Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Report Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you definitely didn't go too far into it... If I saw the submission anywhere else, even without the picture, I would have thought instantly of Azula. He made Azula in star wars. ._.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Matsu Ike"]

I think -he- went too far with the submission. I'd ask for more edits or deny that.

Anyways, if anything needs to be secondary judged, just let me know. Valiens doesn't have to do all the work himself. (though if he wants to, I have nothing against it) :p

This particular one takes into account the Yuuzan vong destroying them and kicking them off their planet more or less, but yeah that's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/48484-golka/

Alright bringing this up and getting opinions from you guys cause well. The more I look at it the more I don't like it. The creature has all the strengths of the species going into it and in some cases they are stronger then the original.

• Strengths:

Plating on the golka’s head and back are lightsaber resistant

• Capable of photokinetic cloaking

• When cornered will make use of battlemind to attempt survival

• Adapts and learns from each hunt

• Taozin armour plates distort their presence in the force, but do not completely conceal it

Tirdarius

Photokinetic Cloaking: put simply, using telekinetic capability to bend light around you, rendering you invisible to the naked eye, usually achieved by creating a bubble or field around yourself designed to achieve this effect. This would be the most obvious way to fool everyone (and also the simplest), and would naturally include being concealed from Cameras, Droids etc, because there's no physical distortion to detect with the naked eye. However, it only bends light, so you'd still be detectable by sound or via something like thermal imaging, which the field would not be able to restrain.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Blackstalker

Wookiee

As a result of the tampering with their genetics they also gained a very basic ability to use the Force. Normally they used this ability to manifest a primitive form of Force Stealth, but when cornered they were also known to use the Force to bolster their combat ability in a way similar to the power of Battlemind
Now the force stealth of the original creature is primitive and that can mean anything really from it semi mind tricking so yyou don't see it when it is there to much like a hssiss bending the light around it. I honestly would error on the side of it makes itself harder to see with mind tricks to alter your perception and make the brain not want to see it.

In the case of the creature it is protokinetic which as lightbending took thousands upon thousands of years of evolving with the corrupted waters of Lake Naath for the darkside hssiss dragons. There are though still weaknesses with it such as they could be heard growling, they still weighed the same which in mud or dirt would leave a print. It is not a perfect cloak.

The battlemind as well is a dangerous thing as that makes one able to do far more. Take more damage, move faster. Having both of these skills carry over on top of the others just feels very uneasy.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taozin_amulet
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taozin

Now Taozin's are complicated as a species sure hiding and obscuring their presence in the force makes sense. However it makes it kind of hard since for their massive size the nodules of the creatures were able to do the same thing. It having scales that have taozin nodules on each of them would and should more then cover a creature. If one conceals a fully grown adult I am not seeing weakness it them not covering the entire creature. Then add that there are saber resistant ones.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Myrkr
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vornskr
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ysalamir

This is more based on what was told afterwards about how them being bred underground wouldn't hinder or matter. The creatures go crazy and rabid in the presence of the Ysalamir. So breeding them on their world seems like a questionable choice. I don't recall in the books when the creatures are mentioned that their bubble is blocked by anything.

Them learning from each hunt is not really so bad. Even simply creatures do learn after awhile.

What I have so far for my post in the thread.

A taozin nodule can be felt through with advanced tracking skills in the force. It is hard but not impossible. As this creature is not a pure taozin. Its weaknesses having only scales should be on par with this.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taozin_amulet

If they have scales that cloud their presence in the force this would make sensing and bonding with them harder. As a single nodule can conceal a person easily enough, having scales that can do the same wouldn't be diminished by some not covering areas of the body., explain how long it takes one to get through it to bond with them.

All cloaking has limits and weaknesses, this is gaining the ability to cloak from a hybrid creature that could just do it. It should not have a stronger cloak being a hybrid of more creatures and having strengths from all of them. The blackstalkers had a primitive cloak which could range from either bending light or altering perception with an unconscious mint trick so a preys brain didn't want to acknowledge they were there. Photo kinetic cloaking would not make them immune to thermal imaging, to sound, to their own weight leaving prints.

The field created by the ysalamir is not blocked, if it could be then being in a building on Myrkr would allow use of the force and Luke wouldn't have had to leave the planet to feel the force again. These creatures having a weakness of going rabid when in the area of the lizards but are bred on the planet needs to be addressed. Underground is not good enough.

I have been consulting and this species is to strong, the weaknesses do not balance out the strengths, it has strengths from every species that went into it. Blackstalkers cloaking is minor and you made it stronger, taozin nodules ability to hide from force sense but not able to be tracked with advanced force tracking techniques. They have the ability to use battlemind and to top it all off have some saber resistant scales.

This creature will be more weakness and clear limitations of the strengths. Additionally the strengths will need to be narrowed to two at the most from the four (saber resistance, battlemind, cloaking and taozin) even engineered it should not have gained all forms being a hybrid created from among its creatures another hybrid.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
[member="Delila Castillon"]
[member="Mrrew"]
[member="Reverance"]
[member="Quietus"]
[member="Ilias Nytrau"]

And thoughts? Corrections on grammar? Is my statement worded in a way it will not be confused?

[member="Matsu Ike"] - Your statement looks good imo. I do have one thing to add though- Blackstalkers are already genetactically engineered creatures, though they are capable of breeding I imagine it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to genetically engineer a genetically engineered creature- their genes would already be borderline unstable, would they not? I could be wrong, not an expert on things like that.

Right, so: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/49853-washikaji-phoenix/

Technically speaking, what they do is possible. And the fact that it takes thousands of years to do anything makes the main thing about them that worries me obselete, as they'll never be able to use that power really in roleplay. However, they still make me uneasy for multiple reasons... So I'd like a second opinion.

Thanks in advance guys. :)

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Mrrew"]

the ability to convert radiation into power would be tutaminis. In star wars nearly all abilities save some special species ones were manifestations of the force.

I'm currently house-sitting at my parents for the next 3 weeks and unfortunately for me there's a lot more responsibility than I remember. Mowing lawns, walking dogs, refilling the water softener, walking dogs, and did I mention walking dogs?

I should be fine on the subs I'm currently doing but I probably won't be taking many if any new subs for the next week or until I get settled into routine. It's just that having Chaos on my mind is a distraction and makes things rather stressful to deal with.

[member="Coryth Elaris"] | [member="Darth Arcanix"] | [member="Ilias Nytrau"] | [member="Reverance"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom