Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Business as Usual - Coruscant

Josh stayed behind Alarah as the man nodded. "Right this way, Ducha" the man stated.

After a few minutes walking through the halls of the Senate building, the squirrelly assistant pointed them down the hall.

"Third door to the right. Chancellor Halen is expecting you" he said, still looking like he didn't want to be here. That power hungry look that crossed his face as he said the word "Chancellor" seemed to speak volumes about the atmosphere in the building. Something that Josh picked up on right away. Regardless, he said nothing, except give Alarah a smile as he walked with her, knocking on the door to ensure they were in the right one. Hearing a voice shout "Come in!" he nodded at Alarah and stood back respectfully to allow the Ducha to go in. Josh himself would go in second, as a courtesy to royalty.

@[member="Alarah Kel"]

Alarah Kel

A
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Alarah kept her eyes on the male the whole time, as if expecting him to attempt a fast one. Body language as well as intuition told the young noble not to trust this guy. She'd nod and glanced to the longer-haired male in a business suit trailing her in stoic silence. She'd issue a calm order in flawless Hapan, the reaction to which saw the Bransigs one-by-one standing at the entrance of the accessway, in a rest at attention pose akin to Military officers.

Alarah seemed a bit uneasy now that she had learned that she was expected. Who called the Chancellor and arranged a meeting so quickly? Did one of the two senators have him on speed dial and tipped him off when she wasn't paying attention to them? She'd remove her coat and her rapier with it and would hang it on a coat stand, revealing her flattering red bodycon and accessories that were previously hidden by the warm outerwear. She'd then stop near the Chancellor, standing in anticipation of an exchange of formalities.

Halen had been informed that he had been expected, tipped off by a Senator that the Ducha Of Gaillinore was looking for an audience with someone in charge in the Senate. He had asked for Miss Kel to be fetched and brought here for a meeting, as she no doubt wanted.

As the woman made her way in, accompanied by a young man with blonde hair, along with her posse, Halen tilted his head. Was this an assassination? Was she here to have him killed and attempt to throw off the Republic? But ah... He noticed the robes and the lightsaber of the young blonde haired man. A Jedi, judging by the robes and armor under said robes, a very skilled one at that. Jedi Knight or Master, perhaps? If Knight, very late in the stage, most likely by the looks of him. The boy looked young, yet mature. Like the experience of many battles over many years had hardened and changed him. He reminded him sort of like.... Himself, he thought to himself. Yes, the young Jedi reminded Halen of Halen when he was a young man, smack dead in the middle of combat, for years fighting for his life. But that was a story for another time...

The Hapan woman. She was a beauty, indeed. He hoped that despite the Jedi being there, which was a likely means that her and her little posse wouldn't attack.... She wouldn't be here to cause harm. He'd heard bits and pieces about her wanting to discuss something about defence from the Senators that seem to overhear EVERYTHING and want to try and get in good graces to set themselves up to be the next big cheese.... But regardless, he was mostly in the dark about what the Ducha wanted. Regardless, it was an honor to meet royalty from so far off.

"Your Highness, it is an honor" Halen said, giving a bow as he stood up. "Please. Take a seat. May I please get your name? And you as well, young Jedi" he said, giving a nod to both Alarah and Joshua.

@[member="Alarah Kel"]

Alarah Kel

A
@[member="Philip J. Halen"]
@Joshua DragonsFlame

"Alarah Kel, Ducha of Gallinore and CEO of Paragon enterprises." she said in a formal tone, although this man's demeanour made her want to loosen up. She'd keep with the stiff noble routine until she could relax herself without compromising professionalism. She seemed taken aback at the use of 'Your Highness' when she wasn't royalty, but lesser nobility. A Ducha (Dukat, Masculine) was akin to a Duchess (Duke, masculine) in more familiar terms in Basic. "I do not believe I've ever been so styled before, Chancellor." she said. "Ducha Kel is suitable for now. The Queen Mother is far beyond my equal."

Alarah would then gracefully take a seat on the adjacent sofa, shifting just a bit to get comfortable.

Josh had never met the Supreme Chancellor before. He was taken aback by the man's friendliness and loosened up yet formal nature. Almost like a mature, old, less bubbly male Aleidis.... Well, not really. Point is, he was a kark ton lot more friendlier then most Senators he had met on Coruscant. Made a nice change.

"Josh DragonsFlame, sir. Jedi Knight and Weaponmaster of the Jedi Council" he responded politely, giving a nod in response. It seemed weird though.... Something about this man felt so... Familiar.... He could feel it.... In the Force?

In the Force... But how? He doubted the Supreme Chancellor was Force Sensitive.... Maybe he was sensitive and untrained? That might explain it....

@[member="Alarah Kel"]

Halen chuckled at the responses of both the man and the woman. He gave an apologetic smile to Alarah.

"Ah... My apologies, Ducha. I was misinformed of your position" Halen stated respectfully. He hoped that the woman wouldn't be offended by the miscommunication and misinformation on his end. "I am Supreme Chancellor Philip Joseph Halen. You can call me Phil, or Chancellor, your choice" he said with a smile.

"You have come quite the ways here just to meet with the Senate though... I believe your planet is a 3 day trip here, and three days back, is it not?" Halen asked. "This must be a very important matter if you are willing to take that far of a trip just to come here. So, why don't we get down to business, Ducha?" he finally asked, getting down to business.

As he said that though, something came to his realization. The boy's last name.

DragonsFlame. That was a name Halen hadn't heard in many. Many. MANY years... But where had he heard that name before... It hadn't touched his mind for many many years... But where.... Where had that name been important to him? Where did he know a DragonsFlame from before?

@[member="Alarah Kel"]

Alarah Kel

A
@Joshua DragonsFlame
@Alarah Kel

"Well, to be frank, my formal title is much akin to a Duchess in other cultures. A Ducha is a noblewoman who governs one of Ta'a Chume's 63 worlds. Call it neo-feudalism mixed with a facade of Republic-like political practices.. except that the representatives on Her Majesty's Peerage council are not elected, but instead inherit their positions from their mothers. We balance the nobility in Lorell hall with a Council of Commoners, whom have as part of their own practice, elected representatives. Ta'a Chume, however, has the final word on legislation." Alarah explained with a proud expression.... and this pride was distinctly national pride. "Word is that there have been talks of integrating the Hapes Consortium into the Republic more completely, than merely being an allied member state. Before I speak my word on the matter in Lorell Hall, I'd rather see what I am facing business-wise and politically."

She'd pause a moment and looked to Josh. "Josh, would you be a dear and reach into my coat pocket? My datapad is stored there." she requested, taking a more relaxed, yet still professional tone. She'd curl her rouged lips in a warm smile.

"Some of my business plans are stored on my personal datapad, Chancellor. I suppose it would be prudent to show you what I deal in."

Pushing away the thoughts, Josh nodded and walked to Alarah's coat pocket. He wasn't exactly used to taking orders, but the VC was there, and he was here as a favor to his friend Alarah. So he said nothing.

Reaching through her coat pocket until he found the datapad, he walked over and took a seat beside Alarah, feeling a little more relaxed now and hoping the Chancellor wouldn't mind. He handed her the datapad with a slight smile.

@[member="Alarah Kel"]

Alarah Kel

A

Alarah smiled and accepted her datapad, turning it on. She'd sift through a few files before bringing up a few charts and other doohickeys that businesspeople and the occasional politician used to qualify their statements.

"Thank you... I should start with how we stand as a company." she stated simply

Halen took in the information, nodding slowly. He wasn't sure what she was discussing, she seemed to ramble on a bit but he didn't hold it against her. What he DID manage to garner though, was not a public security proposition, as he was previously tipped off on, but the possibility of a Hapan consort in the Republic. The idea interested him.

His gaze turned to the strangely named Jedi. Halen wondered why a Jedi Council Member would so easily take orders from a Hapan minor nobility, even if Ducha. Of course, by the way he noticed the Hapan woman and the Jedi would look at each other and smile every single time, it was easy to assume they were close friends, and DragonsFlame was here as a favour to the Ducha as a friend as opposed to just being some kind of hired bodyguard or flunkie, like the rest of her flock that she had brought with her.

He took a breath. Not speaking, just listening, hearing out what she had to say.

@[member="Alarah Kel"]

Jentara sighed, waiting outside and listening to what was going on, evidently having become the third wheel of the equation.

"Ugh... How long will this take..."

@[member="Philip J. Halen"] @[member="Alarah Kel"] @[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Alarah Kel

A

Alarah would produce a hologram revealing the charts she was referencing as she spoke her spiel. "As you see, over the past fiscal year, Paragon Enterprises productivity has been steadily rising. With the increase in productivity, so too, has the stock value of the corporation. With the advent of our newest additions to the Royal Navy, we should be phasing out dated warships with our new and improved models. Part of the business and political proposal I intend to speak with the Senate about has to do with the defense of the Republic's borders... and of course, with some of our technology spearheading the effort." she explained.

"While of course, I'll be the first to admit that Paragon is seeking to expand our industrial territory beyond Hapan Space, our priorities are to innovate new technologies. To do this, I will be shifting my focus onto worlds deemed suitable for either mining or salvage operations." She continued. "Paragon posses mining and salvage capabilities as well as licensing by the Crown in Hapan Space, in no small part due the acquisition of a struggling mining corporation we saved from bankruptcy... rather, that was my mother's doing."

She'd pull up a hologram of a specific planet she had taken interest in. "Raxus Prime... a disgusting wasteland polluted by millenia of refuse-dumping. Tell me Chancellor... what might you be able to tell me of this planet? Further, do you know the status of the surrounding systems in terms of faction jurisdiction?" she asked curiously, her gaze glued to the sickly coloured sphere of light hovering above her datapad.

Choosing to say "feth it" to the situation, Jentara entered the room with the Jedi, the Chancellor, and the Hapan senator/businesswoman.

"Raxus Prime is in Sith space. Unless you chose to deal with the Empire, you wouldn't be doing any with there any time soon. If you intend to do so, though, the glut of scrapmetal is quite significant, as are the ships there, provided you can restore them."
@Philip J. Halen @Alarah Kel @Yusan Fenn

Yusan, seemingly waking up from just sitting on the bench and them walking off entered the room behind Jentara but stopped immediately. "Excuse me Chancellor, do you mind if i enter, i had to handle something before i followed and im not sure if its still my place to be at this meeting." He stood straightened as he entered, his hands crossed behind him and resting in the small of his back while they were shrouded by the Jedi-like robes. His glided slowly over the four(?) in the room and smiled. "And i do hope i haven't missed something important."

Alarah Kel

A
@[member="Jentara Vel"]
@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Alarah laughed at Jentara's remark. "Oh no... Considering the Empire has directly crossed me, I shant do any profitable business with them." she said matter of factly. "However, they hold a gem-in-the-rough of a world and I'd personally like to claim it.... unfortunate to hear that it is in Sith Space, however. Let us pray they do not get or have not already gotten the same ambitious ideas I have. I won't push for more war, considering war is expensive and costs more than just money. I've seen war first hand...." she trailed of as the image of the bright flash and electronic interference from the planet buster impacts she witnessed three years prior crossed her mind again, haunting the periphery of her consciousness. The craters were still there and the local area was still highly radioactive.

She had heard the chilling reports from the relief teams of charred, blackened ruins with the brighter silhouettes of Human forms... some of which were smaller than others. The blasts didn't discriminate. Men, women, and children alike who couldn't evacuate the area were vaporised in the heat blast and what few were left likely froze to death in the nuclear winter that followed. She'd inhale deeply and set her jaw as she pushed the image from her mind. The last thing she needed was an emotional breakdown during a meeting with Republic big shots.... she'd appear weak. Therefore, Alarah would take a moment's pause to collect herself while giving as little indication that she was troubled by something as Humanly possible. She'd quickly get back on track.

"So, for lack of access to Raxus Prime, I am interested in alternative claims, such as asteroid belts and alternative worlds similar to Raxus Prime, if any viable ones exist. The resource influx resulting from such a project will create stable and well-paying jobs for more people, which will trickle upwards as these people spend to provide for themselves and their families. Further, the productivity increase will see Paragon Enterprises' co-operation with other Republic defense contractors helping to improve the defenses of the Republic as a whole without the need for additional defense spending from Coruscant... and we will provide healthy competition with these same corporations. The Republic would be helping its own economy, as would Hapes." Alarah suggested. She was starting to sound like her mother, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom