OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To codify a species native to Chaldea for future RP.
- Image Credit: Justin Gerard
- Canon: N/A
- Permissions: N/A
- Links: Chaldean deer
- Name: Chaldean Dragons
- Designation: Non-sentient
- Origins: Chaldea
- Average Lifespan: 50 standard years
- Estimated Population: Rare
- Description: Winged, horned, four-legged, and capable of breathing fire, Chaldean dragons are fearsome serpentine creatures native to Chaldea. Little is known about them due to two major factors - they live in caves in the mountains, which they fiercely protect, and only leave their lairs once every seven years, migrating across the continent to another mountain range for unknown reasons.
- Breathes: Type I
- Average Height of Adults: 4 meters
- Average Length of Adults: 10 meters
- Skin color: Scales are iridescent, though they may look dark green ("the color of verdigris") in darkness.
- Hair color: N/A
- Distinctions: Both male and females of this species are around the same size on average, though males often have larger or longer horns on their heads and sharp "fins" or spikes running the length of their tails.
- Races: N/A
- Force Sensitivity: Non-sensitive
- Flying Death Machines: Massive in size, with enormous sharp teeth, powerful wings, and the ability to breathe fire, Chaldean dragons are without a doubt at the top of the food chain.
- As Strong As Dragon Skin: Their scaly hides are highly resistant to heat and are so tough they can withstand blaster fire and even lightsabers. Specially trained hunters will kill them specifically for their skins, which can be made into excellent leather armor - though killing them is checked by law to ensure they are not hunted to extinction.
- Dragon Exodus: Fortunately for everyone, Chaldean dragons only appear out in the open once every seven years in late summer/early autumn like clockwork, allowing local authorities to prepare for their arrival and take the appropriate safety measures to protect the populace. They are also largely disinterested in most sentients as they make their way from one mountain range to the other, crossing the mainland continent in the process.
- Where There's Smoke, There Be Dragons: Chaldean dragons must keep the fire in their bellies going perpetually, requiring them to constantly exhale the resulting smoke through their mouths or nostrils. This smoke is thick, black, and has a distinct smell, warning would-be prey of their presence.
- Diet: Carnivore; they have been known to target Chaldean deer, along with a host of other creatures.
- Communication: Growls, roars, hisses, and various forms of body language.
- Technology level: N/A
- Religion/Beliefs: N/A
- General behavior: Chaldean dragons keep to themselves, minding their lairs in the mountains. They leave the crags only once every seven years and fly en masse to another mountain range on the other side of the continent. During this migration, they may burn down a few forests and even houses, which is why their movements are monitored by Chaldean authorities in order to warn citizens in advance if the dragons are headed their way.
You're standing in a field on Chaldea, when you hear a noise like distant thunder and see a flash of light. The sky begins to darken overhead. You assume a storm is coming. But then someone points toward the sky and cries "Look!"
You turn and are greeted by an astonishing - and terrifying - sight. A veritable plague of dragons is crossing the sky, blotting out the sun. The thunder you heard was the flapping of their massive wings in unison; the lightning was the fire pluming through their enormous jaws. All around you people are rushing to get cattle, pets, and other animals to shelter. People are leaving their homes and standing out in the open, looking up. You think they've gone crazy, but the dragons pay them no heed. Clearly they have a destination in mind, and they will stop at nothing to get there.