Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Cool Factory UPDATES Discussion

Hello hello.

Last night, I attempted to edit one of my submissions in the Factory because I realized tagging is beneficial for finding things and wanted to add tags to my submission while it was still editable. Here is the submission I tried to edit: FFS RIP Cell.

I encountered the new Factory system and faced some difficulties:

• I filled out the form but found the entry sections cumbersome.
  • I couldn't edit the tags for the thread anymore and it required an image link when I didn't have one.
  • The links went off the page and wouldn't accept them as anything other than the full written URL.
  • Despite these issues, I liked the separate category sections and the tabs at the top like closed market etc.
  • The auto-loaded template was a nice touch, but I struggled with the required sections.

• Works Well:
    • Manufacturer
    • Type
    • Market Status
    • Production
    • Weight
    • Size
  • Could Work Better as Written Out:

Out Of Character Info:
    • Intent
    • Image Source(s)
    • Canon Link
    • Permissions: N/A
    • Primary Source(s): N/A
  • Technical Information:
    • Affiliation
    • Model
    • Modular
    • Material
Overall, I think the system is good and has a lot of potential, but the formatting and readability of some parts, especially the required fields, could be improved. It might be easier if some sections were just written out in the body. I appreciate the effort that went into making it, and I believe it will be a great improvement once these issues are addressed.

Thank you for your hard work, and I look forward to seeing how the system evolves.

Edit: I've learned how tags are edited for threads now. Initially when making a thread you can just write the tags in a box. TO edit them I've learned you have to click the little tag symbol at the top of the thread. I feel a little silly now that I understand this. Factory subs CAN have their tags edited.

Last edited:
A few problems I ran in to when making a droid body.

I use Fire Fox as web browser.

When making a new droid post the fields for the following sections do not appear on the original post drop down menus:

Image Source(s):
Canon Link:
Primary Source(s):
Model:
Miscellaneous Equipment:
Other Resistance(s):

It appears to me that these sections are not listed as required. They DO show up when I go to edit the post however.
I have checked and it does not show up when making a new one for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom