Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dead Space | Galactic Alliance Hex Dominion of Polis Massa

Pathfinder of the Gate Clans
Objective: Tulak Hord-class Star Destroyer
Allies: GA and friends
Enemies: Unknown

"Captain [member="Leo Vandermolen"], greetings brotha. It is always good to have another strong hand in on the hunt. We have found the prize but bring it home seems to now be da issue. Our fellow captains now search the field for force shield generators, tractor beams, and just about anything else that can help secure this breach."

Loto sent Leo back images and scans of the damage in questions. The Durasteel armor in the area was blasted out and large meter think armor judded out like the leaves of a metal flower. All indications were a magazine or a minor generator had exploded playing havoc on the ships internal super structure and decompressing the area. There was also something else strange at the rift, a medium sized salvage craft sat locked to the hull but powered down. No life signs of any type.

"Brotha Vandermolen, looks like we were not the first to get here. I'm sending you scans of another salvage ship that sits quitely locked to the star destroyer. I have been trying to hail them but no answer. Will you join me to check it out?"

Hugh Seyley

H
The Dead Space Graveyard
[ 15 ]​
Hugh could hear the droid sigh. "Alright, whatever. Take a look at what it has and what it doesn't and let me know, sir."

The man nodded and jumped off the star destroyer he'd been climbing on. Despite it being only about a quarter of the star destroyer, it was still huge, so the jump was rather high.

He survived, though, and with no injuries.

And then he started running towards the smaller vessel. It was only a starfighter, so he knew a lot more about what it must have had and how it worked. Star destroyers needed real engineers, but starfighters were small simple things. Every kid knew how to fix these.

"Oh wow," the man said as he approached the fighter. It was stunning. A little bit rusty, but still amazing. "Gotta take a look inside," he muttered as he walked towards the engine.

He couldn't imagine what there might be inside. Maybe it was completely empty, maybe it had all the parts inside. Who knows.

The Dead Space Graveyard
|20|

[Beep, beep boop!]

Betty tutted to the blonde, prompting a half smile. “Yeah, I guess we can think of it like that.” As if they were honoring the memory of the dead by reusing what had been left behind for something new.

The GT-F0 droid added another stream of binary. Chloe gave an arch of her brow.

“This one? What's useful about it?” Well, Chloe only had limited accessibility to omega pyre tech. Only items that had been stripped or decommissioned were known. However, Chloe knew something that it would have.

“High grade encryption hardware. That might come useful for the Aurora.” Refurbished and she could utilize it to have a version of militarized encryption capacity.

[member="Choli Vyn"]

"Okay, you can fly, okay," he said each word in quick succession. Trextan turned a shoulder so he couldn't see the airy gown shifting.

She wouldn't see his eyes darting around them as he tried to decide what to do. It wasn't as if he always made the best decisions. They would be arriving at the maw now, looking for the danger. There was an expression that haunted his thoughts. It had been frozen on the face of the woman who had died to save him on Kaeshana. It had been on Jacen's when he had thought himself about to die, right before Trextan stood in the way and lost his arm.

"I'll help," he whispered harshly. "But I need dropping off on the way. An asteroid in the system."

Hugh Seyley

H
The Dead Space Graveyard
[ 16 ]​
The inside was not the best, but it was still looking promising. Hugh couldn't find the hyperdrive, nor were there any gravity modulators or shields. He could find these things from other ships, he was sure.

Or maybe it would have been easier to just take what the ship had and install them on his own vessel. Or if he were to ever come across a similar fighter, he could just take the parts and change them.

But the thought of having a Blackbird was surely more grandiose. It was a beautiful vessel, that's why. He didn't know the technical details of the fighter, so he couldn't compare that to any other. All he knew was that it was just pretty.

Prettiness didn't always equate with good speed and maneuverability, though.

"Sir, I've dealt with the woman. I am coming back now."

VELOKS MAW

The Force moved quickly now. It always flowed, but into who was sensitive could feel the changes in the current. It danced and twisted now. Light and Dark sent it into a maelstrom. Neesa kept to the shadows as a pair of cultists rushed past.

This hasn't been part of the plan, but perhaps it could work in her favour. She had learned that the Sith were constantly building on the ruins of the old. Athiss and Korriban were examples, but sometimes the foundations were more recent. Two sith empires had struck out within the last two decades and many of their artefacts were left abandoned.

Often guarded, sometimes difficult to access. More likely to still be in tact than the ancient things they sought from the remains of the original sith empire.

Dunames Lopez

Megalomaniac CEO of Star Tours
Objective: Massive Business Bazaar

"Now, the question of how many landing slots we need" Merrily asked.

"We need about 10 landing slots a day, extensible to 20 if terms are amenable"

And then the true purpose was clear: opening a trade route to Skor II, passing through the Metrobig Interplanetary Blastport. But first, landing rights outside of incidental flights must be secured so that the shipping route can become fully operational. After the AT-AT barge landed at gate #62, Dunames was quick to initiate the unloading procedures so that she could actually meet with the Squib officials responsible for securing the landing rights on Skor II after the fact. Once she deboarded the barge, the Polydroxol was completely unfamiliar with the spaceside layout of the Metrobig Interplanetary Blastport, so it made sense then to just ask the security guards present on duty inside the spaceport. The place was full of Squib and she had to make herself comfortable among them, or else there may be no way for Star Tours to even get those landing slots without whom there would be no shipping route.

"Can anyone tell me where is the office responsible for landing slots? We are representatives from a shipping company and we would like to open a shipping route from and to Skor II"

"Landing slot office? Third floor, control tower"

[member="Trextan Voidstalker"]
|21|

Pop! Pop! Pop!

The vital sensors and biometric scanners came off her olive skin with the distinct pop of suction cups. They left little red rings on her skin, an imprint of circles that joined the constellations of bruises there. The dark slash of her brows drew tight, red rimmed eyes managing to catch their bearings as emotion fed her focus. That and steely determination.

He wanted to come with me? Wait, the frown intensified into a half glower, "You don't seem to be in a state to leave this place." Maybe a blow to his ego, but it was just observation on his injuries. Bare legs swung over the edge of the bed and she made to stand.

Only to promptly stumble as her legs, unused to walking for a month, promptly made her knees buckle and she felt herself collapse.

Ellya

E
Polis Massa Medical Complex and Archives
[ 17 ]​
A blind girl was nothing too weird in a medical complex. There were always people who had lost their eyesight and needed some medical attention. But that wasn't the case this time, because Ellya was not a patient. She was there to help the Galactic Alliance advance on the Polis Massa Medical Complex and Archives.

The place had once been a huge medical center of the galaxy -- the place where the cure for Dark Harvest had been found, thanks to the Black Sun Syndicate.

Now it was just a place like no other. The only remembrance of the Dark Harvest's cure was Domino's Bronzium statue there. Nothing else. People lived their normal lives, treated patients and saved lives.

But they needed to expand. Their defenses were outdated and they could have progressed in many different fields. And that is why Ellya was there this time. She had to help. She felt the burning desire to put her effort in there.

So that people who were more fortunate than her would one day be able to see or hear or walk or talk. For all the people, she was there. And that's what making sacrifices was like.

Just as [member="Choli Vyn"] had suction cups pulled from her skin Soliael sighed wistfully a galaxy and a half away

Sometimes he wondered why it took his wife so long to take a single step and move into a bar. It was probably because she was getting older, an idea that he had mostly ignored for the last few decades. The thought wasn't one he actually liked to consider all that often, after all who wanted their wife to get older? No one, that was the answer to that. For Soliael however the idea stung particularly, mostly because they both knew he would far outlive Kira probably even the kids.

The former Sith Lord watched as his wife seemingly moved in slow motion, his arms crossing as his fingers drummed against his biceps.

Briefly he thought about what they would have for dinner that night, probably something that the Inn made, though from what he knew Dug diets could be...interesting. A frown briefly flashed on his face as he continued to watch Kira move in slow motion. Perhaps eventually she would actually cross the threshold of the inn and join him inside, but for now it seemed that some sort of time-dialiton effect was going on here. The Former False God peered at the ground intently, spotting a nick in the wood.

I could fix that. Soliael thought to himself before once again looking up at Kira, still moving slowly of course.

He yawned, then continued to wait, patiently.

(4)

Dead Space Graveyard

Things had calmed down. There were no more visions and no more voices in her head, but the strong pull remained. The Firemane corvette's probes were busy scanning the feth out of the massive graveyard.

It was packed with warships from the Protectorate, Republic, Sith Empire and many other galactic powers. None of these were on the galactic map anymore. Sic transit gloria imperii. Nothing lasted in this Galaxy. Sooner or later, even the most glittering reign came to an end. Every empire was swept away like a sand castle before the tidal wave of change.

"Here, drink that," Freya spoke in her usual gruff, but strangely affectionate tone, putting a glass of water in Elpsis' hand while the redhead composed herself, staring out into space.

"You got that look on your face. We're not about to be eaten by giant space monsters for real, right?" The Firemane Sergeant preferred problems she could solve by shooting or punching them. Weird visions did not fall into that category. "Hey, earth to Cinder, you with me?" To get Elpsis' attention, she nudged her ribs with her strong elbow.

Elpsis was lucky she managed to keep the glass in her hand and glared at Freya. "Hey!" she protested. "No beating on the blind girl."

"You're not half as blind as you say. So what's wrong?"

"There's...something I gotta do. When I woke up from the dream, I felt a pull through the Force and heard voices. They're coming from that ship," she pointed towards a distant warship some probes were scanning.

"Cinder, you're not making any sense. Slow down on the mystical hokuspokus." Freya could feel her irritation rising.

"I believe the spirits are trapped there. They can't move on. It's driving them nuts. They're trying to reach out to me." This probably did not make Elpsis sound any less mad.

"Cinder, you're not going there."

"I have to."

"Because your imaginary friend told you so?"

"She's very real. Scoff at all me all you want, but I'm going to help."

Sigh. "Girl, you're nuts. Talk with the Captain and she'll tell you the exact same thing..."

You can probably guess the outcome!

Dunames Lopez

Luckily the control tower was straightforward to access: only the actual cab of traffic control required special, two-step authentication. The third floor was the topmost floor that could be accessed without a need for two-step authentication. At this point onward, Dunames was swiftly brought inside the landing slot office, where the receptionist brought Dunames to the official responsible for striking deals with companies for shipping routes. Said official was much better with Basic than most Squibs, but that was purely out of professional necessity: some non-Squibs would have problems dealing with the broken Basic that they often exhibit.

"Star Tours, what can I do for you today?"

"I would like to open a trade route to Skor II and, for this I will need to negotiate a deal for daily landing slots"

"Is it more for passenger or cargo operations?"

"A mixture of both: probably 10 each a day for passenger and cargo"

Ellya

E
[ 18 ]​
"Any chance I could help out somewhere?" the girl asked a random passerby. There was a Jedi team who was all doing their own stuff -- they seemed rather busy, but she had nobody else to ask the question from, so she'd just picked one of them.

Because, well, she was blind and couldn't tell whom she was talking to either way.

"Oh, sure," a woman's voice replied. "Uh, let me see... These few crates need to be moved to the other side of the complex. They're really delicate things, but you have a droid with you. Maybe you can manage?"

Only then did she notice Ellya was blind.

"Oh yes, surely let the droid move the crates. But the doctor over there will tell you what you should do next with the crates. We over here only know that they have to be moved there."

"Alright. Where's the other side of the complex I have to go to?" Ellya asked while gesturing the droid to take the crates and do something with them. She didn't know how an astromech would move these things.

"Yes, section R of the complex."

"Thanks."

Dunames Lopez

"What about you get 10 passenger and 20 cargo daily landing slots? We have had problems attracting cargo companies, so Star Tours being willing to open a shipping route is welcome" the landing slot official suggested.

"Or we land larger ships, about 500 meters, and make the landing slots count double for ships between 200 and 500 meters we use on that shipping route?"

"Only fair, the Polyanarchy often lamented that bulk was the problem with the Blastport as it pertains to cargo shipping routes"

"So do we have a deal?"

The Squibs didn't expect raw metal or other bulk materials to be so readily shipped onboard Star Tours flights, but what the Squib landing slot official doesn't suspect is that virtually every Star Tours revenue flight is flown in combi configuration, albeit highly variable, especially as bulk shipments are concerned: on ships larger than an AT-AT barge, Star Tours rarely had uniform layouts. She didn't suspect that the Squib are attempting to turn the putative shipping route into a mostly bulk one. And then a contract is drafted by the Squib, detailing exactly what timeslots (as a range) would be covered by them opening the spaceport to a Star Tours trade route. Even then, upon reading the schedule of prospective landing slots, Dunames realizes that the majority of the landing slots are outside of prime flight hours.

Ellya

E
[ 19 ]​
Ellya, her astromech Seeyeh and her Praefecti Ciarre all wandered down the complex together, the droid and the girl pushing carts in front of them as they moved. Ciarre had several crates attached to her back, but seemed just as happy.

It was an odd trio, especially since one of them was blind, one of them was a golden astromech, and the last was an animal. But Ellya didn't care about that, because she hardly ever cared about anything. Such simple matters were not something to be worrying about, at least in her opinion.

Of course the blind girl had learned how to control her Force Sense abilities even better, so now she could at least vaguely see the corridors in which they walked. She mostly followed Seeyeh, though, because she couldn't read, nor did she know where the section R really was.

Seeyeh seemed to know that. Or at least he could read.

"There'a a long way to R, right?" Ellya asked from the droid, but she didn't get an answer. The droid hadn't even heard her question.

Dunames Lopez

"Yes" the Squib official responded, while handing over the contract that forms the landing slot agreement.

Satisfied with the additional landing slots she got on Skor, Dunames realizes that there is a clause in there, pertaining to where the slots will go: at least 50% of the landing slots must come from destinations in Alliance-land, and that usually meant Eriadu or Terminus. Nevertheless she signed it, realizing that only ~1/3 will go to places outside Alliance-land, such as Pergitor, Zonju V in ORC-land or Lipsec, Dosuun in First Order-land. She then walks out of the control tower, satisfied of the deal, with a copy of the contract to bring back to the dispatching offices, such as the aforementionned locations.

"Now, we have our next project: lay in a course for Subterrel and we must build a spaceport in there"

"Roger, roger" Merrily acknowledged.

[member="Choli Vyn"]

He turned rapidly. The metal arm was hardly a comfortable cushion but it caught her under the arms. Unfortunately whilst it had more than enough strength to lift many times her weight, it didn't preclude the rest of his body from almost being dragged over. His right foot braced and he managed to stay upright.

"Oh I'm the one in no state to leave?" He asked incredulously. "Might wait for that shuttle so I don't get squashed into an asteroid. How good at flying are you anyway?"

Looking down to ask the question drew attention to the fact that he was still holding her. Right arm wrapped around her chest and left hand flat against her shoulder blade. An abashed looked crossed his face and he looked away. She had an athletic build, light but firm and those were not things he should have been thinking.

He hissed through clenched teeth as he caught up to the fact that she was against the dressings and raw wounds down his right hand side.

Ellya

E
[ 20 ]​
The three reached section R after a couple of minutes. It hadn't been that far away, it looked like. Distances felt a lot different for Ellya, though -- she couldn't see, so every travel seemed endless to her. And whenever the end of the journey came, it was so expected that the girl couldn't have possibly prepared for that.

She'd grown used to that, but it was still a little bit difficult to explain to a person who could see.

"Oh, you've come with the crates. Thank you!" a man, probably the doctor the Jedi had talked about, said. "Here, let me have them." Just the like the Jedi before, the doctor didn't notice at first that the girl had no details in her eyes. No irises, no pupils, nothing. Only blank white eyeballs that looked into the distance.

"You're blind?" the man asked.

"Yes, I am," Ellya replied with simplicity. Most people suggested her to have a surgery so that she could perhaps start to see. Some suggested swapping the malfunctional eyeballs for cyborg eyes, but she didn't want any of that.

Because Viatori were a rare breed. There was only three ways a Viatori would live -- they would either be born blind, but with detailed eyes so that they could develop the ability to see during their lifetime; they would be born with completely functional eyes and would get to live a normal life (extremely rare); or they would be born with eyes which don't have any details, which means they are destined to never see anything.

Ellya was born in the last breed.

"I was told you would give me the next task."

"Yes, that's right. Here, these vials must be taken to the section O. It's right over the corner, but we're so busy right here that we can't take them to the section. Thank you in advance!"

Hugh Seyley

H
The Dead Space Graveyard
[ 21 ]​
"Sir, what is the status of the ship?" B9 asked as soon as he'd returned to Hugh's side. He was not an engineer or a repairman, but he may have known something about the engine.

"It's missing a few crucial parts. Uh, a hyperdrive. Some other stuff as well," Hugh briefed the droid. "Maybe you could scan the area for a compatible hyperdrive?"

"Already on it, sir," the droid said.

"Amazing."

The droid hadn't been by his side for long. Only months ago had he found him in the deserts of Tatooine. He'd repaired him, bought new parts for him and everything. And only a few weeks ago had he come back to life. Now the man couldn't even imagine his life without the droid. He was more than just a friend -- he was a mentor, he was a true best friend.

"There are three hyperdrives which could be used on this ship. As well as several shield generators here and there. We could use these to put the ship together again."

Oh, bravo. That was fantastic.

After selling off part of Pizza Hutt to IGR, Jessica realized that some of her own items were now seeing use among Alliancist naval circles: namely the Procurator-X and the Mateus classes were used on Kaeshana, and the Lothals, as well as the Legacy-class are being used on Tython. While, of course, facilities Hakassi did build several ships that were used by the Alliance navy, its actual presence in Alliance space was limited to Dulvoyinn manufactured hypervelocity cannons, and Dagobah, where the long-range turbolasers were manufactured. To remedy this lack of equipment, it was decided to deploy an additional shipyard over Skor. Skor was a little different but being so close to another location would pose other problems - while the Zonju location could, of course, be leased to the Kathol Outback to serve as their primary naval yard, over even Arcadia-N-30, which instead serviced smaller units, no such arrangement was possible with the Alliance, whose naval yards on Naboo, Yag'dhul, Sullust and Fondor were enough to cover their needs, even for battlecruisers.

"What's taking so long? Did we run out of parts?" Julie asked.

"We are to deploy two Saculs and five Egroegs here. The parts are due to arrive from Geonosis tomorrow or so"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom