Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Chaldea

Status
Not open for further replies.
blake-rottinger-lol-web.jpg

The Yellow Plains

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
lit_up_sky_by_bisbiswas_deg7i2i-pre.jpg

Chaldea's moon, Zara, appears reddish-purple when full.

GENERAL INFORMATION
WFOsM8b.png

• Planet Name: Chaldea
  • Demonym: Chaldean
  • Region: Inner Rim
  • System Name: Phytoras system
  • System Features:
    • Phytoras, the sun for which the system is named.
    • Chaldea and its moon, Zara.
  • Location: In the empty hex between Jakku and Selvaris (see image).
  • Major Imports:
    • Droids/Heavy Machinery
    • Medical Supplies
    • Chemicals
    • Unrefined Ores
    • Luxury Items
  • Major Exports:
  • Unexploited Resources: There is a deposit of Tydirium located in the region of Bamarre, but it is nothing extravagant. The locals have resisted mining in the area due to fear of destroying the habitat of the extremely rare Bamarri. Likewise, the mysterious substance known as Chaldean marble may have some use, but the natives refuse to touch it for the same reasons they leave the tydirium alone.
nikola-sinitsa-red-castle-01-2k.jpg

Mer Embassy HQ, Pirivena.

GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
  • Gravity: Standard
  • Rotational Period: 26 hours
  • Orbital Period: 690 days
  • Climate: Mostly Temperate, but there is variation depending on relation to the poles.
  • Primary Terrain: Hills, Plains, Mountains, Forests, Oceans, Lakes; closer to the equator it is more tropical, with rainforests and some desert regions where there is little natural water available. Nearer to the poles it is colder, featuring tundra and glaciers.
  • Atmosphere: Type I
james-paick-1-e.jpg

Planetary capital of Nezamiyeh.

LOCATION INFORMATION
  • Capital City: Nezamiyeh
  • Planetary Features: Chaldea's settlements are primarily land-based. The skyscrapers and tall stately buildings of its major cities have never reached the towering heights of Coruscant. The skyline of Nezamiyeh has, in recent years, filled up with vehicles and the accompanying pollution they bring. The uptick in air traffic is a sign of the planet's increasing population. The rest of the world is dotted with the settlements and outposts of a thriving frontier civilization.
  • Major Locations:
  • Force Nexus (Optional): No. There used to be a Force Nexus in Nezamiyeh, but its power waned and it was finally removed by the Mystics.
sylvain-sarrailh-ghostsofthemeadow.jpg

Chaldean deer in a field outside Nezamiyeh.

POPULATION
  • Native Species:
  • Immigrated Species: Just about any common galactic species that breathes a Type I atmosphere can be found here, with Humans and Near-Humans making up the majority of the population.
  • Population: Heavy in Nezamiyeh; Moderate and steadily increasing in all other areas, primarily due to immigration.
  • Demographics: Various races can be found here, along with individuals of mixed heritage. Humans and Near-Humans tend to make up most of the population. There is however a sense of cultural superiority among the native populace.
  • Primary Languages: Galactic Basic and Binary; natives are said to speak Basic with a distinct "Inner Rim accent".
  • Culture:
    • Education: The education system of Chaldea is government-run, but since the government is a theocracy, students receive a religious education in addition to secular curriculum.
    • Religion: Chaldea has long struggled with separation of church and state. The expelled Jedi who first settled here effectively were the planet's government for centuries, and after the tumult of the Civil War, they have assumed complete control. Anyone who claims to be a Sith or Dark Side User will be attacked on sight. They are also highly suspicious of Jedi and will attempt to run them out of town. Jedi who attempt to recruit from among the Chaldeans will be met with hostility and violence.
    • Cultural Quirks:
      • Pilgrim's Progress - Chaldea was founded by a breakaway Jedi sect defined by their rejection of using the Force. All citizens are expected to follow the teachings of the Potentium, to the point where the term "Chaldean" is synonymous with a follower of the faith.
      • Xenophobia- Visitors to the planet will notice right away that the natives are not very friendly toward travelers. This is a recent change in the culture brought on by a sudden drastic increase in immigration. Prior to the Second Great Hyperspace War, Chaldeans valued hospitality highly and would welcome offworlders. Now they will only extend their hospitality to fellow Chaldeans, viewing outsiders as uninvited guests.
      • The Pastoralists - The Chaldeans have traditionally favored rural life and scorned the urban. The simple pastoral farmer or craftsman is elevated by society more than an educated individual would be.
      • A Pirate's Life - Chaldea has a problem with piracy. They aren't the ones being raided, mind you—it's because they produce pirates from among their own people! Romantic notions about piracy have long gestated in the darker, stranger corners of Chaldean culture, leading many young people to leave home in hopes of plundering the stars.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY
  • Government: Theocracy
  • Affiliation: Chaldean Potentium
  • Wealth: Medium; the planet has a healthy production rate and exports many high value goods which cannot be found anywhere else in the galaxy.
  • Stability: Low; The native population was in decline prior to the SGHW, with a low birth rate and aging work force. As refugees poured in from other worlds, the planet's population experienced a sudden sharp increase—along with a number of issues, particularly a heightened crime rate, wealth inequality, and growing xenophobic attitudes aggravated by the religious and cultural divide between Chaldeans and the varied immigrant population.
  • Freedom & Oppression: Chaldean society is divided between those who are members of the ruling cult and nonbelievers. Those who live on Chaldea are expected to convert to the planet's religion; those who refuse are expected to leave. If they don't leave, they are treated like dogs by the theocratic government. In particular, Chaldeans refuse to tolerate Force Users such as Jedi and Sith, and will either deport or attack them, depending on the circumstances.
MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY
  • Military: The Chaldean military has greatly increased within the past few years. They have their own planetary navy with a large fleet of ships, as well as a standing army ready to defend their world. They even have specialized knight classes dedicated to fighting Force Users, the Order of the Mystics and the Paladins.
  • Technology: Galactic Standard
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

With its only native sentient species being the Bamarri, a race of extremely rare energy being, Chaldea's history truly begins with the arrival of the first colonists around a thousand years ago. They were members of the Potentium, a radical Jedi sect who, after being expelled from the Order for their strange beliefs, sought religious freedom elsewhere. Upon settling on Chaldea, they first established the Chaldean Academy, which would become the heart of the planet's capital city, Nezamiyeh. The focus of this academy was on training their children in their unique beliefs about the Force, which over time became known as the Chaldean Potentium.

Despite the rise of the Galactic Empire two centuries after the colony's founding, Chaldea remained outside imperial influence and was largely unaffected. After the Empire's fall, however, the New Republic began efforts to extend their power and influence into the Unknown Regions, especially after the chaos of the Yuuzhan Vong War. The effects of this on Chaldea varied; the planet benefited greatly from more trade opportunities and mass immigration, but it also exacerbated tensions between the Potentium and those who were not part of their faith. In addition, the opening of the world to the rest of the galaxy also meant that they would go on to take a major hit during the Gulag Plague.

During the Reconstruction Era, they offered shelter and work to drifters, reformed criminals, and displaced refugees who were outside the Potentium. This was done out of necessity, as they needed something to draw outsiders to their world and sustain the population, which had been dented by the Plague and had trouble growing. The ramifications of this resulted in conflict later down the line, as the outsiders clashed with the devout in a battle over separation of religion and government.

This event was known as the Chaldean Civil War, a global conflict which lasted four years and resulted in the deaths of as much as a third of the total planetary population. The war was fought over religion, between the Chaldean Potentium and an alliance of secular activists, a terrorist group known as the Children of the Force, and secret agents of the Sith. The Potentium emerged victorious, and as a result all Force Users were banned from the planet.

After the civil war, Chaldea went into decline. Reconstruction was slow going, and natives left in droves, seeking better lives and greater opportunities elsewhere. Concerned about the issue of their decreasing population, the Chaldean government reluctantly opened the doors to immigration, but have since then engaged in various sentient rights abuses against immigrants, whom they seem to view as good for nothing but as a labor force. The seemingly endless wars between the various factions elsewhere in space have brought refugees to the anonymity and relative safety of the region, but Chaldea is in competition with other worlds offering greater opportunities and more tolerant societies.

Last edited:
:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

I apologize for taking a couple extra days to get back to you. Thank you so much for your patience!

I am still training so this will need an additional review before it receives a final approval.

As usual, great work on tackling the planet submission. There are some things I think we do either need to address or expand on, so let’s jump into it, shall we?

No. 1. MAJOR IMPORTS

Under this section you mention a few things that could use some clarification:

• Industrial Materials: What kind of materials do you mean here? Do you mean ores, metals, wires, etc?
  • Luxury Items: Could provide examples of what you mean here as well.

No. 2. MAJOR EXPORTS

This section mentions people as a major export. In what way are they a major export? Do you mean slaves? If you could define specifically what you mean in this section that would be awesome!

No. 3. UNEXPLOITED RESOURCES

Again here… what kind of lumber and plant products… rubber, sap, bark, maple syrup? etc… what kind of products are unexploited?

Everything else seems to check out for me. If you could work on this for me and tag me when you are done we should be able to bump this up for the secondary!

Thank you sir. On Major imports could you list out some of the ores you might be importing for me.

Also let's talk about the people here... mainly the Emigrants. I could understand why you would want to put this here as an export because people are leaving the planet for whatever reason. However, I am not sure it fits as an export.

An export is something which is a good, service, or commodity that is sold abroad. So if the people are leaving and the government is not selling them I am not sure listing them here is going to work.

Perhaps stability would be a place to make a note that this is happening and why it is happening. Unless I am misunderstanding something and people are being sold?

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan I have removed the Emigrants from exports.

On the other hand, I'm questioning why I'm being asked for specific ores in imports. I could understand if you were requesting specific exports, but I would think it would be assumed that most ores not found on the planet already must be imported?

Finally, I would like to ask for an extension on this sub. I planned on making other companion subs to go along with it and flesh things out in the future, but am now realizing that it needs more work overall.

That’s an easy question to answer. The template specifically asked for ores to be specified.

Major Imports: [What the planet frequently buys from other planets. Common materials and ores should just be listed (Ex. Durasteel ore), while anything special or rare should be linked.]

As far as the extension, would you like me to move this to the pre-codex while you work on it?

Everything looks good. You seem to have covered the edits I was looking for the first time around so thank you!

There is one quick thing. It seems you have added an image to the submission which was not there before, without adding the appropriate image credit for it. If you could add that for me I think we will be able to bump this up for a secondary!

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Judah Lesan Judah Lesan

This is a really good clean submission guys, good work on it so far. I just had 2 questions I wanted to clarify before passing this up to approval.

1) System Features

You mention the "Bysshians, a species of sentient gas "bubbles"." however I've been unable to locate a Wookieepedia entry for them. Is there a codex species submission for the species?

2) Native Species

In this section you mention the "moonfleeters" are these a canon species or does a chaos submission exist for them?

Pre-Codex Template
Name of Submission: Chaldea
Link to Submission: Here
Reason For Move to Pre-Codex: To add links to other subs that have been made since its approval, and probably do a general overhaul and update the lore. Maybe add/remove some images as well.

Moved to pre-codex per OP request.

Please remember to include a list of changes made when you tag a member of codex staff to move the submission back to live judgement.

Judah Lesan Judah Lesan Srina Talon Srina Talon John Locke John Locke

Chaldea changes are as follows:
  • Added a Lore sub under Links.
  • Added three art images with captions and linked credit under Image Source.
  • Added various sub links to Cities.
  • Added the Sky Harbor location under Nezamiyeh.
  • Added two new species subs under Native Species.
  • Edits/elaboration to Culture section.
  • Government type changed to Theocracy.
  • Freedom & Oppression elaborated upon.
  • Completely rewrote the Historical Information section.
There may be other minor edits that I made but forgot about; virtually the entire sub was tweaked, updated, or refined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom