Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junction Crisis on Kuat Part I - Sedition | NIO - Euceron GA - Myomar

CRISIS ON KUAT (PART. I)
• • •

OBJECTIVE II | JOIN OR DIE
OPPOSING | GALACTIC ALLIANCE
PINGS |
NIO | GA | Thane Thane Atticus Draco Atticus Draco Iseri Tanaka Iseri Tanaka Rexus Wenck Rexus Wenck Iris Arani Iris Arani Monos Monos Djorn Bline Djorn Bline Phaineve Halseigh Phaineve Halseigh Jordi Massad Jordi Massad Zav Traros Zav Traros Jax Thio Jax Thio
X5Yx2PB.png

IMPERIAL SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND
IMPERIAL VANGUARD
| EMPIRE OF THE AND
SUPPORTING | KUATI MILITIA

X5Yx2PB.png

<EQUIPMENT: SRK-65 PARTICLE-BEAM RIFLE — AP-25i 'SIMP' PARTICLE-BEAM BLASTER — EXPLOSIVE & ORDINANCE GEAR — VIBRO-KNIFE — THERMAL DETONATORS>
•••
<CODE NAME:
PULSAR>
•••

<THE CHISS & THE ZABRAK: HERE'S A NEW CHALLENGER — PROLOGUE>
A lot of soldiers’ couples were here waiting for the beginning of the meeting. “What a meeting,” Dokal thought. Here was all his group, the 4th one. Most of the time, they weren’t supposed to meet, talk about the missions they got, but this one would be pretty important for IMPSOC and Imperial support. They had already received a preliminary briefing on their datapads twenty-four hours ago, and they all knew that this operation would certainly be different than a commando’s one. Here, the tension was big, but nothing compared to the battlefield.

An officer entered the room, standing behind the holotable. He pushed the buttons and a holographic representation of Kuat appeared, and the pairs of commandos and advisors moved closer to the lieutenant. “Listen up everyone, here’s the place of your next mission. I think you’ve already read the pre-brief we sent you a day ago but, for the lazy, you’ve t’know that the situation on Kuat is very very bad… for the Alliance, by the way,” he quickly smirked before saying, “your job on this planet will be different than usually. This is neither a commando ops, nor a support mission, but a militia one. Yes, you’ve well understood: you’ll act as a militia. Actually, there’s a militia on Kuat, but their men are not armed and they are not soldiers at all. So you must take and bring them to the state of soldiers. Any questions?”

Dokal smiled, happy to see what the mission looked like. “Do you think that we’re gonna beat some Warhogs? — Don’t know but I won’t, for sure.” A commando raised his hand. He was a human, a human among near-humans — they were rare in the 4th Group. “Concerning the equipment, sir… — Ah, yes, I almost forgot that: no Imperial gear. This includes your armors and your special armament. You’ll only have classic rifles and blasters. And tactical vests, by the way, but you’ll have to look like any Kuati militiamen, except the fact you’re a little better than the others,” the lieutenant smirked. “More questions?” Nobody raised his hand. The officer nodded and then finally said: “C’mon boys! This is your day, dropping in four hours!” and the group disappeared in the corridors, going to their quarters to prepare for this operation.
X5Yx2PB.png
<THE CHISS & THE ZABRAK: HERE'S A NEW CHALLENGER — PART. I>
Five days later, Dokal had integrated a militia as the leader of a small task force made of Kuatis. During five days, she trained her new militia as hard as she could, trying to make soldiers of them. Fortunately, they did not start from nothing: they knew how to shoot, how to launch grenades and, most importantly, they knew how to spark a cigarette. The men really liked Dokal, and it was a pleasure for them to lend their lighter, and the Chiss was amused by this. But before all, they were under her responsibility, and she had to take care of them, no matter how they behaved with her. Maybe they would die, but maybe not. Nobody knew…

She took a cigarette in her pouch. “Leeet’s go for another day! — Ah, Shorty, you’re here… — Ye-eah, blue-girl, it’s time to take my service! Everything’s okay? — I think so. Any information from the headquarters? — Nothing since last evening, but be sure that you would be informed, as always. You can rely on me. — I know. — How is the militia going? — Well, fine. For the moment. It’s truly stressful for me, but they’re holdin’ up, maybe better than me. — Good, good. News about the other commandos? — Yeah, I met Enth-Actual last night. They stay tuned. Probably waintin’ for orders… — That’s great. The Ghost Vipers are conducting an operation in Kuati forests, but no more about them. Y’know, black ops.”

Dokal nodded. She knew how those troops operated. Alone. Their guns were their best friends. In a way, she was like them. But she had Hukor. He was the most important person in her life. Since Csilla. Since the Ascendancy. She took her datapad, looking for information about COMPNOR’s operatives, but nothing new for the moment. Not even a single piece of news. She sighed, sad because of Csilla, and her family that she left behind her. The Alliance should pay for its crimes, for what it did. Especially the Warhogs, those… She did not have the word.

“Sir?”

She turned her head.

“Yes? — Who is he? — A militiaman. — We have to move, sir. The command is calling us. — A brief? — A brief? — Don’t know. — They’re preparin’ something, sir. The Alliance is gonna fall from his chair. — Y’know how to get me, trooper. — Dokal… — Let’s move. — Yessir!”

kuat_1_obj_1.png

S A R G E
501st LEGION
IMPERIAL SPECIAL FORCES
SCAR SQUADRON

N5cG5gd.png
"Hit."

"Eighteen."

"End."

"You sure?"

"Hey, c'mon, Sarge. We're not playin' Senate rules - just deal silent."

"Geez, Hoax, didn't know you were so worried over fifty creds."

Sarge pointed at Hoax with his eyebrows, the cigarette still stuck on his lips, "Nineteen."

"Money's money, Cat. And knowing you - I'm probably trying to win back what you've snatched from me while I was sleepin'" Hoax muttered, then nodded at his commander, "Stand."

Sarge drew a card and slid it face up on the table, "Twenty."

"HUH?! Out of-- how-- how the hell do you draw two?? I counted!! Man, this game is rigged."

"C'mon. You playin' something or does she get the round?"

"Yeah, I'm--"

Beep, beep. Beep, beep. Beep, beep.

All eyes turned to the flashing terminal. The sergeant waved the cloud of smoke from his eyes, extinguished his cigarette, and stood up from his seat on the weapons cache.

"Game's over."

"Over? Sarge, I was winning! Just leave the cards as they--" Cat's words trailed off as the commander packed the cards together and set them aside.

"Heh. Maybe next time, Kittycat." Hoax chuckled triumphantly and she shot daggers at him. Yeah, she was gonna pickpocket his fifty creds tonight that was for sure.

"Something went up in the room. Nothing that was found when we swept the place." Sarge remarked as he placed his hands on the terminal, scanning the data running on the screen, "It's pinging multiple places across the city."

"Hoax, you were signals when you were a grunt, right?"

"For a time. Yes."

Cat snickered, "Could only imagine why it was 'for a 'time'"

"Look, it's not a conspiracy when I've got proof - Gat Tambor runs the Empire, I'm tellin' ya. Why do you think he's part of the Imperial envoys here?"

"Uhhh, I don't know? Maybe... he's got business interests? You thought about?" she replied, sarcasm dripping down her lips.

"Cut it. Hoax, you wanna tell me what I'm looking at?... in the Emperor's tongue." the Sergeant gestured at the screen.

"Sure, Sir. Gimme a sec." Hoax nodded and slid past the commander, honing in on the running feedback. "Yeah, that's a, uh, transmitter. Most likely a recording device. The pinging? That's a common trick intels do to throw off any tail. ISB does it too. See?" he pointed at the screen, "It's transmitting to a dozen different spots and only one's the real one. Rest are phony."

"Alright, you're gonna run overwatch here for us - get to filtering the real from the fakes and ring the news up the stairs, let the Grand Admiral Caarlyle Rausgeber Caarlyle Rausgeber know." Sarge ordered and picked his helmet from the nearby rack. "Cat, we're going out. We'll split the locations. Take east, I'll take west. We'll start out from those nearest to us here and find our way to the real one with Hoax's help."

"Roger, Sir." the two SCAR troopers nodded.

N5cG5gd.png

Months out in the field, in the mud and grime, training the Kuatis Special Services does get one starstruck back in the bustling cities of civilization. Feels a lot like time travel. Like a caveman who woke up one day and an era had gone by. The ears took adapting the worst. It's helluva silent out in the fields even when artillery opens up the ground and firearms spray the woods. That has its pattern, its rhythm - a structure of sorts but the city?

It was chaotic. A cacophony of noises that went high and low and worst of all - constantly. Guns and canons still needed to breathe from time to time but life? Life just didn't stop.

Hal was still not too far from SCAR's covert HQ. The area around was far larger than it looked from the dropship and the phony devices were far more than they seemed on the terminal's screen. And that was with Hoax's expert work in seeding out the fakes.

But Lady of Luck smiled.

The door burst open with a kick and the imposing and notorious white armor of the stormtrooper eclipsed the light from the sun behind. The pistol was locked to stun and leveled at the female figure scurrying around a pile of papers.

"...think I found the rat in the cellar." he said, the grip around the gun tightening, "Hands where I can see them, scum."

Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez
Gat Tambor Gat Tambor Caarlyle Rausgeber Caarlyle Rausgeber

Last edited:

6XOxX65.png

DON BELKORA
COMPNOR
KUAT OP

PlLSsVP.png
Kuat was a planet of contradictions; though a part of alliance space, it remained a strange outpost of Imperialism in a neighbourhood populated by its ideological opposites and enemies. Still, it'd proved an essential source of weaponry and ships for the Orders war effort; Belkora had been to the planet several times, all of which in a hurry as the Tetan could not stand the industrial smoke and smog of the shipyards.

The irony wasn't lost on Belkora as he trudged his way through the tightly packed streets of Kuat, throwing away the remains of his cigarra into a storm drain as he brushed past the throngs of people going about their business. He moved out of the way of a passing security speeder and into an alleyway littered with trash and with graffiti adorning its walls. Filthy, it reminded Belkora all too well of Coruscant and his own home town on Teta. Such places bred tough individuals like himself and equal parts scumbags.

Belkora turned his head sideways and looked down both ends of the alley, making sure he wasn't followed or, at the very least, in the presence of unwanted guests. Once clear, he discreetly pulled out an encrypted communication device, dialling the combo to reach Jordi Massad Jordi Massad .

<<"Little Angel to Scimitar, beware of heavy SIA elements within Kuat, our asset is on the ground, as are other elements and options, proceed carefully over.">>

He switched off the comms carefully; all messages had to be timed and precise to a fault. Any longer, and SIA monitoring stations would pick his location up, zero in on the block and send a few agents and a company of soldiers in support to hunt his ass down. The same had been when their enemy was the Sith; operatives working on Galidraan and other hotspots had to adhere to the same blackout policy and nom de guerres that were used to hide names.

Belkora heard a noise and swivelled around to look Rika Hiro Rika Hiro dead in the replicants cold, unflinching stare, that burned with an almost overwhelming intensity and indifferent hatred. No surprise the replicant had made it before he did, the thing had a knack for that, and was seemingly always efficient in meeting his and the wishes of his superiors.

"You're on time; what of the asset in the SIA?"

TASK FORCE XESH
kuat_1_obj_2.png

j83eXVL.png

THE ILLUSIONIST
KUAT |
DRIVEYARDS | RINGS

Rexus Wenck Rexus Wenck
cvMHV8u.png

ec7grC4.png

A strike was usually used to describe something swift and efficient. When it applied to a working body, the word morphed into something more bloated. Morphed into a lot of coveralls moving from one disgruntled cluster to another, dissuading one another from continuing production.

Maijan, for her part, could have cared less if they worked or not. Not wanting to work was probably the only motivation she wasn’t entirely apathetic toward. But the hierarchy established, that pulled at some of her foundational beliefs and, wouldn’t you know it, the SIA leveraged that fallanassi heritage and plunked her right into a situation where she couldn’t blow anything up. Just..observe and report. Influencing the affairs would be an overreach, so casual agreement and seeding dissent was enough for the ex-pirate.

Honestly, it was easy work. Hardly a job at all. Lucio and Kari did a bang-up job getting enough day-to-day average joes riled up to draw them to a total standstil during a war effort. Production was unequivically demanded, and with the relentlessness of The Brotherhood of The Maw’s attacks and the damages reaped on Adrathorpe, KDY couldn’t afford any stagnation in their output.

The trio of Ingram, Jarlman and Struss’ unionized campaign was lynchpinned at the perfect time. In another universe, they would have been remarkabel crewmen aboard The Undoubtable, pirates of another name.

But their vision was honest. That’s what made their cause spread like a wildfire and get corporate's attention so quickly.

“Forget the transparent salary push, man.” A dark haired human in grey coveralls swatted at another mechanic in the same uniform. “We know baseline it’s not enough, don’t need to sweat the details.”

“I’m just sayin’, they’re already askin’ for so much, what’s one more request on the table?”

The conversation between the two dipped from regular conversation level to something lower than a whisper as someone from the trio made a noise that sounded like demanding attention. The coveralls collected eagerly shifted their focus to random ruminations amongst themselves to hear the progressive updates on the fight for their wages and lifestyle.

“You’rre lucky this negotiation is even getting attention.” Maijan purred, lingering amidst the crowd next to the two who’d been murmuring minutes ago.

“That’s Struss’ sense of timing for ya. Hit ‘em when it hurts so we get attention.”

“Just worrrk on the name. Bad timing for anything Brrotherrhood.”

“Makes it intimidatin’ and endearin’.”

Maijan’s focus had already drifted elsewhere. The current thrummed distantly with a disquieting sense of unease and left the Fallanassi with a frown through her split features. She made a small noise at the back of her throat, before pushing a golden hand forward. The touch was hard, like the metal, and made pushing through the cluster of disgruntled workers toward leadership all the easier than an organic elbower.

kuat_1_obj_2.png

P A G A N
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
IMPERIAL SECURITY BUREAU
FIELD OPERATIONS GROUP
Bodyglove | Vambraces | Tactical Gear | Pistol

N5cG5gd.png

NIGHT VISION
He continued his approach in what he assumed to be uninterrupted stealth...and then...there was music. A Core World classic...one he hated. Those high vocals? Didn't care for them. But the subject of what he was hearing was hardly of concern- it was the 'how'. Immediately, it flicked off a recording of Tusken cries. Goodness, now he wished the music was back on. He'd been detected, somehow. It was no matter- he bared no markings, no trace of his New Imperial identity, as far as anyone could deduce- he was merely an opportunistic criminal. If he was brought in and interrogated, his Chiss origins certainly played into the story, a refugee from the shattering of Csilla who traveled to Kuat in the hopes of steady work only to find himself short of ends meet and utilizes his skill set from the Ascendancy to conduct petty burglary- seeing a media executive as a prime target.

But now wasn't the time to remember his fallback story, he had make sure he never had to use it. Failure should never be the expectation. It became clear, either Verone was in a drunken stupor fumbling with the activation of his aux system as he awoke in the middle of the night...or the mark wasn't here at all. His head immediately snapped side to side to see if there was an immediate origin to the electronic manipulation.

He aimed his vambrace in the direction of the music player, firing out a plasma disruptor into the console to fry the electronics inside and render it silent once more. He was being watched- had to have been. He sent it forward, opening the bedroom to find no one inside, throwing over the sheets and pillows of the bed before leaning down to peer under it before his crimson eyes widened beneath the night vision goggles as soon as he heard the entrance door pry open. He flicked them to thermal before snapping his gaze in the direction of the noise's origin. Through the obstruction of the walls between them, he could see the dancing flicker of a life sign entering the apartment. He kept his pistol trained on its location as he stood next to the edge of the entrance of the bedroom. Waiting out of sight, waiting for the prey to pass when he could seize the initiative and apprehend whoever it was. Backing into the corner, he extended out his arm to aim the vambrace in the direction of the bedroom's entrance- ready to employ any one of the vambrace's several prepared tools mounted to it.

kuat_1_obj_1.png

MARKET SPECULATION
CHANCELLOR’S SUITE // CORUSCANT

Mirana Praji Mirana Praji | Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau | Annasari Annasari | Faith Organa Faith Organa | Alliance Senators

cFh2335.png

The midnight vista of Coruscant presented itself through the floor to ceiling windows that wrapped the Chancellor’s suite. Long since repaired since Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra had breached them in her flight to freedom, the transperisteel sheets offered the occupants of the room an unobstructed view of the Jewel of the Core in all its glory.

And yet, the assembled group found their attention diverted elsewhere.

For the Chancellor, it was to the close of trading results that scrolled holographically above polished wood of the briefing room table. The uncertainty arising from their Cold War with the NIO - which was closely approaching a boil - was wreaking havoc on the markets. While arms manufacturers and shipwrights were profiting from the military build-up, almost all other market sectors were down amid speculation that the Alliance would be soon entering another costly war.

With war on the horizon, planets that had enjoyed the propensity of Alliance members and found themselves targets of Imperialists aggression were having second thoughts. Worlds were arming themselves to previously unseen levels under the Common Soldier Law, with concerns raised that these armies would be used to leverage independence rather than defend the Alliance.

Tithe had pulled countless economic levers to keep the borders strong and the planets of the Alliance loyal. Vast tax cuts to corporations exclusively providing to Alliance worlds had cut deep into the Galactic Alliance Monetary Authority coffers. Rumours of sedition brought about promises of wealth for those willing to steer the current regimes back into the fold. Countless credits were being poured into local elections to ensure the Alliance was held together.

And yet, for every world brought back to the party, two could be seen scheming a hasty exit.

“The, ahh, Galactic Alliance Credit can’t whether this much longer,” Tithe conceded. Floating the credit had been a crowning achievement of his Chancellorship, and he wasn’t about to watch it sink during his term. “Yes, we need to send a clear, clear message that the Alliance is steadfast in its resolve to defend the Core.”

He looked to the assembled group of Committee Chairs and experienced Senators who sat around the briefing table. “My friends, I fear the time for fiscal policy is drawing to a close, yes I do,” he added. “A more direct course of action may be required, less we succumb to the machinations of our northern neighbours.”

kuat_1_obj_1.png

LORD OF WAR
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
DIRECTOR-GENERAL
IMPERIAL BOARD OF ECONOMIC DIRECTORS
Julius Loghain Julius Loghain | Caarlyle Rausgeber Caarlyle Rausgeber | Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken

N5cG5gd.png

Tc3BDZA.jpg

LOCATION REMOTE
As the serving droid approached Gat to inquire of anything the Skakoan might want, the Lord of War shook his head. He indulged in nothing. Nothing at all, alcohol, tobacco, anything would alter his flawless judgement process enhanced only by the intense, brain altering psychedelics constantly being streamed into his bloodstream by an inbuilt microdosing injection system.

After the initial introduction and retort by Loghain, the Admiral Regent spoke almost uninterrupted for what felt like three and a half hours before finally, Tambor reached a point where he could input once again.

<"ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEWRRRRR- the vision and ambition is admirable, Admiral Regent but...ultimately the focus should remain on the hard logistics of Kuat's succession from the Galactic Alliance. Trade deals and closer ties can be determined once the deed is done but for now- we stare down a rather formidable task."> Gat remarks.

<"But fortune favors the bold- and the Empire is certainly more than willing to take risks in securing the sovereignty and security of Kuat. The world is the upmost importance to the Empire...just as it is to the Galactic Alliance that they keep it. To willfully cede a planet practically within eyesight of Coruscant is a task unthinkable. With...your law enforcements actions undergoing to ensure that no misinformation escapes Kuat City- we can seize control of the narrative."> Tambor iterates.

<"Once your ultimatum is given and the declaration is made, the Empire's backing will be made public, to force pressure unto the Alliance that they may very well place war between themselves and their planet...but the trouble comes in painting Imperial involvement. It is ultimately, a state looking out for the interests of a far smaller entity by which its governing overseer is not abiding by its interests but- your conviction, Julius, must be resolute. They may seek to sit at the negotiating table so tell now if there is a threshold the Alliance can cross that you will stand down...and tell us what the Empire can do to ensure that threshold exists no longer."> Tambor explains.

Logo.png

II: JOIN OR DIE
WAR HOGS

Attire: Standard
Loadout: The Harbinger

Warhog Team 1:
Phaineve Halseigh Phaineve Halseigh Monos Monos
Warhog Team 2: Keiran Varn Keiran Varn Zav Traros Zav Traros
Warhog Team 3: Dagmar Kortu Dagmar Kortu Mela Mela

Additional Tags: Thane Thane Nuruodo'kal'brast Nuruodo'kal'brast Others...

The room was quaint… nothing special... dark and dingy with a flickering light that made you wonder if you might have overpaid for such awful accommodations. Regardless, it was enough for what it needed to be… a covert control room for Traden to oversee the Warhogs and their assets.

The War Hogs had landed just 8 hours prior, getting orders to guard certain assets and high priority targets from a possible NIO purge. It seemed that a cold war was just about to begin. And this is why the Warhogs had resigned from their official service within the GADF… to give these NIO kriffers a real thorn in their sides.

"War Hogs, report in." Traden said into the receiver, then let the button go with a crackle of static flooding through the secured yet muddy comm channel. He sat at a desk, overlooking the teams heat signatures throughout the city on a mobile satellite box. Nothing fancy, but it was enough.

He trusted his team, although he knew that this specific assignment was a stretch for some. It was surely a departure from their usual squad tactics and procedures, but hopefully they would pull through…

And if a problem did arise, Traden was the Calvary.

He sat there in the room by himself, listening the the low drone of static as his eyes remained focused on the blips that represented his warthogs… his family.

Last edited:
kuat_1_obj_1.png

Consultation
Chancellor's Office
Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau Faith Organa Faith Organa Annasari Annasari @other Alliance Senators
"We're in an unenviable position, Chancellor," she said quietly, her gray eyes following the glowing figures scrawling across the space above the briefing table. While she wasn't exactly a high-ranking Senator in the inner circle or sitting on the formed committees, she was the Senator for one of the worlds on the borders with the New Imperials... no, she thought to herself, it was simply the Empire now. And clearly, they had designs on Alliance member worlds if the briefings were to be believed from the SIA.

"We can't afford to be sucked into a war with the Imperials, not until the Maw is crushed, but neither can we allow them to start wooing worlds away. We have history to show us how that goes." The Fel Empire had done a marvelous job of gaining the allegiance of worlds before they had started the war with the Galactic Alliance of the pre-Gulag days. It would be an old play from their playbook, but an effective one.

"However, our victory at Adrathrope should give any waverers pause, but we need to show strength. We need something to show the Alliance won't be pushed around by the Imperials and their cultivated puppets. Some action short of war that would force the Imperials to pull back their designs and focus on the main problem in the Unknown Regions."

She allowed some color to rise into her cheeks, letting what would outwardly be outrage born of Arkanian prejudice and arrogance at the gall of their once allies. Deep down though, there was a certain... satisfaction. The Imperials had betrayed the Sith and started the Third Civil War, it was only natural they would turn on the Alliance as they had as well.

GCnAe9B.png

“By unfortunate circumstance it seems so.”

Iseri stated, making no effort to refute the fact that he had so obviously been lying before. All of the false enthusiasm behind those earlier words had disappeared, the warmth and synthetic earnestness behind them gone, like a winter sun slipping behind a cloud. What filled the void in Iseri’s tone was a solemness that mirrored his expression.

The jig was up, as it were. No matter how cunning Iseri thought himself to be, which even in the aftermath was still an obscene amount that bordered on arrogance, this time it hadn’t panned out as planned. Some things couldn’t be anticipated in planning. A break of bad luck. Because, after all, who could have expected a Jedi to have stumbled upon him in the act?

“There is a job for me to do here tonight. One I’m not at liberty to explain. But, I will tell you this. It is for the best. It will save lives. Innocent lives. It is a mercy to spare those who ought not be caught up in the coming whirlwind.”

This was the truth. At least as far as Iseri saw it. This was not the first time that the ISB participated in the groundwork for subverting the will of the masses. How many people on Kuat supported the Galactic Alliance? How many in the capital alone?

An exact number could not be known. The better question was, out of those supporters, how many of them were willing to put their lives on the line for such a loyalty? How many would take to the streets in opposition for what was to come?

Iseri had seen the result of such demonstrations. How brutally such gatherings were put down. How many people were put down for nothing more than expressing an opinion that clashed with the powers that be. If something could be done about it, in whatever small way, he would do it.

There wouldn’t be a mountain of bodies if he could help it.

The best way to ensure such a tragedy would be prevented would be to ensure that what was to come was carried out as swiftly and efficiently as possible, all while keeping the masses in the dark as long as possible. Let it be that when they found out what occurred, it was too late to risk themselves to prevent it.

Iseri snapped his eyes from Iris Arani Iris Arani to the direction in which she pointed, just making out the vague outlines of what must have been the doors to the lifts, before they came back again to meet those oddly colored eyes once more. They deserved the truth now. It was the very least they deserved. Enemy or not.

“We need not be enemies. You can let me pass. Claim you never saw me, I’ll claim the same. I’d rather not fight. There is too much at stake.”

kuat_1_obj_2.png

G R U N G E
NEW IMPERIAL ORDER
IMPERIAL ARMY SPECIAL FORCES
1st GROUP | OPERATIONAL DETACHMENT ALPHA 'VANDAL'
OP ATTACHED TO | IMPMAG

OPEN FOR OPPS, OTHERWISE WILL JUMP WHERE STORY DEMANDS AS STORY DEVELOPS
N5cG5gd.png

V0nq7X0.gif

BROKEN WORLD
KUAT '74
The Empire was always ambitious. There had been outland shit holes it couldn't take in weeks, months and in one night- it sought to bring the gorrat around the necks of all known opposition on a world within the foreign control of another government. It seemed impossible. It likely was.

Good.

Grunge's territory was just that- the impossible.

A strong part of the Imperial Army's Special Forces curriculum and modus operandi was unconventional warfare- to utilize the local population to seize objectives on the mutual interests of the local force and the Empire which would otherwise cost Imperial lives. Such was the nature of the beast in IMPMAG. While many thought the Iron Will decree would see its use suspended and its funding redirected, but times change quickly.

They always do.

COMPNOR smuggled guns had armed up this cell of the Kuati Patriotic Front, the KPF being one of the several groups utilized by the Lord Regent Loghain to strong arm the population into his control. They fell in line with Loghain's vision of a Kuat ripped away from the fetters of governments who sought to use it as another playing piece in their great game.

But war was politics, and politics was economics. They might've sought to stand alone, but COMPNOR guns and money uplifted them up to the status with which they might be able to exercise control away from the Alliance when the GADF would eventually come screaming down unto Kuat once Loghain pulled up his big boy pants and said the word.

"We're the nine-line for now, got a lot of music playing tonight...have to make sure the orchestra stays in tune." Grunge said through the armorweave balaclava to the Lieutenant of the KPF cell opposite of him in the group's black site buried in the central district of Kuat city, prime area to jump a rapid deployment anywhere they might be needed.

"I understand. We're always ready to do what needs to be done. These Alliance dogs won't know what's coming when it hits em." He said to which Grunge couldn't help but smile under the balaclava to the man's remark.

"Good. Keep that same energy all the way through. The Alliance has a lot of bolts to throw and knows where to aim them. Ideally, if and when we're able to catch one of these 'Captain Starbirds', it's alive. If you want a shred of hope for Kuat gaining its sovereignty, we'll want as many bargaining chips as we can afford." The Imperial Operator iterated as he ventured toward one of the holoterminals.

"You got what you needed, time for what I need."

"Codes for the comm frequency scanner was it? My guy is getting the confirmation of the weapons shipment, once he has it, you'll get it."

"Good."
It was time to wait, once they could get the second level encryption comm frequency scanner- there was a chance they could get a pair of ears on opposition activity.

impmac2.png

ORDER WITHOUT BORDERS

if they're watching anyways
hJJw3Ng.png

"War cannot be avoided, only postponed to the other's advantage."
Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Annasari Annasari Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau Mirana Praji Mirana Praji Elizie Athacorr Elizie Athacorr Faith Organa Faith Organa | Senator Crew

She'd come this far, at least -- close enough that the Chancellor felt her trusted enough to be brought to this meeting. She wasn't sitting chair of a committee, or any higher official or minister; still, she could see what she'd secured thus far. Of course, it wasn't all Alliance politics. War complicated things. The New Imperial Order complicated things. Her thoughts, briefly, fled to Lucien.

She'd come this far, but to go further she needed to keep herself relevant, advantageous, for both the Alliance and herself. Delay was no advantage, and that was true for her and for the situation they faced. She dove in once Athacorr had finished.

"My knowledge of, ah, direct action, is mostly theoretical," she admitted. For all the battles and trials, she rarely felt the tactical side of things coming into play for her personally. "However, my understanding is that the goal is to achieve a decisive result -- whatever that may be -- with as little escalation as possible."

It pained her to think of such a terrible thing in such easy terms, but she didn't let it show. "Full-scale armed conflict would be... undesirable, especially now," she said, giving a nod to the Senator of Arkania, "but the Imperials have already ramped things up, whether it's the current course of their politics to centralize, crush dissent, and cut trade, as well as exerting influence on our more difficult members.

"We can conduct a 'war' on the same terms. Kuat, for example -- the most powerful ships in the galaxy are almost exclusively produced there, and the Imperials know that as well as we do. If we were to cut their access to the Drive Yards, seize assets being built there by whichever corporation, it'd send a strong message. Certainly it might affect the markets, but it'd also give even more incentive to our more loyal corporate... friends, to stay as such.

"And, should the Imperials prove persuasive enough to provoke secession, I hardly think it a stretch that we could do the same. The worlds who thought themselves liberated from the Sith, only to be ruled over by another empire, one headed by another Force-sensitive emperor? A compelling story to convince the more open-minded that the Alliance is the better choice. Warlords and Moffs, too -- they could be swayed with a favorable deal, too, if they think it'll let them stay in power."

kuat_1_obj_1.png

THE DIRECTOR
FS3Gb3Y.png

Operation Mundet was meant to fully cleanse and maintain the sanctity of the Senate. Especially in the wake of Fossk. They'd been monitoring Loghain for quite some time, and his recent activity sparked just enough for M to leverage already ongoing placements along, and within the Iron border.

The incoming transmission from Senior Agent Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez was hardly a surprise, and just the right amount of inconvenient to be passed up through to Chancellor Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe .

The original had been:

URGENT.
Please confirm and respond ASAP… Julius is working with NIO.
I have undeniable evidence including call records, audio recordings, and images to support. From the contents of this evidence, I suspect NIO secession or independence from GA. Plans already in motion? NIO representatives have landed planet side, possible talks with Julius. Please advise. See attached files..

M had forwarded that to the Chancellor for his operations, including a further addition of her own, whereabouts of a formerly exiled family member.

Further, she continued to give direction to her agents. Regardless of the Senate's oversight.

To: Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez
// MAINTAIN surveillance and do not engage. Remain discreet.
Good work on the collection to date. Reinforcements will be planetside.

Official directives to her agents on the ground were rolled out to provide backup to Agent Alverez, finding its way to the mission board of the likes of Lyrrin Lyrrin and Valery Noble Valery Noble .

CGk8M4w.png

KA-SIA-Banner.png

ACTIVE SIA AGENT: KALIE ALVEREZ
LAWYERS, GUNS, AND MONEY: RECORD LOGHAIN'S MEETING WITH NIO REPRESENTATIVES
TAGS IN THE MEETING: Caarlyle Rausgeber Caarlyle Rausgeber Gat Tambor Gat Tambor Julius Loghain Julius Loghain
SIA TAGS: IVI IVI Lyrrin Lyrrin Valery Noble Valery Noble
ENEMY TAGS: Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken Don Belkora Don Belkora Rika Hiro Rika Hiro others...

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The dull drone came from a proximity alarm she had set up on the street outside of her complex. Kalie quickly hit a button on her data pad, viewing a camera feed…

“Chit…”

It was a stormtrooper. She had been made.

She didn’t have much time. Even if she was able to take him out easily, he likely had friends who would come looking for him.

She frantically stopped the recording, plugged in her data pad, and started downloading the audio files that she had been able to recover from the meeting up to that point. She also grabbed a Comm link from the table and held it up to her lips,

Lyrrin Lyrrin ... are you there??” It was a one-way output signal, and so she continued to speak, hoping that he would hear the message, “If you can hear this, I’ve been made. I’m pulling the plug. You need to get ears on that meeting, you understand? The Alliance depends on it!” She snapped the com link in half and tossed it in a trash bin. Lyrrin had helped her setup the transmission system and server, which was not really her skill set. She only hoped that he was still planet side, as she had not seen him for at least 48 hours.

Files successfully transferred.

She unplugged the data pad and shoved it into her bag, along with a fist full of the paper records that she had been transcribing. It was about that moment that…

BAM!

The doors to her room flung open, revealing a lone storm trooped who filled the doorway, his blaster pointed straight at her.

@Hal Vaiken said:
"...think I found the rat in the cellar." he said, the grip around the gun tightening, "Hands where I can see them, scum."

She slowly raised her hands in the air, a look of confusion on her face as if she had no idea what he was referring to,

“Uhh… hi there! Scum? Not me! You must be looking for someone else… I’m just…

The sound of the audio from the meeting continued to drift through the room from the speaker box on the table,

“Uhhh…”

She kicked her foot backwards, smashing the speaker box as it flew off the table and cracked violently against the wall.

Haha…. Haaa…” She laughed nervously as the audio from the meeting crackled to a silence.

“Radio novels… They’re… fantastic…” She cringed.

Common Lyrrin… It’s all on you buddy! She desperately hoped he had received her transmission.

Now… how was she going get out of this mess?

Just then her data pad buzzed in her bag. It was likely a message from IVI IVI … hopefully it was good news… she really needed some support right about now!

Last edited:

The datapad in her hands buzzed endlessly as she listened to her fellows discuss the ever-escalating crises. The chair exhaled a muffled sigh, resisting the urge to massage away the coming headache in her temples as she glanced over the onslaught on incoming communications.

<< Expeditionary fleets are reporting the presence of Imperial ships in the sector. Do they acknowledge? >>
<<< Response? [Y] / N : Do not engage. Diplomacy is ongoing. Space superiority is not required at this time. >>

<< The Chiss Ascendency is requesting an immediate audience with you. They have growing concerns regarding certain rumors. >>
<<< Response? Y / [N] >>>

<< HNN is asking for an interview. They're running a headline tomorrow whether we do it or not. Attempts to gather what that headline is were resisted. >>

The senator's shoulders tensed at the mention of the press. Conjecture had been both their worst enemy and their greatest strength; panic and uncertainty could have a certain effect, but ignorance was bliss. However, Holonet News was known as one of the most reputable sources in the galaxy- even she, subject to the inner machinations of headlines long before they reached the public, had rarely seen a false detail. Whether a leak or an Imperial attempt to sow the seeds of chaos, she was unsure, but the matter needed dealing with.

<<< Response? [Y] / N : Place press protocols on standby. Inform HNN comment is forthcoming. >>>

"Agreed. Escalation at this time would be a poor decision." Glancing up from the screen, she nodded to the Epochian representative. "In the future, perhaps, but it is necessary for such to be accomplished on our own terms. Kuat is far too ingrained in our military strategy and our economy both to have value as a piece in that game."

A grimace shadowed Annasari's face as she gave the idea of asset seizure consideration.

"The Imperials are not the only nation with stake in the Drive Yards-- most of the others being allied. I fear the implications would create far too much tension with those who are currently unconcerned. Furthermore, the Kuati and their aristocrats are just as proud as most of the other... notables within old core rule. Encroachment upon their territory and livelihood may stall the issue for a time, but ultimately I believe they would openly defy Alliance rule, perhaps rallying other noble planets to their cause. As for the other suggestion, a far-reaching ruler is much easier to evade and resist than one who is a constant."

The senator turned a measured look to her chancellor as she attempted to finesse the thought.

"However, if we could make a king, we can surely unmake one just as easy. The death of this king, no- his people would rally to his cause, and there would only be one to blame. The death of a martyr, though..."

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

He wasn't lying now. That just made it harder to know what to do. The Padawan's brow knitted together as she listened to Iseri Tanaka Iseri Tanaka , trying to sort through everything he said. War was messy, brutal. But her enemy was always obvious. Sith, monsters. Cannibals and murderers. But this wasn't war, was it? And this person before her, someone trying to sneak in and do the very thing she was tasked to prevent, he was none of those. Not by the colors he had.

“We need not be enemies. You can let me pass. Claim you never saw me, I’ll claim the same. I’d rather not fight. There is too much at stake.”

That would be the easiest path. But Iris had taken too many easy paths. She shook her head, moving to step between the 'technician' and the lifts she'd pointed out earlier. "I have to report this in. I'll let you leave, but you can't go any further."

kuat_1_obj_2.png

KUAT

WAR HOGS BLACK OPS
Hiding in Quintus Verone's apartment.

Thane Thane Phaineve Halseigh Phaineve Halseigh Traden Avarice Traden Avarice

Logo.png

The colorful tunes filled the apartment with a dense sound and fulfilled their purpose of being obnoxious. Even the balcony windows trembled to the bass of the audio being played, and the resonating glass distorted the vibrant lights of the nocturnal Kuatian skyline. The holo-presentation of the Tusken Raider was just the cherry on top, crowning the distraction-oriented Project Murgle. After a couple of seconds however, it all stopped abruptly. The featherlight silk curtains bowed silently to the breeze entering the apartment from outside. Whoever this intruder was, they sure had interesting tricks of their own.

Mox could hear the commotion inside the bedroom and observed the proximity sensor on his datapad closely, typing down anything of importance on his datapad – which, so far, wasn't much. He did not even see the intruder and the apartment had no surveillance cameras installed that he could hack into. The goal of said distraction was to buy time for Phaineve Halseigh Phaineve Halseigh to arrive and keep the stranger entrapped as long as possible – and ultimately to discover who they were. Mox attempted to play the previous song once again; yet the audio system was completely unresponsive – and so was the holotable. The suspense was becoming more tangible by the second, and Mox stood up straight in the ventilation duct, his eyes still glued to the datapad screen as he pushed himself upright, when another dot appeared on the proximity sensor; one that could only have been Phaineve. Mox had a foreboding suspicion regarding the degree of danger this ghostly intruder posed, and hazarded a strained and urgent whisper through his comm channel addressed to his squadmate.
– Ladybird! Watch light! Bring care! – The small Anzellan hushed, as he initiated one of his few remaining distractions. Click.

All the lights in the bedroom suddenly snap to life, signaling to Phaineve where the intruder is located. In the meantime, Mox puts his datapad away and takes two careful steps forward, soon arriving at the grates above the living room. He unclips his portable ion torch from his waistbelt with carefree swagger and dials down its power output, so as to limit the possibility of the intruder realizing that a different kind of intruder is also in the shafts above him. Mox presses the mechanical button on the torch and begins melting the fixtures that hold the steel grate in place as quietly as he can – hoping that he is quick enough to enter the room before the enemy has a chance to escape or worse, before Ladybird gets hurt. Amid the sparks and black smoke, he receives a message through his comms.

"War Hogs, report in."

For a second, his welding stops. – Intruder alert in apartment, Titan. Report later. – He concludes curtly as he dives back into his task of cutting through the ventilation grate.

Last edited:

kuat_1_obj_1.png

S A R G E
501st LEGION
IMPERIAL SPECIAL FORCES
SCAR SQUADRON

N5cG5gd.png
His head titled slightly at the sound of audio flowing across the room.

"Radio novels?" an eyebrow was arched beneath the helmet, then a slight shake of the head, "I don't have time for this." Sarge squeezed the trigger twice. Blue stun bolts shot from the barrel of the pistol aimed at the redheaded woman.

Gat Tambor Gat Tambor Caarlyle Rausgeber Caarlyle Rausgeber

kuat_1_obj_1.png

CHANCELLOR'S SUITE
GALACTIC CITY
| CORUSCANT
Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Elizie Athacorr Elizie Athacorr Auteme Auteme Annasari Annasari

GAPostBreaker.png
"Is money all you ever think about?" Senator Stazi sneered at Tithe, "This is a clear and present danger."

While the others offered their counsel the ill-tempered old duros glowered with his smoldering red eyes. Most of Mazik's career had been with the military and he was infamous for being a terrible diplomat. At last he could hold his tongue no longer and slammed his withered fist down onto the chancellor's table.

"Sanctions. Propaganda. Negotiations," he growled each word, "Appeasement, that's what it is! They're our enemy, Chancellor. They have always been our enemy. War with the Maw doesn't change that. KDY's profit margin doesn't change that. Julius fucking Loghain's autograph doesn't change that."

Stazi was breathing heavily. He used a silken handkerchief to dab the sweat from his craggy brow lined with centuries of bitter experience. His prejudices were a matter of record at this point. Although vindicated by history the extralegal blockade of Byss was still a black mark on the old man's Senate record. Many Alliance citizens shared those radical anti-Imperial views however.

Mazik narrowed his eyes, "If we lose Kuat then Anaxes will be next and the rest will fall like chance cubes. We need to draw a line in the sand."

Last edited:
-

kuat_1_obj_1.png
Delegates: Caarlyle Rausgeber Caarlyle Rausgeber Gat Tambor Gat Tambor Julius Loghain Julius Loghain
SIA: Kalie Alverez Kalie Alverez Valery Noble Valery Noble IVI IVI
Foes: Hal Vaiken Hal Vaiken Don Belkora Don Belkora Rika Hiro Rika Hiro

After Lyrrin had completed the surveillance setup for Kalie he had returned to his secret hideout. Which was truly hidden. Within a ground floor ventilation duct that double as an auxiliary maintenance access for a administration center, not more than a half a dozen blocks from the infamous meeting's location, the agent had a minimalistic field setup. Within was a sleeping mat and a box roughly two feet tall which contained various dials and displays - a communication array of some form. A woven cable snaked from the box to Lyrrin's datapad which was held in both of his hands. Various live feeds from around the area were laced into device allowing Lyrrin superb awareness of the outside world.

Lyrrin watched these feeds with a focused eye as he tried to discern Imperial from true citizen, which was no easy. In fact he wasn't convinced he had made any real progress aside from a shifty street vendor who seemed all too interested in a street cleaning droid. Shifty business for sure. Suddenly his datapad's live feeds were overlayed by a priority mission board notification directly from M herself. Not a nanosecond later the small array hummed to life and what came from it made Lyrrin's blood run cold. It was Kalie. Telling him that she had been made. A word that Lyrrin and every agent in any intelligence capacity loathed to hear, especially when it came from a friendly voice.

The Farghul dropped the datapad and lept to his feet only to bang his head on the top of the duct "Oww- grr stupid pipe. I hate this place!" he held the back of his head with one hand while the other grabbed a speederboard from near the comms array. The agent hurriedly walked through the ducting until he reached the grate that he had been using as an entry point. With a firm push from his right hand the grate swung open into an alleyway alcove of sorts. It was as filthy as one may have expected, though at least he could be assured that his roost wouldn't be easily found.

Lyrrin dropped the speederboard from his grip. The skateboard like speeder made a soft landing with a bit of give from the initial inertia of the drop. The agent put both feet into strap like stirrups and without delay blazed out into the street. Leaning forward into the motion the Farghul's eyes became a squint as the air rushed past his face. He had to get to the mission target, that blasted meeting, that was apparent to him. Every moment he wasted was information potentially lost to the agency. Though he couldn't help himself from worrying about Kalie. She was a talented agent and he knew this but it was of little comfort.

Minutes later Lyrrin had reached the building, and noted the security was still as tight as ever. Stashing his transport about block away he had walked the remaining distance. His eyes scanned left to right and back again searching for potential threats to his advances. Seeing none before him for the time being he continued to approach until his back was against a west facing wall. He did one more quick look-around then withdrew a grappling hook launcher, one that was blaster pistol sized, and aimed high above him. With a muffled bang and the sound of whirling wire the cable found purchase in part of the architecture above. So began his ascent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom