Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private CSF Contract

3oIWNfM.png

THE CONTRACT

Local Time: 00:24
Date: -DATA CORRUPTED-
Primary Objective: Give Dominik’s Share of the Bounty Reward.
Secondary Objective: Get Some R&R.
Equipment: Loadout 1
Tags: Dominik Borra Dominik Borra

tQcpQG0.png

He had got out of the precinct with his gear not too long ago after providing the Coruscant Security Force his testimony regarding what had transpired in the BlasTech factory. The paperwork took a bit too long, but he wasn’t in any trouble; in fact, he was rewarded appropriately for handling the bounty on Braorla Lipwhi. He also received a bonus for defusing a small hostage situation that involved the lives of BlasTech staff. He had also heard that the skinned Togruta’s condition improved after he was promptly admitted to a hospital as soon as the EMT’s arrived alongside the dispatched CSF personnel. Though he hadn’t told CSF anything regarding Dominik’s involvement in all of this, knowing he was a Sith Assassin once.

But he hadn’t done any of it all by himself, not this time. He had help from both the young Jetii and the Ex-Agent. Maybe without their help, this job would have been much, much messier for his liking. The hunt had went smoothly thanks to their cooperation, and for that he owed them.

The giant Mandalorian ducked his head forward slightly as he walked inside the bar in order to not hit his head on the door’s upper frame. It was coming close to the bar’s rush hours at this time. Unlike a few hours from before when they had settled down earlier, the bar was teeming with activity. People with various backgrounds were smoking, drinking, talking and laughing together in the bar; accompanied with a fine selection of music in the background.

His gaze darted around from table to table, scanning their occupants while attempting to locate Dominik to give him his share of the bounty reward. He would not blame him if the man had decided not to show up, considering his past. Despite having very few cantinas he visited from time to time for work in the galaxy, the Mandalorian didn’t like hanging around the same place more than once himself, if it wasn’t necessary.

UeJaBns.png

I had stashed the truck somewhere safe for the time being. You'd be surprised how many nooks and crannies can fit a cargo truck on a city world like Coruscant. They're everywhere, and nobody quite cares unless it's blocking a door. Once they were hidden and I had checked for any trackers on the vehicle itself in case of robbery, I headed towards the cantina that the Mando and I had discussed the job in.

I was there first, and the rush hour was just starting. I was able to get a table in the back and took the seat facing the door, though a pillar in the room blocked sight of most of my body. One eye exposed to the door, I ordered what we had gotten beforehand and watched everyone come in. I wasn't doing this because I was paranoid or scared or expecting trouble. It was purely habit, instinctual drives to watch points of entry and windows, minimize chances of unexpected threats, and deal with them before they knew about you. But I never let that seep into my posture. Workers can tell when a customer is being shifty or isn't there to eat food. They pay attention and memorize details about people like that in case criminals or cops came asking. So as much as I was watching the room I didn't make a show of it, instead playing with a salt shaker and letting tension out of my shoulders and back.

Before too much longer, Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla entered and I leaned over slightly, exposing the whole of my face to the Mandolorian. He had sharp eyes, or should have them anyway for how he fought and fixed injuries. I wouldn't need to call out or wave to him.

One might wonder why I even showed up for payment, why take the risk of being in the same place twice? Well, it was more than likely that absolutely everybody that did know about me was dead, or was convinced that I was. Nobody would be looking for me. Besides, I would still need cash, and I just did a job. Almost got killed a handful of times. I deserved that money, even though I already took far more than my payment in weapons and ammo already.

The food was already on the table and I had snacked on it a little, keeping up the look of someone waiting for a friend to show up.

3oIWNfM.png

THE CONTRACT

Local Time: 00:25
Secondary Objective: Get Some R&R.
Tags: Dominik Borra Dominik Borra

tQcpQG0.png

The sudden movement from behind one of the pillars drew the Mandalorians attention towards the back left corner of the bar. It was the agent, looking at him. Kranak greeted him with an upwards nod as he walked toward his table the former agent was seated at. His armored boots resounded in the bar with a muffled clang as the giant walked; his long black Kama streamed gently, in unison with the Mandalorians movement.

[“I thought you’d be gone by now! Hah.”] said Kranak, light heartedly. The Mandalorian removed his backpack from his back and placed it between his legs. The giant continued to speak after he heaved a sigh. [“Sorry for being a little late. The CSF took their time with the paperwork. You know how it is.”] It only had been about thirty minutes since he left the precinct. He assumed the ordeal wouldn't have taken more than an hour.

Kranak then reached for a pouch in one of his many pockets with his right hand and took it out. The credits within jingled as he did.
[“So, what’s your next move?”] Kranak asked as he recounted the amount of credits for the fifth time in the pouch. <He took a literal truck load of weapons and ammunition. He had to have something in mind.> He thought to himself as he counted the credits. The Mandalorian wondered if Dominik had a set goal in mind, something he wanted to achieve.

He’d be giving Dominik a large share of the bounty reward. The Mandalorian had already taken his share of the reward. His share was more than enough to cover the cost of the ammunition he used throughout the bounty. He hadn’t taken the job for the money, anyway. It was just something to keep himself occupied until he could find himself a better, more dangerous bounty mission. He mostly didn’t care about the contract payout. Credits wasn't really his motive after all.

UeJaBns.png

I grunted with his excuse for taking so long. Not that his excuse wasn't valid, it was because it was valid, and I had had the same issues before. Though a lot of times when I left a police station, it was with a lot of people groaning on the floor. "I gotchya. CSF can be slow sometimes." I said and watched him count the credits before asking him a question and passing the money over. I took the money and sighed. This was the part where I normally just got up and walked away. But I was tired, exhausted, and hadn't eaten much. Better to stay and eat. Where was I going to storm off to anyway?

I let out a sigh. "Kranak... I'm going to be straight with you. I have no clue." I played with the pouch of credits. "I told you before what I was and how I was in a bacta tank for ten years. Everyone I knew is gone in one way or another. I'm used to doing tasks, operations, jobs. Like the one we just did." I cracked a thin smile at one corner of my mouth. "Made me feel like my old self again." The smile disappeared. "I just wish I could change. My training and instincts tell me to reestablish contacts throughout the system, but for what purpose?"

I went silent for a moment. "I was planning to drink myself to death until that Padawan showed up and stopped me. Then you came along, offered a job, and I don't feel like doing that anymore." I leaned back in my seat. "I've always been partial to the Jedi, but I don't exactly have a stellar reputation with them in their archives, and I don't have a connection to the Force." I thought out loud.

Kranak Vizsla Kranak Vizsla

3oIWNfM.png

THE CONTRACT

Local Time: 00:25
Secondary Objective: N/A
Tags:

tQcpQG0.png

He pushed the pouch full of credits towards Dominik when he was finished counting the cash for the final time as he listened to the old man.

"Kranak... I'm going to be straight with you. I have no clue."
I played with the pouch of credits.
"I told you before what I was and how I was in a bacta tank for ten years. Everyone I knew is gone in one way or another. I'm used to doing tasks, operations, jobs. Like the one we just did."
I cracked a thin smile at one corner of my mouth.
"Made me feel like my old self again."
The smile disappeared.
"I just wish I could change. My training and instincts tell me to reestablish contacts throughout the system, but for what purpose?"

The Ori’ramikad lowered his head in response, staring at the table during the silence that ensued after Dominik’s words. The Mandalorian’s grim facial expression was hidden underneath his helmet as he momentarily lost himself in thought. Kranak put himself in his shoes at the moment, thinking what he would do if he was in the same situation as Dominik. All of your friends and those he called family were either dead or nowhere to be found, while you were left to rot inside some bacta tank in who knows where. All he had left would be the Resol’nare. He would try to foster a Foundling to preserve the Vizsla line.

But Dominik did not even have that. He most certainly was between a rock and a hard place. Kranak assumed Dominik would need something to do until he could fully figure out what he wanted to do with his life. He lifted his head slowly and looked at Dominik as he continued to speak.

I went silent for a moment.
"I was planning to drink myself to death until that Padawan showed up and stopped me. Then you came along, offered a job, and I don't feel like doing that anymore."
I leaned back in my seat.
"I've always been partial to the Jedi, but I don't exactly have a stellar reputation with them in their archives, and I don't have a connection to the Force."
I thought out loud.

[“Well… you could try bounty hunting before you can get your bearings.”] Kranak leaned forward on the table with his arms crossed as he spoke. [“A man of your skills would most certainly be able to find a job in that sector.”] He wasn’t sure if he’d follow through with that, though. Maybe the old man would retire in a forgotten, peaceful corner of the galaxy and spend his remaining days there in serenity. Or maybe he’d take up bounty hunting for a while to make a living and try to find his purpose once more.

But at least it was good to hear that he won’t be taking up heavy drinking again any time soon.

The giant went silent for a few seconds before speaking again.
[“Tell you what,”] the Ori’ramikad reached for his backpack between his legs as he stood up from the table. He was getting ready to leave. He’d be getting some rest before going out into the vast galaxy to find another bounty contract to turn in.

[“If you need help with… well, anything; you have the frequency to my personal commlink channel. As long as you have a strong enough transmitter, and as long as I’m not in a place with a bad signal connection, you can reach out to me at any time.”] There was a short moment of silence while he was putting on his backpack.

[“I hope to see you again some day. Farewell, Dominik.”] said Kranak, with a nod at him before turning towards the bar’s exit to depart from the bar. If he requested assistance from him at any point, the giant would not be hesitating to help out the old man. What he said was a promise, after all. And a true Mandalorian would never go back on one's word.

UeJaBns.png

Bounty Hunting. There was a thought. But that only had very short term goals, and I knew that world was cutthroat through and through. No trusting anybody, no real progression. Plus I'd be an older guy joining a young person's club. Not that I wasn't capable of handling any of them, it just sounded like entirely more work than it was worth. I shook my head slightly after thinking about it.

Then the big guy offered help at any time via his comm link channel. That was something I hadn't gotten in a while, trust. Here was a guy I could have watching his back. I would definitely cash in this chip when it was needed.

Then the man was saying farewell, And I nodded back to him. "I hope to see you too, Kranak. Farewell." I said as he left. I watched him until I couldn't anymore, then sighed. He hadn't eaten any of the food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom