Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Hyper Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbie Barnabas

Pirate Queen from the Wild of Space
HYPER BLASTER

jrwY1zk.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: A personal weapon of Barbie Barbie...that would be me. :)
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Unknown manufacturer, for God only knows...it were part of my vessel's arsenal I think. Look, I were 12 years of age when I left my home world of Yamo Go. This blaster along with other contraptions were already on board.....so...
  • Affiliation: Barbie Barbie
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: Sonic Blaster
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique (Only One Character)
  • Material: durasteel, plastic...rubber grips and yes; a multi-cell battery pack.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Blaster
  • Size: Average, as it 's almost the size of them E-11 blasters those troopers use.
  • Weight: Average...not too heavy. I mean, well I can easily hold it with two hands. Have to rest it on my hips or like in the photo on my knee. I'd say light as it doesn't shoot heavy rounds but sonic sound in varying frequencies.
  • Ammunition Type: Sonic frequency. It is created in the chamber as a sonic wave length and has no mass.
  • Ammunition Capacity: As long as the power cell light is between green to yellow, the hyper-blaster can produce the disrupting teeth shattering frequency. Red means it's time to charge the unit or replace the power cell.
  • Effective Range: Not too far really. It's not a long range weapon at all. The closer it is to what it needs to destroy or stun, the more efficient it is. I'd say max effective range would be 10 meters, as it dissipates by distance.
  • Rate of Fire: Low I would imagine. One blast at a time.
  • Damage Output: Varies with setting and range. A man's internal skeletal system, including organs can explode entirely at 1 meter range. That's with or without armor. Two meters, certain death but no popping of bodies like pimples. Effectiveness diminishes with distance. 10 meters, not lethal at all, just excruciating pain before bodies drop, much like a stun gun. Over that range it's useless really. Oh...and it's power level and frequency can be toned down. Said above examples are at full output frequency and power.
  • Recoil: None

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • It can shatter durasteel at close range of less than 1 meter. Ex: It's much like a jackhammer on concrete, just that the hyper blaster's frequency can break down durasteel in small pieces at a time, but it has to be worked close like a jackhammer. I'd give it the same amount of time it takes for a lightsaber to cut through dura-steel.
  • Can certainly shatter a man with or without armor at 1 meter
  • Output can be varied down in frequency so as to only stun at 1 meter

STRENGTHS
  • See special features

WEAKNESSES
  • Lots
  • Max effective range varies with distances. Max performance output at 1 meter range or less
  • Over 5 meters it can only shatter glass and incapacitate, but not kill.
  • Over 10 meters, it's just annoying. Could give someone a migraine ..I don't know.
  • For those who don't understand the above weakness stated...this weapon is most dangerous at point blank range. Like who in their right mind will allow someone to get that close?

DESCRIPTION

The said blaster was one which Barbie Barbie had come by on her vessel the Star Lancer.

One must understand where this precious little woman came from to know of her lack of modern tech. BB (that would be Barbie Barbie) were not even a teen (she were 12 to be exact) when she and her immediate family set sail at sub-light to reach the stars...or star...goddamn any star at that speed..sheesh. Anyway, read BB's bio and you'll get the jif.

This blaster is by all standards a steam-punk tech weapon. It is likely BB's main choice of weapon and tool, as it certainly can gnarl through a blast door. She has chosen the life of pirating you see, as she were recued by pirates after drifting for 13 years as the sole survivor of that unfaithful attempt at reaching another star at sub-light. I did mention steam-punk tech, right?
Yes, unfortunately she were either going to run out of rations or -.. shoot, this is about the blaster, not her life story. Apologies.
Read on....

This blaster was made on her home world of Yamo Go (will sub that system out soon) which is steam-punk based tech only. Yamo Go or Go-Gos as one would call it's inhabitants never developed modern ship engine designs such as hyperdrive and nerdy stuff like that.

Oh...and it is very...very unlikely that BB will ever come to kill anyone with it, as it's not in her character to do so. Hence, why it is subbed as a personal weapon.
Now of course this is where I must state for legality reasons that if said weapon should be confiscated or used by another party in however means which includes and not limited to theft, captured as in by means of surrendering said weapon in active story, and may make use of it, that BB shall not be held accountable for any consequential or indirect damages to life and or properties.

Weapon is not for sale. Make your own.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jsc

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Barbie Barnabas Barbie Barnabas

Interesting initial reaction is this is a joke submission. The fields will need to be filled out properly. For both balancing and posterity purposes.

Manufacturer: God only knows...it were part of my vessel's arsenal I think. Look, I were 12 years of age when I left my home world of Yamo Go. This blaster along with other contraptions were already on board.....so...

Unknown manufacturer would be fine.

Material: What is it made out of? How the hell do I know? It's..uhm, metal got some things .. ~sigh~...I don't know...durasteel, plastic...rubber grips and yes, a battery pack.

Materials will need to be listed

• Size: See image of me holding it. WAIT..it 's almost the size of them there E-11 blasters those troopers use. Yea :D
  • Weight: Not too heavy. I mean, well I can easily hold it with two hands. Have to rest it on my hips or like in the photo on my knee. I'd say light as it doesn't shoot heavy rounds but sonic sound in varying frequencies.
  • Ammunition Type: Power cell that does need charging after a while. There is this little light that when it turns yellow it means I have to charge it. If it's red, it's not going to function.
  • Ammunition Capacity: As long as there is some kind of atmosphere, the hyper-blaster can produce the disrupting teeth shattering frequency.
  • Effective Range: Not too far really. It's not a long range weapon at all. The closer it is to what it needs to destroy the more efficient it is.
  • Rate of Fire: Low I would imagine. One blast at a time.
  • Damage Output: Varies with setting and range. A man's internal skeletal system, including organs can explode entirely at 1 meter range. Two meters, certain death but no popping like a pimple. 10 meters, just excruciating pain then drop, much like a stun gun. Not lethal at all. Over that range, it' just pisses the big guys off...useless. Oh...and it's power level and frequency can be toned down. Said examples are at full output frequency . :)
  • Recoil: None

• Size: (Please choose a size between Extremely Large, Very Large, Large, Average, Small, Very Small, Extremely Small.)
  • Weight: (Please choose a weight between Extremely Heavy, Very Heavy, Heavy , Average, Light, Very Light, Extremely Light.)
  • Ammunition Type: (List the ammunition type: Power cell, gas canister, slugs, etc.)
  • Ammunition Capacity: (List the ammunition capacity. The more powerful and lighter the weapon, the lower the magazine capacity is likely to be. Please choose a size between Extremely Small, Very Small, Small, Average, Large, Very Large and Extremely Large. You may also include a number with the Rating)
  • Effective Range: (Effective range in relation to the weapon type. Remember that a carbine will have a longer range than a pistol, an assault rifle longer range than a carbine, and a sniper rifle longer than an assault rifle. Choose from None, Point Blank, Personal, Average, Long Range, Battlefield, and Extreme. Battlefield and Extreme will require justification in strengths and weaknesses.)
  • Rate of Fire: (How quickly the weapon fires. Choose from None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, and Extremely High. Very High and Extreme will require justification in the strengths and weaknesses.)
  • Damage Output: (How powerful the weapon is, in relation to its class. Choose from None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, and Extreme. Very High and Extreme will require justification in strengths and weaknesses.)
  • Recoil: (How much recoil does the weapon have? Generally speaking, the lighter the weapon and the more damage output it has, the more recoil it will have. Also, certain types of weapons will not have recoil. Choose from Extreme, Very High, High, Average, Low, Very Low, and None.)

Barbie Barnabas

Pirate Queen from the Wild of Space
Ok...spruced it up to include required standards.
But one should understand that sub is submitted IC and it is certainly not a joke but a viable prop for BB to use/not use in role playing. Just justifying some of her odd system's tech and weaponry that BB will be noted lugging around.

Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom