Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Connected & Autonomous Network Officer (C.A.N.O.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
eUmQEIc.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Aegis Systems AXIOS A.I. : the A.I. that serves as the foundation for the C.A.N.O. intelligence.
  • Aegis Systems MACA Framework : an upgraded A.I. architecture that significantly boosts its potential.
  • Blith-Tech DC-2A : state-of-the-art cyber security measures paired with the ability to form quantum-linked nodes.
  • L&K Optical Neural Network : advanced Layer 1 hardware that offer improved data transfer rates and immunity to electromagnetism.
  • Molecular Furnace : consumes raw material and breaks down their molecular structure to create new substances, allowing most materials to be used for energy.
  • Gabonna Memory Crystals : provide massive data storage space and unprecedented processing power.
  • Self-Modifying Code : the A.I.'s code is capable of adapting to new software environments by self-modifying its structure and permissions.

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES

+ Assuming Direct Control: the AXIOS A.I. that acts as the foundation for C.A.N.O. is fundamentally designed to integrate with and manage other technology, from controlling starship systems and weaponry, to manually regulating droid activities.
+ Deep Learning: C.A.N.O. is not the first innovation to redesign AXIOS off Aegis System's Metaheuristic Artificial Cognitive Architecture (MACA), but it still remains an unparalleled option. The independent problem-solving and deep learning potential afforded by MACA boost C.A.N.O.'s capacity for understanding and decision making well beyond more traditional, industrial-level artificial intelligence.
+ Machine Epidemic: Aside from designing and developing the means of amalgamating the third-party innovations that make up the C.A.N.O. intelligence, CORE Automata's primary contribution is the self-modifying, self-replicating code it derived from recovered tech of the ancient A.I. Omni. Using this, the C.A.N.O. intelligence can spread to devices which it has physical or network access to and rewrite itself for compatibility. The ability to write its own compatibility patches avoids dependence on developers using standardized software, as the A.I. can simply learn, adapt and conform to unique software architectures and programming languages.
+ Eyes Everywhere: Perhaps one of C.A.N.O.'s most unique features, CORE Automata specially commissioned an upgraded version of Blith-Tech's Dominion Telecommunications Kit Network (D-TeK). This new DC-2A technology allows the C.A.N.O. intelligence to have multiple, quantum-linked A.I. cores (or "nodes"). Using this, C.A.N.O. can exist simultaneously across vast distances as one, single entity. One mind; no delays; anywhere.
- The Cost of Power: Each of the A.I. cores require vast amounts of dedicated energy input to remain functional. Although considerable effort has been put into mitigate the extreme power requirements for various components, there is only so much that can be done. The most notable difference between AXIOS and the modified C.A.N.O. is the replacement of dedicated hypermatter generators with molecular furnaces. While this makes fuel easier to come by, it does not reduce the immense storage space needed for the machinery and their essential full-time operation.
- Needs More Pylons: C.A.N.O. may consist of a single, quantum-entangled mind across many nodes, but the A.I.'s remote connectivity to other devices still relies on standard transmitters. Any stations, starships and other systems that desire a connection to the C.A.N.O. intelligence must be within the broadcast range of a node.
- So Much Data: With C.A.N.O.'s nodes receiving input from [potentially] millions of sources simultaneously, each one requires immense on-site data storage. Using conventional technology to meet this requirement is possible, but it further increases the cumbersome infrastructure needed to host a C.A.N.O. node. Alternatively, CORE Automata have included compatibility with Gabonna memory crystals, which significantly reduces the space needed but at a higher credit cost.

DESCRIPTION

As Dak's vision for his droid governed industry has grown, so too have the scope of his projects. A droid can only be as good as it's maker's skill allow it to be, so that became the platform of CORE Automata: make better makers. This is the C.A.N.O. intelligence. An extraordinarily bold project and one that required great resources and considerable investments to acquire and pool together some of the most advanced leaps in artificial intelligence design and architecture. It is an amalgam of new, ambitious experimentation with tried and true technology; the unofficial brain child of top minds from across the industry.

C.A.N.O.'s primary purpose is the direct management of vast, multi-device networks. It's unique features allow it to re-write itself for nigh universal compatibility and exist as a single mind across any theoretical distance via DC-2A-integrated A.I. cores. This means that it can be seamlessly aware and in control of numerous networks (data centers, fleets, droid units, factories, etc) in different locations, provided they are in the proximity of and have been configured with a local C.A.N.O. node.

2020-03-25
- Template updated to Factory 5.1.
- Hyperlinks & formatting fixed from site migration.
- Production changed from Unique to Limited. I believe I severely over-rated this submission considering other options available on the market.

Last edited:
[member="Dak"],

So I got a larger problem that will need to be addressed with this.

Axios AI, LK O.N.N. and the MACA system are three items that are related to other companies either in a Minor, or Semi-unique production, with a closed market, or marketed for very specific people. I will need you to provide proof of purchase or "Rights" to use these within your submission. If you cannot provide any, then they will be required to be removed from the submission.

I am still combing through this submission, but as it is heavily based off of previous technology, I need to get this out of the way before I touch anything else.

For clarity sake:

Dak had contacted me in a DM on Discord about the asked permissions, and also has edited a permission into the submission itself.

Now, back to the regular scheduled content.

Dak said:
- The Cost of Power: Each of the A.I. cores require vast amounts of dedicated energy input to remain functional. Although considerable effort has been put into mitigate the extreme power requirements for various components, there is only so much that can be done. The most notable difference between AXIOS and the modified C.A.N.O. is the replacement of dedicated hypermatter generators with molecular furnaces. While this makes fuel easier to come by, it does not reduce the immense storage space needed for the machinery and their essential full-time operation.
So I just want to clear something up right quick. The Molecular Furnace link you provided was a type of technology used for a Superweapon in Canon. This AI program only uses the Molecular Furnace to "Create fuel/energy" so that the AI can use it to be powered correct? So you could use anything from Scrap and trash to power this machine. Unlike the World Devastator where it actively was used as a weapon to harvest resources. Correct?

Dak said:
Strengths & weaknesses are already detailed quite thoroughly above
Not sure what you are implying here, but its not needed within the submission.

Vigil Rostu said:
So I just want to clear something up right quick.The Molecular Furnace link you provided was a type of technology used for a Superweapon in Canon. This AI program only uses the Molecular Furnace to "Create fuel/energy" so that the AI can use it to be powered correct? So you could use anything from Scrap and trash to power this machine. Unlike the World Devastator where it actively was used as a weapon to harvest resources. Correct?
Correct. In the case of this sub the molecular furnace technology is being used to replace the AXIOS AI's need for hypermatter as fuel with pretty much any mundane material.

Vigil Rostu said:
Not sure what you are implying here, but its not needed within the submission.
This was in reference to the template requesting strengths and weaknesses be detailed in the Description, but I've just removed it.

[member="Vigil Rostu"]

Dak Dak

I'm solid with all of those changes except for the move to Limited production. You've got some special features, particularly the MACA, that remain at production levels beneath Limited. If you can provide solid enough justification for this being used as a framework itself, then I'll give this an approval. Either that or drop this bad boy down to Semi Unique itself.

Please @me with changes. Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: Dak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom