Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private CSF Contract

Location: Coruscant, Industrial Complex, BlasTech Factory, Weapons Production Line
Local Time: 21:42
Date: -DATA CORRUPTED-
Objective: Bring in Braorla Lipwhi Alive
Equipment: See Character Bio
Tags: Dominik Borra Dominik Borra | Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri

He heard Kuxirra speak into her commlink after taking a shaky breath.
She took a shaky breath. "He's been skinned. Kriff, I wish I knew how to heal..." She muttered the last sentence under her breath. "Should I bring them out or not yet? I don't want them caught in the crossfire."
<It must’ve hit her hard.> He thought to himself as he continued to return fire. She was just a kid, damn it. He should not have brought her here. He was at fault for that. [“Negative, negative! Don’t let the hostages leave the office. It’s too dangerous outside for them. Keep them safe.”] He instructed as he took cover behind a large crate and started to reload his Scatter Gun. He was speed reloading with two shells at a time. [“In the meantime, sooth that man as best you can. It’s going to take me some time to reach him to apply first aid.”] He spoke as he was finished reloading in a matter of moments and was back in the fight as he pumped the forestock forward to chamber a shell. He grinned when he heard what Dominik had said. He assumed they both shared the same unique taste for slugthrowers. Two more of the thugs fell victim to his Scatter Gun as he continued to walk down the Production Line. He heard Dominik speak into his commlink once more.

"Kranak, be advised, the target may be heading towards the loading bay. Given he buys my bluff. Not sure where he is currently."
[“Understood. I’m on the look-out for him.”] he responded to the situation update as several blaster bolts struck his helmet and chest plate. They bounced off harmlessly, but it pissed him off regardless. He saw the muzzle flash come from the catwalk above him. He raised his Scatter Gun at the target on the catwalk and pulled the trigger. The thug’s limp body fell backwards a few meters in front of him shortly after taking the hit. The thugs in front of him had finally realized the futility of the situation and started to run in the opposite direction from Kranak. That was not good. If they ran, Braorla would also try to make a break for it. He’d prefer if they stood their ground and fought him. He had to speed up the process of finding the guy. The facility was too large for him to make a full sweep. He could’ve eluded the trio by the time he was done sweeping the factory. [“You may have contacts headed over your way, kid!”] he warned Kuxirra over his commlink as he ejected the remaining slug shells in his slug thrower after pumping the forestock back and forth six consecutive times. There was no telling where exactly they were running. Maybe they would run to where they kept the hostages and use them as a leverage against them. Maybe Braorla would try that as well.

He loaded two Mercy into his Scatter Gun from one of his pouches and pumped the forestock forward, chambering one of the rounds. He would have to make one of these thugs talk to learn his targets precise location. There was a young Twi’lek male leaping out of cover to make a run for it through the door that led to the office section. He trained his gun at him and fired, knocking his target to the ground face down. He approached the young Twi’lek in haste. He turned him over with a push of his left feet and picked him up by his throat with his left hand. His eyes widened in fear as he looked at his T shaped helmet visor. He slammed the Twi’lek to the nearby large crates to his left. The thug’s hands gripped his left hand in futility as he tightened his grip on the Twi’lek’s throat.
[“I’m going to give you a taste of your own medicine with the dullest knife I can find if you do not tell me where exactly Braorla Lipwhi’s hiding in this factory.”] he snarled at the thug as he choke lifted him. His lips parted to speak, but he heard nothing. He realized he was choking him a little too hard and he was desperately gasping for air. He slightly loosened his grip so he could speak and breathe better as he listened to what the Twi’lek had to say.

Grey Jedi Padawan/Cinnamon Roll
Kuxirra nodded. "Copy that," she said, kneeling down next to the man, speaking softly and with as soothing a tone as she could manage, which, to her surprise, was quite effective. "Don't worry," she said, giving him some of her strength through the Force. It wasn't enough to weaken her considerably or enough to heal him, but it would help ease his pain. "I have friends on the way. They'll do what they can."

My ear had been cut up by the broken commlink, and that was the second time my head had been slammed into something in the past five minutes. No matter how tough you are, having your brain do a somersault inside your skull is going to daze you. I was aware of the man's gun raising to fire at me, and if it was up to conscious thought I would have died there. But muscle memory with decades of practice and experience took over.

I grabbed the gun barrel with my right hand and fished a knife out from my pocket with my left. I went to jam it into his throat, but I guess I was a bit sluggish with my movements and he caught my wrist. Thankfully for me, his buddies were behind him. I guess these three liked each other because they weren't recklessly shooting at both of us.

I pushed with my legs upwards, robbing his stance of any resistance by taking it off of the ground for just a moment before his back his a wall. The sudden jarring was enough for me to break through his grip and stab the knife into his chest. I was exposed to one of the men now, and I drew the knife as soon as it had gone in, throwing it backhanded at the man. Wasn't my best throw, but it cut into his hands and caused him to drop his gun. The first man I had stabbed was still alive, I only punctured a lung and missed his heart, and the man was fighting for his life. He shoved back against me and it was my turn to hit a wall. He had let go of his gun and grabbed my throat with both hands, his eyes bulging with aggression as he heaved to crush my throat. I dropped his gun as well and drew the holdout pistol in my right hand.

The quick answer was to shoot him, but he was also the only reason why the other two hadn't lit me up just then. With the holdout pistol I aimed where I still thought they were, firing twice for each person before putting the business end of the gun to the man's side. The damn thing clicked empty. I had forgotten to check how much ammo was still in it. Dropping it, I used a tried and true method of breaking a lock on a throat. I raised both hands in the space between his arms and gripped his thumbs, pulling them back quickly and painfully. It released my airways and I sucked in a breath of sweet oxygen. He headbutted me, but I threw a kick up into his groin at the same time. He cringed as I saw stars again, and I used a leg to wrap around one of his, pulling it out from him, sending us both to the ground with me on top, but his hands still around my throat. The force of slamming his head against the ground dazed him as well, and he was losing strength from that punctured lung. I fished out the second knife I had taken from the train and stabbed into his heart, his whole body going limp an instant later.

I looked around me and found the Kranak's Westar lying not far from me. It had fallen at some point. And that was when I realized that only two of the three were dead. The one who's hand I had cut had dodged the shots and was picking up his gun off of the floor, but I raised the Westar and shot him before he could shoot me. I then put an extra shot in the other two for good measure, rubbing my throat as I did.

I wished I had my usual gear more than ever right then.

I remembered what I had wanted to warn the others about when I was interrupted, tore out the broken commlink, and switched the other I had stolen to the correct frequency and channel. "Kranak, do you have eyes on the target?" I asked, panting.

Location: Coruscant, Industrial Complex, BlasTech Factory, Weapons Production Line
Local Time: 21:44
Equipment: See Character Bio
Tags: Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri | Dominik Borra Dominik Borra

The young Twi’lek went unconscious when he tightened his grip around his throat. He let go of the Twi’lek afterwards. His limp body slid downwards with his back leaned to the crate behind him. His head fell slightly forward as he laid unconscious. Kranak had got what he needed from him and chose not to kill him as a response. But the situation would worsen, it seemed. The young Twi’lek had told him his target was somewhere in the Office section of the factory. This was going to be a major complication if he used one of the hostages as a meat-shield. He wasn’t sure what would Kuxirra do. The kid was already on edge from that man which the Razors skinned him alive. Kranak would also have to deal with that.

He holstered his Scatter Gun on his back and unholstered his A-180 from his right Kama holster. He would need something more accurate than his Scatter Gun if he was going to be dealing with this. His commlink came to life while he made haste to the Office section of the factory.

"Kranak, do you have eyes on the target?"

[“Negatory, but recently acquired intel suggest he’s in the Office section.”] he replied to Dominik while he made his way through the double push doors, sprinting. [“I’m headed there now. Kuxirra, scan your surroundings. He is hiding somewhere in the Office Complex.”] He turned the corner and ran up the staircase as he made his way to Kuxirra and the hostages. The thugs that ran from him earlier were holding a choke point at the end of the staircase with their weapons raised at him. He was greeted with a hail of blaster bolts when they had sightlines on him. The sound of blaster fire echoed through the hallway as they shot at him. They were more accurate this time as they managed to score more hits, but their shots ricochet off his armor. He quickly returned fire when he turned the staircase. Two of the thugs fell backwards with several blaster scorch marks on their chests. The others started to make a run for it on the opposite direction. He stood by the end of the staircase with his right hand clenching his A-180 stretched out towards the thugs. A series of blaster shots ripped through the air as he fired on them. Two more fell when they got shot in the back. The rest of them had left his sightlines.

He had to ascend three more levels to reach the factory’s Office Complex. He hoped he would reach Kuxirra and the hostages in time. He would most probably use a flashbang if it turned into an active hostage situation to stun his target, unless Kuxirra somehow managed to handle the situation.

---

Name: Braorla Lipwhi
Location: Coruscant, Industrial Complex, BlasTech Factory, Office Complex
Objective: Escape from the Factory
Equipment:
Defender Sporting Blaster Pistol, 1x Commlink, Simple Clothing

Chit, chit, chit! Who were these guys? He heard what was going on over the comms, how his men died. They had nothing against these guys. They could not have been CSF. They had a slicer sending the “all clear” signal to prevent the authorities from dispatching units to investigate the facility. Things were not going down according to the plan. This was supposed to be an easy job, but now it was all falling apart, damn it! They were supposed to get the guns and get out!

This was a total bust. He needed to get out of here, and fast. He was rapidly breathing as he trembled in fear. He peaked over the cubicle he was hiding in. He could see the hostages and a young Togruta, crouched over the man they skinned earlier. The hostages had their backs turned towards him. He had threatened them to stay silent. They didn’t dare to speak a word. They were scared, probably more scared than he was.

He would have to think fast if he wanted to get out of this alive. He decided to hold one of the hostages at gun point as he opened fire at the Togruta.

He rushed out of his office cubical he was hiding at and opened fire at the girl. Shooting while running was not the best idea. His aim was all over the place as he was shaking in fear as well. The red blaster bolts missed her and landed on a cubical, the walls and the top side of a water dispenser. The large water cooler bottle imploded when the blaster bolt struck, scattering its contents everywhere. He was quick enough to seize an office worker in her late twenties by the neck. She cried out in fear for her life as he firmly grasped her. He started to slowly back away as he held her in a sleeper choke hold with his left arm and kept his gun aimed at the young girl. “Stay back! Stay back or I’ll blow her head off!” he yelled at the young girl. “No! Please! No!” the hostage cried as he dragged her. The tone of his voice hinted at fear. He was behaving like a cornered animal with almost no choices.

The rest of the hostages shuffled, with their eyes opened wide in fear. Fear for their lives. They couldn’t just get up and run. They could get shot! One of them pleaded at the girl in a hushed tone. “Please, save us!”

At the sound of the blaster shots, Kuxirra's head jerked up, her piercing blue eyes meeting his own. When he threatened to kill the woman, she set down the blaster and stood, dropping the quarterstaff on the ground. "Get behind me," she told the other hostages, her voice holding more authority than one might think. She crossed her arms, glaring at this man. "I have no intention of hurting you or anyone else," she said. "Just let her go." she was speaking softly, yet it was somehow more frightening and commanding than if she's yelled it. She'd never attempted a mind trick, but she leaned into the Force, letting it guide her.

"Kark!" I cursed outside of the commlink, then transmitted again. "No maybe about it, he's there. I'm making my way there." I started running through the rows of machines and hot metal, taking shots at the numerous members of the Razors who still had the balls to fight. It was almost ridiculous how many of them would still open fire when so many of their friends were dead. Then again, I didn't have armor of any kind. One good shot would put me down.

I flew up metal staircases, crouching at intersections and other vital crosspoints to scan around me. Between Kranak and me, we had neutralized the majority of them, so some were being cheeky and hiding, only showing the barrels of their guns as I turned corners. When I was close enough to the door, I heard Lipwhi's demands to Kuxirra. He cursed to himself again. If he was as jumpy as he sounded, then opening up that door could set him off to execute the woman. These guys skinned people as tokens, so I didn't doubt that he would pull the trigger. If it had been twenty years earlier, I would have gone in and let him shoot the woman, let him destroy his only cover before taking him down.

I had my hands tied. I would have to wait for Kuxirra to handle it somehow before rushing in.

Local Time: 21:46
Equipment: Loadout 1 (One A-180 and Westar-M5 lended to friendlies)

His armored boots clanged as he made his way to the Office Complex, keeping his guard up, checking his corners all the while the Mandalorian ascended the staircase with haste. His chest rose and fell rapidly while he double timed. He sensed a hurried pattering coming from his immediate left, right around the corner, just as he ascended another floor. It was one of the thugs. Kranak turned towards the contact, leveling his blaster pistol but the thug unintentionally slammed into him. He saw the thug’s eyes widen in fear as he saw his glance meet his opaque, tinted helmet visor. The thug had caught him at a weird angle while he was ascending the next set of stairs, however. When the thug ran into him, he lost his footing and fell to his side, with the thug falling besides him.

Both of them recovered from the fall at the same time. The thug raised his blaster pistol at him while the thug tried to scurry away from him, struggling to stand up. The barrel of the thug’s pistol glared at him as he rolled to his right and mounted the thug, sitting on his torso to pin him down, his kama rippling as he performed the move. The thug’s blaster discharged multiple times, with the muzzle aimed at his head. The hallway was lit with red blaster bolts as he shot, accompanied by a series of loud cracks echoing from the walls around them. The blaster bolts ricochet off his helmet with a sharp whine, sparks splashing off his helmet as the bolts connected. The Mandalorian slightly recoiled his head backwards instinctively, but he was quick to recover from it. He grabbed the thug by the throat, lifting his head closer to him as he raised his own backwards, preparing to deliver a
kov’nyn. The Mandalorian crashed his head down at the thug’s face full force a moment later. The thug’s nose crumbled on his faceplate, splattering his blood all over his visor and faceplate. The thug’s body went limp, seemingly going unconscious from the blow. He stood up from the thug’s chest slowly, his kama flowing softly. He walked over the thug’s unconscious body and continued to ascend the staircase. He was one level below the Office Complex. He kept his pistol raised as he cleared the angles while he made his way up.

He reached the Office Complex now. He turned to his right and saw a human silhouette on a crouched stance by a wall, close to the door opening into the office inside. Out of instinct, he would’ve shot at the silhouette, but his training stopped him. He was quick to identify the silhouette as Dominik. Upon identifying him, he swiftly lifted his trigger finger from the hair trigger. He lowered his A-180 as he approached Dominik slowly, hugging the wall to his right. He didn’t want to make a sound to alert his bounty of their presence just yet. He could hear sobbing and pleading coming from the office, followed by loud shouting of a man. <That must be Braorla.> [“I take it we have an active hostage situation in our hands?”] He whispered at Dominik. It sure sounded like one, judging from a number of different voices sobbing and pleading.

Last edited:
I heard heavy footsteps come from around the corner. Normally I had would turned to shoot at it and some of my nerves screeched at me to listen to them. However, none of the gangsters had sounded that heavy. Either one particular member had armor, was an overweight alien of some strange shark race(I had met one of them, they're heavy), or this was Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla . I kept my eyes on the door as he approached and whispered to me. I nodded to his question.

"Target's got a gun to a woman's head." I whispered back. "He's twitchy and given your info, won't hesitate to kill her. Now as much as that is a losing proposition for him, I bet he'd pull the trigger just to spite us. I'd shoot him in the face if I could and save her, but we need him alive, right?" I shook my head hopelessly. "We either take a blind chance by shooting his legs out and hope he doesn't twitch the wrong way, or we trust the Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri to work this out herself."

Kuxirra narrowed her eyes. "I said..." she bared her teeth angrily, allowing the man to see her fangs. "Let. Her. Go." Her facial expression showed anger, yet her eyes held empathy for these hostages. The Togruta felt the skinned man's life bleed out and tried to keep her composure, but as she felt him die, the Padawan closed her eyes and allowed a tear to slide down her face. "Please," she said softly, her voice cracking. "Just let them go." Her voice was pleading, as if she was afraid. But she wasn't afraid, only grieving over the loss of a person.

Sorry for the late reply guys!

The Mandalorian weighed his options in his mind regarding the current situation inside. He couldn’t trust the kid to handle the situation. After all, she was just a kid. He heard the way she spoke to the hostage taker. There was -naturally- anger in her voice. The way she spoke, the way she let her feelings take control could endanger the lives of others in that room. She could scare the hostage taker to do something rather unsavory. She wasn’t as detached from her feelings as he was. Even then, he wasn’t wholly detached from his feelings on the job, himself. He had his own moments, albeit rare.

"We either take a blind chance by shooting his legs out and hope he doesn't twitch the wrong way, or we trust the Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri to work this out herself."

He weighed more towards an intervention, an armed response. What Dominik said was doable, but left much to chance. But he had an idea of his own. He could throw a Flash Grenade inside, shoot the blaster out of Braorla’s hand and tackle him down afterwards. That sounded like a good idea. Though the deafening bang and the blinding flash would certainly cause discomfort to anyone exposed to it. They would certainly be frightened as well. <Well… beats being six feet under at the end of the day.> He thought to himself as he retrieved a Flash Grenade from his grenade bandolier slung over his chestplate. The big Mandalorian tapped Dominik’s shoulder to get his attention. Upon turning around, Dominik would see Kranak holding a Flash Grenade on his left hand, with his A-180 on a high ready position. [“I say we breach and clear it,”] he said, whispering [“I think I can shoot his blaster off his hand. I don’t think our young friend in there can handle a situation like this just yet. Unless you have any ideas, I say we breach the room with a Flash Grenade.”] They needed to act, and fast. He assumed Braorla wouldn’t kill his hostage, considering the hostage was the only thing between him and the young girl, but you’d never know. Maybe his decision was not the right one. Maybe a civilian would get hurt, or worse, die. But he did not have a lot of options at the time, and felt like doing nothing or taking too long would be worse than making the wrong decision. Not to mention there was a man in there, skinned alive. His condition worsening as the time passed.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned. Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla 's idea wasn't bad. I listened to the girl ask once more for Lipwhi to let them go and shook his head. She was going to the grave fast, and taking at least two others with her. I looked at Kranak in the eyes best I could through his helmet and nodded. "Breach and clear. You toss and move in. If he points his gun our way and fires, he'll hit your armor. I'll focus on hitting his hand." I readied the borrowed blaster.

"On my mark."
I whispered, taking the lead while standing to move behind the Mandalorian. I made sure the weapon was clear and ready to fire. "Mark!"

Name: Braorla Lipwhi
Objective: Escape from the Factory
Equipment: Defender Sporting Blaster Pistol, 1x Commlink, Simple Clothing

"I said..." she bared her teeth angrily, allowing the man to see her fangs. "Let. Her. Go." Her facial expression showed anger..”
The thug could see her bared teeth as she threatened him, and caught a glimpse of her fangs. He was more afraid for his life now, but his fear would soon turn to joy. At least he had the advantage over her! He was armed with a blaster pistol and holding a hostage as a meat shield! There was only one exit to the room, and she was standing between him and the path. She wouldn’t dare to make a move on him and risk the life of the hostage, he assumed.

He would start to slowly make his way towards the exit with his hostage -still held on a choke hold- as he kept his blaster trained on the Togruta. But before he could even move, he caught the glimpse of a tall silhouette right outside of the room by the entrance. He aimed his blaster at the silhouette in a reaction, but before he could identify who it was, the silhouette disappeared. But he caught the glimpse of a cylindrical device thrown into the room. The device bounced on the ground and landed four feet in front of him. What followed very soon after was probably the loudest noise he heard in his life, accompanied with a bright, blinding flash. He fired off his blaster at the silhouette he saw earlier while blinded, not knowing if he scored a hit on anyone or not. Mere moments later, he would feel a blaster bolt burning his right hand, followed by a hard hitting jab square on his face that would knock him down cold.

---

"On my mark." I whispered, taking the lead while standing to move behind the Mandalorian. I made sure the weapon was clear and ready to fire. "Mark!"
With a slight nod, pressing on the small red circular pressure plate at the top, The Mandalorian primed the Flash Grenade when Dominik mark. He threw the grenade into the room as he peeked around the door frame of the Office. While chucking the grenade into the room, he saw the man direct his attention -and his blaster- towards him. The Mandalorian was quick to get behind cover after throwing in the Flash Grenade. Braorla hadn’t had the time to react to the Flash Grenade that landed four feet in front of him. A deafening bang echoed in the room and reached the hallway right outside the Office, accompanied with a bright, blinding flash. He wasn’t blinded by the flash as nothing in the room reflected the light back at him. But despite the ear protection his helmet provided, the sound was considerably loud, but not loud enough to momentarily deafen him. He would hear the gut-wrenching screams of the frightened hostages until they were calmed down.

Quickly moving in, the big Mandalorian rushed into the room first as planned. His beskar’gam would catch a blaster bolt or two, while the others missed and struck the walls and the ceiling. Upon Braorla’s blaster was shot out of his hand, The Mandalorian would rush the hostage taker and knock him down with a powerful jab right on his nose with his left hand, all the while ripping the frightened hostage out of Braorla’s choke hold with his right hand. He would breathe a sigh of relief while he handcuffed his now unconscious bounty.

Kuxirra saw the motion in her peripheral vision. When the cylinder bounced into the room, she clapped her hands over her montrals and squeezed her eyes shut, recognizing the object as a flashbang. Even so, the sound left a ringing in her montrals. Hearing the panicked screams, she made her way to the people to help calm them

I watched as Kranak tossed in the flashbang, and realized right as it clattered on the floor that I had no protection. I had worn armor most missions with helmets to protect my senses from such devices. But here I was without anything. I was so glad that I was outside of the room. Even though I wasn't in the direct path of the blast, I shut my eyes and covered my ears while turning away. I recognized the sound of the blast, sending my ears ringing but my eyes were fine.

I spun back around, keeping behind the Mandalorian as his armor protected us. I took a step to the side, knowing that the man was blind, and fired once at his extended hand holding the blaster. His hand turned to black as the blaster burned it, and the gun dropped to the floor. With satisfaction, I watched Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla take the hostage out of the man's hands and beat him to the ground. I collected the woman and held her still. The flashbang would have gotten her too, and she could fall without support. I lowered her to the ground before going over to the padawan.

I didn't bother speaking, as both of our ears were compromised and would have to shout to hear each other. I simply raised an eyebrow and inclined my head to her, asking if she was ok.

Local Time: 21:47
Secondary Objective: Stabilize the Wounded Togruta Male

The Mandalorian was crouched over the unconscious body of his bounty while he was hand-cuffing him. He could barely hear the crisp sound of cuffing Braorla with his zip-tie hand-cuffs, as the big Mandalorian’s ears were ringing from the flash grenade’s deafening effects. While he had sound dampeners installed into his buy’ce to negate such problematic effects, the sound was way too loud to suppress all of the sound. He stood up and turned his attention to Kuxirra, Dominik and the hostages. Kuxirra was trying to calm down the hostages while Dominik stood next to her, his face turned towards Kuxirra with an inquiring facial expression, probably making sure if the young one wasn’t affected too badly from the Flash Grenade. Kranak quickly holstered his blaster pistol and reached for his ECM-598 Medical Backpack to begin treating the skinned Togruta male. He walked quickly towards the Togruta male and crouched next to him, setting his backpack besides him. But they would first need to make sure the area was fully secured. [“Dominik, can you pull security while I treat this man?”] he inquired. Dominik was silent to his inquiry, however. He then remembered he was probably deafened temporarily from the Flash Grenade. Upon realising that,he waved his left hand towards Dominik to get his attention. When the former agent turned towards him, Dominik would see the Mandalorian tapping the back of his buy’ce with his flat palm, signalling the man to cover him.

After making sure someone was watching their backs, he quickly started to unpack his medical tools for treatment. He unpacked a number of bacta patches, a Hemosponge, a Field Cauterizer, a shot of Symoxin and a pair of blue surgical gloves. He wore the gloves with haste and started working on the Togruta male. His injuries were severe and he was in immeasurable pain. The man was skinned from the waist above. There were small to large patches of health skin left here and there, but in some parts the bloody flesh was clearly visible. The man was gasping and occasionally screaming from the pain. He hoped the young Padawan was also temporarily deafened and not hearing the gut wrenching cries of the man.

From the man’s left arm, the Mandalorian injected a shot of Symoxin to the patient for pain relief before he began his work. The Togruta’s facial expressions no longer appeared to be in severe pain, but he would occasionally grimace from the medical procedure. He used his Field Cauterizer to disinfect his wounds and close off any type of localized hemorrhage with the device after soaking up most of the blood with his Hemosponge. The process took about ten minutes to complete. He then applied a number of pacta patches on the closed up wounds before he slowly turned him to his side to see if the man was skinned on his back. Anger washed over the big guy when he gazed upon the Togruta’s wounds on his back. ["Chakaare..."] He cursed at the gangsters in anger. His wounds were more severe on his back. There weren’t any patches of healthy skin left on his back. This man would need skin grafts to make a full recovery, but he did not have the equipment to fully treat the man’s injuries, but he could buy him time until he was dispatched to the next level of medical care. He would use his Field Cauterizer to disinfect and close up wounds with active hemorrhages, after using his Hemosponge to soak up the man’s blood to see the wounds better. It would take slightly more to treat his back. When he was done with disinfecting and closing up the wounds, he would apply bacta patches on the closed wounds. But he was not yet done with the patient. He was unsure for how long the man was in his wounded state. By the looks of the man’s blood loss, he estimated he’d been left to die for a shy of an hour. The hemorrhage was generally not so severe, but he was in danger of going into a hypovolemic shock from the amount of the blood loss.The man was also in danger of hypothermia as a result of the blood loss. He extended his right hand towards his medical backpack, reaching for a quick warming blanket. He pulled it out of his backpack and quickly unpacked it and laid it down on the bloodied floor. He laid the patient on the blanket and wrapped him with it, only exposing his left arm. He then reached for an IV bag of crystalloid fluids and the necessary components to administer the fluid to the patient- to increase the intravascular volume of the patient. He held the IV bag on his right arm and raised it above his head. He reached for a Medisensor and scanned the patient’s vital signs using the device, thus keeping an eye on the man’s vitals.

He was closely reading the patient’s vitals for a little over five minutes now. So far the vitals were within acceptable parameters. He was stabilized and was no longer under the threat of entering hypothermia. He lowered the Medisensor on his left hand and put it on the ground to tap Kuxirra on the shoulder. Once she’d turn to look at the Mandalorian, he would hand her the IV bag and have her raise it above her head when she was crouched over the patient. They would need EMT’s dispatched here to get the man to a medical facility, and most certainly a form of CSF presence here in the facility. He stood up and looked for a desk commlink in the cubicles. He found one in the first office cubicle he entered. He reached for the commlink and dialed for the emergency number, but it was of no use. The call was put on hold, presumably indefinitely. He would then try to call the emergency number using his built-in-commlink in his buy'ce, but he got the same results with the desk commlink. “Strange.” he thought to himself. He had no issues using his own commlink with the both Kuxirra and Dominik. Then it had to be some form of selective jamming. “Has to be the handy work of a Slicer, or some form of jamming equipment.” he thought to himself as he turned towards the entrance of the Office. He unholstered his A-180 from his left Kama holster and walked past Dominik, keeping the pistol on a high ready stance as he walked past. He would need to look for a communications room of some sort and see if he could remove or negate whatever is blocking the communications in and out of the facility.

---

It didn’t take him too long to stumble upon the communications room after cautiously traversing the facility as he kept his eyes open for any threats. He was next to a seemingly metallic, locked push door, with “Communications Room” on the door. There weren’t any windows or openings he could use to see into the room. This had to be it. The big guy stepped away to get enough distance to land a kick. He aimed his kick near the locking mechanism to bust open the door. He put some force behind his kick and once the kick landed, the door violently swung open to the left. He had immediately raised his A-180 as soon as he kicked open the door for any potential hostiles. The room was only lit by the flickering lights of the server farms and communications equipment in the room. He gently lowered his Rangefinder with his right hand and went inside the room. It was a center fed room. Upon clearing his immediate front angles he would pie the angles to his right and left. Upon making sure it was clear, he used the door as a form of cover while he cleared the corner to his right upon making entry into the room. Clear. He checked the corner to the left -behind him- and found no contacts. He walked in a combat stance by the wall clearing the rest of the room. It was clear. “What’s left of the thugs must’ve ran away from the facility, then.” He walked back towards the door and closed it just in case. Now he could try to find what was blocking the communications. It took the Mandalorian a few moments to find what was causing the problem. He was right with his previous assessment. He was looking at a black rectangle inside a briefcase with wires and antennas sticking out of it. It was a form of jamming device attached to the communications equipment of the facility, blocking selected frequencies from reaching any communications devices in the facility. He aimed his blaster and gently pulled the trigger. A red blaster bolt lit up the room for less than half a second and destroyed the jamming equipment. He tried to dial the emergency number on his built-in-commlink again. It worked this time. After calling the CSF, he exited the room and would return to the Office Complex. Once returning. he hoped Dominik and Kuxirra could read his lips. He would take off his helmet after holstering his blaster pistol and say “Help is on the way.”

Last edited:
As Dominik Borra Dominik Borra raised an eyebrow, Kuxirra nodded. When Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla tapped her shoulder, she turned, and when he indicated she hold it above her head as she crouched, she did so, closing her eyes as she recalled a vague memory from when she was a baby: a melody. A lullaby. She didn't know the words, but she knew it to be a soothing song. So the Padawan hummed it, even though she could barely hear her own voice and she doubted no one else could. As the young Togruta hummed, she reached out with the Force, projecting calm, to calm the hostages, the man, and herself. When she sensed the Mandalorian's return, she opened her eyes and turned to him, nodding in relief as she read his lips.

After Kuxirra confirmed that she was alright, I turned to the waving hand in his vision to face the Mandalorian. I understood the motion instantly, nodding as I readied my weapon. I walked around to the windows in the office, eyes scanning carefully for any movement. I saw a few of them, most running away. One was running for the loading area, for the truck full of goods, and I quickly aimed and fired into his back. The rest of the roaches scattered. Seemed that not many of them held a lot of love for their leader.

I looked back to see the Mandalorian pulling out an entire hospital out of his packs to help the man. I grimaced as I saw the man fully now. I knew how to take out slugs and treat blaster burns, how to stitch up a wound and disinfect and so forth, but that man would have been deemed dead if I was the one operating on him. A euthanization would be the best course of action if medical staff didn't get here in time. I couldn't help but smile a little. One of them had come. Good man.

I watched as Kranak tried a comm, but got no luck. My ears were still ringing, fading now, and guessed that he was moving to get rid of any jamming device they were using. Otherwise, the CSF would already have arrived. I continued to secure the office, hearing a single blaster fire go off where Kranak went. I redied the A-180 and moved towards the door he exited but he soon came back. I lowered my weapon as he took off his helmet and read his lips.

I nodded before thinking what to do after this. I felt natural when given a mission, a task, to do. It felt good. But after this, what came next? I had been reminded of my stash here on Coruscant, so that was something on my list to check off. But in the long run, what would I do...?

3oIWNfM.png

THE CONTRACT

Local Time: 21:49
Secondary Objective: Stabilize the Wounded Togruta Male

tQcpQG0.png

It wouldn’t take long for the Coruscant Security Force to arrive at the scene, now that they were called to the facility. The big guy would of course had to stay at the facility and await their arrival to turn in his bounty, but the others? Kuxirra would be fine if she was to be questioned, but it was safe to assume the same could not be said for Dominik.

Maybe they could find out who he really was. It wouldn’t be safe for him to stick around here any longer, Kranak assumed.

“You better get out of here,” Kranak said, looking at the former Agent. “It would be unwise for you to stick around here any longer. Meet me at Lera’s Bar, where we discussed the job. I should be there in the next hour or two.” It was safe to assume he’d be stuck in a precinct for a little while, waiting for the CSF paperwork to get done regarding the events that unfolded in the facility.

He turned his attention to the kid now.
“You can go with him if you’d like, or stay here with me. Up to you, kid.” The giant Ori’ramikad said, while he reached for a tactical combat care card to fill out for the skinned Togruta man from earlier.

The Baar’ur crouched next to the stabilized Togruta and started to fill out the card. He noted down the patient’s gender, his blood type, the time and date of his injury, his mechanism of injury, where he specifically was injured, his current pulse, blood pressure, respiratory rate, pain scale, and the procedure he applied for the man’s stabilization. He couldn’t fill out the name portion of the card as the patient was not in a condition to speak.

Kranak set the card on the man’s chest, over his blanket. The giant then reached for his helmet and wore it; the helmet pressurized itself not a moment later with a gentle hiss after the giant wore it.

He could hear the sharp sirens of CSF patrol cars and an ambulance in the distance. They would reach the facility soon.

UeJaBns.png

Last edited:
What Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla was saying was true. I should be leaving. Any credentials I did have would likely put me at a few dozen crime scenes, all at least a decade or two old. Even if the CSF didn't get those, me having no credentials at all would be a problem. All around, I couldn't stay. Not that I wanted to. And there was a whole truck full of weapons that could be useful in the future. I had my stash, but you could never have enough firepower.

"Comin', kid?" I asked Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri Kuxirra Tano-Bonteri before handing the Mandalorian his weapons back. Whether she did or not was up to her, and I wouldn't mind the kid tagging along.

I quickly moved down to the loading bay to the vehicle, shut the cargo door of the factory and for the truck, and hopped into the driver's seat. It rumbled to life like any large machine ready to haul heavy loads, and without turning my lights on, I pulled out and headed down a few streets towards another factory before starting my ascent into the airspace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom