Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dawn of a new day (FWC/ask to join)

Chekīta Kaie

I'm smiling, this should scare you
So, another person under faith command, so was she from Alderan? Chekita knowing the most of the FWC worlds were self ruled to some degree, like the new Corellian confederacy. 'What, you being a model set off the balance of the universe, because of your thin figure that would change what people think about models? or because of your social standing"? Which was honestly something she did not know but guessed from her response was not of very high birth, maybe a lesser noble of sorts. The whole noble and hierarchy system often went of Chekita's head, true it was not much different from the Mando clans, but something about the FWC and the different planet royals and ordaining stuff just seemed a little too complicated, which was ironic considering here good memory.

She gave the woman another once over as she talked about more on the subject of modeling, "Well yes many people say I'm rather out putting and noticeable, not sure if it is a compliment or an insult half the time". She remarked as the two hands parted, her gaze once again be drawn to conversation partner, "Yes, gotta keep with the local fashion and though I may not be into dresses much but I can say it looks nice on you". In all it was nice to meet this new woman, though being that she too served under Faith it was kind of odd the two never met, unless it was due to Chekita being an agent capable of committing very violent acts to someone at the mere command.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
"No, I meant I have yet to earn a title, despite my heritage. My family is not as structured as many would believe, despite being one of the Great Houses on Aderaan." Marina explained. It were no big deal, but that is why many came to such social events, like coronations. Not only for the event itself, but the opportunity to meet other representatives and people both in the political circles and factions. It were a neutral sort of place...a sanctuary of sort to get to know, understand and open dialogues with those whom one would find difficult by other means.

"I believe it is no different from other factions and clans where one must prove their worth to come up to warrior class. Just because one is born of a certain clan, does not automatically make them a warrior....they still have to earn that tittle..no?" She said, making a kind of comparison. "The same applies to my family. The tittles have to be earned, never simply born with it."

"If you don't mind me asking, what system are you from, [member="Chekīta Kaie"] ?"

Milo Ren

A Howling Voice in the Desert
Milo strode into the coronation's party, fashionably late. He wasn't a fan of mingling and whatnot, and had only really shown up because Ra invited him. Ra. What was she to him? Friend? Ally? Lover? The former Ren didn't know. The last one especially unsettled him. To be in love again...

No. Now was not the time nor place to think of such things. Milo was dressed to perfection in a tailored suit, and his handsome face brought many a look from the various men and women in attendance. So did Freya, his adoptive daughter. She decided to wear normal clothing, and didn't budge an inch when her father showed her the nice dress he had picked out for her. Oh well. Some things would never change. Both of the Force sensitives concealed their lightsabers and Force signatures well.

Passing through the crowds of guests and partygoers, Milo eventually found Ra. She was in a blue dress, hair down and straightened, and actually had make up on! She was quite beautiful, and for a moment, the man was struck breathless. It only lasted a moment before Milo composed himself and stepped forward.

"Ra. You look beautiful."

Freya gave Ra a nod and a smile. The two had grown closer through their secretive training.

"Hello, Ra."

Milo stood there slightly awkwardly, leaving a slight pause before looking around for something to drink.

"Sorry. Can I grab you a drink?"

Feeling the arrival of several familiar people and the attention of Marina fully on Chekīta, Ra almost silently excused herself. Even though she could have participated in the conversation of modeling, it really wasn't her thing. Way more of a business mind than small talk, she could do general pleasantries, but not much more beyond that. She didn't keep up on fashion and had no interest in being a model if she could be one, Ra turned as Milo walked up to her.

He had yet to meet her other apprentices, maybe that would happen today. Milo was different than they were. Fully trained in using the Force, he wasn't exactly an apprentice of hers, but yet in some ways he was.

When they met, he was a lost soul and needed a purpose. Ra had offered him this and they had been travelling with her fleet since. A place to stay safe and make a new future for himself and his daughter.

Returning the nod and smile of Freya, she might have colored up slightly at the reaction of Milo to the change of her looks. It was a day like no other and she was as much out of place as he was. In her turn, she looked Milo from head to toe and smiled at him.

"You clean up pretty well yourself. Yes, let's go get a drink."

[member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"] [member="Mercutio"] [member="Marina DeVoe"] [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Kei Raxis"] [member="Chekīta Kaie"] [member="Ja’rrod Categaern"] [member="Marina DeVoe"]

depends, I'm not so formal as you may think however stardust will suffice

She said politely and with a smile, she glanced around feeling a presence she haven't felt in so long...kei...seemed her cousin...Or well friend now had turned up. She couldn't remember if she sent him a invitation...then another and she could sense...mercutiodecided to make a appearance it seems and in a suit

yes much has changed and I will continue to do so, for the better of course in fact I've cut down the spice trade by least half

Chekīta Kaie

"Oh, I must say that is rather different from what most nobles usually do, quite a few have the 'born with a silver spoon in my mouth' mentality where just their birth blood makes them better then anyone without having to earn it, it is nice to see your family operates that way". It was a little similar to how a Mandaloiran became blooded or perhaps a Jedi knight trail, though Chekita wondered what tests they had to past in order to gain their noble titles? Maybe something diplomatic, would explain why she was attending such an important gathering, showing that she was able to represent her house properly and prove that she could deal with other affluent people and settings.

"Yes you are right, even among exile Mandos and ones that may be clan-less proving ones worth through many trials is a major stepping stone in life that all must and are almost always willing to under take". Herself passing said trials when the Awuad clan reorganized and went after some long lost armor from before the Empire, having to sneak past and fight through many enemy defenses and so forth to reach their goal, a fun challenging experience over all. "Mhh where I am from, well was born and raised on Nal Hutta, my family having put distance between Mandalore due to the constant fighting, working as bounty hunters and body guards".

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

"The Mandolorians are quite a challenge for anyone outside their society to quite understand completely.
I've only begun to study them from an academic perspective...nothing at all like learning from an actual clan. But that I understand is also quite difficult for anyone to do." She replied, after hearing the young woman was Mandolorean by birth.

"Although I did toss around the idea of a student exchange program. Just that to even attempt at opening up such dialogue with a Mandalor on the matter seems to be met with laughter.
They do however accept individuals that seek training from their camps, but it is not what I had in mind. I am meaning exchange as in family units and to live, work in the farms and train as a family member. Of course a Mando would spend same amount of time in say a free world family.
This way, both individuals experience alternate family traditions, values and come to a better understanding to perhaps opening up real dialogue between the two societies." Marina went on to explain. It was her theory that an exchange program could bring the two societies to speak as there was some real understanding of each other's society.

Marina was indeed primed for politics, as her entire life till she were 22 had been to off world schooling, unlike so many other Alderaani.
But she had always had her eyes and inspiration on the stars...travelling, exploring and meeting new people of all races, creed, and
religious beliefs (sith/jedi).

"Well, you got my curiosity up as to how you came to pass your trials, [member="Chekīta Kaie"] . Would you mind at all if I take up a few more moments of your time? I do realize you are here for many reasons, but i promise not to keep you long."

Milo Ren

Milo would take Ra's arm in his own and the two of them would walk to the bar. He ordered Corellian Ale. Freya ordered the same thing. He raised an eyebrow at that, but didn't object. She was a woman now.

"Parties aren't really my thing, you know. All I can think about are the various escape routes to take, what's best for cover and concealment. Things like that. I don't like socializing too much."

Milo flashed Ra a wry smile before taking a sip of his ale.

"Of course, that doesn't apply to you."

He lowered his voice, just loud enough so that only Ra could hear what he had to say.

"You know, Freya is really starting to warm up to you. She almost sees you as the mother she never had."

Freely allowing Milo to lead her to the bar, she ordered her favorite drink. A sweet fruity one that was blue. You could drink them like juice and not even know you were getting drunk. It wasn't often she did drink, but liked this one best.

When Freya ordered the ale, she didn't even bat an eye at it. At functions like this, it was acceptable for somebody young to drink within reason and on Zeltros even more so. At the comments of Milo, Ra grinned and pointed out exactly what he had been talking about.

"You and I are very much alike in a few aspects. However, I don't think we are going to need to use those skills today."

He whispered that his daughter was starting to warm up to her and maybe even look at her like a mother she never had, Ra blushed slightly. With the make up on though, she didn't know if it would be seen.

"Is that a proposal?"

The words were out before she could stop them and that blush got even stronger. Trying to hide, she took a sip of her drink and hoped he didn't notice.

[member="Milo Ren"]

Exiled Count of House Teraan (Alderaan)
[member="Ra'a'mah"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] | [member="Ja’rrod Categaern"]​
It then seemed with Ja'rrod comply and stay keep his distance as he'd asked albeit not wandering off too far. That for a moment he then turns his attention back to [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] whom by then came back reply.

" Depends, I'm not so formal as you may think however stardust will suffice."

At which time he then with a nod spoke back.

"I see well guess that good to know at any rate same here... formalities is something rather dispense with unless called for Stardust. And I guess rightfully so now that know your name that I least offer up. Which is Andulf or Nicholas ...whichever one you prefer be easier ."

It then seemed not the smile on her face that was soon followed by a glance to the side that he assumed another presence or acquaintance had entered the fray. Enought to briefly catch her attention as such as he had as well glance about the crowd ahead that he noted the presence of two familiar faces. That of @Ra'a'mah and [member="Marina DeVoe"] ... both of whom seem to engage in conversation with someone else as well. To which he took note of as he then turns to hear Stardust speak.

"Yes much has changed and I will continue to do so, for the better of course in fact. I've cut down the spice trade at least half."

To which he then seem with a slight nod replied back.

" I see, well that is quite a change indeed which I hope too will continue and lead to the betterment of all concerned.Seeing as during the few times I had been during my youth here before that talks about the spice trade was if anything quite the contested issue with the older folks. And have to admit being a culprit to one a many interesting situations I've come across in the past here. But just the same if anything else talks about the past not quite what if figured to come here.

Which at any rate I would wish to offer and extend my congratulations to you Stardust....for quite the gathering as it is the reason behind it as well. "

Milo Ren

Milo's face split into a wide smile at Ra. Wow. She was straight to the point, it seemed. Freya's head turned, wondering why Ra's face had suddenly turned bright red. After a second, she sighed. The young woman knew exactly why she was blushing. Her father was a lady killer. True, most of the time, he was in possession of more of a rugged handsomeness, especially when caked in dirt or grime or blood, but when he dressed up and was actually clean...

"I don't think I'm ready for a sibling just yet."

Freya gave the two adults a snarky smile before downing the rest of her drink. Milo nearly spit out the mouthful he had just been about to swallow. That kid was shrewd.

"Ah hem...so, Ra...have I shown you my new flechette launcher?"

Freya rolled her eyes and ordered another drink. Sometimes they could both be so awkward.

For just a moment, Ra contemplated using those assassin skills to use and running away. It would be a let down to do that to more than just Stardust though. Milo didn't diserve her disappearing on him even if he was the cause of her feeling embaressed. When Freya spoke up her mind on things, one word stood out clearly. Yet. After that, she smirked at them and finished her drink. The reaction of Milo was just as amusing and Ra was glad she hadn't run.

If Ra had been able to speak clearly, she would have corrected Freya on something, but at the moment, she was speechless. Taking a moment to finish her first drink, she ordered another and looked at Freya before saying a small tease back.

"Well, a sibling wouldn't exactly happen right away."

Winking at the girl, she looked up at Milo who had attempted to change the subject and almost felt like giggling.

"I'll take that as a no, for now. To answer your actual question, no you haven't."

[member="Milo Ren"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex finally gets up from his seat and approaches [member="Kei Raxis"]. "Hi, your Kei Raxis are you not, one of the admirals from the CSA?" Rex knows that Kei will most likely have never heard of him as they have never officially met in any capacity. "I'm Rex Taff, it's a pleasure to meet you finally, I myself am from the CSA." Waiting for man to answer he beings probing the area, allowing his force signature to be seen for a minute while he has a quick feel around. He can feel [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] and the man at the bar but that is all. Shutting himself back off, he could have sworn his research told him Kei was a force user, but he hadn't felt anything from the man.

[member="Rex Taff"]
Zeltros
852 ABY
Kei shrugged.

The suit was annoying but he was starting to grow accustomed to it. What he wasn't used to what someone trying to make small talk, small talk had never been his speciality. He was just socially awkward and tended to mess up small talk. It ran in the family, Jack had never been all that good at small talk and he could only assume that [member="Gray Raxis"] was much the same. Just another trait that they shared within the family.

The man introduced himself as Rex Taff. Kei hadn't heard the name, then again he didn't really care for those who didn't work within the Commenor Systems Alliance Navy. He rarely came across them, he didn't spend all day studying them. Should he meet them, then it was awesome. New friends. That suggested that he actually met them though, that was a rare thing that ever occured. Kei grinned to himself softly.

"Less Admiral. My offical title is Naval Advisor but it gives me the same clearances as a rear admiral so at the end of the day it's just easier to go with admiral. Offically I'm in the employ of the queen to advise her and the prince on naval stratagy during times of battle. I normally just run training simulations, get shouted at by the grand admiral and float around the galaxy in my flagship just doing things. In and out, just popping in and helping out"

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
He smiled at [member="Kei Raxis"]. "Really okay." Nodding at this Rex finally asks curiously, "Shall we go say hi to [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] then or are you here to met some else?" He was happy to wait for an answer.

Chekīta Kaie

"Indeed, many would see our culture as odd and over the top, but that is just how we live, but at the same time we can be more civilized that the stereotypical view of strong warriors and deadly bounty hunters, lie me". "Ture, I have spent quite a bit of time away from the clan the Mando life style is still something that comes rather natural, spot me at a clan gathering most likely will be drinking or bashing heads with someone else". Well that was how the last meeting went anyways, she probably fought half the party attendees and drank a 1/4 of the booze.

"As for that exchange program, something like that may work, if the Empire is willing, Mandalore could benefit from other people's culture and hopefully over tie get them to throw off certain, prejudices that they may have, like towards force users and certain alien’s races". Not that she wanted her accentual home world to change complete, but currently with new faction popping up and constant wars with no respite, the galaxy may soon find itself without any Mandalorian left.

"My trials, oh that took place rather recently when I once again re-joined with my clan, that of Awaud, the new hair being appointed when the old was killed in the last civil war, thus putting distance between the empire". "The trail was a little unorthodox, myself proving worth to the clan when the leader along with me and a few trusted individuals sneaked into a Galactic Empire held world to 'acquire' and ancient suit of Beska armour, in a nut shell a lot of fighting, some heroic act here and there, and upon return was welcomed as a full member that had passed their trials". "As of now the clan leader is around Republic Remnant space, leading the clans support there, though I have chosen to remain here among the FWC". Most likely a mouth full, but that was the really short version, if told in full detail, we’ll let us just say the party would have gone on for a while.

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

"I'm assuming the Beska armor was your's to keep?
It is quite a prize to acquire one in such a manner....to think you had to infiltrate GE Remnant space and put down on one of the system to pull that off. " Marina was quite impressed with the young woman's accomplishment and the fact that she had in a way lead a team. It indicated leadership qualities and the trust of her companions.

"I see why Queen [member="Faith Organa"] has you in her services, [member="Chekīta Kaie"] ." She smiled, taking a sip from her flute.

Her eyes met then for a moment Count [member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"] across the expanse of guests and she gave him a quick smile and a slight wave. She would see him eventually, just that she didn't want him to think she were avoiding his person. But her immediate interest were in the young woman who had so boldly come to a formal coronation in her own unique style.

"Seems we both serve on the same team, so so speak. I do hope we can get together again soon so that we could get to know one another better. Maybe we can come up with a working plan that we could submit to the FWC in seeing about opening up more dialogue with the Mandaloreans. Maybe even bring up the student exchange program..." She said, not wishing to take up more of the girl's time, as she had promised not too.

But if the young woman wasn't bored and wished to continue their interactions before greeting her other associates, Marina was more than happy to do so.

[member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"] [member="Rex Taff"] [member="Kei Raxis"]

we are all guilty of something we aren't proud of, no one goes through life without making a single mistake

She said, she frowned slightly thinking on that before she looked around seeing her cousin and another. She glanced back and bowed

thank you enjoy the party

She turned and would leave, she walked through the crowd passing @Ra'a'mah and [member="Milo Ren"] hearing a bit of their conversation as she smirked and chuckled walking to [member="Kei Raxis"] and [member="Rex Taff"]

kei! I didn't expect to see you here! And hello rex it's been awhile

She looked to kei, she felt a hint of the dark side coming from him and frowned a bit before she let her smile return...She was simply happy to see him again

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Turning as [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] came towards them. "Hi Star, yes it has, I must ask though is Darben okay?" Then elaborating "It's just I haven't seen him or you since the incident then I received an offer to come and celebrate you becoming queen." "So I figured why not come and see an old friend and master." He looked at Star waiting for an answer, he could feel the tears about Mia welling up again, seeing someone who was cared about die like that it took him back to a long time ago. Snapping out of it "Sorry you don't have to answer my question if you don't want to."

After Star was done talking to him, he could see the need for [member="Kei Raxis"] and Star to talk. "Excuse me would you I might leave now if that's okay with you Star. After all I only came to see you once more, and it was a pleasure meeting you as well Kei." Readying himself to leave to return back to his duties in other areas of space.

Exiled Count of House Teraan (Alderaan)
[member="Ra'a'mah"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] | [member="Ja’rrod Categaern"] | [member="Rex Taff Kei Raxis"] | [member="Kei Raxis"] | [member="Chekīta Kaie"] | [member="Milo Ren"]​
"we are all guilty of something we aren't proud of, no one goes through life without making a single mistake."

She then came to say before turn her gaze to the crowd that gathers and seem momentarily let a thought press upon her mind. Followed by a slight frown wash over her face as she then seems distracted by something else. Then came to conclude their chat as much the way as it started to which he then return the gesture.

"Thank you enjoy the party."

Soon saw her walk off to back to mingle with the crowd as Andulf turn double back to meet with Ja'rrod. As he then in jest turn him and spoke.

"See, nothing to it... we're just doing fine even without the whole crew here. And besides there nothing worry about here now that Stardust said she'd hopefully dealt with the spice cartel here."

At which time his gaze then turn back to the crowd from which given his vantage point from where he stood. That he got take note of some the few familiar faces in the crowd of which his gaze met [member="Marina DeVoe"] who seem. No sooner had their gaze met that she then gave him a friendly smile and wave to which he just having been handed a drink by Ja'rrod. Then lift it up midway and smiled in her direction while giving her a slight nod of acknowledgment. And seeing her preoccupied with someone else that he instead figured now a bit more relaxed after taking a few sips of his drink. Began to slowly not be so standoffish and just mingle with the crowd a bit more casually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom