Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Business Reunion on Noverskaa

Untitled593_20230218225017.png
Objective: Reconnect
Tags: Arturo Arturo Sylas Taff Sylas Taff

Untitled214-20220803120859.png
Mairéad had not dealt with Mirdirmorut before but she had prepared herself well with the documentation. This manufacturer had once had a strong relationship with the Family, but with regime change and the distances of time, bonds had been broken. That is why Mairéad was here, along with The Family legal expert Arturo Arturo . Contracts with the Cosa Nostra were rarely and often not even written down. Those things helped protect the shadowy network, but trying to work out the terms of a verbal contract in pertuity between two people who were no longer contactable was fun. At least she had the best legal mind she knew along side her.

The Caporegime still preferred to fly herself places, placing a high value on her independence so had invited Arturo to join her on Marzanna and the pair had had a pleasant trip across the galaxy with Mairéad ensuring she was the excellent hostess she had built a reputation as. His lavish room was fully stocked with all his favourites and she had tried to make sure they enjoyed a glass of Fiora and a cigarra together when their time wasnt consumed with the mountains of paperwork their respective jobs seemed to entail. But now they were here and Mairéad was flying a steep course down to the landing pad before setting her shuttle down in the prearranged position ready to be met by Sylas Taff Sylas Taff or his chosen representative. She hoped it was Sylas himself, this was an important meeting so she wanted to deal with a person who could answer questions and make decisions themselves. She let out a little smirk to herself thinking about her own recent promotion and the level of power and autonomy that came with it.

"I think I can see our welcome party down there, cant quite make out the faces but there is about a half dozen guys out there. Have you digested the current legal spaghetti we have with these guys?" she said to Arturo as she allowed the steering column to retract then stood to adjust her outfit and apply her lipstick, blotting it on a piece of paper quickly to ensure the perfect finish, she did like to look the part after all. "This should be productive, as an old partner there is no reason for this to go badly, but who knows?" she would go in seeking to build a fresh start. If they could use the old arrangements as a framework, great, and if a decade of unpaid kickups flowed into Family funds, even better, but that was not the primary aim today.

The ramp underneath the nose of the shuttle hissed and dropped to allow the Caporegime and her accompanying lawyer to step down out into the sunshine and in to the arms of the waiting businessmen. Flanking and slightly behind the pair were several Family goons for security, their advanced weapons were concealed under beautifully tailored Epican Suits

Mairead was an astounding woman. He knew of her when Stardust first brought her into The Family, and steadily she climbed the ranks to Caporegime. Impressive. Though, only those who were impressive deserve to be Ivory's Caporegimes. And here he was, enjoying the benefits of her influence. THe quarters she provided for Envy and him were lavish, to say the least. She certainly held The Donna's opinion on luxury and travel.

Mirdirmorut... He wasn't entirely familiar with the company, he had never dealt with them nor was he with the Family in its previous iteration. Old records that mentioned the dealings along with old accounting logs were all he had to go off of to determine what exactly the deal they had was. A weapon manufacturer on a remote planet... Secret projects? Baseline equipment? Going there in person was really the only way to find out what they were capable of providing.

"I think I can see our welcome party down there, cant quite make out the faces but there is about a half dozen guys out there. Have you digested the current legal spaghetti we have with these guys?" she said to Arturo as she allowed the steering column to retract then stood to adjust her outfit and apply her lipstick, blotting it on a piece of paper quickly to ensure the perfect finish, she did like to look the part after all. "This should be productive, as an old partner there is no reason for this to go badly, but who knows?"
He cleared his throat. "Yes, and it's not really spaghetti. More... ravioli." He smiled at her, that perfect smile that he always had. "But that is why you have me here to distinguish such things." He watched her apply her lipstick. Truly an astounding woman. "If things go badly, I hardly think they'd shoot at you, Mairead. People tend to hesitate when destroying beautiful things."

"So they won't hesitate shooting you. Great." Envy spoke up with a sigh. "But you'll be there to fight them back, won't you dear?" Arturo replied, only pretending to be offended for a second. Envy nodded.

Soon it was time to head down, Arturo walking beside Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus with Envy directly behind and between both of them. They were flanked by the many Family Goons with them, but Arturo took the safety of the Ice Witch Capo and Envy over the Goons anyday.

Sylas Taff Sylas Taff | Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus

Before
Sylas was busy reading over reports coming from the labs about their new uses of biomolecules in the potential of creating living looking robots, sorta androids. Sylas was fine that the company was exploring the options but for the most part he had made sure that all trials had remained in terms of making animal looking droids, he enjoyed the company of droids with them being rather silent in nature most of the time, he wasn't comfortable with the new syntenic people a lot of places had begun looking into. That's when a call came in using a secret code, he had to double check it with Genesis but they seemed to be correct if older codes. Codes that had hailed from during his father's term as head of Mirdirmorut.

After reading the message, Sylas thought on it for a time before making a decision. He had wanted a way to be away from the current version of the Jedi particularly after what occurred on New Cov with two rather high ranking jedi going after a slicer, a code runner rather than attempting to save the people by making their way to close the holes that were opening up. Not only that but they seemly hadn't heard any of the chaos at the star port. The other Jedi who he had run into, had gone very extreme with taking dominance over one of the minor force users trying to capture him. He still wasn't sure what was going on with that either. However Genesis had mentioned some type of vault he should perhaps check some time soon. And he would but right now he shot off a message.

I would be delighted to speak about the reengagement of Miridirmorut's services in assistance with The Family. Please meet me at
these coordinates at your earliest convenience.

Now
Sylas stood at the location he had requested, The Waterfall of Peace, it was a force nexus which he was mostly hoping would help cover his force abilities. He didn't want a fight and he wasn't aware of much about The Family, so he figured better safe than sorry. He did make sure the location was locked down though with a squad of the
company's security forces being arrayed around keeping any onlookers from randomly joining them along with a squad of the new star fighters doing runs overhead to keep the place from also becoming dangerous in anyway.

As the ship landed and began lowering the ramp, Sylas stepped slightly forward in his dark green suit with his lightsabre hidden in parts on him with a
Ghostwalker hidden on his right arm and a Calor Clypeus hidden on his left arm both hidden under his suit jacket. He saw a Lady and a Gentlemen directly flanked by some kind of body guard and then a bunch of regular security forces. Sylas smiled at them both, "Welcome to Noverskaa and to the Waterfall of Peace. My apologies for not picking somewhere indoors but I figured it's a nice day and that this was a good space for ease of leaving as much as arrival." Sylas was speaking the truth, it was a rather nice day with the sun out and the wind lifting just enough spray off the waterfall for the clearing to remain cool enough for the suits.

"So I understand that today we are talking about the reinvolvement of Mirdirmorut resources within The Family's Assets? So I guess the question becomes, what can Mirdirmorut do for The Family? Because I am aware that The Family may be able to help us remain hopefully prosperous and Neutral if possible. While I am assuming assisting with any pirates who might decide that they can attempt to take what they want?" Sylas asked and waited for a response. Right at the moment more than anything he was looking for a way to keep the Jedi and the GA from deciding that Noverskaa was their next choice for inclusion into the GA particularly since he was aware that stirrings of the Sith retaking Korriban were on the air and that put Noverskaa in the middle somewhat.

Tags: Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus I Arturo Arturo

People tend to hesitate when destroying beautiful things."
Mairéad smiled and blew a kiss in the handsome man's direction. "That silvery tongue of yours could cause all manner of trouble" and she laughed at the comment from envy as they continued. She almost asked for clarification on the ravioli comment, but then shook it off as clearly just a joke.

My apologies for not picking somewhere indoors

"No apologies necessary, the location is beautiful." Mairéad turned her head into the breeze created from the waterfall and enjoyed the summers air as Sylas Taff Sylas Taff continued to speak. She could sense the force in the air, it was fairly overwhelming and Mairéad would have no way of telling that Sylas was a force sensitive. He might sense her own power over the noise but she had neither the need nor the inclination to hide hers.

"Its good that your father seems to have kept you informed of who we are, it will make things easier, can your bodyguard be trusted with discretion?" Traditionally, terms like The Family were not thrown about except by those in the know, the fact he was already up to speed would make this situation less of a dance and they could get straight to business. It did also however mean that Mairéad would have to kill the man for knowing too much if things went badly, but it was a bridge she would cross later. She hoped the man had the wherewithall to only bring out very trusted security, particularly if he was openly negotiating with gangsters.

She walked and held out her hand to shake it as a greeting. Whether he took the offer or not, she would continue. "Mirdirmorut has a large and highly valuable inventory and sales base in a region that we have only made small inroads in. What we would like is fairly simple, a slice of that business and suitable access to your technologies that might meet our needs.

In exchange, you company would fall under our protection, and you as its owner would benefit from an extensive network of good friends."

She thought for a moment at the comment on neutrality, she was not entirely what that meant, neutral in which situation? "Prosperity is something we certainly work towards, and several of our businesses have become extremely lucrative, as long as everyone's books are kept in order." she let a little smirk out to Arturo Arturo "Then there is no reason that the larger Galactic powers should be interfering in your business." she didn't mention the pirates, it went without saying that membership in a powerful criminal gang came with its own protections from that kind of annoyance, she thought of Cass Gemini Cass Gemini , the strange friend of Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud and wondered whether this man has encountered her own pirate band.

Silas Silas
Mairéad smiled and blew a kiss in the handsome man's direction. "That silvery tongue of yours could cause all manner of trouble"
He mimed gently taking the kiss out of the air. "As long as you stick around, I think I could endure the trouble."

The place was quite... natural. He expected a business meeting to be indoors. Fancy table, nice flooring, trimmed walls. Not a waterfall.
"Welcome to Noverskaa and to the Waterfall of Peace. My apologies for not picking somewhere indoors but I figured it's a nice day and that this was a good space for ease of leaving as much as arrival."
"Yeah you could've-" He held up a hand to shield his face from a small spray of water. It didn't help, little droplets landing and darkening his suit coat. He let out a small sigh and dropped his hand, shaking the water off. "Apology accepted." Envy, covered in her clothing and hood, stepped up beside Arturo to block future sprays. She also advanced because she could detect the weapons and gear on the individual they were meeting. Precautionary measure.

Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus and Sylas Taff Sylas Taff opened negotiations and Arturo had to step in. "That is to say, legally you will be contracted Moonveil and other security company forces that we have under our umbrella, and be invited for expenses-paid trips to Coruscant and other planets for vacations and company retreats, where there will be other representatives such as yourself. And if larger galactic powers try to step in and say, contract you for war efforts, we can get the legal groundwork to protect you from being forced into such an arrangement."

Sylas wasn't much interested in anyone's particular force ability as so much as hiding his own in case of an emergency. He smiled gently at the mention of his father. He nodded "Yes he did indeed keep a record of his numerous business deals even those, which would be seen as perhaps a tad underhanded by certain organisations that once had their talons as it were deep into our world and company. These men are all veterans of many a battle for me, my father, this world and the company. I trust each one implicitly and with my life." He seemed to have struck some kind of nerve using the name, The Family for such a question to be raised. "Besides a number of them have done quiet tours on Denon protecting other 'assets' present there, that I am sure people such as yourselves are aware of." He would hold out a hand to shake her hand. He also saw the lawyer of hers get sprayed by some water, he nodded some people wouldn't necessarily like the spray of the water so he quietly ask the waterfall to calm itself using a small tendril of the force that connected his family to this place. It would stop spraying any of them with water and it would be hardly noticeable what he did.

Sylas smiled at the mention of Mirdirmoruts inventory, "Indeed we do, my grandfather and father worked hard to get us to the level of equipment we now have. I was lead to understand that several projects in the past were even funded by your organisation, so I would deem you more than entitled to a slice of business and access to meet needs." He nodded afterwards "Yes indeed everyone needs good friends. The books are always in order with Mirdirmorut thank to our AI. She helps us greatly in many projects." It was fine to let them know about the existence of Genasis, besides its not like everyone didn't have their own AI these days. Ah yes then the lawyer came in to speak legalese make it all official and on the record of course, "I see while I am glad for the movement to stop the galactic powers from trying to take my business from me is a nonissue, they wouldn't have the know how of being able to get through the front door. No perhaps I should be clearer. My aim in all this is to attempt to make Noverskaa a neutral world that won't fall to the whims of these galactic powers. That is my aim. If you are unable to promise that, it is okay I am still more than happy to go ahead with our current deal and I shall figure out my own way to make Noverskaa remain neutral." He said still with his same smile, maybe it was fixed, maybe it was genuine it was hard to tell in this moment.

Tags: Arturo Arturo I Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus

The man in front of her explained the level of trust he had in the people around him. "Its a good thing and a rare thing to have people you can place that level of trust in. I count myself as very lucky to have similar." she looked at Arturo Arturo as he shielded himself from the light spray in the air, to each to their own, she loved the feel of the cool mist of her face.

Besides a number of them have done quiet tours on Denon

"Lucky guys, getting to escape all this to visit Denon." she said with a friendly and slightly sarcastic grin, this planet was beautiful, and while Denon could have a certain charm, it was grimy and ugly.

She nodded along as Sylas Taff Sylas Taff continued to explain some of the history between their organisatons, she could certainly see how they would have been a good fit and why they would be going forwards.

"Official political neutrality is probably beyond our capacity, the Galactic Alliance is quite the juggernaut, but we have experience at applying subtle pressures in the right places that can help an organisation keep themselves from being entirely consumed." She paused a moment, "Legally speaking you may end up having to folllow certain alliance laws should their attention turn this way, and honestly, following the big laws make it much easier to get away with manipulating the smaller ones to your own ends. noone wanted to get thrown in prison for something really obvious. The Alliance authorities had too much on their plate look into every dealing of every company, so compliance with the more conspicuous laws was the easiest way to hide in plain sight, this was the way Moonveil and Fiora had operated for years.

She stopped and gave a little smirk at the smiling man, "And how about you, the person, not the business executive, what do you want from this friendship?" Mairéad asked him. She herself had made a lot of money on her own path with the Family, but more than that she had found people she could trust and call friends and also, particularly with her newest promotion, she was enjoying the power to shape things and the flexibility that came with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom