Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Come Rain or Snow-- Midvinter/ SJO(SJC)

Friendship knows no borders. When the newly appointed High King Thurion of Midvinter requested the aid of his old friends at Silver Rest, they answered.

New threats are growing across the Galaxy. As the Bryn’daul creep ever closer, the people of Midvinter find themselves in sore need of an upgrade to their defenses. Technicians and supplies alike have been dispatched to aid in elevating the isolated world’s defenses.

Today friends and members of the Silver Jedi are invited to explore and enjoy the unique nature of this chilly climate. I suggest you bring a cloak.

Or practice your tapas.

Objective 1

ocYCvJU.jpg
  • The King’s Feast: To thank the Silver Jedi for services rendered to the peoples of Midvinter, as well as foster a continued partnership between them, the High King invites all to participate in a grand festival at the capital of Heavenheim, which on top of fun and games includes a great feast where the Jedi are the guests of honor.
    (Overseen by Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield )

Objective 2

9LxAG8x.jpg
  • A Bastion of Light: Secluded upon a mountaintop sits the Fortress of Dawn, headquarters of the Dawnguard. Grandmaster Coci invites her fellow Jedi to come visit the Temple and discuss matters both great and small.
    (Overseen by Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield )
Objective 3

RFbP0S7.jpg
  • Knowledge Unsurpassed: The newly-finished College of Enlightenment stands as a testament to the united efforts of all three races native to Midvinter. Its vast hoard of knowledge gathered and housed within the Great Library would be of great interest to any scholar wishing to learn more about the world’s history and traditions past and present.
    (Overseen by Nina Heavenshield Nina Heavenshield )

anEYTRJ.jpg

Last edited:
The King's Feast
City of Heavenheim

"You sure about this, Your Grace? Bringing all them offworlders, I mean," the old man by his side grunted like the boar he was. "Oh shush, Uncle," the younger of the two gave the other a playful slap on the shoulder. "They are our honoured guests for the feast, so please, try and be on your best behaviour?"

The two men stood watching as ships descended from the clouds, as if summoned by the Allfather Himself with engines roaring like dragons in the sky. There was place of flat ground outside the city for them to land, as there existed no landing pads inside the walls. The High King had no issue greeting their visitors by the main gates, joined by Bors Greythorne Bors Greythorne who had come from the Northmark to help organise the great feast.

The entire city had gathered on the streets, with every guardsman stationed along main street to reserve it for the King's special guests, so they may join him in marching on the Great Hall where the feast was to take place.

Once the guests from the Silver Jedi had all arrived, High King Thurion would extend his arms as if to embrace them all. "Veilkommen, frendir! Welcome to the world of Midvinter, and to the city of Heavenheim! I am Thurion Heavenshield, and I invite you to my home and hearth with open arms."

Horns were blasted from atop the walls, signalling the entry of these honoured guests of Midvinter.

Last edited:

Daelil Morr

D
Objective One-Post One

Daelil was excited. He glances around at the others in the transport, not making eye contact with most of them, and instead resorting to staying in his own little corner. He was new to the Order, having only been rescued from his former live above Fondor a few months before. Since then, he had spent much of his time adjusting to the new surroundings he had been introduced to, and trying his best to stay afloat in the current situation.

Feeling the transport shake a little, Daelil did his best to hide the smile that crossed his face again at the thought of landing on a new planet. Having been born and raised for the first eighteen years of his life aboard a space station, he had only been on a handful of planets, all within Order space. Now, he was getting a chance to see a new culture, a new world, and a place that he had next to jo information on. The thrill of the mystery and slight apprehension mixed together to make him feel almost light headed.

When the transport finally landed, Daelil rose to his feet, reaching up to adjust the heavy coat he wore around his body, and making sure his boots were properly laced up. It would be poor showing for him to suffer from the environment during a celebration. The smile slipped from his face at the last thought. He had not been part of the Order during the events that had let to this celebration happening, but yet here he was all the same. Grimacing against the sudden rush of cold air that hit him in the face as the ramp lowered, all the concerns he had began to wash away.

Knowledge Unsurpassed
The College of Enlightenment

A thousand miles to the east of the city of Heavenheim, past a set of mountainranges in the lands of the Beorni, the pristine College of Enlightenment had recently opened its doors to the public after a full year of constant construction. It was an ambitious project, helmed by the oldest of King Thurion's children who was subsequently put in charge of the preservation and distribution of knowledge. It was the first time she'd been in charge of... anything, really.

She'd just completed another page of her book when there was a knock on her office door, prompting Nina to neatly placed her quill into the inkwell and leaned forward to lightly blow on the sheet of paper to help the wet ink dry faster. "You may enter."

"Pardon the interruption, High Loremaster. Several ships have appeared on our sensors and are requesting permission to land. I thought you should know--"

"Oh yes, Father's guests!" She nearly spilled the inkwell as she jumped to her feet, preferring to sit on the floor with her legs crossed when she writes. Hundreds of pages littered the floor of her office, stacked into several piles sorted by category. Nina found a blue ribbon to quickly tie her hair into a long white braid before grabbing her gold-trimmed cloak.

"Thank you, Loremaster Talerion," she nodded and smiled at the Aelvar scholar, one of several elvenkind having graciously joined her new Order of Loremasters; custodians and keepers of knowledge in service to the College. Together they strode through the hallways and down the revolving stairs until they found themselves in the Great Library. Straight ahead was the main entrance, its golden gates shut to preserve the warmth of the hearths.

"Please, do grant them permission to land," she tasked another Loremaster in charge of communications - a Jedi from her mother's Dawnguard who likewise had elected to dedicate himself to the pursuit of knowledge.

The huge gates were pushed open, and Nina stepped outside to marvel at the sights; first the incredible scenery surrounding the College, and then her eyes turned skywards to watch ships appear one by one.

"Okay Nina, you can do this..." She took a deep breath. Her first time receiving visitors from outside Midvinter.

Azula looked up at the winding stairs ahead. The cold winds cut through her layers and flayed her bones. Each step was another second in the frigid temperatures. She didn't like having her montrals covered, but she liked the cold even less.

Lowering her head, she pressed on. Being exposed to the elements was not as concerning as being exposed to a host of Jedi masters. Back at Silver Rest she was mostly left to her own devices. The togruta did not enjoy coming under the close inspection of her peers.

She valued her privacy, but she had also missed space travel. She silently vowed that next time she would check the climate advice on the holonet first.

The King's Feast
City of Heavenheim

It was an exciting day for sure. The Silver Jedi were coming to Midvinter! Alva knew a little about their Jedi friends, she had even stayed at their temple on Kashyyyk for a summer.

And I’d course, her mother and Grandfather were both former grandmasters.

With her mom, Valae, remaining at Eirin's Reach, Alva had accepted the responsibility of giving the Jedi her regards. The city streets were absolutely packed, everyone was excited to welcome their special guests and show them a warm Midvinter welcome. Making her own way, she stood back as King Thurion—or Grandpa as he was known to Alva—welcomed the Silver Jedi.

“I’m here, Grandpa,” she’d say, sneaking up to his side to get a better look at those arriving.

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield

Last edited:
Objective 3

Reggie had asked Simon to take him to Midvinter, excited to see the College of Enlightenment and the knowledge it contained. Being a man who sought out knowledge, the Padawan wouldn't let himself miss this oppurtunity.

"Alright Reggie, we just got permission to land."

"Great. Let's go down there."

"You know there is a feast going on right? You sure you don't want to go there and eat some great food?"

"I'm sure. Feel free to head there yourself though. I may come by there, but the College of Enlightenment is my main focus. I may stop by depending on how much time I spend at the College."

The pilot shrugged his shoulders and landed the craft. Reggie exited the ship, wearing a cloak that was made to brace himself against the cold weather of Midvinter. The Padawan examined his surroundings and enjoyed the chilly weather. The snow was so much different from the sand of Tatooine. Reggie remembered the first time he encountered snow, remembering how the discovery excited him. He still enjoyed the cold winds of areas like this one. Not only did he enjoy the chilly weather, but he also noticed how beautiful the surroundings were.

Refocusing himself, Reggie went to the gates and saw that someone was waiting there. "Hello." Reggie bowed to them in greeting. "My name is Reggie Faayare, and I was hoping I could gain access to this great library."

Nina Heavenshield Nina Heavenshield

Ah, the world of Midvinter, Coren had been here only a few times, business calls, normally, but he had a working relationship with the Heavenshields. Prolific Force families, and ones on the same side often found themselves linked to one another, be it through destiny, or necessity. But the reason he was coming out here is he wanted to take the time to get to know one of the Jedi he hadn’t really had much time with. Elise was recently elevated to the rank of Grand Master, and he wanted to get to know her, let her know he was here to help, should she need it.

The Jedi Master from Corellia was doing his best to help make the connections, like he always did, of other Jedi. As there were several Jedi heading to Midvinter, he had a few people that the Grand Master should meet. As they were unloading their gear onto the world, and Coren was taking the time to add and extra layer or two above his robes, he watched Elise. “Have you met the Heavenshields yet?”

His bag didn’t have much in it, his lightsaber, a few older books on imbuement in case he really needed to sleep, and his commlink. This was more a social call than it was anything else. Check in with the Heavenshields, see if they needed anything, chat with the Grand Master, the typical boring things. “I have a list of the smaller groups of Jedi out there, if you want it.” The talk through to the world was much more about day to day life, and Coren letting her know about him, should she have asked. He wasn’t trying to brag, merely put himself in a place that she knew he was a good support Jedi.

For whatever she needed.

Elise

E
A Bastion of Light: Objective 2

Elise's chest twisted in hidden stress as Coren rattled about lists and names she should know. He meant well. They all did. Still, a part of her wished he wouldn't. There had been an edge about her since that day on Yurb-- shadows under her eyes that recuperation had not yet erased.

She had been put up as Grand Master before she had pulled from her comma. Emergency measures from the emergency government had demanded moves from the Silver Jedi that she had not been apart of. It made sense, her election. Rationally she knew she would have not declined, and following her return to consciousness she had been given the option to. But was it ever really an option? To turn her back on her people and say, No I will not step up to guide us in this time of need?

Standing besides Master Starchaser, hearing him rattle about jedi names, Elise felt torn between the Grand Master she should be and struggle she tried to mask. She had killed thousands on Yurb with what she had done. The cries of the lost Levron could still be heard ringing through her inner ear; the darkness she had tried to tried to filter between them and her peers still reached her today.

She was not fully recovered. Not for the first time, she was worried another would notice it.

She gave Coren a tight smile, her throat bobbing as she swallowed. "That would be appreciated. Thank you."

She had met a Heavenshield. It felt like a lifetime ago that Master Thurion had come to her seeking this very visit. She could only be glad they were not too late-- that the Bryn had attacked Yurb and not here. An image of the Bryn tearing down this snow-covered temple assaulted her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"I only hope we supplied enough."

Last edited by a moderator:
Objective #3: Knowledge Unsurpassed

Starlin Rand stood beside a ship’s ramp that was steadily unloading a stream of visitors, his blue eyes searching the crowds. Next to him was a little girl, Miri. She was wrapped from head to toe in furs, including a fur-lined cap, muff, and boots, yet she still stamped her feet against the cold.

The porter had noticed them several minutes ago, but now that some time had passed he spoke up. “You kids waiting for someone?”

Starlin turned to him. The teen was wearing his Jedi robes, paired oddly with his ubiquitous black cap. “Uh, yeah,” he answered. “We’re waiting for, um… our father.”

The porter nodded. “I thought so. Collecting the luggage, eh?”

“Nah, he just takes a while to get ready,” Starlin replied.

Of course, Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok was not actually his father, but Starlin had found that saying he was kept strangers from asking too many questions. Speaking of which, what was taking the nutty professor so long?

“Daddy!” Miri exclaimed, her stomping becoming excited jumping. “Hurry up!”

Nimdok had appeared in view, descending the ramp with the rest of the passengers. His disembarking was delayed by the issue of him having to wear warm clothing—he normally didn’t wear “clothes” per se, only flesh that mimicked clothing, and his body was better suited to a warm tropical world, not a chilly planet like Midvinter. Already Nimdok looked uncomfortable, fiddling with his cloak and tugging on the clasp holding it in place at his throat. “I’m surprised you waited this long for me,” he said.

Starlin rolled his eyes good naturedly as Miri ran up to grab her father’s hand and lead him away from the ship, falling into step alongside the pair. He gestured to the building ahead of them. “So this is the College of Enlightenment? Sure does look like it’s right up your alley.”

“Oh, definitely.”

Starlin blinked, surprised by Nimdok’s short answer. Normally the professor would be giving him a full-length lecture on the history of the place. The cold really must be getting to him. “So… what are we gonna do once we get inside? Look at old scrolls?”

“Sit beside a great big fire.” Already daunted by the lengthy walk ahead of them up the snowy steps, Nimdok reached down and lifted Miri into his arms. “Warm me up for now, will you?”

The girl grinned and threw her arms around his neck. She was growing fast, but she wasn’t too old to be carried around yet. Besides, ten thousand stairs was a lot to ask of an eight year old.

Nina Heavenshield Nina Heavenshield Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare + Open :)

37-365cfdd347bd607d20e23842294d40fb.png

A Bastion of Light

High on the Blessed Peak, a soft flurry of snow littered her windowsill, the flakes sliding down the pane melting before they could gather. The coming of Winter was upon them, the chill in the air biting to the bone, and in a few weeks Midvinter would be entirely covered and at it’s most dangerous. And it most beautiful.

The door opened to her office, a member of the Dawnguard informing her that ships were arriving, so would deviate to Heavenshiem, others toward the College of Enlightenment to visit with Nina. Coci thanked the guard before he left her, and she turned to gather her cloak. The steps up to the Fortress of Dawn are steep, long and testing. Designed that way to test the fortitude of the pilgrim that travelled toward they new destiny. It was also a defensive design, as it was the only way up from the valley below. Thousands of steps giving time to the mind and body to contemplate as they walked along a new path.

Those that come would be a while yet, before gracing the front door.

The Silver Jedi were arriving to fulfil a promise to her husband, and to visit a place they no longer have immediate access to due to past re-organisation of the faction. Now they face a new era once more, with new ideas and new Jedi that will drive the Silver Jedi onward. She grinned before turning away from the snowflakes and her hands placed her cloak around her shoulders.

The halls of the Fortress were far emptier after the battle, so many of her fellow shadows had she lost, they had given their lives in the defence of Midvinter and its people. There had been no greater sacrifice and each one of them now looked upon with reverence by those that come after them. And by the Grandmaster, always.

Entering the grand hall, the room filled with warmth from the hearths, Coci walked toward the main door. As she opened it, the skin on her face tingled as the cold air hit it causing her cheeks to flush. Her black as night eyes, looked down the path searching for movement along the steps of thousands.

Elise | Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser | Tarok Vassket Tarok Vassket

Objective 3
Knowledge Unsurpassed

The X-Wings landed gear softly touched down onto the snow covered ground. Thankfully there was a lot of parking, becuase this was a large event. He had never been to Midvinter before. But ever since he got his third Kyber Crystal on that other snow cornered planet, it started to interest him. Growing up on a ship as a child didn't allow him to go and play in the snow too often. Or at all. So he was still grasping the concept.

Once out of his ship Okkeus began heading toward the College of Enlightenment. He heard that it just finished it's construction, so everything must be brand-spanking-new. The thing that excited him the most was a giant library said to be inside. Hopefully there were some books about force speed, and possible force lighting. Making sure to pack a fresh Datapad he wanted to record and capture as much information as possible.

Finally he reached the front of the massive building. It was beautifully built. The way the snow landed and reflect off of the sun just made it even better. There he saw Reggie, a man he had met before in a few different classes. He was talking to a woman that he didn't know. He wondered if she ran the college? Standing a few feet back from them he patiently waited till they were done talking. When the finished Okkeus stepped up to introduce himself.

"Hello, my name is Okkeus Dainlei. I was wondering if I could access the college's library?"

Nina Heavenshield Nina Heavenshield Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

The King's Feast
City of Heavenheim

They'd been meaning to return here, to his homeworld; they needed a new rug for their new place on Commenor, after all! He just didn't expect there to be a complete travelling circus in the form of several prominent members of the Silver Jedi joining them.

He'd kept to the back of the shuttle as they made their approach, allowing those who had not yet laid eyes on Midvinter lay claim to all the viewports, including Nida Perl Nida Perl and her younger sister Kyra Perl Kyra Perl . He stood leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, eyes mostly fixed on Nida. Out of all the breathtaking views currently on display, in his mind she surpassed them all.

Her injuries on Yurb did nothing to diminish his feelings for her. She had stayed with him and cared for him when he lost his limbs the last time they'd visited Midvinter, in the Great War; how could he not do the same for her now?

Each time Nida would turn to look over his way, Thirdas would smile and offer a slight wave of his mechanical hand. In the back of his mind however, a part of him dreaded coming back here. To stand before his father, the King, and admit his inability to keep safe the one he loved. For a son to fail in his father's eyes and earn their disappointment, that was the harshest punishment of all.

The shuttle joined several others in landing outside the city of Heavenheim, renamed such following his father's ascension to the throne. Before they would exit, Thirdas stepped toward Nida and Kyra with two thick furs, one in each hand. "You'll be needing these," he told the pair, handing Kyra one while helping Nida with the other. Gently he draped it around her shoulders, brushing aside a few stray purple hairs from her pink face in the process.

He also helped the younger sister with her fur, draping it around her shoulder in proper Valkyri fashion. "Just hold still," he calmly instructed, able to overlook her constant squirming. "These furs are of a creature known as an álk. It will keep you warm even in the harshest cold," he informed Kyra who would have no such prior knowledge of his homeworld.

As the trio exited the shuttle and walked down the ramp, a blast of bone-chilling winds greeted them, same as it did everyone else disembarking their means of transportation. While most would turn away and try to block out the cold, Thirdas embraced it by taking a deep breath. This was home.

Outside the gates stood none other than his father, High King Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield , offering them all a warm welcome. Again he allowed the girls to explore and take in the scenery on their own accord, while he would walk up to his father, flanked by not just Uncle Bors but now also Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield -- his niece by adoption.

"Dad," he bowed his head out of respect. Thurion would have none of it and pulled him into a firm embrace from which the young man had no escape.

"My dear boy," the King uttered softly. "Thank the Gods you're safe." Thirdas found himself clinging to his father's large frame, same as he would even as a newborn babe. Had there not been an audience watching them, neither would have let go of the other so soon.

"You can walk," the elder burst out in a chuckle, blue eyes drawn towards the young man's new arm and leg. "Yes, I can walk, Dad," he replied, able to share in his father's joy. He proceeded to roll up his right sleeve, exposing his metal arm. "They've served me well thus far." Thurion took a moment to inspect the fine craftmanship, only to embrace his youngest once more. "You must stay after the feast. See your mother, and your brother and sister before you leave."

"Now, where are the young ladies Perl, hm? I was told Joza's youngest would be joining you as well."
The King would scan for the colour pink amongst the arrivals.

"Welcome home, lad," Bors would meanwhile chime in with a pat on his young prince's shoulder. "Thanks, Uncle Bors."

Likewise, Thirdas turned to Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield with a smile and offered her his metal hand for a handshake, knowing it would likely intrigue her. The two had never really interacted before despite being family, so he didn't know whether to embrace her or no.

37-365cfdd347bd607d20e23842294d40fb.png

Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Elise

A crack of light appeared in the bleak stone. Perhaps there was colour to the walls, but the thick clouds overhead and dusting of ice on the stone ensured it wasn't visible.

The light promised warmth and salvation from the biting windows. It opened into a square and was then filled with a dark silhouette. Azula trudged on, taking care on the treacherous ground. Her long handled lightsaber was resting against her back, the weight a cold press as the metal reached the ambient temperature.

The silhouette becane a human woman with black hair with a streak of grey.

"I am Azula Tin'dara of the silver jedi order," she said, slowing to a stop. Her gaze turned hopefully towards the light beyond the door.

Coren Starchaser always meant to help as best he could. Sometimes it didn’t work out that way. The Jedi Master had many hats, but the one he was wearing mostly now, was family man and Jedi Master of an Order. A teacher, and someone who could assist those looking to learn. Offering what he knew was what he could now. The Alliance in exile had merged with the Sullustan Home Guard, his Sentinel training ground was still on Sullust, protected by the government he was a General for… But here? He was working to display his knowledge to the Silver Jedi.

He’d been here a long time in the shadows, watching, and keeping them on the straight and narrow as best he could. The Levantine Sanctum had joined this group once upon a time, and it showed. He was able to see the peace loving focus, that they were not looking for trouble, but would come together if needed. It was like the Jedi Order, fractured and distant, but whole…

Not having fully realized the extent that the Force was troubling her. “I can do my best to help out. And I’m sure we have. As we were coming I put in a word to Coci Heavenshield I was in the neighborhood. I’m hoping she’ll be receiving us when we enter. Her network and knowledge will be very worthwhile for the Order of the Silver Jedi.” He fixed his jacket as he awaited her, ready to open the hatch against the cold. When she was ready, he’d lead her inside.

Elise Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield

Objective 1 The King's Feast

The King's Feast
City of Heavenheim

They'd been meaning to return here, to his homeworld; they needed a new rug for their new place on Commenor, after all! He just didn't expect there to be a complete travelling circus in the form of several prominent members of the Silver Jedi joining them.

He'd kept to the back of the shuttle as they made their approach, allowing those who had not yet laid eyes on Midvinter lay claim to all the viewports, including Nida Perl Nida Perl and her younger sister Kyra Perl Kyra Perl . He stood leaning against the wall with his arms crossed, eyes mostly fixed on Nida. Out of all the breathtaking views currently on display, in his mind she surpassed them all.

Her injuries on Yurb did nothing to diminish his feelings for her. She had stayed with him and cared for him when he lost his limbs the last time they'd visited Midvinter, in the Great War; how could he not do the same for her now?

Each time Nida would turn to look over his way, Thirdas would smile and offer a slight wave of his mechanical hand. In the back of his mind however, a part of him dreaded coming back here. To stand before his father, the King, and admit his inability to keep safe the one he loved. For a son to fail in his father's eyes and earn their disappointment, that was the harshest punishment of all.

The shuttle joined several others in landing outside the city of Heavenheim, renamed such following his father's ascension to the throne. Before they would exit, Thirdas stepped toward Nida and Kyra with two thick furs, one in each hand. "You'll be needing these," he told the pair, handing Kyra one while helping Nida with the other. Gently he draped it around her shoulders, brushing aside a few stray purple hairs from her pink face in the process.

He also helped the younger sister with her fur, draping it around her shoulder in proper Valkyri fashion. "Just hold still," he calmly instructed, able to overlook her constant squirming. "These furs are of a creature known as an álk. It will keep you warm even in the harshest cold," he informed Kyra who would have no such prior knowledge of his homeworld.

As the trio exited the shuttle and walked down the ramp, a blast of bone-chilling winds greeted them, same as it did everyone else disembarking their means of transportation. While most would turn away and try to block out the cold, Thirdas embraced it by taking a deep breath. This was home.

Outside the gates stood none other than his father, High King Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield , offering them all a warm welcome. Again he allowed the girls to explore and take in the scenery on their own accord, while he would walk up to his father, flanked by not just Uncle Bors but now also Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield -- his niece by adoption.

"Dad," he bowed his head out of respect. Thurion would have none of it and pulled him into a firm embrace from which the young man had no escape.

"My dear boy," the King uttered softly. "Thank the Gods you're safe." Thirdas found himself clinging to his father's large frame, same as he would even as a newborn babe. Had there not been an audience watching them, neither would have let go of the other so soon.

"You can walk," the elder burst out in a chuckle, blue eyes drawn towards the young man's new arm and leg. "Yes, I can walk, Dad," he replied, able to share in his father's joy. He proceeded to roll up his right sleeve, exposing his metal arm. "They've served me well thus far." Thurion took a moment to inspect the fine craftmanship, only to embrace his youngest once more. "You must stay after the feast. See your mother, and your brother and sister before you leave."

"Now, where are the young ladies Perl, hm? I was told Joza's youngest would be joining you as well."
The King would scan for the colour pink amongst the arrivals.

"Welcome home, lad," Bors would meanwhile chime in with a pat on his young prince's shoulder. "Thanks, Uncle Bors."

Likewise, Thirdas turned to Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield with a smile and offered her his metal hand for a handshake, knowing it would likely intrigue her. The two had never really interacted before despite being family, so he didn't know whether to embrace her or no.

Kyra had struggled against the heavy fur, her one-handed maneuvers unsuccessful in finding arm holes. Mostly cause there wasn't any. Thirdas was greeted with a red-face and squirmy Kyra as he draped the furs over her shoulder. While he could play nice for Nida's sake, the task had proven much harder for the younger Perl. His help was not something she wanted. She was thin-lipped as he turned and guided them out of the transport into the brutal air.

Kyra sniffed the furs. She crinkled her nose and shot her sister a look.

'Be Nice!' Nida mouthed at her.

'Whaaaaat!' Kyra mouthed back.

Without Thirdas to claim Nida's side, Kyra suctioned on. Too an outsider the level of attachment Kyra was showing over the elder Perl was certainly ridiculous. The girl made no attempt to rationalize or justify it, a wayward glance shot at Nida's eye patch as they walked.

"...I'm still cold," she whispered grumpily to Nida, not paying their enviroment any heed. "Why would they say hi outside. Aren't they afraid of losing toes?"

Kyra paused, her face lightening up at a thought. She glanced sideways at Nida, a smug look being leveled. "That's how he lost his leg, ten credits I'm right."

She heard their name ring out through the air, but she did not turn her head to acknowledge it. Her fingers tightened around Nida's instead.

Nida Perl Nida Perl Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield Daelil Morr

Last edited:

Alana Sunrider

A
Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Elise Tarok Vassket Tarok Vassket
==============

If there was one thing Alana could do, it was walk. Forever if need be. At least, that was how it felt as she climbed up the steps to the fortress of the Dawnguard. She knew little about them, other than they were Jedi who lived and worked on the world as its protectors. A localized Force tradition, perhaps? She didn't know, at least not fully. But that was why she was here. She knew of the Heavenshields, of course, and their role as leaders of the Silver Jedi.

But she wasn't one to stick around in one place for too long, or working too closely with larger groups. She went where she felt she was needed. It came from growing up on Ambria, scavenging among the ancient wrecks and derelicts. Not that there was much left, but she'd learned to piece things together and make them work well enough.

The cold didn't bother her. She was more used to the absolute zero of space and of dying worlds, so winter was of little concern. Others had already arrived and she slipped in behind them, looking around for any familiar faces that she had already met or run across. Not many, honestly. She'd only spent a little time with the Silvers and most of them on the far edges of the territory, near Wild Space. She felt more herself on the frontier, and on forgotten worlds that struggled to survive.

It was home to her, far more than any grand ecumenopolis would be, or some world that served as a corporate factory. Give her the common people working to survive and making things happen. It had been what drew her to the early Republic, but with the merge into the new Galactic Alliance (she still remembered fighting for the old one), it seemed that the government had been taken over by corporate interests and the interests of politics rather than the people. A few still held on, but she couldn't trust its government anymore, so she had left, hoping the Silvers would be different. Perhaps this was when she would find out.

Alva recognized the tall Valkyri man that approached. It was her Uncle Thirdas. Though, he was often away in Silver Space – and she'd never really had the chance to get to know him. She listened quietly, but also tried not to eavesdrop on his conversation with Grandpa Thurion. And she blinked when Grandpa mentioned the Perls... there were... more?

When Thirdas turned to her, Alva offered him a warm smile.

“Welcome home, Uncle,” she said, reaching for the hand he'd offered. Her small hand disappeared into his grasp for a moment, and she canted her head to the side slightly at the cold against her palm. His hand was metal? Ah, had it been taken from him in battle and replaced by an artificial hand? But Alva's smile remained, and she looked skyward to nod at him, with the utmost respect for a warrior like him.

Then, her attention shifted to the two Zeltron women. “Nida!” Alva called, throwing her arm up into an enthusiastic wave. She'd met the healer at the Reach before, where she'd worked with her mother. She turned to the Valkyri gentlemen and gave a polite nod, and a small bow to excuse herself from their sides.

“Hi, Nida! Long time,” Alva said, approaching. Then, her blue eyes found the flame-haired girl sticking to Nida's side. “Oh, hi,” she smiled, giving the girl a once-over, and gauging her age to be somewhere near her own... cool. “I'm Alva, nice to meet you.”

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield / Thirdas, Nida Perl Nida Perl , Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Last edited:
The King's Feast | City of Heavenheim

Tags | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield | Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield | Daelil Morr

Nida had been excited for this trip since the order had first announced an excursion to Midvinter. The snowy planet held a sense of magic, for it was where she and Thirdas had first met. A fledgling Jedi, Nida initially found Midvinter’s lack of modern technology and busy city streets unnerving, given that she was used to blending into the background. Here, she’d stuck out like a sore thumb, but Thirdas had never made her feel strange or unwelcome. Instead, she’d fallen for the planet’s peaceful charm and admired the Valkyri’s honorable and productive nature.

Kyra did not appear to share Nida’s excitement, bundling close as they disembarked into a blast of icy wind. “You’ll get used to the cold.” She assured her sister, making sure that the furs Thirdas had so generously gifted were snug around Kyra’s torso. Her face fell at the other Zeltron’s smug look. “He lost in at war.” She responded quietly so that her words stayed between them, trying to keep the painful memory of his near-death experience from bubbling up.

But she brightened almost immediately, forcing herself not to be dragged down by her sister’s sour mood—there was still so much to show her, and Nida was confident that Kyra would begin to grow fonder of Midvinter, just as she had. “Remember, you promised to be nice while we’re here—I’m sure that once you get something in your stomach, you’ll feel better!” Nida gave her baby sister a smile, giving the furs around her neck one last adjustment of reassurance.

The pair leisurely followed the general flow of traffic, Nida preferring to take in the sights and sounds of Heavenheim while Thirdas went on ahead to greet his father. A voice broke through the frigid morning air, calling for her. “Alva!” She greeted the young woman cheerfully, hurrying her sister along to greet the young woman. “It has been a while. I’m glad to see you’re looking well.” The two had met before the Great War, caring for patients at the Reach. Relief crept into her smile at seeing the young woman alive and physically whole after the atrocities of war.

She reached out to grasp Alva’s hand in greeting, before letting go and motioning to the Zeltron stuck to her side. “Alva, meet my sister; Kyra. Kyra, this is Alva; a Valkyri woman who helped with patients at the Reach while I was here.”

Her eye caught sight of Thirdas interacting with his father and she absently adjusted the patch covering her eye, suddenly feeling self-conscious before addressing Kyra. “That’s Thirdas’ father—Thurion Heavenshield. He used to be the Grand Master of the Silver Jedi, so you may have heard of him.” She explained while motioning to the large blonde, who Thirdas clearly had inherited his looks from. “He was crowned King of Midvinter after the Great War, where his brother, the previous king, gave his life for his people.”

As she spoke, it hit her that Thurion was now the High King of Midvinter. What was the proper protocol for approaching him, or even addressing him? Thirdas had assured her that his father was, at heart, a man of the people who cared little for the frivolities that came with a noble title, but she was still anxious.

Objective 1
Centin Tillo Centin Tillo

Amani sprang out of her seat the moment the shuttle landed, throwing on the big heavy cloak she had brought with her. The drape covered her full figure and gave the mirialan’s body a humorous rectangular shape. She had heard Midvinter would be cold, and took no chances in coming prepared. With a halfhearted kick at his legs, Amani tried to rouse Centin Tillo Centin Tillo to attention. “Oi, we’re here.” The two had not spoken in some time, but the celebration presented a new opportunity for them to catch up, even if Amani had seemed rather tight-lipped about recent events.

Stepping into the crowded streets, the entire scene was a lot for her to take in. She had to make a conscious effort to not get lost among all the people, sticking close to her friend and playfully nudging his shoulder, “Try not to make yourself look like a total dummy here, yeah? It reflects poorly on me.” She smiled and pushed ahead, her stomach grumbling audibly. For the first time in a long time, Amani felt starving. “There’s supposed to be food here right? They said it was a feast…”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom