Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Codex Patch 2.1.1

You guys have been throwing some awesome submissions into the Codex, I've never seen so much drive to get lore and such out there which is amazing to see. Keep up the good work!

I have noticed a few things:

1) Clones of actual PCs written by others. - I do want to clarify that you need permission by the writer and the submission needs to be written with tact and avoid any language that could be perceived hurtful to the other person. The writer that does own the character that is being cloned does have the right to shut it down. So please be kind to each other.

2) Images: Please, massively large images either spoiler them or resize them. Thank you.

3) Lore Section: I've heard some rumblings from people about a lore section to flesh out groups of PCs, get Lore information on factions new and old, Events that newer people have no idea what happened in. I'm putting out some feelers and I want to know if people want this to happen or not. Codex has been working hard on gathering information and organizing it so that hunting for planets and locations is easier - but I want to know what you guys feel about fleshing out a true Lore section for Chaos. More information coming either saturday or sunday.

:) Stay classy Chaos.

25mq39.jpg

the lore section was well it wasn't terrible last time it just had a lot of requirements to have the things accepted. Some of the threads for past events just don't exist anymore with the wipe when a good amount of things happened. (raid on jedi and sith vaults, dark harvest, geneocide of togoria to name a few) the dominions and places that were established. Some groups like when Omega Protectorate/Pyre were starting to go against the Bando Gora. I honestly enjoyed the lore section and having it back well could be very fun to have.

Lady Of Lore

Books and Cleverness (And Emots)
Kaine Australis said:
[member="Lady Of Lore"] section? Yes! Totally worth it!
You big goof, you, [member="Kaine Australis"]. <3

But I'm all for a Lore section (I love lore! It's even my actual OOC name!), especially concerning site-wide 'canon' plots and events that have happened in the past. It would definitely help streamline the newbies research as far as what's happened here so they can build their characters without accidentally using a dead planet, etc. Super excited for this!

[member="Allyson Locke"]
I WOULD LOVE a lore section. Where factions maintain their own or submit entries.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]
Yes also some lore on worlds would be nice. If people felt like submitting anything. For background if people ever wanted to tie in a plot to it.

It'd help new folks get up to speed on their factions history too, or the large galactic events we sometimes run. Some framework of for example allowing updates would need to be worked out. For new entries or new faction FA's, planet owners etc. Some forethought on that might save the codex team some headaches down the line, on how you want say an edit to be handled on something neutral like a planet's history.

Also the criteria for the significance of an event to add to lore might need to be looked at. As there are a lot of candidates. With perhaps local and galactic scale being different.

[member="Wu Yeoh"] - Because of the wipe is why I'm really wanting the Lore Section back. I cried when I went back and was reminded that Dark Harvest was gone. I'd love for some of the older members that remember those long lost events to do lovely write ups of them so that newer members can experience some of the narrative.

[member="Kei Amadis"] - That's the plan, I want the factions to submit stuff and get things updated with major events that occur for the faction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom