Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chaos Wishlist!

The game is simple! If you had supreme, Tefka powers, what are the top five constructive changes/tweaks/overhauls/new additions that you would make here on Chaos?

Mine are:

I. Removal of Development Threads Entirely - We're close, but not quite there yet.

II. Implement a Codex equivalent to a Super Star Destroyers. Something worth grinding for, like a Fortress World? #ShamelessPlug

III. Improve Skirmishes - Maybe make them affect a faction's ability to Dominion for that month? Or the ability to reverse engineer captured assets? I feel like Skirmishes are cool but adding an incentive to bop your enemy in the mouth would take them to the next level.

IV. Make Site Events Great Again - namely, present a story that affects everyone regardless of participation (ala Dark Harvest or Netherworld) and introduce rewards that matter - such as event ships, get out of invasion free cards, two-for-one Dominion cards, etc.

V. Monthly Staff Preview - Once a month, staff screenshots the current topic list in the backroom so the community knows, for certain, what is being currently discussed.

1. Minor Factions Matter (Invasions/Dominions)
  2. Minor Factions Matter (Planets)
  3. Minor Factions Matter
  4. Minor Factions Matter (Faction Threads)
  5. Minor Factions Matter (Super Star Destroyers)

But no, really. They don't need representation on the map. Just work with the registry.

1. Invasion cooldown - Defenders are often times worn out by invasions, so a bit of insurance against invasion spam would be helpful, maybe a month after the end of an invasion to cool down?
  2. Better site events - Imo Omega was kind of a letdown, I missed netherworld but I hear things about it and wish they could be that way again.
  3. Codification of factory - I think we should make it more clear what will and will not be approved, atm its kind of vague on everything but star ships.
  4. Wiki - Chaos has a lot of lore, however the transmission of this lore is often done through old war stories I.E. "BACK IN MY DAY!!!!" We need a place for newer members to get up to speed.
  5. More Dakka - Always need more dakka.

1. Removal of the Stampeding, or a clear numerical standard for it.
2. No more 'Sydney Crosbys' or rather players who say idk, dive or embellish to draw or default win invasions categories. Similarly factions who draw to many defaults need to have some kind of review.
3. Activity checks for factions that meet specific numerical standards and facts, and not the staff feels the faction is inactive.

I am a son of the Mountain.
1. Bring back Dev threads (I know most people hate them but I was a fan of working for the things you have. Maybe not all of it, but a lot of it.)

2. Bring BACK restricted force user advancement. I. E. Not starting as a Master.

3. Increase the minor faction representation and participation in all things.

4. Some type of combat system for war rp, even a simple one for when the units are apparently equal

5. Urge and promote enemy factions working together to write a good story.

I am a son of the Mountain.
1. Bring back Dev threads (I know most people hate them but I was a fan of working for the things you have. Maybe not all of it, but a lot of it.)

2. Bring BACK restricted force user advancement. I. E. Not starting as a Master.

3. Increase the minor faction representation and participation in all things.

4. Some type of combat system for war rp, even a simple one for when the units are apparently equal

5. Urge and promote enemy factions working together to write a good story.

1. Cowbell. Pretty self explanatory
2. More cowbell. You can't have too much
3. You guessed it, the cowbell cometh
4. Bell of the Cow. It should be a thing, for real
5. The Liberty Bell: Cow edition

[member="Darth Metus"] et al

I suggest that proposals in here be made via the proper forum - suggestions or the codex/factory areas. Make sure practical ideas for implementation are included.

I and the rest of the board can then properly weigh in on details and likelihood of implementation.

I. Implementation of a SWRP Hardmode. Should a writer op into this version of SWRP, they would agreed that all In Character related injuries and consequences are permanent. If they get their arm chopped off, the arm is now lobbed off. If they got killed in a roleplay scene then that character remains dead for eternity. No redos or anything of the sort. Characters who are under SWRP Hardmore have a tag such as 'Hardmode' instead of 'Character' to distinguish themselves from other writers.

No perks or added benefits are given to these characters, it is just an OP into thing where they agree that any and all consequences to their characters are a permanent thing.

II. Change the invasion rules back to the way they were back in 2013, when the board was started.

III. This adds onto my second wannabe tweak, but massive punishments for metagaming or OOC maneuvering done to affect things or something In Character. The entire arguments about stampeding would be sorted if RPJs and the Administration properly cracked down on people / factions that are clearly being unfair to another.

IIII. A Factory Judge assigned exclusively to the Auction and Bounty Hunter boards.

V. More moderation on the Technological submissions submitted to the Factory. I have literally seen submissions that do not make sense and yet are passed because they tick all the basic Factory requirements. Massive technological creations submitted by writers, whose characters don't even have access to the resources or infrastructure necessary to construct these things. This has directly led to there being literally 1000s of different classes of Star Destroyers to Frigates submitted to the Factory and no real checks have been done.

VI. This is an extra one but remove Tefka from his Administration position on a permanent basis. It is a good thing that he has stepped back and allowed others to step in, but I would rather his entire position was diminished. Thank you for giving us this website, but it was always unfortunate that you made some really bad decisions, and allowed bullying, metagaming, powergaming and a host of other problems continue under your watch.

Controversial.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
1. Create a new Rank 4 force rank, "Grandmaster," and make people either wait a year to get it. OR, just pay me real money and they can have it right now.
2. Create a "Fast-track" section in the Factory where if you pay me real money you get Approved/Denied faster.
3. An economy system where the traded currency is labeled QQ.
4. Create a Galactic Event where everybody gets a murderous Siobhan Kerrigan clone as a reward.
5. Mandate a new Top Rule whereby every PC NFU carries a Void Stone with them at all times.
6. Change this Game to allow for 6 constructive changes on your lists.

[member="Darth Metus"]
I know, all good, but just leaving that there for anyone who wants to get the wishlist into reality, lol.

My wishlist:
  • More big light side factions and dark/light wars. GA vs FO is good, but we need a big foe for TSE.
  • Skirmishes to mean more and be more strategic.
  • A big board wide event which works. They're sodding hard, and ain't no one got time for that, lol.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Darth Metus said:
...constructive changes/tweaks/overhauls/new additions that you would make here on Chaos?

Ella Nova said:
...but it was always unfortunate that you made some really bad decisions, and allowed bullying, metagaming, powergaming and a host of other problems continue under your watch.
8f7f934b8de12d77d2de2762d8570cb02e75a98c.gif

Tanomas Graf

T
I. Having WIP submissions able to be posted to blogs again without having to use the Pre-Factory, which has a time limit, so (A I can check formatting on the site and ( B Have my creations organized on the site.

II. The ability to have fun and engaging invasions/threads-in-general without the opposing side being wrongfully irritated after the fact, making quite a good amount of passive aggressive/downright obvious remarks about it in a multitude of threads.

III. All light-side factions that claim OOC moral superiority will receive demerits for conspiring with dark siders and/or committing atrocities.

IV. A dedicated treasury for my salt and salt-related paraphernalia.

V. Anniversary rewards for major factions: Hey, you've been major for a year, have a one-dominion super star destroyer!

Rusty

Purveyor of Fine Weaponry
  1. Make involuntary character death a thing. That has always been a huge pet peeve of mine, and while it has emboldened people to take risks they otherwise wouldn't, it's made PVP a nightmare. Obviously, you don't want to set the rules up so that anyone can one shot you at any time for any reason, but if you find yourself backed into a corner as a consequence of your own actions, you shouldn't be able to loldodge.
  2. Completely revise the standards for what constitutes a major faction. From the standpoint of invasions, it's not fair to force a faction with a large, active memberbase to throttle their activity for fear of being accused of stampeding for the sake of a faction that's barely scraping by. If you've only got a handful of active writers left, you can hardly be called a competitive force in the map game.
  3. Implement standards for dueling. This is a pie in the sky dream that will likely never happen, but hey, a guy can hope. In my most secret fantasies, I long for a PVP system that rewards technical skill and creativity over spamming Force powers, vagueposting away from attacks, and other such nonsense.
  4. Related to number three: an officially sanctioned and moderated dueling arena. Honestly, the thing from JvS that I miss the most is the GBA. Having a place where people can work on their dueling skills without fear of character death should be a no brainer. I tried like hell to make the unofficial GBA stick, but there are only so many people who are willing to get involved without official backing, and they're not the ones who need it the most.
  5. Institute a minimum post count for writers looking to start factions. It's waaaaaaay too common for someone to create a faction page as soon as they hit the site, and the vast majority never amount to anything. This makes it harder for new factions with the potential to become something more to get off the ground, because they're fighting against tons of background noise. A minimum post limit won't prevent useless vanity factions altogether, but my hope is that newcomers will have a better feel for how things work before they try, which should cut down on the clutter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom