Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Space | Galactic Alliance Hex Dominion of Polis Massa

[member="Trextan Voidstalker"]
|22|

That thick mass of hair swung as she was caught, knees buckling as choli's feet did their best to find purchase. It didn't help matters that much like a drowning man clinging to another to save themselves, so did the Rogue do the same. Her hands went latching against anything she could find. Her slender, but athletic body seemed to bounced against Trextan, the wince and hiss of pain coming off from him prompting Choli to try and untangle herself.

“Damnit!” The curse went ripping from her mouth, right hand ending up curling and grabbing her bedsheet. The pull dragged it down, sending her pillow and the fabric fluttering down. Monitors beeped and they swung for a bit as Choli pulled over to brace against the bed.

i can damn well fly!” she hissed out, frustration coloring her face red along with confusion, guilt, and a sense of growing desperation. What had occurred during the entire month?!! Why couldn't I remember it.

They were making more noise, thing clattering. If they became a bit louder, the nurse would pick up on it.

“Gorram it!” Hot tears stung her eyes, a familiar stubborn expression a mirror of what Trextan had worn before.

Objective: Massive Business Bazaar
Allies: GA and friends
Enemies: Unknown

"Drydock components spent to get Zonju and Skor up and running are capital expenditures: we spent over half a billion credits to get these two locations to operational status"

"What is it that differentiates capital expenditures from non-capital expenditures?" Julie asked, while still waiting for the shipment of parts to arrive.

"Capital expenditures are expenditures incurred in non-recurrent ways that result in the acquisition of permanent assets"

While Julie has pushed for someone else to run the naval yard on Zonju 5 for the Outback Navy, Jessica still had to admit that, despite the intellectual abilities of that Jedi being better than what they were during the Omega War, her knowledge base was still limited to mostly navigational matters, with a little naval strategy for good measure, as appropriate for a naval commander that is still more comfortable commanding from the piloting station of the flagship (and hence pushed for a backup piloting station in the CIC in every capital ship design that actually features a CIC since there was a Mateus in the first place; such a thing would essentially tack on a secondary bridge to a CIC). So, given the context, before the parts arrive, Jessica saw fit to teach Julie a thing or two about finance as applied to shipbuilding. For Ringovinda StarYards, these past two years were record years for capital expenditures: nearly 10 billion in capital expenditures were made, but the majority of it were due to some pirate attack launched in the wake of Christophsis.

Hugh Seyley

H
The Dead Space Graveyard
[ 22 ]​
"Where do you think shall we get the hyperdrive?" Hugh asked, looking around at the ruins of ships all around. Most of them didn't even resemble vessels anymore, others even looked like they had nothing inside the metal surfaces.

"The one to the right, about a hundred metres away. It has a hyperdrive. Unfortunately I can't tell if it works any longer, but it does look like a hyperdrive, so it's worth a try."

"Alright. And you're gonna find a shield generator, right?"

"Yes, sir," the droid said. Things were simple with him. Since he was, after all, a droid, he had to listen to the orders of his owner, despite the limited free will which had been coded in him.

"Oh, and a gravitic modulator. Can you find one?" Hugh asked as he walked over towards the fighter a hundred metres away from the starting point. He didn't even know what a modulator looked like, but he knew it was not in the engine.

"It's a bit more difficult, but I am sure I can find one."

"Good."

[member="Choli Vyn"]

Trextan really didn't know how to deal with this. He didn't know how to deal with it at all. He spent so much time worrying about himself that he didn't have much practise consoling others. He was a teenager after all and one particularly wound up in his own problems.

Working on solving the immediate issue he took a step forwards and hoisted her back so she could perch her rear back on the bed. His right hand gripped her left shoulder and his left her right as he stepped in front of her.

"Quiet!" He hissed. "I believe you. I do."

He wasn't certain if he did, but with those tears streaming down her face and the desperation in her tone he wasn't about to say so. He let go of her and reached out to push the power button on her monitor. It fell silent. "Ill get you to a ship. Do you...Erm...Have any clothes?"

Ellya

E
Polis Massa Medical Complex and Archives
[ 23 ]​
Ugh, one more tedious task. At least they didn't have to walk to the other side of the complex this time. Such manual work seemed pointless to the girl, but she had to admit these things had to be done during such works.

So she and her companions took the route towards section O of the complex. Like said, it was right around the corner, but that was still several long corridors away. The place was huge and full of different rooms and corridors and entrances and objects, so it was still a long journey to the section.

But soon she was there.

"You've brought the vials?!" one really enthusiastic woman shouted. "Oh thank goodness of you."

"You're welcome," Ellya muttered. The woman seemed to turn around right after having grabbed the vials from the girl. She didn't know what to do now. Should she ask what to do next? Or should she wait?

"Here. Come here. I'm gonna show you what to do with the vials."

Oh, alright, the girl thought. Not that she was blind or anything, but... whatever.

"Uh, sorry. You're blind?" the woman said. Huh, she'd seen her eyes as well. How was it possible that none of them were able to notice her eyes before they started to talk to her?

Kark, what the feth was wrong with these people.

|23|

There was another string of curses; was that Huttese? Could very well be. The teenager gave the appearance of aggrevation but it was directed internally. Her hands came up, fingers running through the thick raven mane and away from her almond shaped eyes. If one peered close enough, they'd be able to tell that they were almost color shifting. At once appearing hazel, green, blue, then gold.

Her hands went flailing down, curling thickly on the cot bedsheets. Lips turned into a straight line, jaw flexing. Her gaze swept over her clothing, taking stock of the medical robes and of course the upward draft. While she wasn't modest after being a rogue for so long, the combination of losing her memory, being questioned on her flying abilities, Janes’ letter, and her growing frustration was a sour cocktail to swallow.

“No, I woke up in this.

Those slanted eyes went darting up and over the cyborg. Who was he? And just…

A flick of her eyes cause sight of what could only be the medical robe that had been left aside for Trextan. Choli boldly, and maybe foolishly, made the attempt to make a grab for it.

Ellya

E
[ 24 ]​
"Oh my, don't come here, then. I'll find something else for you to do," the woman said. Now there was hope that this person would give her a better work to do than to move something from one place to another, which was something that could have just as easily been done by a droid or a machine.

The woman was looking at her. She could feel it. It was this nearly stinging feeling that made a person want to run. But she couldn't. She couldn't run because that would have been odd.

"Yeah, uh, you can open these crates there in the corner. They have some important details we need for the vials. And when you're done with them, you can just tell me. Alright?"

"Yes, that sounds good," the girl muttered. For once, she didn't have to walk around in the darkness. For once, she could do something mor than slave work. But maybe she just had to earn her trust in the Alliance. After all, she was not a member. Nor was she ever going to become a member. She just wanted to wander and do good things.

The Alliance was too fond of the idea of Light and Dark. Ellya hated that idea.

She would never get along with the Alliance people too well.

[member="Red Cloud"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] [member="Dax Fyre"]

VELOKS MAW

Neesa kept hunched over as she followed behind the cultists and turned into a side cavern. There she waited. The Force told her to stay still so she did. A group came rushing past in the opposite direction.

Someone had disturbed the cultists. If they were rushing to the gate then they weren't defending any artefacts down here. She stepped back out into the main corridor and came face to face with a cultist.

He opened his mouth to shout a fraction of a second before she jammed the blade into the base of his jaw. His eyes rolled back as he died. Neesa steppedin close and took his weight on her shoulders, using the blade lodged in his skull as an anchor to drag him out of sight.

[ 25 ]​
"The Crown of Verity? Yeah, that is... very likely," Maria had to note. She'd learnt a bit about the crown. It was supposed to help peopled distinguish lies. It had a side-effect, though. The one who wore the crown would become the paragon of truth because of the disability to tell lies.

Well, such an artefact might have proven useful in a demanding situation. For politics, it may have been essential. However, she was not a politician. She would not have any use of that.

Caita Xan was a politician. Maybe she could gift it to her? Y'know, as a gift when she would join the Alliance and the New Jedi Order. That would be a good gift, right?

"How much is it?" the woman asked. The vendor seemed a little bit hesitant now. Maybe he hadn't wanted to sell this thing to a Force User. Most Force Users had their own agendas with stuff like this while those who couldn't use the Force would just buy the beautiful thing and feel awesome.

Of course, the merchant must have also known about the Jedi Mind Trick, which she could have used on the man were he not willing to sell this artefact to the Jedi Knight.

[member="Choli Vyn"]

Trextan had no idea what she had said but it certainly sounded colourful. He was wracking his brain to try and think of something to say to calm her down - and failing abysmally - when she lurched for the robe.

With one hand he reached to steady her, with the other he took the robe off the hook and brought it within her reach; with the entirety of his mind he tried to ignore the amount of thigh revealed by the hospital gown.

"Look, I can't get out of her without you..." Seeing her expression he quickly shifted the wording that followed. "...It would probably be easier if you had me to help you walk out of here.

"I can get a wheelchair or try and support you on your feet if you want to try again. We'll find you... something..." He gulped. "...To wear and get to the hangar. How does that sound?"

With his head out of his own problems it seemed he'd forgotten to struggle to use his new arm.

Ellya

E
[ 26 ]​
Ellya slowly stumbed to the crates, her feet refusing to cooperate. She was having a hard time moving around in a room with so many people and so many things all over the floor. Her Force Sense skills were not good enough to distinguish every single detail, so her feet had to do a lot of guessing. And that was horrible.

Seeyeh, a good droid that she was, noticed the girl's struggles and started cleaning the path in front of her so that she wouldn't stumble and trip on the floor. There were too many dangerous things around.

"Thanks, Seeyeh," the blind one said. She took a seat on the ground near the crates and started opening them one by one. She thought it would be the easies if she just opened all of them and then got to taking the things out. Y'know, to do the hardest things all in the beginning. Being blind and having to lift boxes and stuff was not the easiest thing there was.

"Ciarre, would you please come and help me?"

The praefecti were magnificent beings. They could form unique and powerful relationships with their owners, resulting in a mutual understanding of each other.

That was truly the most amazing thing about those creatures.

Objective: Massive Business Bazaar
Allies: GA and friends
Enemies: Unknown

"What do you mean, we spent 10 billion on capital expenditures in the past two years? Do you mean the construction of drydocks or component factories?" Julie asked, surprised.

"There are eight common types of capital expenditures: acquisition of fixed assets, repairs or upgrades on existing assets, preparation of assets, restoration or adaptation of assets and finally, start-up costs or acquisition of other businesses. Usually these are amortized or deprecated over the lifespan of the assets from an accounting standpoint"

"I often hear about operating expenses, too: I feel woefully underprepared to enter the arena of naval financial gymnastics"

"For civilian businesses, operating expenses are about whether the item is expected to last longer than one standard fiscal year or not. You might not be familiar with the IFRS, but usually it's clear whether a given expenditure is capital or operating"

The Intergalactic Financial Reporting Standards. The bane of any business owner that wasn't a comptroller or accountant. Accounting just isn't the forte of either woman, even though Jessica had an idea of what the IFRS were, based on her business education. While their conversation about expenditures and their meaning in terms of accounting goes on, the ship carrying the parts that will become the Skor location has arrived over Skor's orbit. Now that the freighter carrying those parts has arrived over Skor, the same processes as used on Zonju were at work here: the 36 tugs began deploying the prefabricated parts of the adjustable drydocks, while they were brought out of the ship via the ventral hangar door. The construction thus began in earnest, with the ship for internal use disgorging its parts for the construction of yet another orbital shipyard in geosynchronous orbit.

[ 27 ]​
I'm out :(
"I could give it for free if you bought something else from me. Otherwise, not gonna give it to you," the vendor said, his voice rather resolute. Maria didn't even try to use the Mind Trick on him -- he sounded like his mind was too strong to be manipulated by her.

However, she did think it would be nice to buy something else from him. She had some spare money left, so she didn't mind using it for the good cause. After all, if she bought some more stuff, she could keep something for her as well.

"What else would you recommend?"

"This vase over here. It has a nice motive and it's old as well, from the days of the Old Republic. Yeah, the very old Republic. I could give it to you for ten thousand credits."

Ten thousand credits was a lot, the woman had to note. She had lots, but she didn't have so much that she could just throw tens of thousands away at once. That was a little bit too much of a drag.

"Seven thousand."

"Eight."

Ugh, that was going to be a difficult one.

(5)

They called it Velok's Maw. It was not a dark side nexus, though the visitor could be forgiven if he or she mistook it for one. This was the epicentre of the Phobis Device disturbance, and now a twisted memorial for the Whiphid Dark Lord.

It was said that the dark energies that permeated the cave system could cause your inner fears to manifest. Those who went upon this pilgrimage emerged changed, assuming they could face what they confronted.

Kaida Taldir had not been there when the great battle took place. At the time, she'd been a common grunt in Omega Pyre, still adjusting to life in the paramilitary organisation after fleeing Kaeshana as an exile. Kaeshana was now under foreign occupation.

"Kaeshana is lost."

No, it was not lost. Not forever. There would be retribution.

"You have failed. Just like you failed your sister."

Her jaw tightened. She was clad from head to toe in phrik armour. It felt like a shell. The insidious power that dominated the caves tried to reach out and claim her mind. She recoiled from the blood-covered, ethereal shape of Lavina. It was her voice that spoke these words of damnation.

"You abandoned your people and now they pay the price."

It felt like burning shards were being driven into her skull. She winced in pain as her vision blurred. What the cave showed her were the Eldorai being reduced to a hollow shell of their former self. Alone, forgotten, and oppressed. A slave race.

"This is the price for your arrogance."

She forced herself to face the darkness. Fury washed over her like a rainfall. She could feel the darkness in the air. Cold, heavy and terrible. It grew stronger with every step she took. The soldier breathed in heavily, panting. She'd brought Phylis Alince's ring of mental resilience with her, but it seemed the artefact was failing her.

"Behold, the future of your weak race. You always looked to others to save you. The Protectorate, Firemane, the Galactic Alliance." Dark Cultists assailed her, but in her mind the images blurred, with some appearing as twisted, horribly mutated elves, others as Stormtroopers and Sith. Her lightsabre snapped to life, producing a burning yellow beam.

"No." Her voice was an icy, furious hiss. The cave became a lot colder. The moisture in the air swelled, solidified and froze. Layers of frost spread across the ground and walls, and the temperature dropped.

It was the kind of cold that sapped strength, numbed the mind and slowed muscles. A storm of ice crystals erupted as the dark acolytes were bombarded with icicles that moved as fast as a railgun shot. Tiny superaccelerates shards would be driven through veins and organs. Those who came close would taste her lightsabre. She suffered blows, sustained bruises and cuts, and returned each in kind with the ruthlessness of an icestorm.

Post one
[member="Dax Fyre"]
[Late to the party I am joining with dax )

She was late,...very very very late...she had slept in and she had woke up to find dax gone, so she had gotten up quickly properly dressed and followed his force signature, she had gotten the right gear equipped

She approached slowly as she got behind him and spoke quietly

sorry I'm late forgot we were...exploring today

|24|

The flickered gaze barely went floating over the teenager as Choli found a bit of balance by resting her hip against one of the scanners. Thankfully, it wasn't on rollers so she didn't go stumbling back. With rushed, jerky motions, the Rogue took the robe and slipped it on, the cold draft no longer slipping in over her back and her butt. At least her bare ass wasn't in view anymore.

“I don't need a wheelchair,” she snapped back, but there was no venom in her voice, only frustration. Her legs still felt a bit weak but she could feel her toes.

Gorram, it focus Cho! She is a lieutenant commander for Force sakes! You were trained for this sort of shit. Janes words from his letter came to mind again, and trembling fingers tied the straps of her belt in front of her.

“Fine.” Hazel green eyes flickered to steel.” You can come with me but don't argue with what I say.” Odds were from looking at him she had more experience with trying sneak out of a facility.

Kinda.

“I need pants.” A flex of her lips and an upward dart of those almond shaped eyes upon Voidstalker’s own.

“And a ship.”

[member="Choli Vyn"]

He was in no place to argue. He asked a few questions of himself and provided no answers in return: was her condition so serious he was putting her at great risk? Was she potentially dangerous? Would she actually be able to fly? When she had pants would this feel less awkward? Those answers could come soon.

"I've got some!" He realised suddenly. "And I agree not to argue for now."

He returned to his bay. There was a bag under the bed as they'd brought him in with it. They'd stripped the blaster packs but left him his lightsaber, rations and spare clothes. He pulled on a vest and fished out the spare pants. Military issue, lots of pockets. At least there was a belt threaded through them.

"These will be big."

He tossed them onto Choli's bed and pulled the curtain himself rather than letting her stubbornly try and it and fail. What was the point in being quite so stubborn he thought to himself hypocritically.

An alarm went off, but he sighed in relief when it went off in the next unit. Two nurses rushed past the entrance to theirs. Then another strode right in with a cart of drugs.

"Mr Voidstalker, you should be changing into your gown, not more clothes."

"You should check out that alarm with the others." He felt a twinge of guilt at using the Force in that way, but the human turned and walked away. "We've got a window!" He hissed through the curtain at Choli.

(6)

Death beckoned and she embraced it like an old friend. It was her trusted companion as she scythed cultists, sending them to the netherworld. "Always the obedient soldier. Always second best, overshadowed by Kerrigan. Your degenerate people have turned on each other time after time. You'd sell each out for thirty pieces of silver."

She grabbed a cultist by the neck and slammed her into the wall with some force. She sensed danger from behind, but was distracted, not the least due to the psychic attack. Pressure clamped down upon her neck, squeezing it tightly. It took effort to push back so that she'd have room to breathe and would avoid getting her windpipe crushed.

"You live a lie. You don't even believe in the Goddess anymore. She's as false and artificial as your race. You never supposed to exist. You were born a slave and will end as one." The darkness grew stronger, a sense of terror and dread filled the air.

Her mind reeled as the shards dug in deeply. A blast of lightning struck her and she was forced to her knees. A blast of cold air swept towards the cultist trying to choke her and thrust him to the ground.

Getting up, even as electricity washed over her, she whirled around, and broke into a sprint. Through her power, she dosed the cultist with moisture so that he would be at least as hurt by his own lightning as she was. Then she thrust the tip of her burning yellow blade into his chest.

"You're right. Our entire existence is unnatural. Our history is stained with blood...as it that of every race. Our goddess is fiction," she spat. "But the Eldorai are my people. We were complacent. I was complacent. We shall rise again."

She moved quietly, pausing every few strides and melding her form into the shadows. The trick was her cloak. It appeared an old and haphazard thing, but the various shades of grey and brown broke up her form and blended her into the rocks.

Placing just two fingers on the hilt of a sword almost changed her approach. She had named one of the swords Thirst and it seemed to have stuck. With each kill it seemed to develop a need of its own that was only sated in combat.

Later, she soothed it. The deep chambers were almost empty. Someone else was at the perimeter and the remaining cultists had moved to block their ingress. Her timing was fortunate. If she could find something worth stealing she could use the chaos to escape.

The Dead Space Graveyard
|25|

“Okay,” Chloe went from one side of the panel to the next. “Now let's find out if the parts are still good.” Salvaging was more luck than actual skill. At least for the first part of the actual find. What came next rested in the skill of the salvager themselves. That is being able to successfully salvage it.

Second hand parts were tricky. One didn't know if they'd be able to get the entire part or if it only came in bits. Or even then if it was still functional. Some took a bit of jiry rigging; already the Aurora had to have an upgrade in her reactor. Perhaps she'll be able to find one that would allow for better output.

I can't stop this feeling… deep inside of me … girl you just don't realize… what you do to me.

The soft strains of one of Chloe’s favorite songs began to play. Her foot gave a tap to the beat. With the scan done, she knew what came next.

“Time to suit up, Betty.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom