodity, Mr. Norongachi. Should you find yourself interested in the private sector, I happen to know of a small galaxy that could use a competent administrator. The Rishi Maze -- Silk Holdings has been exploring it for years, filling it with waypoints, small starports, trade franchises. We are something of a dominant presence there; I think you'd find it an interesting avenue for growth, should you ever opt to change your stars."

EmKay

A grimace crossed Atretes' face, watching and listening in on the security feed from the private meeting room where Morcus, Irulan, and this Selka woman were holding a meeting. Then his perceptions in the Force clicked and he switched feeds, seeing a woman heading into that very same secure place. He clicked off his datapad, closed his eyes, and with a sigh he felt the tendrils of the Force creep into his musculature, then he was off. Moments before [member="Siara Kai"] was to reach the security threshold, Atretes was before her, in firm blocking of her path.

"It appears that [member="Count Morcus"]' private chambers are exceptionally full with himself, a diplomat, and a corporate official," he said, his tone playing between danger and pleasant information, "You, however, turned up as nothing on my records. I'm afraid I'll have to restrict you access until you explain who exactly you are." he finished. He never scowled, grimaced, or let his voice dip too far into the aggravation that plagued him today between trigger-happy recruits he was happy to send off into the hangars following [member="Salem Norongachi"]'s order, and the whole mess of corporate interests.

"What's the status," she reiterated quietly just as she passed [member="Siara Kai"]. Green gems for eyes moved over the other woman's form and surely left her to meet the pupil of [member="Salem Norongachi"], [member="Atretes Rhoujen"]. It was a quick nod of acknowledgment before shuffling off. It reeks of treachery here. So much that bile threatened to climb from her very throat and spew forth from her pretty painted mouth. The thought was as upsetting as the former. Anesia licked her lips and swallowed back the acid.

No pass. No go. Do not collect two-hundred credits.

It was a merry thought that and the gray skirt-suited lady snorted to herself in dismay. The rapping of her heels tack-tacked upon the glossy dark floor and the partisan of the Confederacy moved about the palace on an asteroid as if achingly familiar to it.

"[member="Count Morcus"]," Anesia greeted in kind, with a bit of sugar on her tongue. "I was just looking for you." Funny that.

| [member="Anesia Jy'Vun"] | [member="Enigma"] | [member="Marek Starchaser"] | [member="Salem Norongachi"] | @Aretes Rhoujen | @Je'gan Olra'en | [member="Count Morcus"] |

In the distance system of Ziost, there was once a gathering of Sith Lords and lessors that had banded together to form the League of Red, a council of warlords that would reign all manner of destruction and chaos throughout the galaxy in the name of then recently defunct Sith Empire, which had been brought down by the Galactic Republic, their Jedi Order and the United Clans of Mandalore, who sought to take the chance of revenge in retaliation for the attacks on their worlds at the height of the Empires power.

It had been the Shadow Emperor Darth Voracitos that had banded together the Sith Warlords and subsequently led them in a false flag operation on Ziost and Aeten II, where the League deceived the Mandalorians into thinking that they were going to serve them, now that the Empire was dead. It was a scheme in which Voracitos planned to usurp the Mandalorian's control of Ziost after convincing them to allow the League a residence there and the ability to defend their former homeworlds.

The plan had not come to fruition, however. Despite the Annihilator-class boarding shuttles creation, thanks to the stygium crystals stolen during the New Order's attack on Aeten II and the use of the Bosph construction facilities, Voracitos had disappeared, the League had disbanded and it's members scattered across the universe. The New Order had died as well and thus two projects that Darth Ayra had participated in had died. Not that it mattered to her now. It was time for a fresh approach.

One last gift had been left to the Dark Lord of the Sith prior to Voracitos's disappearance. It came in the form of probes, of which the deceased Sith Emperor had planted across the galaxy, to act as his eyes and in some cases, formulate his own spirit to confront old enemies, as it happened on the Abominor in the unknown regions, in his last duel with [member="Ashin Varanin"]. Utilizing this sophisticated network to her own advantage, through the probe Voracitos had left to her following the Aeten II false flag operation, Ayra made her way to the Void Station, to announce herself to the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

Her name would be Alicia Drey, a CEO of a tier two technological firm called Chandrila DataTech, which was found in Chandrila's capital Hanna City. Her intentions were to gain support, contacts and wealth in the process; and the CIS was a fine place to do it in. Her Force-sensitivity was so, that she found the ability to completely hide it from detection; and so the betrayal of Darth Ayra, her real name, would not bear to fruition, if she had anything to do with it. Sat within the confines of a seat found in an office inside DataTech's headquarters, Alicia waited patiently for her hologram to be accepted and when it happened, business would ensue...

A smirk threatened to tug at the corner of Norongachi's mouth but he bit back the urge. Of course the offer was acceptable, money for nothing in the scheme of things and all in the name of PR. Somewhere inside what remained of his soul, he died a little knowing that. Still repairing whatever damage had transpired between the CIS and Silk was a desirable outcome for the future. If the first step was a hefty bribe, then so be it.

"You really don't mince your words do you?" Another drink killed the glass and he set it down upon the table. "Its something to consider, the future is never certain in my line of work." He extended a hand then. "Its settled, the Count will pay half the sum as agreed and the CIS government the rest. I get the feeling that if we'd left it to the other two we would have been here until Life Day. The deal done he turned his attention to [member="Count Morcus"], still patiently waiting on the com-line.

"Not a worry," He began. "I've solved the issue, however we are about to become business partners on Void Station. For the sum of 300 million you can own a 50% share in all of Silks holdings here."

Taa Nul

''Then we have a deal. I'll transfer the credits over to you immediately so you can straighten out the necessary arrangements. I look forward to a mutually beneficial relationship between House Morcus and the CIS.....ahh, it seems another one of your compatriots has arrived. I'll be back in the meeting hall in just a moment....'', the Count said before smiling at Anesia. ''My greetings to you, mi'lady. What can I do for you?''

[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]

"We can continue the stroll, Count," she noted and with a jest of her hand, vaguely referred to the direction of the meeting hall and set off at a slow pace. "This one can talk and walk."

With each step, her heels tapped the floor. Silk workers slid past all the while. No one thought to give them a better offer? Tsk. Side-by-side of the man and a little closer to the destination, Anesia began, "I would like to see what you've got to offer," straight to the point. "Plainly, I would like to talk business. There is still a war going on and I do like being prepared." Chaotic green eyes glanced sideways at [member="Count Morcus"] and she smiled. "I understand that you will be in contact with [member="Marek Starchaser"]... however," both hands came to clasp just in front of her as she strode, "I should like to see for myself. You understand... this is just protocol. One can never be too careful in times such as these, Count Morcus."

[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"] [member="Count Morcus"]

Ikki was doing what she did best, blending in to the background with her own abilities... no she was just to small that most forgot she was there as the latex dressed Obsidian maid moved about quietly and meekly offering bows and having her net launcher on her hip. The alchemically created mono wire a lovely gift for combat that she could just manipulate through the force. Her master before he vanished had taught her that much but not saber combat. Now she was letting her 4'9 inch stature conceal her while moving about behind those stronger then her.

Taa Nul

''Certainly, mi'lady. Please, follow me...'', he said as they strolled through the corridors of the Count's palace, soon walking past a large window looking out at the Count's shipyards, each busy building the massive Lucrehulk-class Battleships that made the Count so wealthy. Several TIE fighters on patrol sped past the window, while several Interdictine-class Star Destroyers kept watch over the shipyard. ''As you can see, my shipyards are well protected from any of our enemies thanks to my Household Phalanx.....fleets and armies formerly of the New Order have flocked to work for me with the dissolution of their former Empire.''

[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]

Once again, her gaze befell that of the shipyard. Not long ago, she had stood alongside Salem with a view too similar. Shipyards. Anesia smiled only slightly then, just a tug at the right corner of her mouth for Druckenwell's own. The urge to laugh was there inside, but absent to the Station. To anyone else other than herself. A fire burned within, sweaty palms were testament to it and it took her a brief moment to collect control of her body's temperature. The Master of the Force merely slid into a skin more... suitable for the time.

The Fire was not for the Void.

"Have you ever gave a thought to why," pausing suddenly, she craned her head to peer into the man's own eyes, "[member="Count Morcus"]? Why they flocked here? I mean no disrespect. Void Station is quite charming." Anesia gave him a moment to think about what she had asked. "Be cautious. It is usually those we least suspect that dig our graves behind our backs. It is when you feel the most protected," her voice was soft, and she spoke as if they were long lost friends. "when you feel there is finally order and you have control. That, Count Morcus, is when they will bury you with the very hands you shook to welcome them in."

The smile was back upon her face, debonair, and not a lick of red lipstick out of place. They were close to the meeting hall now and there was in no doubt many more ears than seemed present.

Taa Nul

''I've no worry about them turning against me, it was I that told them to work for me in the first place.....they've proven themselves quite loyal, I assure you.'', he said with a smirk, as they eventually arrived back in the dining room. ''I have returned! I've sorted out all the appropriate paperwork, Void Station is officially part of the Confederacy of Independent Systems....''

[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]

Norongachi had left his office, bidding farewell to the representative from Silk Holding and assuring him that the appropriate paper work would be signed and delivered before the end of the business week and now he stood at the very same window he and [member="Anesia Jy'Vun"] had gazed out of not an hour before.

The freighters that were to take the employees of Silk to their new homes, loomed at the various docking ports of the station. Tubes forming a hard-seal between them and the station, allowing passengers to embark. A ship dropped out of hyperspace, barely a sparkle against the back drop of space but Norongachi's senses were always on high alert, it was usually in the moment of triumph that disaster struck. From this distance he couldn't make out anything discerning about the ship but it was large, a frigate of some sort.

"Sigma..." He sent telepathically to [member="Atretes Rhoujen"]. "Can you check the docking manifest, see if any ships are due for arrival..."

[member="Salem Norongachi"] [member="Count Morcus"] [member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]

Ikki was listening mainly because her technique of being the smallest in the room without making a sound was working so well. The musings of those you could trust digging your grave was something she understood. She had been recruited and brought to the Sanctum when her bosses and master disappeared and he showed up... Now he was gone and she was alone attending to the others while offering her own smile looking out at shipyards. Force senses dull and not picking up much else but she was commiting their words to memory.

"Officially," she mused to [member="Count Morcus"], "I like the sound of that."

While the Count made bravado, the woman glanced about the dining area. She had been gone a better part of the... visit. Notably, the same faces were present, save a few that had seemingly disappeared. And one whose shadow and scent, however vague it was, caught her attention. Anesia did not make a show of knowing, nor did she so much as glance to [member="Ikki Ike"].

Given the proximity, only a touch upon the Force waves would do to send her voice to Ikki. You have been polishing that same vase for quite some time, child. Tell me, what have you heard or are you that fond of the decor?

On a completely separate note, she wondered where that beast she sometimes called hers was. [member="Salem Norongachi"] was missing in action... or inaction as it were. Perhaps it was slight precognition on her part when she spoke to the Count so... brashly. It was out of turn for her. Anesia held in a sigh, then swallowed it. She touched upon that inky invisible line they shared, only using her power to slide along his mind like some foreign silk sheet. There were no words; her aim was not to distract him. Not yet, anyways.

[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]

Illi looked up and smiled as she spoke softly but into the force so it was a whisper. "I like to make sure everything is tidy before I work." She kept a smile on her face and unspooled for a moment one of the monowires as the force flowed and the vase was cleanly sliced through going to the ground. "I am Ikki, apprentice and maid of the Obsidian order master and I make sure problems are tidied up." A small smile tugged at her lips though and she did enjoy it while wrapping her wire back around her finger on the special spool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom