Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Chaldea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Hello there Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok . I hope your day's going well so far! Love the art and culture that you've chosen and developed here. I do have a couple of things that need to be changed before passing this up the grape vine:

Image Credit | Your first link leads to a page with a "Bad Gateway" error. The image, when searched, appears on many wallpaper sites. The closest to a source I could find was a pin on Pinterest. Please replace your first link with this one that I've provided.
Major Imports | For both Industrial and Luxury Materials here, we'll need to define which ores, refined metals, and rare/precious materials can be brought in. These are very broad and it's one thing that we like to have in plain sight (similar to what you did in Major Exports) to follow the template, which I'll quote below.
Major Imports: [ What the planet frequently buys from other planets. Common materials and ores should just be listed (Ex. Durasteel ore), while anything special or rare should be linked. ]
Once edits are complete, please give me a tag and I'll have a second look!

Ylla Caeli'runa

I've been told in the past by other judges that Pinterest is not a suitable image source. Either way, I have changed the link as requested.

For the Imports, I'm not quite sure what you are asking for. I did fix the formatting to make it easier to read, but it would not be practical to list specific items, as it can be assumed that anything the planet cannot produce on its own must be imported. "Luxury Items" is anything which is unavailable, rare or hard to find, and "Industrial Materials" is anything not readily available on a non-industrialized planet such as this one.

Ylla Caeli'runa

Y
Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok Pinterest and wallpaper sites are often last resorts if other sources can't be found. We usually don't like them, but everything needs a source.

For the Imports, the ores and metals are the most important thing to be fleshed out here because it could be intrepreted as any or all ores/metals that can't be found on the planet. Your list doesn't have to be super exhaustive but the main ores/metals that you'd like to be imported should be listed if they're commonly known to the average reader or linked if they're uncommon.

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok | Ylla Caeli'runa

You can see the thought and care that's gone into this submission, however, there are still a few outstanding points I'd like to clear up before we move this submission on.

1) Image Credit

The first image link is broken and needs to be replaced, a search of the internet led me to this wallpaper site, while the image does appear to be the same the colouration is different which leads me to believe that it was adjusted into the image you used.​

2) System Features

System Features:
  • Phytoras, the sun for which the system is named.
  • Bysshe, a small, rocky world with a thin atmosphere and no moons.
  • Chaldea, which has 1 moon, Zara.
  • Byron, a rocky desert planet with no life forms and 7 moons.
  • The Kipling asteroid belt.
  • 2 Gas giants
    • Whitman, which has 4 moons.
    • Tennyson, which has 2 moons.

Many of these features take their names from earth terms,​
Chaldea - Chaldea
Byron - Lord Byron
Kipling - Rudyard Kipling
Whitman - Walt Whitman
Tennyson - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

The codex rules are very clear on this:
  • Don't use specific Earth references as shorthand instead of explaining something. Ex. 'Japanese culture,' 'Medieval Europe', etc.

These authors and the location name are specific earth references, please change out the names here.

3) Exports

Major Exports:
  • Data and Research
What kind of data and research is being exported? This is a very broad definition, it would be beneficial to other writers if they knew the specific data you were referring to.​

John Locke John Locke
  1. I did not edit the image and do not know who did. I replaced the image credit link with the one you provided.
  2. While deliberately naming the system features after some of my favorite poets was just me being cute, I am happy to comply by the rules and have removed these references as requested. However, I have been referring to this planet in my RP as Chaldea and its residents as Chaldeans for months now. I thought this would be fine, as the country of Chaldea no longer exists and is relatively obscure; I consider it similar to using a name from ancient mythology, or how C.S. Lewis apparently got the name "Narnia" from an obscure little town in Italy. Will this still be considered an issue, and if so what would you suggest?
  3. Data and Research has been removed from the list.

1) Sometimes websites just break or stop working which I guess is the case this time. It happens and there sadly isn't anything we can do about that, thank you for updating the link.
2) You have good taste in poets. Thank you for adjusting the names of your locations. Chaldea is a relatively obscure country, however, it is very much a country on earth, and so falls foul of the rules. My suggestion would be to adjust the name to something similar to Chaldea, or just refer to the planet and its citizens by a new name going forward.
3) Thank you for making that ammendment.

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok

John Locke John Locke

Because I find this issue with the planet's name odd given what I have seen other planet subs get away with, I went through the list of approved planet subs to look for "specific Earth references". I narrowed it down to those who shared a name with real locations on Earth. Here is what I found:
Since all of these were approved, I don't see how naming this planet Chaldea can be seen as breaking the rules. If you still disagree, then I would like to second chance the sub on these grounds.

Srina Talon Srina Talon John Locke John Locke This sub is now ready for re-judgment.

Change Log:
  • Deleted two images, added several more.
  • Included a more detailed list of Exports.
  • Removed Force Nexus and anything mentioning its effects.
  • Population increased from Medium to Heavy.
  • The native Chaldeans are now highly xenophobic.
  • Numerous other edits, too many to mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom