Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Debauchery At Best [CIS Dominion of Void Station]

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Really, this was Marek’s second time working with the Count. He knew that they were going to become very srong business partners. The real trick was pulling Void Station into Confederate control. And that was why the diplomats were here. For him? He was just here to protect investments and ensure that Void Station was given their due diligence. Nodding at [member="Count Morcus"], he smiled. “Nice to see you again, Count.” Because he could be nice.

Sort of.

Reaching out to the Force, he could feel those gathered and nodded. Right, at least they had the Force, should things go south, and he could hopefully pick out what was going on before it escalated. Then he could step in.

Maybe.

Watching [member="Irulan Shae"] walk in, he followed behind, observing the area, it’d been a while since he was here. Who else was around? [member="Morna Imura"], and [member="Salem Norongachi"] both seemed on edge, and the Foreman did go pour himself and the Lord Commander a round. “Norongachi.” He stated, handing the rocks glass over. See? No need to always stand on ceremony.

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
The Count chuckled. ''Get Mister Norongachi a glass of whiskey, Horatio.'', he said to one of his servants, before peering at Morna. ''They confiscated your ring?!? Agh, they take things too seriously. My security chief seems to forget I'm not just an old man...'', he said, tapping the curved lightsaber hilt on his belt. ''Horatio! Tell the security chief to return our guest's jewelery immediately!'', he said to the servant who'd just poured Salem a glass of whiskey. The servant nodded, and strolled off to speak with the security chief. ''I'm happy to bring Void Station into the CIS fold, but I have one stipulation before we make an agreement. I wish to be made the Viceroy of this station and it's surrounding space, if such an arrangement could be made?''

[member="Salem Norongachi"]
[member="Morna Imura"]
[member="Atretes Rhoujen"]
[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]
[member="Irulan Shae"]
[member="Marek Starchaser"]

EmKay

It didn't take long for word to circulate to Atretes, who acted as chief of CIS Security on Void Station currently, about Morna's jewellery problem. He gave an exasperated sigh and muttered into earpiece.

"Why did you take the accessories? We are concerned about weapons, not pointy things. If we wanted to be that tight on security, we'd have developed something to nullify Force powers." he struggled to keep his voice down, then he said, perhaps a little too loudly,

"What do you mean..? What's an 'ysalamir'?" to which he shook his head and continued, "No matter, just get on it before this slip causes waves." he finished with a note of finality, then watched a soldier of the Confederate army walk in, place the adornments on the table before Imura, then walk back out to return to his patrol. A soft tone from Atretes' earpiece signaled that all weapons throughout the station were confiscated, accounted for, and kept on record for safe containment and later reallocation. Things were safe, mostly.

Really what in the hell was going on now. I decided to take a drink when the Count said for my jewelry to be sent back to me. Great, now I just looked like a Spoiled brat. I rolled my eyes, took the rings of the table and put them in my pocket. I was sour about it yes, just the inital idea of taking even jewelry was absurd, but when it was given to me made me look like I was playing the count. I mentally kicked myself in the ass as I took a very long swig of my beer.

Such a nice gesture, she thought, if it had indeed been the Count's security chief that had ordered it to begin with.

"That will not be necessary," a sly digit begged the attention of Horatio's shirt just before he passed. "Those were our arrangements," she smiled prettily, "and we have control of the matter." The man seemed to pause, looking from [member="Count Morcus"] to Anesia and then back. "We are not here to fight, darling. This is a diplomatic rendezvous and well.... " He blinked a few times and filled back into his normal persona. "We would not seem very diplomatic if we were to arrive armed." It was a plain and simple explanation.

More often than not a certain voice claimed her attention and she fought the urge to find the man that went with it. Not until Horatio moved back to his master's side. Reluctantly he did and Anesia nodded in silent approval. From a distance, the dark lady's eyes passed over Salem. It was brief and fleeting, but she indulged in those few seconds- even taking note of [member="Marek Starchaser"] and his appearance... the gold-amber liquid pooling into a procured glass. They moved from [member="Morna Imura"], then to [member="Irulan Shae"], where they ascended slowly from the other woman's feet to her very eyes. It was... nice to have another woman among them. Anesia offered a light, earnest smile in her direction.

The aroma of exotic smells curled up her nose and she was suddenly hungry. Not starving, but sustenance would be nice. She reached, palming a single yellow and cream colored fruit- shurra - and set it on her plate. Knife and fork in hand, she sliced upon the skin and removed it before cutting the meat of the fruit into small pieces. The taste was heavenly, shurra juice exploding on her tongue. She savored it with a sigh until all that remained were the seeds and skin artfully discarded off to the side.

If such an arrangement...

Pull the strings, puppet-master. Make them dance, they said.

"If you'll excuse me, gentlemen," after a simple swipe of her hands upon her napkin, the woman stood, pushing her chair back. Anesia canted her head in slight apology and sauntered away. While the dining area was marvelous, she was growing tired of the scene. Or maybe it was just curiosity nipping at her heels. She hardly thought her absence would be noted now, as had been the luck since arrival, the Master was more a ghost than anything. Footfalls now soundless, perhaps swallowed by the cavernous settlement all around. Either way, she found herself touring the halls just outside the banquet room.

There was no doubt security was watching, but the act itself lacked the luster of being insidious. It would seem just a patron in a museum... marveling at the anatomy of the structure.

"Of course it can, [member="Count Morcus"]. It would make sense, given your knowledge of the station and its inhabitants." A small concession, one that mattered little. As far as Salem Norongachi knew, the Viceroyalty of the CIS were like royals everywhere; They took a paycheck and did little of the work but still, if it brought Void into the CIS' sphere of influence he would gladly grant the man such a title.

It was then his eye caught Anesia's and he watched with suspicion as she left the dinning hall. The woman always had an agenda, that he had learned quickly, but what it was at this moment he couldn't quite say. His mind touched upon the Force and found their mutual connection. "Off to powder your nose?"

Irulan Shae

I
That Norongachi acceeded to [member="Count Morcus"]' request came as no surprise to Irulan. And why should it? CIS psych-evaluation based on information secured by the Spynet and past encounters had predicted the nobleman would make such a request, and Norongachi had advised her during their initial briefing that he would be inclined to acquiesce. Not in so many words, of course, but the gist was there.

Now, with the offer on the table, Irulan set her knife and fork gently down on her plate, before taking up a napkin to dab delicately at the corners of her mouth, soaking up the stray traces of the shurra fruit she'd been eating whilst the two exchanged their words. "As you can see, my lord," she remarked to Morcus as she refolded her napkin and added it to her plate, "We can be quite reasonable. Perhaps you would care to retire to an antechamber to discuss further terms? After all, there is no need for us to disturb the meals of these good people with discussion of trade quotas and defence force contributions."

Morcus would accept, of course. Playing the good host required that he do so, though both of them would know full well that their words would do little to disturb those few who were still voraciously wofling down their meals. But such was how the game of noble houses was played, and neither of them had the ability to change the rules.

Taa Nul

The Count nodded his head at Irulan politely. ''Indeed! Come, let us speak in my private office. My droids can wait here.'', he said, motioning his Magnaguards to stay and look after the guests while he conducted this vital part of the deal in private. He arose from his chair, beckoning Irulan to follow behind him. They'd walk through an even more extravagant set of corridors further into the palace, past the Count's private vaults and treasure chambers until they reached his office. He sat down at his desk, motioning to the chair infront of him. ''Please, take a seat and we'll hammer out the final details, hmm?''

715_tid_Private-i-office-01.jpg

[member="Irulan Shae"]
[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]
[member="Morna Imura"]

Was there no silver lining? Anesia supposed not, still wandering the castle alone. There was no particular route, or at least it seemed that way. Only reminiscing. Once upon a time, it played the part of refuge. It was so long ago, she thought, reaching to but touch the frame of a door that was ordinary. There was nothing materially different about it. In fact, it looked the same as every other in this section of the station. It merely housed a past she had forgotten from within another body, of another time. Of wild magic. She smiled wistfully and moved past it.

There had been guards milling about, down every corridor she took. The ones with least amount however, was simply passed by. Being ever the inquisitive one, Anesia felt there really was nothing to guard when so few were present. And muck up my already clear complexion, dear? Fear not, I am only having a walk, she answered sweetly, touching on the invisible threads of the Force for only a moment. Having been distracted caused her to nearly miss a corridor while convening with [member="Salem Norongachi"]. He often did that to her.

Security every six meters. Practically triple, she thought and wondered. Now why so many... Her pace slowed and she turned smoothly for being on such a pointed heel down the packed-more-than-normal wing. As before, her emerald eyes only shown with admiration. Anesia even stopped every so often to glance around. The place really was as gorgeous as it had been hundreds of years prior.
"Authorized personnel only, miss."

Ahh, yes. She had been waiting for that. It only piqued her interests further and she turned offering a stunned look, followed by a blooming of scarlet upon her cheeks. "I am sorry," she said as she smiled, "it is all just so... breathtaking."

Security did not seem amused, but he did not exactly make a gesture to remove her either. He only spoke, "Ma'am, I am going to have to ask you to leave."
"Why?" Anesia said suddenly, voice lilting.
"It is off limits to civilians," replied the man, a tinge of annoyance whirling in his voice.
Civilian? Almost scoffing, she tilted her head up to the man, appearing much more innocent and docile. Smaller. "I'm not a civ," was the beginning of her reply, before she was cut off by the feeling of being enclosed.

[member="Salem Norongachi"] | [member="Atretes Rhoujen"] | [member="Marek Starchaser"] |[member="Count Morcus"] | [member="Irulan Shae"]

Irulan Shae

I
Though understated by comparison to the opulent dining suite they had just left, [member="Count Morcus"]' office was still as richly furnished as the finest offices on fair Bothawui. The wooden floor - those segments of it which were visible around the tasseled fringes of a loom-woven rug that appeared Harsweean in nature - gleamed, and the massive, carved wooden desk did likewise. It was behind this latter piece of art that Morcus sat himself, whilst Irulan took the proffered chair on the opposite side of the polished expanse of wood.

"Again I must thank you for your hospitality, my lord," the diplomat demurred softly as sat, "Few hosts would have been so gracious toward such a delegation." An exaggeration, perhaps, but the County didn't need to know that. Certainly, Irulan wasn't intended to offer him a chance to consider her words in overmuch depth, for they had entered her battlefield now; the battlefield of words and wits. Producing a compact datapad from her bag, she let her fingers dance across the controls, adjusting the documents held therein just slightly, before noting, "I've sent you a copy of the standard terms of membership. Tithing and taxation rates, military levies, suchlike. Please, take a moment to review them."

The data she had sent was accurate, of course, although carefully worded to display the Confederacy in the most positive possible light. Were the truth told, the writer appeared to have twisted truth so successfully that it seemed almost less realistic that any lies Irulan might speak. No doubt Morcus knew that too, knew that the galactic relations department had twisted the words of the datapad with spin and propagnda so thoroughly as to make them almost useless to any but the shrewdest of ears
l

[member="Irulan Shae"] and [member="Count Morcus"] departed the hall and Salem found himself at a loss, only Anesia seemed to have found something to occupy her time and even with the drink so graciously provided by [member="Marek Starchaser"] the roots of boredom were beginning to snake through his mind. The food on his plate remained untouched, the alcohol however was down to its last breath and he took a moment to signal a servant to refresh his glass.

Emerald eyes found his student [member="Atretes Rhoujen"]. Norongachi would have trusted no one else within his government to watch their collective backs while away from the home territories. He stood from the table, drink in hand, and approached the young Obsidian Knight.

"Whats the word Mr Rhoujen?" He asked, letting his gaze slip across the gathered.

EmKay

"Jy'Vun is higher rank than all of you. Yes, her ID checks out. You want me to poke her with the Force too, because I'm tired of hearing reports over every little slip you think our own people are making." Atretes growled into his earpiece, his voice remaining low enough to not carry far. Honestly, with the new recruits running around he was surprised they pulled off that parade formation so well. They were mistaking high-ranking Knights for civilians now, and that was simply embarrassing. He glanced over to see his mentor watching him, and he took a deep breath to calm himself. The diplomatic party had left, and so went his opportunity to learn about talking too long about too many things.

When he was approached by Salem, Rhoujen paid him little reaction at first. He was listening to the communication chatter flooding his poor ear while the security argued amongst themselves. With the major political players out of the room, he allowed himself to bark into the chatter.

"Look! You're here to keep people safe, not argue about who won what bet! Get your frellin' asses in gear, or I'll ship you back to Bothawui to repeat basic!" he glared at the floor, streams of apologies flooding through the channels and then... silence. He took a deep sigh, his eyes closing, and his senses perceiving what was around him. He barely registered Salem's talking until he repeated the moment in his mind.

"They're... restless, Commander Norongachi," he said. There was a slight hitched pause as he remembered not to say 'Salem', before he continued, "they're jumping at shadows and looking for reasons to enact their authority. As you can tell, they seem to be in need of reminders of who is in command." Rhoujen shook his head and took the few paces forward to pour himself a small drink -- only half a swallow's worth to calm the nerves. After downing the makeshift shot, he returned to his self-designated post and leaned onto the column. He hoped nobody caused trouble for him, after all he was more concerned about Salem's reputation, and the Confederacy by proxy, than his own. On paper, he was in charge of this but the publicity would pin a mishap on the Lord Commander, not the guy who was barking orders over an open broadcast to keep it together.

Or so he hoped. In either event, he wouldn't let a trigger-happy new recruit make a bad name for his command. There would be swift correction of behaviour, especially if bolts were unnecessarily fired. He frowned at the thought, and hoped both Salem could and could not read minds. On one hand, it would be useful for advice. On the other, he wasn't sure how his teacher would react to his racing thoughts.

An expression held many things and more. What had so slowly drawn upon the woman's features so as not to draw direct attention, was that of wry. It crept like the darkness and nearly stole the man's breath. Anesia could hear Roujen's voice over the com-device in the guard's ear as if it were in her own and before he was ready to explain himself, the grin was utterly parading on her pretty lips. "You were saying?"

Many thanks, [member="Atretes Rhoujen"]. Had he not stepped in, things could have gotten out of hand. I could have hurt someone, longing ebbed in her own thoughts and she sighed aloud.

After taking in a brief observation of the forty-something guards that surrounded her, the woman in the skirt suit motioned with her wrist and dashed her fingers in the air, ordering them to move on without ushering a word. It was hesitant and slow, but eventually they moved into place. Save the one directly in front of her of course. No...no...no. She would play first and use him as an example. All the guardsmen watched in complete horror when the mistress looped her arm in the crook of his and drew him close. All became eerily quiet when she began whispering in his ear.

"Well then, Garron," she laughed her throaty laugh, "you don't say..." Arm-in-arm the two strode down the corridor, laughing and carrying on albeit with devious talk.

Pheromones- finicky things-filled the hallway and the only hint of it was that dark, sweet smelling musk of hers. The comfort level had just dropped to where she had wanted it and the thought was absolutely riveting.

Where they were off to? Anesia was not sure herself just yet, but it was something worth guarding. Somewhere where she probably should not have been allowed to venture. Rank or no. This was not theirs... yet.

[member="Salem Norongachi"] | [member="Atretes Rhoujen"] | [member="Marek Starchaser"] |[member="Count Morcus"] | [member="Irulan Shae"]

Taa Nul

The Count carefully read through the contents of the data he had been sent, nodding gently. ''Everything in your list of terms seems within reason, yes!'', the Count said with a smile and a nod, before pouring them both a glass of Vintage Serenno Wine. ''I'm looking forward to working fully with the Confederacy, it will be a very prosperous relationship indeed, I hope!''

As Anesia ventured further into the palace, she'd likely find herself at a rayshielded checkpoint guarded by a trio of menacing B2-super battle droids, with one OOM-series security unit behind the shield operating the security panel. One of the droids stepped forward. ''Halt! This is a restricted area. None but the Count may pass.'', it said in a monotonous tone. This was the entrance to his private collection, a place the Count frequented when he wanted to be alone, and he'd keep it that way by all means.

[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]
[member="Irulan Shae"]
[member="Morna Imura"]

Siara Kai

Information Broker
Cool hazel eyes would lock with those of [member="Marek Starchaser"], striding on over to the head of the Techno Union with a determined walk.

Few ever spoke or had heard about the tall lithe brunette, and that was exactly how Siara Kai wanted it. She was a shadow, a ghost. Originally, at the conception of the Confederacy, she’d been the Grand Marshal’s personal infochat, answerable to no one other than him. The months have seen the change from the head of state position the Grand Marshal once had, to that of merely overseeing the Army. Now there was a ‘Lord Commander’.

How quaint.

If there was anything to be said about Siara, and the few who knew her, is that she was effective and efficient. Cold, calculating, and brutal. She would do whatever it took to get her mission done and gather any information required of her to complete it.

The damnation of Circe Savan was proof enough as it were in that aspect. The plans located on Geonosis, labs on Kamino, spice rings by the former Hutt Cartel territory. The woman knew the ins and outs of the Mara Corridor like the back of her hand, and with her vast collection of aliases and networks outside of Confederate territory, she had a heads up in determining just what was going on with established businesses, government movements, and backdoor dealings.

It was what she was paid to do afterall.

She could come to a halt beside Starchaser, her stoic gaze skimming around to take note of the partakers of this particular tete a tete.

“Smile, Mister Starchaser…eyes are always watching.” she’d state with low hush, taking a fluke of champagne from a passing waiter.

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
Marek was just going to do his best to avoid the whatever was going on with the majority of the Confederate representatives. Salem did have the right idea, with the drinking. Making his way over to the Lord Commander and watching [member="Irulan Shae"] disappear into the office. Right, they had diplomacy to do, while Marek was just here to make sure that things went smooth if any Techno Union interests were brought into the equation. It would help if he could at least hear the deliberations in the back room.

No worries, really, he’d learn what he needed when it was his turn, after all. The real trick was hoping that @Anesia Jy’Vun didn’t just burn the whole station. The droids were getting in the way, and she was trying to do… whatever it was? Easy, Anesia, don’t break any assembly plants. Because that was where Marek’s interests lie.

As he was wandering, the Infochant known as [member="Siara Kai"] had approached him. She was…. Something, wasn’t she? Good at her job, that was for sure, and an asset to Techno Union now. When she spoke up, he nodded, and an uneasy grin crept across his features. “More than yours?” Really, being around the Confederacy as the Foreman was something tricky, but he was a supporter of the state, even if he had to worry about business. “What’s the good word about the Station and our friend the Count?” Had she had time to do her research since the primary meeting with the Techno Union and the Count?

Irulan Shae

I
Offering [member="Count Morcus"] a warm, sincere smile, Irulan gently curled her fingers around the proferred glass. The wine within was a deep, silken red, similar in shade to blood freshly drawn from a vein, though that was a comparison which Irulan quickly banished from her thoughts as she raised it to her lips and took a single sip. That was enough to prevent her appearing rude in the eyes of her host, whilst not impacting upon her clarity of thought. "A wonderful vintage," she remarked, using the words as an excuse to set the glass back down upon the desk, "From your own vineyards?" Truthfully, she didn't know if the Count even owned a vineyard, but that hardly mattered; the compliment was equal for vintner or possessor.

Whilst waiting for the Count to respond, Irulan unclipped her bag and drew out a small device. Trapezoid in nature, it was barely the size of her palm, and its black surface was devoid of any markings beyond a single somewhat finger shaped indentation and a small indication light. Setting in on the desk before Morcus, the diplomat retrieved the datapad she had passed across to the man but a short while earlier and, with a tap of one perfectly manicured finger, set it to communicate with the device. "This is a genetic sampler," she explained for the Count's benefit, "It retrieves the agreement details from the datapad and appends a thumbprint and DNA sample to confirm both parties' verification of their agreement to the terms." The sampler's indicator lamp flashed once, indicating that it had successfully accessed the data, and Irulan set the datapad down beside it.

"Would you like me to go first? It may lack the elegance of a simple pen and signature, but I assure you that it is perfectly safe."

The droll stare could have not came at a better moment. "Are you sure?" she quizzed the droid, clearly annoyed in just tone. While she awaited an answer-seconds maybe- Anesia gave a quintessential nod to the arm candy and pulled off a rather endearing pout. Her long obsidian lashes came down in flutters, fully exercising the farce. Garron gave that all-assured smile that most men reserved for a lover and untangled his arm from hers. The enchanting woman mirrored it, reflecting that she believed he could do anything. What was a little ego boost? He was determined to do his best, but for the life of him, did not quite understand why; the guard only felt very strongly that it was his sole purpose to give her what she wanted. To not fail.

He had looked to her then and the desire that spilled from his eyes only furthered her timely resolution. The droid repeated what it first commanded thrice now. Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Would I ever? Anesia answered [member="Marek Starchaser"]. Long waves of luxurious dark hair suddenly became of interest... or a way to occupy her hands. It could very well get interesting. Inwardly the woman smiled, careful not to crack the ruse. The Confederacy had dealings here as well, prior to arrival by quite a lot, and she was naturally curious about what this Count had to hide. This was not his personal quarters and she would most certainly bet a life on it.

Garron made his move to disarm the droid and a... reluctant hand drew his attention back by merely touching his forearm, "Not yet."

Atretes, has the deal been a success? On the invisible ebb and flow of the Force she called out to The Security. Perhaps the answer could dissuade her.

Siara Kai

Information Broker

There came the faint smile that would not reach Siara's eyes, as her attention would continue to drift. None the less, she was quick and to the point.

"There are several sentients stating ownership of Void Station," she'd begin, her voice low. "Originally, the Galactic Trade Guild had minor interests here with Circe Savan and Subach, nothing concrete. It wasn't until Jorus Merrill came along during the construction of the Mara Corridor that the inhabitants of Void Station found someone to offer protection-- that of Silk Holdings and Jorus Merrill." Jorus Merrill would be a name Marek would very well be familiar with; he was the co founder along with Alna Merrill of Silk Holdings, the largest shipping corporation in the galaxy. Silk Holdings owns every gas station, waypoint, and service provider along the Mara Corridor, a super-hyperlane created by its founders, Jorus and Alna Merrill. Numerous political and financial deals with all sides have kept the Corridor safe from nearly all interference, while maximizing target markets for Silk products.

Getting on his bad side would be a serious offense, and needless to say, he never had any good dealings with the Confederacy to begin with. Danger Arceneau from Arceneau Trade Company had for the better part of the year served as a go between in selling Silk Products within Confederate Territory, and only more recently has Silk personally begun to sell its goods without the middleman.

Needless to say, stirring the ire of the man who could jump into hyperspace with only his brain was the start of a bad train of thought.

"He personally saved Void Station three times and owns the majority of Void Station in itself," she told Marek, adding, " Strask also used this as a base for the information network for the Confederacy... and more recently, Hoersch-Kessel Driveworks has made a portion of Void Station their Headquarters... a low tiered shipping company owned by Count Morcus. He is an exiled Count of Serreno, and word has it... he is not popular with his noble brethren. Countess of Bathory has stated plainly that he is to never step foot upon Sereno again."

Taa Nul

The Count nodded his head, letting her do her thumb-print first before doing his own. ''Then our deal is sealed! May this be the beginning of a new era of prosperity for Hoersch-Kessel Driveworks and the Confederacy!'', he said with a warm smile. ''Shall we head back to the dining room to make the announcement, mi'lady?''

[member="Irulan Shae"]
[member="Anesia Jy'Vun"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom