Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caught Between Realities

I hate posting LOA's because I usually never leave more than a day at a time! But it's been a month already that I have been AWOL.

Since February I have been suffering from Aphasia and some really wonky bloodwork anomalies. My ability to concentrate seems as fleeting as the time it takes to pop a lid on a fruit cup. I am being evaluated for all manner of causes both hematic and neurological. I am reading that Covid can cause some wild after effects which I had last January. I don't know.

I pray for the doctors to realize my issue and prescribe me that magic pill that will get my ass back to work, because we are turning up in the hole every month since I could not continue working.

I absolutely adore you all, and enjoy writing with you, as I know you understand just how fantastic this online community can be that no other manner of social networking can match. I am just keeping busy with my animals, trying to keep off online bidding sites for new crystals, popping in when I can and trying to figure out what all you all are up to!

Bored outta my skull. Taking on a lite load. Still stuck in the Twilight Zone and have a few weeks left to see a doctor. Think he will likely pin Migraine Aura on me. I'll gladly take that over the other options they tested for. I am the last person to advocate for medication over implementing natural life changes, but damn these last few weeks just can't arrive quickly enough!!

I am both excited and anxious that the long anticipated move in my near future will take me from Florida towards Buffalo New York. I have lived in the South for over a decade and 50 degrees makes my teeth chatter relentlessly. We are moving because of a lack of security with a current employer. Every year the corporate office hands out layoffs for Christmas.

My house is close to 100 years old and we are still remodeling. I am definitely going to be busy during the day! Here’s to hoping I can keep up! I truly enjoy writing with everyone! ❤️

Time for another one of these FYI.

Of course those wild Post Covid cognitive effects of 2020 have on the most part subsided without diagnosis, to only sporadically rear its strange mysterious head from time to time.

I have some RL drama unfolding right now that will draw out over the course of the next few months. I am ok to keep my commitment to slower posting threads for the time being, but will possibly have to vanish for a few weeks at some point down the road, and possibly do that more than once.

I am the
Eternal Nerd and I shall always return. That is never going to fade.

What happened to my father as I understand it. Dad had a PET Scan more than a year ago. He repeatedly called to get results. None were given. He figured no news is good news. 7 months later he receives a call and is told his scan had actually resulted prostate cancer. He got a biopsy and had been forced to wait another 4 months to get radiation started. They were done with him. He was not given another PET scan after radiation treatment finished.

In the following months, unknowingly his cancer spread to his spine, liver and pancreas. Not feeling well the whole time, he was told this is normal. At some point he switched doctors. This new doctor gave him another PET scan, then a biopsy. Within a few short weeks he was slapped with 2 to 3 months to live, after suffering more than a year.

Upon receiving word of his diagnosis family began to arrange trips to come to him and bid him goodbye. Within a single day he fell incoherent. He spent that night in a hospice bed. The next morning, seven of us dropped everything and flocked to him. All missed meeting with him before his passing which occurred on that same day, only 2 days after he received his terminal diagnosis.

My parents were married for 55 years. He's dead and her life is in complete upheaval. I cannot express how furious I feel after realizing how he suffered at the negligence of his first treating physician. If anyone knows a good South Eastern US Malpractice Lawyer, I'm hiring.

Xotomi

INFJ | Cantankerous by Rite | Thee Ever-Nerd
Got some stuff going on. We wanted to move last year, but my father's health deteriorated. We stayed, and my mother ended up moving in with us. But she is in a separate building and its not working out well enough. Since then, two women were abducted right out front of my house, on different dates in the shank of the night. I also got a hopefully random aimed bullet come down through the roof of my car. I have once again set my goal to moving out of my shite town asap, for the country where I can again raise some animals and find some use for my life. I haven't been able to work since 2020 due to an ongoing yet "unspecified toxic neuropathy" and the term itself actually scares the shit out of me. Starting now, it gets real, and I am happy and very excited to make this change finally happen!

If you write me, and I don't want anyone to stop writing, please be patient with me. I love you guys as true friends, and I am always peeping on here even if I cannot manage to vomit out the words to reply.

Darth Metus Darth Metus Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex Syn Syn WolfMortum WolfMortum Srina Talon Srina Talon Jax Thio Jax Thio Jairdain Jairdain

Xotomi Xotomi

As far as our thread goes, it's still my post but you know I got all the time and love for you in the world. I truly hope things get better and if you ever need an ear to fall back on, don't hesitate to give me a kick on Discord. Really sorry things have been so stressful and intense for you. You deserve a safe and happy home to be in, and give my best to your family (Or at least, know that I send all my positive regards their way).

Stay safe and look after yourselves please <3

Xotomi

Still haven't sold this property! We do have a plan to move this year regardless, if possible. This, after I had more than half my house packed up....and I just unpacked everything stashed in the hallway, because I was sick of buying a second item of all the things I needed. Happily, I may not have made homemade eggnog in a brand new blender while mine was boxed at the bottom of the stash, but my Christmas Day tradition of getting smashed on eggnog with my son did occur as years before. He's in his early thirties; yes, us younger Moms are cool.

Ammonia is finally down after 3 to 4 years!!! Diatomaceous Earth is to thank! I still have a lingering neuropathy. I know what this was from now. My doctor refuses to let it be a simple explanation and would rather have me convinced that I am walking on borrowed time, but she is the only one I can get an appointment with when I need it...no wonder why that is! When I worked at a high pace warehouse, I started walking 6 to 8 1/2 miles a day, 5 days a week, in 5 hours each day. 2 1/2 hours of that was cardio for me. I had no idea how much Protein I should eat during those years and so my health suffered. Writing is still pretty difficult, but I still love SWRP and all of YOU! If I can write, I WILL!

Xotomi

I was having a really hard time a few weeks back, but I am finally feeling more often myself today, than lost. Still can't sleep without a chill pill, but at least it is helping!

On January 29th at 1am, this family of undocumented aliens had been drinking at a wedding and speeding down my road. They ran off the road 500 feet from my house, crashed through two neighbors fencing and mailboxes, hit my 20 foot palm tree, pushed it 12 feet through the earth and replanted it inside my living room. They rammed their one ton pick-up truck into my house so hard that it tore my window frames out of the walls on the other side of the house. My husband was thrown from the bed. The truck became completely lodged inside my house. Three cars all fled the scene together and then my house burnt down. I was in shock for too long. My Doberman was hit, but he is fine today. We all ended up with PTSD. I still have to be mindful of letting my thoughts run away with me. My dog is thankfully very in tune to me, and I in turn have to reassure him he is safe throughout the day, after I notice he is over vigilant after a sound.

At first we felt like we didn't have a voice at all. Nobody from this family reached out to us at all. Everyone leaves you alone, and you rebuild alone. The Red Cross helped for the first week, and they didn't even keep their promises. This pitiable person had only State minimum automobile coverage. Everyone urged us not to contact them in any way, saying to imagine what type of person could drive off when people are trapped inside screaming for help! Friends feared this family might be gang members. I always said I would like to get out of this shithole town without having to shoot someone. So far, so good. But I so did want to tell this family what I think of them.

Great news came the other day when a letter from the State Prosecutor asked us how much monetary damages we faced, and told us this guy is being charged for destruction of our property. Anything over $150K warrants greater charges. We are at $450K without the possibility of rebuilding our home. I finally got to write down everything I have been feeling and send it off to another soul who will hear me, and who has a hand in the outcome of this ordeal. We have been red tagged by the County to vacate and for demolition. If I don't get arrested for not moving off my acre and a half, I will be surprised. My invalid Mother lives with me in her own building and we have 3 dogs together, and she also has 3 cats. They can come drag us off. We bought an RV and set it up in our back yard, just so we can stay with my mother on the property. She cannot drive, and can hardly manage stairs.

Our house was listed for sale before this happened, and the morning following our realtor removing our listing we began receiving calls from other realtors starting at 7:30AM. Ambulance chasers, property developers, everyone wanting to profit from our misfortune, call endlessly, as if my faith in humanity wasn't already plunging. What really irks me is that people laugh at the whole predicament...not just a single nervous laugh either, or how they talk like they our saving grace. I yell at them to get a soul before hanging up. Our County Tax Assessor said to me, "this couldn't have happened to you at a more inopportune time," because it's too late to get our taxes back for the year. I was like... what a shithead! I started exploding at people on the phone, and my family, -I love them,- they just continue what they were doing like nothing happened. That's golden to me!

I have a much more healthy outlook and hope for our future today, than I had weeks ago. Thank you to everyone who showed me support.

X0kAf4o.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom