Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Cleansing of the Mind (RTL Forcers+ Friends)

SVIVREN JEDI ENCLAVE
Elias Edo Elias Edo Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Pretri Mapore Pretri Mapore Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor Kaia Starchaser Kaia Starchaser Zyre Zyre Jun Ikeda Jun Ikeda Arkyn Rane Arkyn Rane Calix of Thyrsus Mi'la Undari Mi'la Undari Trextan Voidstalker Trextan Voidstalker Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl

Things were quiet without Caedyn Arenais, but business went as expected, especially with the destruction of the Jedi enclaves further out towards the Rim, especially Jutrand and Qi-Lan. That stung Alana more than she expected. She had only briefly visited Qi-Ko, but the brutal assault of the Sith on a world with no technology or infrastructure felt like a slap in the face. There had been something wondrous and wild about the world, now wrecked, a precious gem in the galaxy. But she suspected the other compass worlds of the Qi-Kans would be easier to find now.

But that was not her primary concern. She had read the reports brought by Tiland and Pyeth from Dolstan. These Sith had used Dark Side sorcery to turn the minds of the local resistance against their comrades. So, Alana had dived into the archives- Suarbi and Svivren both, even traveling to Sullust to dive into the old New Jedi Order temple. She had found the old records on the Jedi ability of Cleanse Mind.

And fortunately, the Svivren nexus was particularly useful for that ability. That was a relief. Alana never felt very comfortable with the more mystic powers of the Force. Technology, dueling, flying- she liked those. They made sense to her. Force Light, she could do as well, but she had been told that was a family lineage and most Jedi Knights were not nearly as proficient.

But necessity was the mother of growth. She had invited all the Force sensitives in the League- Wardens, Jensaarai, Jedi, Matukai to practice this skill. She strode through the polished stone corridors to one of the training rooms. The others would meet there and she took that moment to reread the material from the archives. It was an old Jedi Consular skill that they would be working out how to do and practicing.

"Glad you could all make it," Alana said, as the others filtered in. "This skill is one that Dolstan suggestswill be critical in the years to come, although it is one I am not the most familiar with."

Pyeth felt well prepared for this, most recently his mentalism training with Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher and Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun would serve as a excellent foundation.

That being said, what he and Tiland encountered on Dolstan was something else, and now rumours of an attack on Qi-Ko.

It reminded him of Rishi all over again, it was clear to him that direct conflict would be inevitable. The Sith he encountered didn't spend time at the table, for them it was wasted effort. There was no compromise, only conflict.

Not that he didn't appreciate the power that gave them, they were people without limiters. Anything was permitted, even if that meant burning entire worlds.

To say he hadn't, wasn't tempted by the Dark Side of the Force was betrayal of himself. As Tiland had explained on Rishi, he too was tempted and for a moment on Dolstan that seemed like a distinct possibility.

It was all the more important then that they prepared, if the Sith attacked he could no longer stand at the rear in shadow. He couldn't afford losing another flock.

"I wouldn't miss it. I've only once seen so many of us gathered in one place." Pyeth said, many faces unfamiliar to him. That alone spoke volumes as to the threat this rising power.

Tides of Change

Dbya2S1.png

Tags: Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider
At the Jedi enclave on SVIVREN...

DPFKiwm.png

FwssFXN.png
The reports were grim. Elias sensed the disturbance even before they filtered in, but reading them on his holoscreen painted a clearer picture of what the Jedi were up against: Sith invaders converging against the Rim, claiming planets, systems, and innocent lives as they carve their path. Elias pored over the data, delivered to him by several of his Outer Rim contacts, allies made during his Rebel days. He'd built quite the network back then, and a great many of his informants had become friends over the years. With their help, he and the brave soldiers of Phoenix Team dismantled dozens of Imperial operations across the galaxy.

Now, their intel would aid against the League's inevitable conflict with the Sith Order.

The Genetian turned his golden eyes to the stunning glow of hyperspace beyond the cockpit glass. He wished the summons to Svivren were under better circumstances, but the looming shadow of war was not something to take lightly. Still, he remained optimistic; For Elias, there were few things more fulfilling than gathering with fellow Jedi. When he arrived at the Svivren enclave, he was pleasantly surprised at the many faces surrounding the training chamber. Many were unfamiliar, but Elias was quick to introduce himself.

To Alana's greeting, he humbly returned a bow.

"I look forward to the knowledge you've found." His eyes softened as he looked upon the Jedi teacher, a sympathetic glimmer behind them.

"It will save a lot of lives. Of this, I'm sure."

Last edited:

STARSHIP: Tra'tena SPEEDER: Burbr ARMOR: Gar'Katya
WEAPONS: Ravenfire - Burbr'sacitr - Burbr'sacitayr - Nuhaatyc'bedtr
Corbin had gotten to the meeting early. He was still in a bit of a funk after the events on Kal'Shebbol. He had been able to save lives, sure, but there were some he had not been able to save. And the Sith had all managed to get away. That was ultimately a failed mission. Especially since the ones lost weren't actually dead, but corrupted into some kind of ghoul. Would their souls ever know peace from that? Perhaps Master Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun would know something of it. The wizened Jedi had been around a long, long time after all.
Corbin sat in the back corner of the room, reclining in a chair made of the Force, leaving him floating in midair. He was full-armored, with his helmet in his lap, and he was just staring up at the ceiling. It was his first time being inside the Svivren Jedi enclave. It was his first time being in any Jedi temple, actually. It was quite a bit different from the Jensaarai enclave on Susevfi, especially considering it wasn't entirely underground.
The prospect of being able to learn something new did lift Corbin's spirits. And he actually gave a smile when he saw his friend Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki . "Hey, Cousin. When are you going to show me that arial fighting style? Might come in handy in the days coming. Heard you had some trouble on Dolston. Kal'Shebbol didn't go too well. Though five innocents rescued is a positive."
More people arrived; nobody Corbin knew so far. A man named Elias Edo Elias Edo introduced himself. "Corbin Vasher, Jensaarai. And, yes," he pointed at his helmet, "also Mandalorian." He kept a mental note to make sure everyone here remembered him, or at least his face. Being a Force Blank carried the side-effect of slipping from people's memories if he wasn't careful to avoid it. Thankfully, it hadn't happened too many times in his eighteen years. Not since he was a youngling, but he still remained vigilant. Though, he didn't really care if utter strangers or especially enemies forgot him. The latter might be a plus.
"Glad you could all make it," Alana said, as the others filtered in. "This skill is one that Dolstan suggests will be critical in the years to come, although it is one I am not the most familiar with."
Corbin's mood was back to full positive. The prospect of learning something new always excited him. He couldn't help but grin.

Last edited:
Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki Elias Edo Elias Edo Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

Alana nodded, smiling as the others filtered in, assembling around the room. "I'm glad you could all make it. And if it can save lives, that will make all the scrounging around old archives worthwhile." She gave half a smile, for there was a bit of a joke in that, although she suspected none of the others would know it. Despite being a bit of a relic hunter/archaeologist, she was not much of a reader. Nor even a great teacher.

She handed out several different holochips, with copies of the information she'd found. "The hard part will be practicing without a demonstrative Dark Side ability." Alana was still working through that logistical problem, but it shouldn't need a Dark Side affected mind.

Alana thumbed the activation switch and pulled up the data recording, revealing the ghostly blue figure of an old Jedi. Not a holocron, unfortunately, but a journal archive.

"So, I'm not sure if I understand it completely," Alana admitted, "But it almost sounds like another form of mentalism, projecting the Light of the Force from yourself into the mind of the other, to sever the influence of the Dark Side."

Cousin?

Pyeth's ear tufts shot up, hearing Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher . It was nice to find more familiar faces, he knew Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider of course, they had briefly met on Qi Ko alongside her Padawan. It was a pity, they didn't get much time to talk.

"Yes Dolstan. That was an eventful week, half dozen Sith against a handful of Jedi and militia. Not good." He flicked his tail reaching for one of the Holochips.

"But if you want me to hand your tail to you. I'd be happy to show you after today's meeting." Pyeth teased glancing back.

Elias Edo Elias Edo was a new face, one of the last few to arrive. There was a sense of optimism radiating outwards into the room, "Pleasure to meet you Elias. I am Pyeth." Pyeth said, in a deeper more refined tone.

It was a voice he learned while working as a doctor on Talay, something he would occasionally find useful in diplomacy with nobility and people of authority.

"I witnessed Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun do something similar on Dolstan." Pyeth commented, "What is meant by 'Light of the Force'?"

Tides of Change

Dbya2S1.png

Tags: Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider | Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher | Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki

DPFKiwm.png

FwssFXN.png
Elias regarded the Rishii in earnest, offering him a head nod as they exchanged greetings.

“It’s nice to meet you as well, Pyeth.”

And to the Mandalorian Jensaarai, a respectful - if cautious - introduction. Thus far in his life, Elias’ only run-ins with the Mandalorians had resulted in… tense relations, putting of gently. But a Jensaarai? He’d never met one. Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher would be one to keep an eye on.

Elias’ attention returned to Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki .

"What is meant by 'Light of the Force'?"

His golden eyes cut to Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider before providing his own answer. “Ashla,” Elias said plainly.

“Calmness. Peace. Understanding.” The Jedi let his words rest on their ears for a moment before adding a less mystical translation.

“If we can channel our oneness with the Light Side into someone who’s mind has been afflicted, we can sever the Dark Side’s control over them. At least,” he said, his eyes cutting back to Alana, “that’s how I understand it.”

Last edited:
Elias Edo Elias Edo Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki

Alana shrugged, looking up from the data copies as she parsed through the rather challenging portions of the text. "Ashla works, I guess, but that's a very fancy way of saying the Force."

She squinted at the characters and then let out a breath. "Battle meditation, Force Light, and other skills would work as well, I suspect, but those are much less reliable."

Alana tapped her fingers and paced, considering how to work out the method of putting it into words. "When the Dark Sider seizes control of a sentient's mind, they force, no pun intended, their will directly onto the bodily functions of their victim. Would that be an apt descriptor of what happened on Dolstan, Pyeth?" At the question, she looked up to the avian Jedi.

"With this, we focus on sharing our connection to the Force to make the mind inhospitable to the Dark Side." The words came slowly as she tripped over them, slowly grasping for understanding. "Not unlike an antibiotic, perhaps."

Corbin relaxed and let his mind immerse into the Force. He could still everyone speak, but he wanted to contemplate. At first, he thought maybe he could simulate using the Dark side and let them try learning with that. But it wouldn't work. He was not capable of taking over someone's mind. It was something that went completely against the Spirit of the Cosmic Force that lived within him. And, naturally, it went against the Living Force. As his consciousness floated in a sea of warm violet Flame, a thought occurred to him. "The stronger someone is in the Force, the easier it would be to resist anything affecting the mind. A Force Meld would be effective if there are plenty of Force-sensitive allies around. But what about the others? The nonsensitives? There are headgear can use electricity to stimulate their brains to help them resist mind tricks, but these Sith are powerful. We need to try to find ways to protect all of our allies from their mental onslaughts if we are to have any chance against them."

Last edited:
"Something of a sort, it was more ritualistic." Pyeth confirmed, "If I was describe it, they cannibalised the Force, pushing those that it touched to do the same. Surrender themselves to darker cravings and desires. I'd be lying if I said it didn't affect me."

In a sense, Dolstan was far too gone. "Their assault on Dolstan seemed much less a war, rather an extension of their ritual."

Admitting defeat left a bitter taste in his mouth, but they arrived with too little, too late. This was making him all the more aware of the Jedi's shortcomings, but he couldn't ignore the Sith's.

"That said. I had the benefit of witnessing Master Tiland's work. He didn't resist, and I feel like if he did that would have only made their attempts to overwhelm us stronger. Moreso, redirect turning their assumed power against themselves."

He was hopeful that insight might assist Alana isolate an effective countermeasure. "It's certainly in line with your thoughts Elias."

Elias Edo Elias Edo | Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher | Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider

Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Elias Edo Elias Edo

Alana pursed her lips in thought before slowly nodding after a moment. "You are right. We also need to think about ways of protecting the non-Force sensitive among us. I'm not too familiar with the headbands you're talking about, but those could be very useful. "

She listened further as Pyeth spoke. "A ritual..." That caught her attention, and she studied through the datapad. "Those are excellent observations. Don't resist, but absorb and redirect."

That changed how she saw the instructions. It was a different perspective, and in a way, it redirected how she was reading. "That changes a perspective, I think. If they use it as a ritual and a way of unleashing the dark impulses..."

Alana made several notes on her gauntlet datapad. "Do we think there's a way we can develop that idea further?"

"A Neural Band, I believe the device was called. Reinforced synapses or something. I can do some more research and probably develop some myself.
A Force Meld ritual would be very effective but won't work if one is alone. I honestly don't have much knowledge of single-person rituals. Most of the ones I've even heard vaguely of were Darkside."
He shrugged. "But I don't claim to know everything about the Force. I'm sure we can figure out something if we pool the collective knowledge of all our traditions."

Tides of Change

Dbya2S1.png

Tags: Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider | Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher | Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki

DPFKiwm.png

FwssFXN.png
"It sounds awfully similar to tutaminis," Elias observed aloud. "It's a control technique centered around the absorption and dissipation of energy. At least, broadly speaking... the exact methodology can vary greatly from person to person, as can its effectiveness. It's primarily intended to mitigate the harmful effects of heat and electricity, but I wonder how it would handle the Force."

It was a shot in the dark, of course, but surely they had little to lose. Practicing this hypothesis would definitely propel to the forefront of Bogano's studies for the foreseeable future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom