Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Colonial Union | On Stranger Tides [Open to GA]

Her lifeline. It pulled at her senses and she followed it, her battered body slowly shifting in response under the remains of the cloak. Corners draped over her legs and arms slid away at the movement, revealing heavily bruised limbs under a shredded mess of gold and obsidian satin, once a gown fit for a queen, now so filthy and torn it was unrecognizable. A grotesque mosaic of what looked to be bite marks ran up and down her pale flesh, bright red with inflammation. Running from her left hip up and across her back were four long, bleeding gashes, the two in the middle cutting deeper than the others.

His mother would have killed for a dress like this back on Kuat. So modern and refined, it would have looked stunning when it was new. However, now it was a ripped-up mess much like the woman who was wearing it.

At least she is conscious, it's a start...

Medical scans would confirm some internal bleeding and a handful of fractured (but not broken) bones, as if something had attempted to crush her from all sides. Too fresh, too early for infection to set in, but without treatment, it absolutely would. Surgery to stem the bleeding and repair the pierced blood vessels in her body would indeed be required, as well as closing any large, open wounds.

The Doctor turned to address both the stranger and the engineer before sighing at the sight of the passed-out woman.

So unprofessional...

With the quick snap of his head, he addressed the stranger.

"Your partner in crime is in critical condition with some internal bleeding and some cracked ribs. If she is not treated right away, the infection that is possible with cuts like these alone will kill her if not the internal bleeding itself. I of course will do the surgery for you. I only ask that you leave
the room with that engineer so I don't have anyone looking over my shoulder or any tripping hazards."

With that, Doctor Besh took a breathing mask down from the ceiling and put it over his patient's face, pumping it full of sleeping gas that he hoped would still be effective after their long journey.

Last edited:
SlP6Ztv.png

Attn: Vyra Silara Vyra Silara | Doctor Røyskatt ”Roy” Besh Doctor Røyskatt ”Roy” Besh | Verse Branden Verse Branden

The scene in the medbay was one of utter pandemonium. By the console, the Pioneer lay flat on the floor, passed out from the shock of whatever she had read on that antiquated console. The doctor was trying to calm down the tense and exhausted warlord while alarms went on and off around them. Yet, in the midst of it all, there was one sound the warlord zeroed in on, barely more than a whisper, yet, to him, it drowned out everything else.

"Kainan...?"

Her
voice. That voice which, to him, was always like a song, so bright and full of life, yet now it sounded so ragged, so frail and tired as she called out to him. He was by her side in the blink of an eye, crossing the distance in two quick strides like a force of nature that would tear apart anything that had the audacity to get in the way. And then, he stopped, abruptly, his hands trembling by his side as if he was afraid to touch her. Afraid that if he did, those horrible talons of his would cut into the flesh of her battered hand.

"Its alright," he said. "I'm here. Always here for you," he answered her, the look in his eyes one of anguish, of pure misery, as if some vile thing had stabbed him through the heart.

Carefully, he reached out. Slowly, gently, as if he was handling the most precious thing in the universe, he laid a hand on top of hers, to reassure her he was there. "You're safe. It didn't get through the portal."

He had always put up walls. Had donned the mask of the stoic, implacable leader that couldn't be broken or perturbed by anything the universe might throw at him, a lighthouse in a chaotic, stormy sea, always standing tall, indomitable. It was what his people needed of him, what the galaxy was required to see. Yet here, now, he could barely muster up the energy to stand, to breathe. He couldn't have cared less how those present saw him, even if the thought had crossed his mind. Vyra was the only thing that mattered, everything else be damned.

And he knew he couldn't help her. Not in the shape he was in. Waging a furious war in his mind against every instinct and impulse he had, he forced himself to step back, to give the doctor room to work.

The stranger sighed, hands clenching and unclenching several times, the sharp, unnatural talons on his fingers piercing the flesh of his palms. He didn't even notice the pain, or the blood dripping down on the cold, metal floor. He did not give up his weapons. He had, throughout his life, always carried weapons, until it became second nature to him. To be unarmed would have felt the same as being unclothed and truth be told, he couldn't take his mind off his wife for long enough to even consider that request.

"We were attacked," he said. "By a creature." An abomination of flesh, sorcery and metal. "I tried to keep it away from her, but it was too fast. She was bitten several times before I got to her," he explained, his features contorted in an expression of frustration. If only he'd been faster. If only he knew what that creature's capabilities were. He had never encountered anything like it, before. He had thrown the wrath of hell at the creature and it just shrugged off all of his attacks. The truth was they barely made it out alive.

Casting a glance at the Pioneer on the floor, he realized how confused these people must have been. Judging by the state their ship was in and its archaic design, it must have been a sleeper ship of some kind, likely blown off course and cast adrift by some unfortunate mishap. Its occupants must have been in stasis for thousands of years, at least, only to awake to a scene of utter chaos.

It took everything he had to stand up and turn around. He had to fight himself to walk, every step harder to take as the distance between him and his wife grew. Yet, he knew there was nothing he could do in here. He had to trust this doctor and he knew he would be more of a hindrance if he stayed. So, he did what he was told. He left the room, even if doing so made him feel like he was dying.

"Your ship was like this when we found it," he said, before the doors slid shut behind him. "Save my wife and I'll help your people make it out of here in one piece."

SlP6Ztv.png

"Your ship was like this when we found it,"
"Of that, I have no doubt..." He figured that something had gone horribly wrong when he saw the malfunctioning pods filled with human goop. Maybe it was someone on the ship's staff who sabotaged the ship from the beginning or a colossal failure of the internal systems of the ship. But he didn't have time for that, he had a patient to save.

The Doctor started by suiting up, putting his gloves on before removing the female's dress. He then placed an IV system in her arm with the right type of her blood based on the medical scan. He then started opening up his female patient as minimally as possible, looking to find the source of the internal bleeding and when he did find the open blood vessel, he placed a ballon device inside to stop the bleeding while he repaired the aorta. Once that was done, he worked on setting her broken bones using metal rods and pins. Finally, he sewed up his patient and put bandages with his own Herbal Anti-Inflammatory Paste that had made on Kuat to help prevent infection.

Roy took a breath as he backed away from the operating table, having spent 2-3 hours during his operation. The woman's pulse and blood flow levels seemed to be within normal parameters. All he needed to do was let the patient rest and recover her strength. He went out of the room to find the stranger, glad to tell him that he had good news instead of the alternative.

Barbie Barnabas

Pirate Queen from the Wild of Space
Ship: Star Lancer
Weapon: Sonic blaster
Tagging: Sebastian Krane Sebastian Krane / Open

"What!?" She noticed their confusion.
She had her hands up, so why were they looking at her like that?

BB (Barbie B.) had quite a recollection of the militaristic overlords her family had fled from. She had been versed in that there was no reasoning with them, once they had sighted you as an enemy of the state.
Like, they were all armed, no? And she had after all, technically broken in...forced entry. No doubt they were going to arrest her.
So why were they all looking at her strangely, if she had her hands up?

"Look... I was barely holding orbit when I spotted this ship drifting toward the system. I mean..it wasn't lit up like you have it now. It looked abandoned...a drifting wreck from where I was." She couldn't bare the silence, especially from the Governor/general Sebastian Krane Sebastian Krane

"I waited till you drifted closer to my ship before I used what little fuel I had left to get close enough to dock." She started explaining to what seemed an amusement to a few of the governor-general's men.

"It's not like I snuck up on you. I mean... I tried radioing several times, even knocked. My ship rather...it thumped into yours before we docked. I didn't damage your hull though...at least I don't think so.
I thought maybe I could find some fuel...any fuel, as my ship can burn just about anything.

Really, I am on empty tanks." she continued to ramble on. Well, why not explain, seeing that they weren't jumping to tackle her like she remembered.

"Anyway...if I knew this ship was occupied, I would have asked. But it looked lifeless...until just now." Well, what more could she say?
Were they or weren't they going to arrest her?

"Seriously, how long do you think I can keep my hands up like this?"

if they're watching anyways

There were moments where she could feel the flow guide her. An invisible current, pushing her forward, dormant for awhile but rising to a roar at any given moment. For the past few days it had been a quiet trickle; a nudge in the right direction, a nod of encouragement. Every jump made by the Outbound Flight flotilla felt as though they were getting closer.

Until now, she hadn't known to what.

"Captain Drake," she said, "I'm joining your kybernauts, should they be needed for any expeditions shortly. I would advise against aggression, but- I trust your judgement." She gave him a nod. As the New Jedi Order's liaison to the project, she'd been granted some special access. Still, joining the kybernauts seemed a step past what her assigned role was meant to entail.

Her intent stated, she strode off the bridge. Down to the barracks, into the EVA suit, over to the hangar -- and surely, in time, into the void.

The girl's words confirmed his suspicions. They had been boarded by scavengers. Desperate ones, too, by the looks of it. If it weren't for their tinkering with the ship's systems, the colonists would have likely never woken up, so, if anything, the arrival of these scavengers had saved ten million lives. Or, however many were still left, the voice in his head said gloomily. The stasis systems... hadn't been designed to last so long.

"You can put your hands down, lady," the Governor said, trying to calm the frightened scavenger. "So long as you keep that gun holstered and don't start randomly pressing buttons, you ain't under arrest."

"Now, as for your problem, we'll take a look at it, but that will have to wait. Right now, I've got ten million people in cryo, stuck in those pods for god knows how long and a ship that's falling apart around us, so-"

"Governor!" shouted an engineer-looking type as he ran down the corridor, an ancient-looking datapad in his hands. "Governor! You need to see this!"

"Take it easy, son," responded the Governor. "Slow down. Now, what's so urgent that you had to run all the way here to show me?"

"Sir... Contact. On the long range sensors. Headed straight for us," the engineer reported between labored breaths, handing the Governor the datapad. "With the state the ship is in, we can't be sure, but..."

Damn, Sebastian thought. Troubles never came alone. "Is it an asteroid?" he asked, trying to make sense of the readings on the datapad. Whatever it was, it was too far away for their sensors to identify, especially with all the malfunctions afflicting the ship. But if it was a rock or some kind of space debris, they were in serious trouble. With the state the ship was in, he doubted it could accelerate fast enough to get out of the way.

"Its too far away to make out a shape, but... We don't think so," responded the engineer. "With the malfunctions, we can't be sure, but... We think it changed speed several times... We think its a ship, sir."

A ship? Well, it was too big to be scavengers, which raised the possibility that they might have unknowingly tresspassed into another nation's territory. "Well? Have you tried contacting it?"

"We did, sir. No response," replied the engineer. "We can't tell whether our comms are dead, or they use completely different frequencies than we do, or they're simply too far away, but they don't appear to have picked up our hails."

"Damn. Find me someone capable of piloting and spool up a shuttle," the governor instructed. His head turning back to the scavenger, he waved at her to join his party. "Sorry, lady. Seems we've got a situation unfolding, here. Your fuel's gonna' have to wait, but feel free to join us on the bridge if you want to. Or I can have someone find you a place to wait this out, if you'd prefer."

SlP6Ztv.png

The shower had been ice-cold and it sputtered like it hadn't been turned on in a thousand years. Well, more than a thousand years. It was surprising it still worked at all. But after the ordeal in the Netherworld, it felt like the best thing in the world. Well, almost the best thing in the world. His wife's smile took the number one spot and there wasn't anything in the universe that could beat that. His thoughts wandered to her as he threw on the clothes the colonists had found for him, some kind of civilian outfit that looked like it came out of a history holo, but they fit and were reasonably sturdy and functional.

The colonists had upheld their end of the bargain. Even now, as exhausted as he was, he could feel her heartbeat, echoing out through the Force. No longer weak and fluttering, but steady. Safe. So, he would uphold his promise to aid them.

Sleep would just have to wait a little longer.

When the call went out for a shuttle pilot, he pitched in. To his surprise, it turned out he was the only pilot available and there just wasn't enough time to thaw another. Luckily, though the colonists' technology was ancient, the basic principles of flying a ship were the same regardless of how antiquated the controls might be. Every single shuttle or fighter would have the basic flight stick, throttle lever and orientation controls. The rest, he could figure out and that was enough, as long as he could make do with basic maneuvers.

As the shuttle's engines spun up and the C-Sec squad checked their suits, some admin officer briefed him on the situation. A ship, or group of ships, was headed in their direction and was not responding to hails. So a plan B was hatched to have a shuttle fly out and use its spotlight to signal a mayday code, which he immediately decided to change, as whatever their code was, it was unrecognizable by modern standards and would not be understood. He tapped a few buttons on the ancient datapad, struggling for a few minutes to figure out the controls, but he eventually rewrote the pattern of flashes into something better, though the C-Sec officer in charge of operating the spotlight gave him a quizzical look.

"Your code is outdated," he explained. "That is the standard SOS code in use throughout most of the galaxy, now," the former Sith Lord indicated. Fortunately, the officer just nodded and didn't press further with any questions. As exhausted as he was, Kainan wasn't looking forward to the prospect of having to tell stories.

With a wave of his taloned hand, he motioned for everyone to get to their seats as he flicked the switches marked as hatch controls. To his displeasure, the thing made a horrific sound, as if it was slamming against something. Right. These ancient things don't have automatic locking and unlocking mechanisms. Scanning the panel, his eyes found the correct controls and he swiftly resolved the issue, making sure to lock the hatch again after it closed, since it was essential that the atmosphere stayed inside the shuttle instead of venting out into space. Some hangar mechanism then pushed the ship into an airlock (this thing didn't have forcefields, he noted) and the comms crackled to life.

"Shuttle one, this is control, come in," said the voice on the comms.

"This is shuttle one. We read you loud and clear. All systems are..." Kainan paused for a second as he made sense of the mechanical dials and indicator lights in the cockpit. "...Green," he said, somewhat hesitantly.

"Copy that, shuttle one. You are cleared for departure. Repeat, you are go for launch, shuttle one. Godspeed and good luck out there."

Luck. It was something he spat on with regularity. If he had relied on luck, he would have never survived the slave pens. Luck was a useless concept that didn't do anything useful, it was hard work and careful planning that solved problems.

As the great doors of the airlock slid open, he slowly pushed the throttle forward, the antique shuttle shaking a little at first, soliciting nervous looks from the C-Sec militiamen, but then flew out without any incidents.

"Remember to keep your weapons holstered once we're in their hangar bay," Kainan said as the shuttle raced towards its destination. It wouldn't serve any purpose to make the occupants of the unknown ship nervous. And if they did turn out to be hostile... Well... He had no illusions that the crew of the small shuttle had any chance to survive. The mysterious ship was a spec against the black void of space, too far away to identify with the naked eye and the shuttle's sensors weren't powerful enough to even pick it up yet, but he had no doubt that they were already well within the sensor range of the new arrivals. They'd probably be scrambling fighters by now. "Start flashing that code," he instructed.

"But... We're too far away," responded the C-Sec officer.

"No, we're not. In fact, we are probably going to have company soon," the former Sith Lord retorted. He didn't know what security protocols the mysterious ship had, but it was a safe bet that they would be dispatching a combat air patrol to investigate. It was better to show non-hostile intentions as quickly as possible.

As the officer started flicking switches on the control panel, Kainan pulled the throttle lever back and fired the reverse thrusters, the small shuttle slowing down as its spotlight flashed the rhythmic, coded message that was their desperate call for help.

SlP6Ztv.png

Barbie Barnabas

Pirate Queen from the Wild of Space
Ship: Star Lancer
Weapon: Sonic blaster
Tagging: Sebastian Krane Sebastian Krane / Open

It took a moment to realize he weren't playing with her, but she finally lowered her hands, nodding.

"Sure... you're not going to get any trouble from me."

Her eyes instinctively looked over the ship...well, the corridor anyway when the gov/gen revealed that there were literally an entire population of people on board. BB understood cryo, as she had been in several cryo cycles. It had been necessary as her vessel at the time it left her system had only sub-light drives...a combination of ion and pulse detonation technology. Her people had yet to break or even approach light speed.

Ten million people on board? Had she heard that right?
That were almost what her own world had in population.

"Bridge." She blurted out when given a choice.
She had experienced the latter on her home world. Detained in a holding cell for days till her father whom were an asset to the Empire managed for the authorities to release her into his custody. And all she had done was skip out twice on a propaganda class when she were 10.

"The bridge If you don't mind... I'll stick with you and your company, commandant..." BB replied, still unsure as to what they were going to do with her. The notion of helping her out with the fuel was still uncertain. Like what would they expect in return? No one gave anything away-
Oh wait...her pirate friends did. They had given her hyperdrive engines after they picked her ship up.
But these people, this governor/general were not like the the pirates she knew...nor were they seemingly like the overlords she were used to. Well, at least not Sebastian anyway.

The party quickly moved out, with BB tagging along.

Sure enough, to Barbie, the ship weren't so different in construction than what she remembered the large battle cruisers of her former oppressor's, the Constantine Empire. Only this vessel were more advanced...like a hybrid between her own people's tech and that of the general galaxy, that she had only recently discovered.

"So.... so you people are not from around here too, huh?" She tried conversing with one of the sentries.
Well, she at least assumed he were, as he were armed and had been pointing his blaster at her before ordered to put it down...

Last edited:
It's one of life's mysteries, sir...
3rd Expeditionary Squadron
Tags: Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause , Atlas Drake Atlas Drake , open!

Having an office of her own was unusual for the Alliance colonel, recently promoted to CAG - Commander, Air Group - of the Pegasus. It was a surprise for sure, and welcome or not, it was an honor and challenge that Kathryn however reluctantly had accepted. Reluctantly, not because of self doubt but because of worry to be too far away from the action and her old wingman and the rest of the squadron. After careful consideration, and with promises that she would be given quite free hands and be keeping her fighter, she had accepted it.

She was sitting by her desk scrolling through a datapad on the table, reading through planned excersises, when the intercom in front of her buzzed and a male voice came through.

''Colonel Foster, your presence is requested at the C.I.C. Commodore Kathause will brief you on spot.''

Kathryn raised an eyebrow and looked at the intercom. The officer speaking to her was short and to the point. She could hear on the tone that it was something more than just an excersise. Something well more than an excersise. She peered her eyes slightly before pushing the button to confirm the call.

''Alright, I'll be right there. Thanks.''

She let go of the button and shut down the screen of the datapad before she stood up, corrected her short, steel grey and maroon dress uniform jacket on the way to the door and left the office heading through the halls of the Alliance flagship - Kat's Wrath, as it was called. The officers quarters was, conveniently enough, not that far from the C.I.C. and she was in the room within a couple of minutes. She heard the voice of commodore Kathause and noticed her by one of the panels, requesting a sitrep from captain Drake.

Colonel Foster walked over to Kathause, letting her finish the conversation with Drake with her hands behind her back, before she would salute the commodore.

From one of the various malfunctioning pods of human goop small sparks of light would arc from within. As the energy increased from within the pod would open reveling a human skeleton wearing paramilitary gear and a old protosaber. the rest of his gear to damaged or covered in goop to confirm what it is or if it still works. A smoky blue light could be dimly seen from within the eye sockets as it rose out of its pod. <"Yep I still cant die right of course....wait were am I now."> Ty stated in confusion looking around at the other pods. Realizing he still had his gear he thought for a moment before shaking his head.

<"guess she's still not content with me dyeing just yet"> walking forward he began looking around Trying to make sense of were he was sent to by Abolith might be a bit harder than he thought as he doesn't recognize the ships make or model and walking around inside is like a maze of sorts <"any force users on board care to stop by the dude smoothie containers down here and give me a little help finding my way I'm a bit lost.> Ty stated threw a telepathic message aimed at force users though his force signature would come of as more dark dead and unnatural.

Aiura Wryth

A

fR4JjAR.png

Cryopod 71-Besh-43132
SlP6Ztv.png

There had been a disturbance in the Force...

Sound came back first, distant and tinny. Echoes flowed through what passed for consciousness in the space between cryosleep and full wakefulness. Moments passed like eons, yet in next to no time at all other senses came alert. Light pressed through closed eyelids, shades sensed through tendrils along with a host of other information. All at once it was too much, the pink figure in the cryopod cringed, shutting her eyelids ever more tightly as her mind dragged itself from the dregs of cryosleep.

A song pierced through it, not heard through her ears but felt through her soul as her now more conscious mind felt the sweet caress of the Force. She was able to focus more with that song flowing through her, she was able to pull herself fully from the fugue caused by the chemicals that induced her cryosleep so long ago. She did a mental check on her body, but the real test would come when she was released from the tube.

As if on cue, a trio of beeps came from overhead, and a sheath of transparisteel slid down in front of her, allowing her egress from the tube when she was ready.

Blinking her eyes, she finally saw the cryobay around her, bathed in a myriad of colors as the indicators on some of the other tubes blinked red, orange, yellow, and green. Showing the statuses of those who had taken the chance to see the future.

She stepped forward onto the platform, then winced as her body resisted the movements. She focused for a moment, soothing herself with the song that was ever-present within her.

"Who knew that ten thousand years could give you such a crick in the neck..." She muttered to herself, rubbing her neck with a hand.

"It has been closer to twenty-five thousand years, Colonist Wryth." A crackling feminine voice spoke from everywhere and nowhere.

"Ugh, I remember you." She smiled and straightened. The computer was still with them it would seem, though from the sound of it the years had worn on it far more than on her. "Call me Aiura. We've been together a long time now...though it seems as if no time has passed." This last part she muttered once more, looking around.

"Correct, that would be the effects of the cryogenic protocols." The computer didn't change inflection, which always irked Aiura. She simply nodded in response.

She turned back to her tube, pulling out a shelf from the back of the tube that hid a small cache of her stuff, and she quickly dressed in her simple clothes.

There had been a disturbance in the Force...

She turned towards the entrance of the bay she was in and began to slowly walk that way. There was a dissonance in the song, she could feel it. She felt a need to know what it was.

"Warning, my systems are not operational in all areas outside of this bay, you may not have my services once you leave." The computer spoke as it sensed her moving towards the exit.

"Thanks." Was the only response she gave as she stepped up to the bay door and pressed the release before stepping through it and into the unknown.
wGnzuvz.png

Traumatized Carrier-Loving Mess
{Location: ANV Pegasus - C.I.C}
{3rd Expeditionary Squadron - Outbound Flight Program - Commodore Kathause in Command}
{Relevancy List: Atlas Drake Atlas Drake , Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster , Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe , Sebastian Krane Sebastian Krane -- So sorry for the late response}

"Colonel..." She quickly turned around to address Kathryn Foster Kathryn Foster 's salute, "At ease."

Anxious eyes scanned downward once more, Liedran devoting the majority of her attention to the scattered red and green dots on the sensor display. Next moves... Next moves... Her hands glided along a datapad mounted at the console's side, and a brief re-read of its contents ensued. Once satisfied, the commodore passed it to Foster.

"These are the compiled mission reports. Give 'em a quick look, will you...?" Her tone trailed off near the end, however, while her eyes took sight of a new blip on their radar, "Mister Foffin...What's that? Bearing...10. Mark 1."

"Looks like some kind of shuttle. Direct course for us, ma'am." The Pantoran took another few glances over the navigator's shoulder.

"Get Spotlight Squadron up and ready to intercept. Weapons-Hold. Keep a comfortable distance. Send out a hail while we're at it, and put Intrepid between us both."

The commodore's commands quickly came into fruition, a single squadron of X-wings passing through a grid of various fighters from the Pegasus and her escort vessels. Engines fired on and off again, meanwhile, at the stern of the light cruiser Intrepid and brought a widened triangular frame to eclipse the Pegasus's own. Simultaneously, nearby frigates fired up their own sub-light arrays and took various positions around the fleet to screen against incoming attack.

Hopefully, Liedran told herself, it wouldn't come to that. Even though she had little reason to worry. After all, they had the advantage of both numbers and firepower in comparison to the rag-tag group of vessels beyond their bows. But looks were often beyond deceiving, and she had no way to confirm that they weren't all being led into a trap. After all, the expedition conveniently managed to detect a force anomaly that conveniently could not be verified by conventional sensors. Conveniently, they ran into an unexplored planet on their way, and conveniently, their approach revealed an unrecognizable vessel, and a "civilian" flotilla.

She knew exactly how devastating similar deceptions could be, far too well for the commodore not to shiver at the similarities that came to her attention.

Paranoia isn't a good look on you, Lieutenant. A familiar voice resurfaced in her mind.
I'm not paranoid... Just...concerned.
Good. But lighten up a little bit. You're scaring me.
That makes two of us.

"Spotlight has intercepted... No confirmation as to the shuttle's class," The comms officer quickly stopped in his tracks, a tinge of confusion and relief mixed in to his expression, "They're blinking a pattern... It's an S.O.S signal, sirs."

"They haven't answered any of our hails yet?" Liedran quickly received her answer in the form of a quick shake of the head, "Form around them... Have Lieutenant Dullen fire a suppressive shot beyond their bow, and signal a halt..."

"Life-signs?"

"Not many, ma'am. They don't seem particularly equipped for a fight, either. Dullen's confirming no other signs of aggression."

"Alright... Get a shuttle in the air, and have a marine fire team ready," The commodore's eyes now turned to her CAG, "Well, Miss Foster, we'll need a liaison from the senior staff aboard that shuttle." Her expression quickly turned from joking to concerned, however, "Stay safe, And run at the first sign of trouble."

It's one of life's mysteries, sir...
3rd Expeditionary Squadron
Tags: Liedran Kathause Liedran Kathause , Atlas Drake Atlas Drake , Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe , Sebastian Krane Sebastian Krane , open!

Colonel Foster scrolled through the pages on the datapad recieved from commodore Kathause. Experienced eyes picked up the important bits and left the more irrelevant details be, all because time was not on their side as the commodore spotted something else on the screen in front of them. A shuttle of unknown contents as well as intents with its peculiar move advancing at them all alone.

Kathryn joined the Liedran in examining the blip and its trek towards them, as well as the dispatched squadron of X-wings that quickly commenced their interception of the unidentified shuttle. What few assesments they could make through scans and Spotlight Squadron reports having visuals on the shuttle gave them some answers. It was in distress of some sort. At least, that was what they meant to look like. Question was how true it was or if something else hid behind that signal. The colonel was not exactly worried, given they had the numbers and firepower to meet a moderate military fleet, but she was curious to the nature.

''I'm on it, commodore.'' she said shortly, pulling a soft smirk and a nod at the commodores next order going from joking to concerned. Running was not something that laid in her nature, but it was way easier to regroup and push yourself to the limit in a fighter cockpit out in space, than doing so while boarding a small cramped shuttle. Boarding operations in itself came with more than a few risks. Kathryn gave back the datapad before saluting her superior once again, before turning and leaving the C.I.C with sure and decisive steps.

While she made her way through the corridors of Pegasus, following the signs to the hangar bay, she pulled up the right side of the jacket and checked the indicators of the LBP-3 Light Blaster Pistol by pulling it halfway out of the holster. Locked and loaded. She strongly doubted that she had to use it for this task. After all, she would go in with a squad of fully armed marines. So, what could possibly happen?

She soon arrived at the hangar bay and met the marines by their own shuttle. Wasting no time, they all boarded and the marines were given a short final briefing by their squad leader as they left the hangar to rendezvous with Spotlight.

''Alright. Since they seem to be having trouble with their comms, we'll have to follow their lead using light signals.'' she said to the crew as they approached the spot.

''Transmit this message: This is the 1st Expeditionary Fleet of the Galactic Alliance. We have recieved your signal of distress. State your emergency and number of souls on-board. We mean to aid you in what ways we can. Before we can safely board you, and that way help you, we need to know more about your situation.''

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom