OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: to create an advanced A.I. to oversee CORE Automata's operations.
- Image Source:
- Canon Link: N/A
- Primary Source(s):
- Manufacturer(s): CORE Automata
- Integrated Tech. Manufacturer(s):
- Affiliation: Closed-Market
- Model: Connected & Autonomous Network Officer (C.A.N.O.)
- Production: Limited
- Modular: Yes
- Material: Gabonna Crystals, Manganese Brass, LK O.N.N. Wiring, Hodharium-Desh Alloy, Laminanium, Rubber, Ultrachrome, Durasteel, Misc. Electronic Components
- Aegis Systems AXIOS A.I. : the A.I. that serves as the foundation for the C.A.N.O. intelligence.
- Aegis Systems MACA Framework : an upgraded A.I. architecture that significantly boosts its potential.
- Blith-Tech DC-2A : state-of-the-art cyber security measures paired with the ability to form quantum-linked nodes.
- L&K Optical Neural Network : advanced Layer 1 hardware that offer improved data transfer rates and immunity to electromagnetism.
- Molecular Furnace : consumes raw material and breaks down their molecular structure to create new substances, allowing most materials to be used for energy.
- Gabonna Memory Crystals : provide massive data storage space and unprecedented processing power.
- Self-Modifying Code : the A.I.'s code is capable of adapting to new software environments by self-modifying its structure and permissions.
STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES
+ Assuming Direct Control: the AXIOS A.I. that acts as the foundation for C.A.N.O. is fundamentally designed to integrate with and manage other technology, from controlling starship systems and weaponry, to manually regulating droid activities.
+ Deep Learning: C.A.N.O. is not the first innovation to redesign AXIOS off Aegis System's Metaheuristic Artificial Cognitive Architecture (MACA), but it still remains an unparalleled option. The independent problem-solving and deep learning potential afforded by MACA boost C.A.N.O.'s capacity for understanding and decision making well beyond more traditional, industrial-level artificial intelligence.
+ Machine Epidemic: Aside from designing and developing the means of amalgamating the third-party innovations that make up the C.A.N.O. intelligence, CORE Automata's primary contribution is the self-modifying, self-replicating code it derived from recovered tech of the ancient A.I. Omni. Using this, the C.A.N.O. intelligence can spread to devices which it has physical or network access to and rewrite itself for compatibility. The ability to write its own compatibility patches avoids dependence on developers using standardized software, as the A.I. can simply learn, adapt and conform to unique software architectures and programming languages.
+ Eyes Everywhere: Perhaps one of C.A.N.O.'s most unique features, CORE Automata specially commissioned an upgraded version of Blith-Tech's Dominion Telecommunications Kit Network (D-TeK). This new DC-2A technology allows the C.A.N.O. intelligence to have multiple, quantum-linked A.I. cores (or "nodes"). Using this, C.A.N.O. can exist simultaneously across vast distances as one, single entity. One mind; no delays; anywhere.
- The Cost of Power: Each of the A.I. cores require vast amounts of dedicated energy input to remain functional. Although considerable effort has been put into mitigate the extreme power requirements for various components, there is only so much that can be done. The most notable difference between AXIOS and the modified C.A.N.O. is the replacement of dedicated hypermatter generators with molecular furnaces. While this makes fuel easier to come by, it does not reduce the immense storage space needed for the machinery and their essential full-time operation.
- Needs More Pylons: C.A.N.O. may consist of a single, quantum-entangled mind across many nodes, but the A.I.'s remote connectivity to other devices still relies on standard transmitters. Any stations, starships and other systems that desire a connection to the C.A.N.O. intelligence must be within the broadcast range of a node.
- So Much Data: With C.A.N.O.'s nodes receiving input from [potentially] millions of sources simultaneously, each one requires immense on-site data storage. Using conventional technology to meet this requirement is possible, but it further increases the cumbersome infrastructure needed to host a C.A.N.O. node. Alternatively, CORE Automata have included compatibility with Gabonna memory crystals, which significantly reduces the space needed but at a higher credit cost.
As Dak's vision for his droid governed industry has grown, so too have the scope of his projects. A droid can only be as good as it's maker's skill allow it to be, so that became the platform of CORE Automata: make better makers. This is the C.A.N.O. intelligence. An extraordinarily bold project and one that required great resources and considerable investments to acquire and pool together some of the most advanced leaps in artificial intelligence design and architecture. It is an amalgam of new, ambitious experimentation with tried and true technology; the unofficial brain child of top minds from across the industry.
C.A.N.O.'s primary purpose is the direct management of vast, multi-device networks. It's unique features allow it to re-write itself for nigh universal compatibility and exist as a single mind across any theoretical distance via DC-2A-integrated A.I. cores. This means that it can be seamlessly aware and in control of numerous networks (data centers, fleets, droid units, factories, etc) in different locations, provided they are in the proximity of and have been configured with a local C.A.N.O. node.
- Template updated to Factory 5.1.
- Hyperlinks & formatting fixed from site migration.
- Production changed from Unique to Limited. I believe I severely over-rated this submission considering other options available on the market.