Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dawn of a new day (FWC/ask to join)

Chekīta Kaie

I'm smiling, this should scare you
"No no, the armor was not mine to keep, it was the clan leader, after all he did accompany us on the raid in person, was also a status symbol to solidify his rule over the clan, but I did not go empty handed, myself recovering a few individual pieces, not enough to wear straight away, but forge into a new set, doing that is quite an honor in itself, after all I do not think the one we recovered intact would have fit me, for... reasons". Though she would have to take lessons to properly understanding the forging methods.

"Well let us just say my recruitment into the FWC was kind of accidental, but not unwelcome", again another long story of being on a cruise ship around Coalition space that had a zombie outbreak, herself joining up with government forces and dealing with the thread. A certain [member="Derrick Veltraa"] then offering the woman a place among Praetorian Squad, eventually working her way up in the ranks to become an operative for the crown.

"Anyway about your suggested program, I will talk to my cousin about it, may be useful and all, I know for a fact quite a few among the clan do not have a lot of knowledge of the outside galaxy... oh yer I forgot to mention Jaster of Clan Awaud is my cousin". Being away from the clan until it's most recent revival after breaking tire with the Mando empire, allowed the two to reunite, the whole concept of being close family still something she had to wrap her head around. "Well I see you have a friend waving to you, hope I am not taking up your time".

[member="Marina DeVoe"]

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
It were a learning curve for her, as she listened with great interest of the young woman's adventures, in the process of not only acquiring the armor for her Clan Leader, but at the same time making the cut, as far as proving her worth to the clan.

Chekita's way of telling her tale was both entertaining and to the point. Marina could envision the excitement in the raid and of taking the artifact among very high security measures.

"Wow...that sounds like a nerve wreaking mission...at least to me, if I had to do anything of that sort. ..wow.." She almost got the jitters thinking about it, if she had to do something like that. Of course Marina was not meant or raised in such a manner as to become a warrior or soldier and she just couldn't imagine herself having the nerve or the skills to do as the young Mandalorean.

"Oh lord..yea, about the exchange thing...yea..." She realized she had not thought about it as it pertained to all aspect of exchanging cultural ideologies.
A few amendments would have to be enacted... as per instance; if Marina herself would happen to volunteer, how would she handle such training involving the possibility of hurting others? That had been debated many times even in her own House, as her father, brother and grandfather were highly militaristic. She, her mother and her sister were the only pacifists in the family.
Then again, that in itself rounded off House DeVoe as not being weak, nor as a warmonger family, as there seemed to be checks and balances within the family itself.

"But you know..." She got back on her original idea of a full exchange. It had to be all or nothing, the way she figured. If say a Mandolorean was to be open minded and experience a noble family and their values, then same for a student to experience and come with an open mind to learn about mando's and lifestyle.
"... sure, why not?
I don't see how else to experience another culture than to come in with an open mind and embrace it like the people there." She then nodded, more to herself pinning the idea firmly than anything.

"Yes, we should speak more of this exchange program. I have to believe if its the only way to open up more dialogue between cultures, then it should be seriously considered." Marina agreed.
Unfortunately, she didn't know Chekita's cousin, Jaster. But perhaps Chekita would have them meet and discuss this further if the Clan had interest in the concept.

"Oh yes...that's Count [member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"] of House teraan on Alderaan. I do have to see him before the party is disolved. I've got to press him into joining the Council..lol" Marina looked over to the count, as she spoke concerning him.

"Well, it were I whom didn't want to take up more of your time, Chekita. But if you must go, then here...take my data." She opened up her comm to transmit her info.
"We'll talk more on the subject and maybe set something up with your cousin's clan."

Exiled Count of House Teraan (Alderaan)
[member="Ra'a'mah"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] | [member="Ja’rrod Categaern"] | [member="Rex Taff"] | [member="Kei Raxis"] | [member="Chekīta Kaie"] | [member="Milo Ren"]​

It was then with Stardust take her leave of him then having noted brief exchange between Marina and him. That he came to note glance to the side Ra presence as she too seems preoccupied speak with someone else as well. To which take a few more sip of his drink that he then figured wait on the sideline contemplate much of what he'd pick up or learn thus far.

Chekīta Kaie

I'm smiling, this should scare you
[SIZE=9pt]Chekita gave a small chuckle at Marina's response, always being funny to see people who were unprincipled in combat getting nervousness just thinking about it, but everyone had their strengths and weaknesses, in this case Marina's being wit thinking and good looks. "Well it is to be expected, just don't go off into the first fight you see alright, would be a shame to see such a nice face injured". [/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]She calmed down slightly as the conversation switched back to possible exchange student studies, herself raising an eye brow at the woman, slightly confused by her constant sentence do overs every few seconds. It was probably a very daunting task, no doubt if such an exchange went underway participates would have to abide by Mandalorian culture and possible be edged on to undertake some sort of training, probably not what everyone wanted. "Do not think about it too hard just a thought for now, still many details to go over after all".[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt]"As for keeping me, no it is fine, I enjoyed our talk but it would be best if we mingled with the others around here, I have yet to meet many people, including this Andulf Nicholas Teraan". "So yes, this shall be farewell for now, you have a very lovely night now sexy", [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]giving a small bow Chekita left the woman and Count to converse, wandering back into the crowd of another guest that were present. [/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]'[/SIZE][SIZE=9pt]Well that was certainly interesting, I hope I get to see more of her sometime in the future'.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=9pt][member="Marina DeVoe"][/SIZE]

Marina DeVoe

The young Mandolorean woman indeed took her information, progressing their effort of meeting other guests and acquaintances.
Marina bid her a good farewell also, but not before downloading [member="Chekīta Awaud"] 's contact info. After all, despite everyone here for the most part had been invited for the coronation, they were all diplomats and in this peaceful atmosphere, there were opportunities to open dialogue with representatives that otherwise were difficult to meet under normal circumstances.

Marina looked over her flute, then taking a small sip and once more tried to spy Andulf. She spotted him casually overlooking the guest and seemed open for the moment. Marina thought it a good moment for her to head on over to him, passing a servant with a tray of fresh champagne filled flutes. She casually put her near empty glass on a spent tray and motioned to take one from the server. He graciously lowered it for her to easily take one. Giving him a 'thank you' smile, she took two.

"Well hello Count [member="Andulf Nicholas Teraan"]..." , she came up next to him, bearing two flutes of champagne.
"... or can I still call you Nicky? " Marina extended one of the flutes for him to take.

"I noticed your glass was nearing empty, and thought you may want to share a drink with me." Her smile was quite inviting.

H5glRKV.jpg

Exiled Count of House Teraan (Alderaan)
[member="Ra'a'mah"] | [member="Marina DeVoe"] | [member="Stardust Bloodstone"] | [member="Ja’rrod Categaern"] | [member="Rex Taff"] | [member="Kei Raxis"] | [member="Chekīta Kaie"] | [member="Milo Ren"]​
It was then in the momentary lull of activity wherein rather than pursuing to interact with another amongst the crowd that was gathered. He opted to sit back nursing the half-empty glass in one hand as his mind contemplated things. Which on all account so very few were privity to such as were the burden he felt of having put up the facade of neutrality. Despite being faced with so much hostility from all around ... both within and without. As he silently contemplated things when from the corner his eyes that he took note of her.

"Well hello, Count Andulf Nicholas Teraan..."

Arriving as she did with a flute of fresh champagne in both hands as she did. That he drew back to be somewhat thankful she had not the ability read mind. As he did well hide well behind the veil of secrecy as he hears her speak....addressing him in such a formal manner. He sort had to hold back the passing thought of what if any. His late father would have thought ... if he were still living were as much a sobering thought. As much it was a reminder..... until such time she came add later on. Just as he graciously accepted the glass as it had been an offer and with a faint nod in recognition was about speak when.

"... or can I still call you Nicky? "

To which sparked a slight smirk on his face.

" Well just between us... Nicky fine although having said it kinda bring back old memory comes from you, Marina. Of old times with back in the dormitories over at the Academy, Which reminds me... we should set up a meeting soon if only before we grow into old men ourselves. And turn into our father. But just the same how has your day gone so far?Hope I didn't break or distracted you too much with your talks with the other one."

In which time he then give a slight coy smirk as she then replied.

"I noticed your glass was nearing empty and thought you may want to share a drink with me."

Marina DeVoe

"Yes, then I'll call you Nicky as long as we're not in the presence of our queen, dignitaries or court..." She replied, giving him one of the flutes she had brought over for them.

"The evening, for as early as it is has been quite well for me. I've spoken to quite a few interesting people." Marina spoke, taking a quick look to as where her former companions were.
She had certainly thought she made a good connection with [member="Chekīta Awaud"] , the young Mandelorean woman, whom she had found fascinating. To think, a young woman warrior that were up to par with her male counterparts both in skill and battle. It was something quite different than what she were used to. Yet, both cultures thrived and survived against many odds. Both cultures were nearly wiped out in the past, making Mandoloreans and Alderaani similar in that respect. But it were strange that no one ever thought of the similarities in that manner.

Milo Ren

A Howling Voice in the Desert
Milo reached over and ruffled the little bits of hair that Freya had, much to her chagrin. She was a piece of work, but she was his piece of work.

"I'm sorry about that, dear Ra. Ahem. Let me compose myself."

Milo took a moment to readjust his bowtie, which had grown a little tight throughout the whole debacle. He then finished the rest of his Corellian ale in one gulp before turning back to the woman.

"So this is a coronation party, correct? Who's the queen? I don't really stay up to date with politics."

Chuckling a little, Ra gave him the time he wanted to compose himself. She herself took the comments and reactions in stride. Having been more joking about the proposal than anything else, she was amused by their reactions. She had a very quirky sense of humor at times and this was one of those moments.

"Hey, it's all in fun. I'm not ready for that any way. I don't think space is the best place to raise a child or on the move all the time such as I am."

That didn't say she wasn't ready to get married, but between them, it wasn't the right time. They had been growing closer, but she was not yet ready for that plunge and maybe never would be..

"My best friend and clan sister, Stardust."

Having been adopted into Clan Raxis by Star when she was married to Gray Raxis, they were now divorced, but both were still part of the clan.

[member="Milo Ren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom