Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Q&A

sabrina said:
I am just wondering, when I get back I like to put a slave combat battalion unit through codex but closed market. Is their any recommendations for this.

The Codex does not employ the use of "closed market" like the factory does. Your NPC units use are controlled by their affiliation.

I am unsure what you are asking.

sabrina

[member="Mahet"] I am in middle of expanding my company, and would like to sell slave combat units like droids.

I.e. Unsullied

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
[member="sabrina"]

You would structure it the same as any combat unit, using it's template. Given your intent, I would use only mass-produced gear with your availability. Deployment size depends on your intent, but mass or minor would probably be best. For affiliation, just put your company as well as potential buyers (i.e: Wal-Mart and buyers).

Does that help answer your question?

sabrina

Hello again

[member="Elaine Thul"] is going make her forces a pmc, after the six week holiday
[member="Darth Banshee"] will be gathering her own forces, for personal use

per company tier, what would be considered a fair size for task forces.
As their is no rules on it in factory, but I feel their should be, so people can atleast assess what is fair and reasonable.

sabrina said:
per company tier, what would be considered a fair size for task forces.
As their is no rules on it in factory, but I feel their should be, so people can atleast assess what is fair and reasonable.
Incorrect. The Factory very clearly defines the limitations on ship and fleet sizes in the rules.

Two tables under the Starship Forum Rules here: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/105943-new-factory-standardized-rules/?p=1523868

The Task Force template also maxes out the submitted Task Force in question at 2000m per sub. You may submit multiple Task Forces, just make sure you are within the limitations set for the Tier of your company by the Factory.

153e2ea0e26dd3cb61414e1f2c47e0e8.png

8b532f0cd3d11375f4c641fcb4d2e247.png

[member="sabrina"]

Use common sense. There are no factory rules for NPC units because NPCs are Codex territory. I recommend starting with what you think is fair and realistic for the size of your company to own. Just remember that Combat Units are just that - smaller specialized units. They are not meant to be used for entire armies.

Ok, so Codex judge whom reads this, bear with me a moment.

Chlorine is already a chemical compound in the air of a few planets in canon, and Chaos canon. Alongside that is a few species breathe the chemical naturally. This in itself is the basis of an idea I have had for a time, but couldn't think of how to write properly.

Lets say a planet has Chlorine Triflouride, a type of Chlorine, as its main air agent. A species grows use to this, breathes it, lives in it. However, over a hundred thousand generations of trying to live off world, they have begun to fiddle with their genetics, invent tech, etcetera, that way to adapt to living with other chemical atmospherics.

Now they have managed to possess a sac based in their throat, through which oxygen or other atmospherics pass through and are merged with a heavily condensed liquid Chlorine Triflouride, that is turned to gas during that process, making it a sort of wean away from it system. To aid this, they have collars that hold canisters of the liquid that can be pushed through a needle administer system directly to the sac.

Of course being of a planet that had such elements, they would be a tougher reptilian species. From this i imagined their scaly, gravely tongues would be able to scrape a certain point in their teeth to create a spark. Now on the exhale, they can breathe fire. That in mind, over a millenia of this type of ordeal happening on accident, their mouths are further acclimated to the heat, so it doesn't harm them.

Basically imagine Abe from Hell Boy, only the opposite, the water in his collars are actually Chlorine Triflouride, and they can breathe fire because of the chemical they inhale.

Is this feasible?

Obviously I would be giving powerful weaknesses to counter such a heavy strength. Just this base idea, could you see it logically occurring and being approved.

Both. Mainly the fire breathing, though I see it also as a fun perk to write (their trying to blend in society, thus ridding of their need for the chlorine).

Though I will focus on the fire aspect. That's where I wanna really concentrate. A fire breathing reptilian.

[member="Mahet"]

Couldn't find any answer to this anywhere else...but I am wondering....

I am creating a new planet, for a new species...well, sort of. Both are canon via Legends. There isn't too much info about either, so I was just making some cool fluff for them. NOW, my question is, in what way would it be best to submit this monstrocity of submissions? I have the planet, species, plus multiple locations, companies, and other locations all either WIP or planned. Do I submit everything at once, or one by one?

Thanks!

Rekali the Hutt

R
[member="P47HFIND3R"]

Canon species don't need to be submitted, but some people have submitted species and tech stubs to elaborate on their functions/culture/etc. Most submitter's I"ve seen like to submit a planet and species at the same time to show reference to each other, as "Where does this species live?" "In a planet I'm going to sub." can create awkward waiting times. As for companies, locations, etc, aren't as necessary to submit at the same time. That's not say you can't save some time in doing so, using a company or location sub to elaborate on different aspects of the planet or species, but it's not nearly as important.

[member=Rekali the Hutt]

I do understand that I don't need to make a sub for them, but I do want to. Their fluff is severely lacking, and I thought I could put some interesting flavour in.

Now from what you're saying, I'll submit the major submissions at the same time, and update them so they're able to all reference each other, as I understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom