Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Come Rain or Snow-- Midvinter/ SJO(SJC)

III: Knowledge Unsurpassed
College of Enlightenment

“I guess that means we don’t have to leave Shorty out here after all,” Starlin whispered to Nimdok as the massive door creaked open and they headed inside. Miri stuck out her tongue at him.

“A good thing, too. I would’ve made you stay out here with her,” Nimdok replied dryly.

Already warm air was hitting them from the interior of the building. The boy felt Nimdok relax considerably once they were within the halls, both because they were finally out of the cold and because the mere sight of the Great Library got the historian all hot and bothered.

Starlin meanwhile yawned and looked down at Miri, who was already heading over toward a set of carved wooden tables and chairs. “What are you gonna do while your dad’s looking at old stuff?”

Pulling one hand out of her fur muff, she revealed a concealed holonovel. “I’m gonna read my book,” she said. “It’s about mermaids.”

“Nice.” So he wasn’t going to be stuck on babysitting duty. Not that he had any clue what to do with himself. Socialize with his fellow Jedi? Explore?

Steal from them?

The passing thought was promptly nipped in the bud. He’d left those days behind him when he became Syd’s apprentice, along with the death sticks and getting beat up on his way to school by street gangs. Sure, they probably had a lot of valuable stuff lying around here, but that giant polar bear guard would probably rip his head off if he so much as laid a finger on any of it.

Starlin peered up at Nimdok. The tour having concluded, he had yet to leave Nina Heavenshield Nina Heavenshield ’s side. He watched her as she answered Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare and Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei ‘s questions, listening to every word she uttered with rapt attention.

“You look a little bit lovestruck, professor,” Starlin teased him.

“Oh, please,” Nimdok muttered out of the corner of his mouth. “She’s a very intelligent and articulate woman, but I’m already spoken for.”

“If you say so.” Seconds later, his words actually registered in Starlin’s brain. “...Wait, you have a girlfriend?!”

Nimdok cast a murderous glare his way. “My personal life is none of your business, nor is it the business of everyone in this library, so keep your voice down.”

Grimacing, Starlin spoke in a whisper. “But who is she? What’s she like? Is she brainy like you? Is she hot?”

The professor rolled his eyes, but there was a hint of a smile curling the corners of his mouth. “Her name’s Elise.”

Starlin’s mouth fell open, but he managed to keep his voice quiet. The Silver Jedi Elise?”

This time Nimdok had to suppress his laughter. “No, a different Elise. She is an archaeologist like me, though she primarily studies bones, not artifacts. And that’s all I’m going to tell you.”

He held up his hand before Starlin could get another word in, then stepped forward. He had bided his time until the others were finished asking Nina their questions, for his own request was simple enough. “I'm looking for information on holocrons,” he said. “Specifically, how they are made and if they can be restored if damaged. I imagine you have a sizable section on the subject. You need only turn me loose there, and I should be able to manage on my own.”

Barrien Siegfried Barrien Siegfried

"Yes, Kyra," he replied, pride in his voice. "That's my dad."

Placing a soft hand on each Perl sister's back, Thirdas ushered the pair to their seats. Before they sat, however, he made sure to take the furs from them and bundle them up into cushions to place in their respective chairs. "You'll thank me later," he told Kyra in particular. Or rather, their butts will thank him later. Besides, it was already nice and warm inside the feast hall, even by non-Valkyri standards.

All four youths, including Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield who seemed to be excited to make a new friend in Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , sat down together with Thirdas sitting at the end of the table, closest to his father. The King had his own table, placed perpendicular to the two much longer tables. Beside Thurion stood an empty chair, decorated with various animal skins same as his own. Throughout the feast, Thirdas would notice his father casting more than one longing glance over at where his wife would normally sit.

Of course, Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield had her own visitors to see to this day. That didn't make him miss her presence any less.

The feast had begun, and already his kinsmen were digging into the meats, pies, breads, and yes, biscuits. "Help yourselves," he instructed the Perl sisters, knowing one of them had no prior experience in Valkyri table etiquette. Of which there was none.

Going straight for the tray of red meats, Thirdas was able to locate the biggest, bloodiest piece of beef and slapped it on his wooden plate, followed by a piece of white bread and creamy cheese. While munching on his food, he turned to the other three youths.

"Hey Alva, how're the ponies faring these days?"

He explained in between chewing his meat, "Alva's dad runs one of the local horse ranches. Breeds war horses for the army, mostly. Alva's got her own collection of ponies," he pointed towards his niece with fork in hand, hoping to spark Kyra's interest.

All girls like horses, right?

Objective 1
Amani Serys Amani Serys

Centin slid into the seat next to Amani, trying his best not to stare at her new limb. It seemed to function quite well, nearly life-like. The sight of it was something he would have to get used to though.

“Ruusan was good. It was… different, I guess,” he answered, semi-distracted as his eyes wandered across the room, eventually landing on Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield as he rose to give a welcoming toast.

Raising a cup in tandem with the other guests, Centin’s thoughts briefly drifted towards the monarch of Heavenheim, a figure (and place) which he knew little about. But before he was able to contemplate on their host for any real length of time he noticed Amani staring at him, seemingly expecting him to expound upon his experience on Ruusan.

“You’d actually be proud, though I think you’d suspect I wasn’t the real Centin if you saw me there. I trained pretty regularly, as much as could be expected from me,” he joked, acknowledging his work ethic, or rather lack thereof.

“Being so close to a nexus is what helped, I think. It’s like dropping someone who can’t swim in the middle of an ocean. Surrounded by water, you either sink and drown or learn to swim,” he stated, reflecting on his first days in the Valley of the Jedi. For someone with a lack of practice in controlling the Force, it was initially overwhelming. “Once I got used to the sensation, it was a well of energy to tap into like no other. In some ways, everything else almost feels… well kind of dull now,” he added, a sense of nostalgia flowing through him. It was almost intoxicating, feeling so interconnected to the world around him. It was something he’d certainly never felt before, something he already missed.

“And while I was there, I learned a new technique. If you’re lucky, maybe you’ll get to see it,” he said with a wry smile. Then, in an instant, his brow furrowed slightly.

“You know, while we’re swapping stories… at some point you’re gonna have to tell me what happened on Yurb,” he stated hesitantly, knowing the topic required sensitivity.

The doubts and concerns Nida had about approaching the newly appointed King dissolved the minute he appeared, gathering the elder Perl sister into a Valkyri sized embrace. It would be plain for Kyra to see who Thirdas got his size—and looks—from. “Master Heavenshield! Or rather, King Thurion now? It’s good to see you again!” The more she’d met with Thurion, the less anxious she’d gradually become, but her excitement at talking with a renowned healer and physician hadn’t diminished. Never let it be said that Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield was short on gestures of affection for those around him.

Even though she was a newcomer, Kyra Perl Kyra Perl was treated with the same measure of warmth by the High King. Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield appeared as a wonderful buffer to Kyra’s sour mood as well, the naturally friendly girl seemingly able to soften her stubborn sister in record time. At seeing Kyra’s mood become much more jubilant, Nida reflected her sister’s smile. The usual tension knotting her shoulders seemed to let up as well, glad that Kyra had warmed to the situation (pun intended). Sensing eyes on her biscuit, Nida was happy to break the treat in half, gifting a portion of it to her little sister while nibbling on her own. With Kyra in a good spirits, so to was she relieved and looking forward to enjoying herself at the feast.

As Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield lead them towards the feast hall, Nida turned slightly to give him a smile and squeeze his shoulder in thanks. The pride in his voice did not go unnoticed, as Nida knew of Thirdas’ admiration for his father.

Once the feast had begun, Nida helped herself to a small cut of white meat and several heaping helpings of vegetables. Once settled back at the table, she quietly portioned some of the veggies onto Thirdas’ plate, not caring if he noticed. Though she knew Valkyri were accustomed to meat heavy diets, she often insisted on upping his green intake.

She would do the same to Kyra’s plate, though knowing her sister, she attempted to be much more subtle.

Knowledge Unsurpassed
College of Enlightenment

"Oh please, just 'Nina' is fine," she assured Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare with a kind smile. "There are no restrictions as to who may sign up for a class here at the College. Granted, we've only just opened our doors so we've sort of not held any classes as of yet..." She fidgeted with her long white braid of hair as she spoke, realising they had yet to hammer out the finer details.

"But," she caught herself and continued, "as for examples of what those classes would be, pretty much anything you can think of. Much of it will focus on informing the native population about the ways of the wider galaxy, such as instructing them in the usefulness and utilisation of advanced technology to better their lives, teaching them about the politics and various factions that operate among the stars, even touching on the conflict between Jedi and Sith."

Even in its planning stage, she and her father had been clear that this place should be open to all walks of life, and not limited to Jedi or any one organisation. There were far more topics available here that would offer far more to the average person.

"Professor Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok , Knight Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei ," she turned to the pair asking similar questions. "What you both seek lies within the restricted section. I shall take you there now. Please, come with me."

Journeying deeper into the library, past several dozen vast bookcases to the far end of the room, Nina led them to what appeared to be just a section of empty wall. "Loremaster Talerian," her voice echoed through the hall up to her colleague on the second floor. "If you would be so kind..."

The Aelvar scholar nodded and stepped over to one of the mirrors, directing its light onto the naked wall. When exposed to the ray of the sun, several inscriptions appeared upon the smooth surface, creating what looked like a door of light.

Summoning the Force, Nina closed her eyes and placed her hand upon the doorway before uttering a single word in the elven tongue. The inscriptions glowed brighter for a second, before suddenly the section of wall simply vanished.

"This doorway is of elven design," she explained to the others while venturing inside. "The writing only appears in sunlight, and only then may one use the combination of code word and the Force to open it."

Inside the chamber was the College's collection of Jedi holocrons, each given its own podium of reverence. Torches along the walls seemingly sprung to life on their own as soon as they set foot inside. "Welcome to the restricted section. Anything related to the Force you will find in this chamber. As holocrons requires the use of the Force to open, we do also have some volumes on the subject you're looking for, Professor," she gestured towards a nearby bookcase.

Tags: Nida Perl Nida Perl Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield
Alva's smile only grew wider when Nida Perl Nida Perl greeted her, and she gave the woman's hand a squeeze. The patch over her eye hadn't gone unnoticed, but she said nothing—she was well used to seeing things like this at the Reach.

For the briefest moment, she was worried when she saw the look on Nida's sister's face. Kyra Perl Kyra Perl 's lips were pressed together into a pout that morphed into a tight smile. Had she interrupted? But a second later, there was a bubbly look on the girl's face and Alva gladly shook her hand.

Glancing over her shoulder at Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield , her smile only grew. She gave a nod when Grandpa said it was time to go inside. Of course, they did not want their guests to be frozen on the spot. Walking along with the flow of the crowd, and the King leading the way, Alva stuck close to the Perl girls and Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield . Maybe this girl Kyra would be a newfound friend. While there were certainly other Valkyri her age in Fridheim, and she got on with them well, she couldn't help but feel... different.

“Thirdas is my uncle,” she said close to Kyra, so she could hear over the din of the festivities. “The King is my grandpa.”

Alva's bond with the Heavenshield family was not by blood, but by adoption. And she was only half Valkyri, tall like her father. Still, smaller than the average Valkyri woman, and she was slight like her mother.

She'd move to a table to sit with her friends as King Thurion gave a warm welcome to their guests, holding a drink aloft. And it was time to eat! Of course, there were a number of Midvinter delicacies on the table—and Alva went straight for a plaited bread. There were biscuits, too. But not quite as good as Grandpa's own secret recipe.

“Cheers!” Alva held up her mug of cider to Kyra and the others.
"Yes, Kyra," he replied, pride in his voice. "That's my dad."

Placing a soft hand on each Perl sister's back, Thirdas ushered the pair to their seats. Before they sat, however, he made sure to take the furs from them and bundle them up into cushions to place in their respective chairs. "You'll thank me later," he told Kyra in particular. Or rather, their butts will thank him later. Besides, it was already nice and warm inside the feast hall, even by non-Valkyri standards.

All four youths, including Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield who seemed to be excited to make a new friend in Kyra Perl Kyra Perl , sat down together with Thirdas sitting at the end of the table, closest to his father. The King had his own table, placed perpendicular to the two much longer tables. Beside Thurion stood an empty chair, decorated with various animal skins same as his own. Throughout the feast, Thirdas would notice his father casting more than one longing glance over at where his wife would normally sit.

Of course, Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield had her own visitors to see to this day. That didn't make him miss her presence any less.

The feast had begun, and already his kinsmen were digging into the meats, pies, breads, and yes, biscuits. "Help yourselves," he instructed the Perl sisters, knowing one of them had no prior experience in Valkyri table etiquette. Of which there was none.

Going straight for the tray of red meats, Thirdas was able to locate the biggest, bloodiest piece of beef and slapped it on his wooden plate, followed by a piece of white bread and creamy cheese. While munching on his food, he turned to the other three youths.

"Hey Alva, how're the ponies faring these days?"

He explained in between chewing his meat, "Alva's dad runs one of the local horse ranches. Breeds war horses for the army, mostly. Alva's got her own collection of ponies," he pointed towards his niece with fork in hand, hoping to spark Kyra's interest.

All girls like horses, right?

The doubts and concerns Nida had about approaching the newly appointed King dissolved the minute he appeared, gathering the elder Perl sister into a Valkyri sized embrace. It would be plain for Kyra to see who Thirdas got his size—and looks—from. “Master Heavenshield! Or rather, King Thurion now? It’s good to see you again!” The more she’d met with Thurion, the less anxious she’d gradually become, but her excitement at talking with a renowned healer and physician hadn’t diminished. Never let it be said that Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield was short on gestures of affection for those around him.

Even though she was a newcomer, Kyra Perl Kyra Perl was treated with the same measure of warmth by the High King. Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield appeared as a wonderful buffer to Kyra’s sour mood as well, the naturally friendly girl seemingly able to soften her stubborn sister in record time. At seeing Kyra’s mood become much more jubilant, Nida reflected her sister’s smile. The usual tension knotting her shoulders seemed to let up as well, glad that Kyra had warmed to the situation (pun intended). Sensing eyes on her biscuit, Nida was happy to break the treat in half, gifting a portion of it to her little sister while nibbling on her own. With Kyra in a good spirits, so to was she relieved and looking forward to enjoying herself at the feast.

As Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield lead them towards the feast hall, Nida turned slightly to give him a smile and squeeze his shoulder in thanks. The pride in his voice did not go unnoticed, as Nida knew of Thirdas’ admiration for his father.

Once the feast had begun, Nida helped herself to a small cut of white meat and several heaping helpings of vegetables. Once settled back at the table, she quietly portioned some of the veggies onto Thirdas’ plate, not caring if he noticed. Though she knew Valkyri were accustomed to meat heavy diets, she often insisted on upping his green intake.

She would do the same to Kyra’s plate, though knowing her sister, she attempted to be much more subtle.

Kyra started double-fisting the biscuits at the far edge of the table-- meant to be rotated in as the meal went on yet she dived into them anyway at the start. Kyra was a sweets kinda gal. The more time she spent away from home, the more her human pallet began to appreciate the refined flavors that off-world treats had.

Zeltros was all or nothing, and deserts there were an overload of sugar and a half.

These cookies were almost bitter by comparison, but by now Kyra found them more than suffice for her growing sweet tooth. "You have ponies?" She declared, giving Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield a look of wide-eyed disbelief. She would have liked to ignore Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield s and all his helpfulness, but her attention spanned as far as she could reach and, well, she was elbow deep cookies.

"Like. Real ones? That you can ride?" This metropolis girl could only DREAM for such luxurious. She chewed at her mouthful, a bit of excitement to the motion as she worked her jaw and swallowed it all back in one lump. "Are they here? Can we see them after?"

She did not notice the vegetables appearing next to her cake slice. Her butt did indeed appreciate the cushion.

She grabbed at Nida Perl Nida Perl 's drink and tossed it back.

Last edited:
A smirk crossed her face at Harlan’s comment, but the small jest seemed to be lost on the rest of the group. They had a more serious countenance about them, she suspected that they had come here with a purpose. After all, the festivities were elsewhere.

Grandmaster Elise was blunt, to the point, Coci was impressed by that, she was known for her brutal bluntness in the past, although she has mellowed considerably with age. Patience had never been her virtue, nor the time to suffer fools. But she did learn over time, as all things need a time and place to be at the top of the agenda.

“Of course Grandmaster Elise, if you wish we can speak in my office”. Coci lead them all through the main doors and into the warmth of the grand hall. She turned and raised her hand back toward the main doors as they proceeded, and through the force, closed them. The doors will only open and close to those that follow the light.

As they neared the main hearth, the light in the place dimmed to a soft welcoming yellow fuelled by the flames. A contrast to the stark white outside.

“Master Tin’dara, you are correct, Midvinter is extremely harsh. The winters are a challenge to everyone that lives here, and Midvinter demands respect. The Valkyri have been here since only the force knowns, they have adapted to the conditions and through change came strength. They may not be as technologically advanced as the rest of the galaxy but there is more to survival than devices. It is not only the Valkyri that have developed into great warriors, but other races as well and each of them unique to this planet”. Once the little history lesson was over, her attention returned to the young Grandmaster.

“The Fortress is open to you all to explore if you wish to do so”, she smiled, “Grandmaster would you follow me”, she directed her with an open palm.

Elise | Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser | Tarok Vassket Tarok Vassket | Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk | Alana Sunrider

The King's Feast
City of Heavenheim

Watching everyone enjoy themselves at the feast, the King could not help but feel the loneliness of sitting alone at his own table. Reserved for the royal family, on this occasion none of the royal family other than himself was even present at the feast. His wife was busy tending to her own guests over at the Fortress of Dawn, and the same was true for his daughter child Nina and her College of Enlightenment. His oldest son Théodred was with his family in the North, having excused their inability to attend.

Only his youngest, Thirdas, attended the feast, but he was seated over by his friends from the Silver Jedi, as he should be.

While in his state of loneliness, old man Bors happened to saunter by. "Oh, Uncle Bors! Please, won't you join--" But the elderly warrior simply raised a hand, cutting him off. "I appreciate the offer, Sire, but I have already had my fill. Besides, I'm in charge of security tonight and I'll be damned if I get drunk while on duty. Respectfully, Your Grace."

Thurion huffed as his only hope for company strolled out of reach.

The King had had enough. He rose from his seat, picked up his plate and cup, and abandoned the table altogether. Some of his guests stopped eating in the belief that their liege was about to hold another speech, but that wasn't the case. He instead stepped over to where his boy Thirdas and his granddaughter Alva sat with the two Perls, and claimed the end of the table even though there was no place to sit.

So the King simply found a small, unassuming footstool and used it for a chair.

"I'll just sit here with you guys, if that's alright," he smiled at the party of four, ruffling his boy's tuft of hair and caressing his granddaughter's cheek. "How's the food?"

He noticed Nida Perl Nida Perl slip a few veggies onto Thirdas' plate when he wasn't looking, and a grin graced his lips. Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield would do the same to him all the time.

He also noticed Kyra Perl Kyra Perl 's penchant for sugary sweets, and it just so happened he had one more biscuit on his person. Subtly it levitated out of the palm of his hand, circled behind the others, and placed itself on the table where she sat. When the girl would eventually notice, Thurion would simply send another playful wink her way.

They were all still children in his eyes, and there was nothing Thurion Heavenshield enjoyed more than to dote on his little ones.

Alva helped herself to a few hearty slices of meat. Her blue eyes slid to the side to spy Nida Perl Nida Perl scraping some vegetables onto the plates of Thirdas and Kyra. Mother would do the same thing, she thought—must be a healer thing. But mother was not here tonight, so Alva would indulge in the Valkyri way, eating with gusto.

She lifted her cup of cider for a drink when Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield inquired about the ponies. After a quick sip, she replied, “Good! Very good.” Alva could not stop the fond smile from forming on her face.

“I have quite the collection, yes – but I do have a proper horse now, too,” she nodded to Thirdas before looking to Kyra Perl Kyra Perl as the girl bombarded her with questions.

Alva giggled and nodded enthusiastically.

Of course,” she said. “My house isn't far. You can come visit and ride anytime you want!”

And she had a feeling her mom would probably want to meet Kyra, too. As she'd learned from Nida, their moms were friends during their early days with the Silvers. She still couldn't believe her mom was ever young... weird.

Then, her fork paused a moment as she spotted Grandpa rising from his lonely seat. Her heart dropped, but grew lighter again just a moment later when Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield came to sit at their table. As he caressed her cheek, she smiled brightly at him. “The food is just grand,” she nodded.

As Grandpa floated another biscuit to Kyra, Alva couldn't help but giggle.

Centin Tillo Centin Tillo

Amani leaned against the table, listening intently as Centin described his experiences. “Woooow, impressive. Centin? Trained? Never imagined I’d hear those two words together.”

She chuckled, though the jokes were quickly swept aside as she absorbed every detail about the nexus. The way he described it was fascinating, and she drowned out most of her surroundings as her imagination swelled over the topic. “That sounds amazing.” The mirialan gave a genuine smile, “Well, I am proud of you!”

Amani took another bite of food, her brows raising when he teased something new up his sleeve. “C’mon, don’t leave me in the dark! At least give me a hint.” She leaned back in her seat, matching his smirk, “Y’know, I actually picked up one something new myself. Buuut I guess if you don’t share yours then I can’t share mine...” she shrugged.

Only a brief moment passed when she started looking around the rest of the room, totally unsuspecting of the question that came next. A flash of the battle struck her mind briefly and she was visibly shocked by the question. Amani quickly grabbed the cup in front of her and took a big drink, wholly expecting it to be water but instead being met with the strong taste of alcohol. Her eyes went wide as she forced herself to swallow the mead, not wanting to make a scene out of it. “Eck,” She shook her head and looked back at her plate, tempted to start shoving food into her mouth so she could avoid talking, but it was a bit too obvious now. Amani sighed and looked back to Centin, “Can we not do this right now? You just got back, and I just wanna enjoy... this.” She gestured to the room, full of people who seemed to be having much lighter conversation.

Being who he was, he needed to work on a few things and make sure everyone was where they needed to be. The Jedi were apparently the ones to make their differences part of why they didn’t join forces into a single Order. But in Coren’s eyes, that wasn’t a bad thing. There was a lot of good to be had from diversity of focus. They all held the same basics, and were always there for one another, but sometimes Jedi from one Order didn’t know the ones from another Order. Starchaser was intent on trying to fix that.

When Coci offered to speak to Elise separately, the Jedi Master nodded to them both and turned to the rest of the gathered. How long had it been since he had to entertain someone that wasn’t Celeste. Looking around, he nodded. “it is a harsh world, but a beautiful one, in its own regard.” He preferred tropical worlds, they weren’t as challenging, sure, but they had their own aura to them, that he meshed with.

Looking at the gathered, he nodded, stepping to the side to observe the ones that were with him now. To get a feel for who the Jedi of today were.

Tarok Vassket Tarok Vassket Alana Sunrider Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield Elise

Amani Serys Amani Serys

Centin smiled as Amani poked fun at his usual disinclination to train.

“Thanks,” he replied, accepting her genuine praise. “Maybe sometime soon we can both go together. I’m already itching to return.” His offer was partially founded in wanting to spend time with his friend, but it was partially selfish too. He really was growing anxious to return, his own elaboration on the subject exacerbating the desire.

Amani’s plea for a hint caused a soft laugh to emanate from Centin. “C’mon now, you expect me to bend that easily? You haven’t earned a hint yet.” He enjoyed the return of their usual repartee, something he had sorely missed.

He then raised his eyebrow quizzically while casting a side-eyed glance at Amani, listening intently as she dangled her own secret above him. If there was one thing that had always been a tantalizing source for Centin, it was secrets.

“Well, maybe I was a bit hasty. Perhaps a little quid pro quo is in order then,” he joked. He mused over what her newfound powers could be, wondering how it was possible that she was always learning something new.

Centin watched Amani quickly grab her own cup, downing it rapidly in response to his question. He already knew it was mead, and her surprised reaction normally would’ve made him laugh, however the conversation’s tone seemed to siphon the humor out of the moment. Seeing how uncomfortable the topic had made her caused him some discomfort of his own, born primarily out of guilt.

“Well it doesn’t have to be now of course, just at some point. You’re right though, let’s just have fun.” He waited for the tension in the air to ease a bit, then redirected the conversation.

“Hurry up and eat your fill, I heard an extremely charming and beloved Jedi was going to be demonstrating a dazzling technique outside in ten minutes.” He wore a bemused expression as described himself in grandiose fashion. It wasn’t a wholly incorrect assessment, at least. “If you’re not quick you might miss it.”

Elise

E
Tags: Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Alana Sunrider Tarok Vassket Tarok Vassket
"I hope not, he-he-he. Nothing to worry 'bout, Grandmaster Heavenshield. Just bureaucratic bull from upstairs." he waved away any potential concerns that might've been concealed in her joke. "Someone's got to do the paperwork." the agent downplayed his role with a chuckle.

With the doors shutting behind them, Harlan welcomed with open arms the heat of the hearths. Despite its intimidating and massive appearance, the fortress did embrace him with a sense of coziness. A glass of scotch and a Valkyri woman would've made this place ideal.

Back to reality.

Harlan's face made no reaction to Grandmaster Elise's suggestion. He kept on simply smiling at the group as they exchanged pleasantries and awaited their next move. Should they move to somewhere more private, the federal agent would surely follow casually. Someone's got to do the paperwork, right?

A smirk crossed her face at Harlan’s comment, but the small jest seemed to be lost on the rest of the group. They had a more serious countenance about them, she suspected that they had come here with a purpose. After all, the festivities were elsewhere.

Grandmaster Elise was blunt, to the point, Coci was impressed by that, she was known for her brutal bluntness in the past, although she has mellowed considerably with age. Patience had never been her virtue, nor the time to suffer fools. But she did learn over time, as all things need a time and place to be at the top of the agenda.

“Of course Grandmaster Elise, if you wish we can speak in my office”. Coci lead them all through the main doors and into the warmth of the grand hall. She turned and raised her hand back toward the main doors as they proceeded, and through the force, closed them. The doors will only open and close to those that follow the light.

As they neared the main hearth, the light in the place dimmed to a soft welcoming yellow fuelled by the flames. A contrast to the stark white outside.

“Master Tin’dara, you are correct, Midvinter is extremely harsh. The winters are a challenge to everyone that lives here, and Midvinter demands respect. The Valkyri have been here since only the force knowns, they have adapted to the conditions and through change came strength. They may not be as technologically advanced as the rest of the galaxy but there is more to survival than devices. It is not only the Valkyri that have developed into great warriors, but other races as well and each of them unique to this planet”. Once the little history lesson was over, her attention returned to the young Grandmaster.

“The Fortress is open to you all to explore if you wish to do so”, she smiled, “Grandmaster would you follow me”, she directed her with an open palm.

Elise | Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser | Tarok Vassket Tarok Vassket | Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk | Alana Sunrider
Being who he was, he needed to work on a few things and make sure everyone was where they needed to be. The Jedi were apparently the ones to make their differences part of why they didn’t join forces into a single Order. But in Coren’s eyes, that wasn’t a bad thing. There was a lot of good to be had from diversity of focus. They all held the same basics, and were always there for one another, but sometimes Jedi from one Order didn’t know the ones from another Order. Starchaser was intent on trying to fix that.

When Coci offered to speak to Elise separately, the Jedi Master nodded to them both and turned to the rest of the gathered. How long had it been since he had to entertain someone that wasn’t Celeste. Looking around, he nodded. “it is a harsh world, but a beautiful one, in its own regard.” He preferred tropical worlds, they weren’t as challenging, sure, but they had their own aura to them, that he meshed with.

Looking at the gathered, he nodded, stepping to the side to observe the ones that were with him now. To get a feel for who the Jedi of today were.

Tarok Vassket Tarok Vassket Alana Sunrider Jaeger Harrsk Jaeger Harrsk Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield Elise

Elise felt a pinch of relief when Coci made moves to make the group comfortable in the common space and leave with her privately. She had never minded operating in groups before, but there was something to be said about stepping into new power and having an auditor follow you around. He was a lovely man, she was sure-- nice hair, fast typer. Didn't mack on gum with his mouth open. Probably had children. Still, she sent Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser a flickering glance, the mental request he occupy the auditor clear across the gleam in her eyes.

Help.

She didn't look back to see if Coren could do so, a bit of blind faith put into the man as she walked with quick steps after the other other Grandmaster.

"...Thank you," was all she said, keeping pace silently beside the woman.

As she stepped into the space Coci led them to, her steps faltered. She actually didn't know why she was here. Coren had suggested they talk and there had been very little space to clarify on what. Elise stood there, feeling partially out of place, events sweeping her up into a situation she had not been mentally prepared for. She felt like she needed that lately-- mental preparation. Every move she did now felt like it carried a weight of implication that she could not predict. It felt dangerous. It was paralyzing.

Such was her life the last few weeks. She had yet to slow it down and catch herself up. Yurb had tumbled into her appointment, into meetings and concerns and demands. Changing a whole government-- morphing your order to match its objectives-- there had been no training on this. Surely this Grandmaster would see how out of her depth she was. Her fingers twitched, the urge to fidget suppressed as she cut her swirling thoughts short.

She took a deep breath.

And broke into the one thing she knew well. Business.

"Your climate is actually a form of natural protection against the Bryn," she commented, stepping in deeper. "They prefer the acrid desert. Landing here wouldn't be ideal for them, but... we've found utilizing mobile shields can be the best. The beasts are strong, but brainless." Usually. Supposedly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Objective 3

He was already impressed just by the awesome door. He watched as the light shown upon it, revealing the text. How do such things even work? Some things are just best to be kept secrets. But his real amazement was from what layed past the door. Rows upon rows of shells sat inside, all with different holocrons and books. Standing in the doorway he took a couple of seconds to take it all in.

Stepping inside he walked over to the nearest shelf was. On it was so,e holocrons and books, all labeled. Picking up a holocron he saw a note on it.

Force Strength

Well, that helped that everything was labeled. But what didn't help is that he didn't know how they were organized. After trying for a few minutes to figure it out he decided to just go get help from Master Heavenshield.

"Excuse me, Master Heavenshield? I feel like I could get lost in this amazing room. Could you maybe help show me where the stuff is that I'm after?"

Nina Heavenshield Nina Heavenshield | Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare | Barrien Siegfried Barrien Siegfried | Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

Dragging Starlin along by the cloak, Nimdok followed Nina Heavenshield Nina Heavenshield as she made her way to the restricted section. The professor raised an eyebrow as the glowing door to the was revealed and explained, then turned to his young assistant.

“You have the Force,” he remarked. “Why don’t you take a look at the holocrons?”

Starlin glared at him. You have the Force, why don’t you?” he mocked.

Nimdok shushed him. “Be quiet, we’re in a library.” Then in a lower voice he added, “You know I can’t. I’m not asking you to go through them all. Just the ones the Loremaster tells you are useful.”

As Okkeus Dainlei Okkeus Dainlei asked Nina for help, Nimdok nudged Starlin toward them. The boy obeyed, walking over and jumping into their conversation, “Um, I… also want to look at some of the holocrons. Specifically, the holocrons with information about holocrons…”

Meanwhile, Nimdok veered off into the non-Force User section, taking care to subdue his loose, heavy cloak in the presence of potentially fragile ancient tomes. He scanned the shelves, running a finger over the labeled volumes until he found three that seemed suitable: Crystal Lattices and Their Structures, Secrets of the Holocron, and So You Found a Broken Holocron; What Now?

With these books in hand, he made his way over to the tables and chairs, glancing at Miri as he moved. She had removed her hat, gloves, and coat, and was swinging her legs in the air, completely engrossed in her mermaid holonovel. To pass the time during the trip to Midvinter, one of the women on the ship had braided the girl’s hair in the style of the Valkyri. If it weren’t for her slightly pointed ears, she’d fit right in.

Nimdok tugged off his cloak—it really was quite warm in the College—and laid it over the back of a chair before sitting down and opening the first volume.

Reggie Faayare Reggie Faayare Barrien Siegfried Barrien Siegfried

“Kyra!” Nida protested as her baby sister so casually tossed back Nida’s own drink. “That was wine!Her voice lowered to an urgent hush, aware that Midvinter had no strict drinking age. But this was her baby sister! Mother would not be pleased, probably. Trying to get Kyra to eat healthily would also be a lost cause, but she’d let it slide given that her sister was in such a good mood. The talk of ponies seemed to captivate her further, and Nida couldn’t help but smile as she carefully slice the meat on her plate into bite sized pieces.

“Perhaps just to look for now.” She interjected gently, not exactly willing to squash her sister’s excitement. “Until your arm has healed properly.” With mother not here, someone had to look out for the Baby Perl!

Thurion came to sit with the group and Nida welcomed him with a smile. He was always a pleasant man to be around, full of genuine energy and love for those around him. “Master Heavenshield,” She spoke, but not before covering her mouth demurely to swallow her food. “I wonder, do you still partake in healing duties with all that is going on?” Given that he was now the King, Nida figured that he was busy with administrative matters. But Thirdas spoke of his father’s skill as a physician, and a part of Nida dreamed of assisting him on his rounds.

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield

Azula continued to hold her hands close to the fire. The Grandmasters had gone away to talk business and that suited her fine.

"I don't believe we have met," she said softly. Turning from the flames she looked up at Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser .

Azula turned back to the fire, flexing her fingers as life returned to them. It was a strange sort of pain, tinged with relief, as the sensation returned. Nerves that had fallen silent seemed to cry out in surprised.

Objective: Feast
Tags: Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield Nida Perl Nida Perl Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield

The King's Feast
City of Heavenheim

Watching everyone enjoy themselves at the feast, the King could not help but feel the loneliness of sitting alone at his own table. Reserved for the royal family, on this occasion none of the royal family other than himself was even present at the feast. His wife was busy tending to her own guests over at the Fortress of Dawn, and the same was true for his daughter child Nina and her College of Enlightenment. His oldest son Théodred was with his family in the North, having excused their inability to attend.

Only his youngest, Thirdas, attended the feast, but he was seated over by his friends from the Silver Jedi, as he should be.

While in his state of loneliness, old man Bors happened to saunter by. "Oh, Uncle Bors! Please, won't you join--" But the elderly warrior simply raised a hand, cutting him off. "I appreciate the offer, Sire, but I have already had my fill. Besides, I'm in charge of security tonight and I'll be damned if I get drunk while on duty. Respectfully, Your Grace."

Thurion huffed as his only hope for company strolled out of reach.

The King had had enough. He rose from his seat, picked up his plate and cup, and abandoned the table altogether. Some of his guests stopped eating in the belief that their liege was about to hold another speech, but that wasn't the case. He instead stepped over to where his boy Thirdas and his granddaughter Alva sat with the two Perls, and claimed the end of the table even though there was no place to sit.

So the King simply found a small, unassuming footstool and used it for a chair.

"I'll just sit here with you guys, if that's alright," he smiled at the party of four, ruffling his boy's tuft of hair and caressing his granddaughter's cheek. "How's the food?"

He noticed Nida Perl Nida Perl slip a few veggies onto Thirdas' plate when he wasn't looking, and a grin graced his lips. Coci Heavenshield Coci Heavenshield would do the same to him all the time.

He also noticed Kyra Perl Kyra Perl 's penchant for sugary sweets, and it just so happened he had one more biscuit on his person. Subtly it levitated out of the palm of his hand, circled behind the others, and placed itself on the table where she sat. When the girl would eventually notice, Thurion would simply send another playful wink her way.

They were all still children in his eyes, and there was nothing Thurion Heavenshield enjoyed more than to dote on his little ones.
Alva helped herself to a few hearty slices of meat. Her blue eyes slid to the side to spy Nida Perl Nida Perl scraping some vegetables onto the plates of Thirdas and Kyra. Mother would do the same thing, she thought—must be a healer thing. But mother was not here tonight, so Alva would indulge in the Valkyri way, eating with gusto.

She lifted her cup of cider for a drink when Thirdas Heavenshield Thirdas Heavenshield inquired about the ponies. After a quick sip, she replied, “Good! Very good.” Alva could not stop the fond smile from forming on her face.

“I have quite the collection, yes – but I do have a proper horse now, too,” she nodded to Thirdas before looking to Kyra Perl Kyra Perl as the girl bombarded her with questions.

Alva giggled and nodded enthusiastically.

Of course,” she said. “My house isn't far. You can come visit and ride anytime you want!”

And she had a feeling her mom would probably want to meet Kyra, too. As she'd learned from Nida, their moms were friends during their early days with the Silvers. She still couldn't believe her mom was ever young... weird.

Then, her fork paused a moment as she spotted Grandpa rising from his lonely seat. Her heart dropped, but grew lighter again just a moment later when Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield came to sit at their table. As he caressed her cheek, she smiled brightly at him. “The food is just grand,” she nodded.

As Grandpa floated another biscuit to Kyra, Alva couldn't help but giggle.
“Kyra!” Nida protested as her baby sister so casually tossed back Nida’s own drink. “That was wine!Her voice lowered to an urgent hush, aware that Midvinter had no strict drinking age. But this was her baby sister! Mother would not be pleased, probably. Trying to get Kyra to eat healthily would also be a lost cause, but she’d let it slide given that her sister was in such a good mood. The talk of ponies seemed to captivate her further, and Nida couldn’t help but smile as she carefully slice the meat on her plate into bite sized pieces.

“Perhaps just to look for now.” She interjected gently, not exactly willing to squash her sister’s excitement. “Until your arm has healed properly.” With mother not here, someone had to look out for the Baby Perl!

Thurion came to sit with the group and Nida welcomed him with a smile. He was always a pleasant man to be around, full of genuine energy and love for those around him. “Master Heavenshield,” She spoke, but not before covering her mouth demurely to swallow her food. “I wonder, do you still partake in healing duties with all that is going on?” Given that he was now the King, Nida figured that he was busy with administrative matters. But Thirdas spoke of his father’s skill as a physician, and a part of Nida dreamed of assisting him on his rounds.

Thurion Heavenshield Thurion Heavenshield | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl | Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield

Kyra gave a whine of protest to Nida Perl Nida Perl , her sister's mothering not needed! She wordlessly waved Nida off, smacking her lips at the juicey drink to drive home a point. I do what I want.

Truth be told, Kyra cherished every word of admonishment. Any attention was good attention from her family.

"Iwouldwuvtoride," she told Alva through a mouthful, her eyes abruptly lighting up at the surprise find of the better cookie on her plate. A look of confusion was leveled at the king that had dragged his way over to their table. Had he- he winked. Kyra perked, giving him a toothy grin as she dug into the delectables on her plate.

Now would be the prime time to socialize, but a spark of unexpressed stress flared in her gut. As the quad of familiar friends and family spoke to each other, the girl stuffed her face more. The vegetables were ignored. As Nida looked away, Kyra stole her napkin and spit out a mouthful of stuffed fig.

The damp wad was shoved under the edge of her sister's plate when she looked away again. Kyra reached for another glass of grape juice.

Pushing open the door which lead to the hall that would take them to her office. It seemed that the Grandmaster was eager to get on with conversations about the Bryn’adûl. Coci looked at the woman with a blank face, not saying a word until they arrived at her door. Entering the office, she invited the Grandmaster Elise and offered her a seat on the sofa.

“Forgiven me, but I prefer to keep initial talks such as these within the walls of my office”, she smiled, and gathered a tray with a jug of water and two glasses and placed them on the small table before the sofa. Coci took a seat.

“I see you wish to speak about yet another threat to the galaxy in these Bryn’adûl. We are not completely without the ability to hear what is going on in the galaxy”. Elise would only have to look around Coci’s office to see the most up-to-date technology she utilises in her duty as Grandmaster of the Dawnguard.

“And news reached us of the invasion, after all my son was there. The information you can give us will be most helpful, and I thank you for it
”. Nowhere is safe, never has been and the people of Midvinter have known that before today.

Coci poured the sparkling water into the glass and continued, “Brainless? .. yet they were able to organise, mobilise and invade. Seems to me that within their ranks are Bryn’adûl that have intelligence. Although possibly not all of them”.

Elise

I: The King's Feast

It was always a delight for the aging man to be around young people, to witness them go through life; in a way, it took him back to when he too was young and eager for new experiences. This is the time to explore and experiment in all aspects of life, to see what sticks and how you develop as a person.

He was greatly pleased to hear Kyra had taken a particular interest in Alva's ponies and the mere suggestion of riding a horse herself. It was followed by a question posed her sister, Nida.

"Nida Perl, is that a subtle request for a lesson in healing I hear," he smirked before downing the last of his blue milk, and as he put down the empty wooden cup his gaze dropped to it as fingers fidgeted with it. "To tell you the truth, I have not been a doctor for some time. That profession was forced to take a step back after I was asked to serve my king."

But then he looked back up at her and smiled again. "Alva's mother Valae now leads the local healing center, as a matter of fact. She took over after I was appointed lordship of this city." Reaching across the table, he placed his hand upon hers for a reassuring squeeze.

"We could go see her together before you kids decide to return to Kashyyyk," he suggested, his smile faltering somewhat as he laid eyes on her eye-patch.

Reaching for a napkin to wipe his lips and moustache of any blue residue, he calmly stood and walked behind his granddaughter, gently touching her shoulder.

"Alva, how about you take Kyra and go check out the ponies? It's still daylight and the feast isn't going anywhere. We'll be here when you get back."

Seeing the two girls off, Thurion would then take a seat where there were now two seats empty, right across from Nida and Thirdas, the latter of whom suspected what would come next. The King's head tilted to the side as if trying to examine her injury from afar.

"You feel like telling me what's going on there, Nida? Does your mother know?"

Thirdas was about to open his mouth in her defense, but the touch of his father's hand on his let him know he wasn't in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom