Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Business as Usual - Coruscant

"Yes, that sounds like a plan. After all, the fighter is something we need to stimulate our military manufacturing. Shall we go?"

Eying @[member="Alarah Kel"] and @[member="Yusan Fenn"], Jentara smiled, eager to get to work.

After all, this was good business.

Alarah Kel

A
@[member="Jentara Vel"]
@Yusan Fenn
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]
Alarah nodded. "Surely... but I'd rather have my Jedi friend along as well, of course." she said, glancing at Josh. "We've something of a rapport and I feel his input would be valuable." To those who knew Hapan culture, this statement was unusual. Alarah chose not to explain this rapport just yet.

She'd look Jentara over. "And you are a politician also, no?" she asked, her Hapan accent thick, silkening her voice. "I am Alarah of House Kel, Ducha of Gallinore."

"And I'm Jentara Vel, Senator of Onderon and descendent of the royal family. Pleased to meet you." Her own voice took on a distinct sultry tone. "I'm almost jealous, actually. Hard to believe you're really that beautiful."

Well, Hapans always were the ones who seemed to outclass her, after all.

Josh himself was somewhat considered royalty. His parentage from his mothers side was a descendant to a former monarch in Velmor. Of course, being a Jedi, one on the Jedi Council to boot... He didn't tend to state it publicly. Actually, he didn't even think he had told Alarah. Oh well.

The Jedi gave a slight smile at Alarah's acknowledgement. He didn't speak, at least not yet, but flashed both Alarah and Jentara a handsome smile, one in thanks to Alarah, as well as agreement that he would be happy to come along, and one to Jentara in greeting.

@[member="Jentara Vel"] @[member="Alarah Kel"]

@[member="Alarah Kel"] @[member="Jentara Vel"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] "Glad to have the jedi along, im sure their affinity to matters involving martial power will come in handy..." He looked at the man, Joshua Dragonsflame. This was a man he knew from records only and he knew he was high up, now if only there were a way to truly tell this man's worth. "Hello mister Dragonsflame, no need to introduce yourself. Ive seen your face in the reports ive gone through about the Jedi order and its recent happenings."

Josh chuckled at the man's greeting, giving a pleasant smile in response. Josh himself had looked at records and reports of the Senate's, usually for advanced warning if war was a possibility. It was good to remain knowledgeable about happenings so you weren't sent off to Metalorn or something out of nowhere, after all. He recalled the man's face in one of them, Yusan Fenn was his name, he believed. Of course, with everything the Weaponmaster had been going through lately, he could easily have been mistaken.

"And it is a pleasure to meet you as well, mister Senator" DragonsFlame replied, giving a curt nod in greeting. "The Jedi Order's been rather interesting lately, has it not?" he asked with a slight smirk. "Of course, with the reports I've seen... So has the Senate" he added with a slight jolly laugh. Regardless of the obvious lack of rest on the Jedi's face, and the overwhelming stress in his face and eyes, he seemed to be a good natured fellow nonetheless.

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]
@[member="Jentara Vel"]
@[member="Alarah Kel"]

Jentara's eyes briefly lit up as she eyed @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] over. It was as though she recognized him... but with his position, he was likely quite recognizable.

"Ah, Knight DragonsFlame... I trust you'll be sticking around? I've heard some rumors from other senators about the Jedi growing somewhat schismatic with the Republic, and I'd hope it wasn't true. We do need everyone we can get during these trying times, after all."

DragonsFlame smirked over at @[member="Jentara Vel"]. "Ah, the Senate's blind blame for the Jedi for Contruum.... Justified in some ways, but rash and foolish in others. I'll be sticking around, though I think my time being a major boon for their military, which gets taken for granted quite a bit, might be a bit less" he admitted. "Just giving them what they want, basically. Taking less of a part in their battles, and serving better as a guardian instead of a soldier. Leaving the military actions to the military" he added. Regardless of Jentara being a Senator herself, and likely one of the people who blasted the Jedi to begin with, Josh was brutally honest at all times. If it was something that the person asking didn't want to hear.... Tough shart.

"As for business right now, I'm here assisting my dear friend @[member="Alarah Kel"]" he said, shooting Alarah a smile. "We go way back. I spent a week on Hapes after we met on business. It was a blast"

@[member="Jentara Vel"]
@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Alarah Kel

A
@[member="Jentara Vel"]
@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Alarah listened to the greetings and conversation for a moment. "Gallinore..." she corrected Josh. "I do not reside on Hapes Prime. I only ever go there for major financial transactions or when Ta'a Chume convenes Peerage." she explained.

"What's happened on Contruum that has the Senate cross with the Jedi?" she asked, motioning with a gloved hand that they should walk and talk till they reached an appropriate meeting place.

As they walked, he sighed.

"Some idiot Ex Jedi Master, who judging by the explanation she gave on the Council Trial, is someone who wants more war then peace.... Attacked the Auction on Contrumm against Aleidis's orders. Several Jedi under her command attacked as well, as did some soldiers due to their confusion. It's caused massive strife across the galaxy, and almost caused war with both the Black Sun and CIS, both who could have used the Treaty Of Ithor to bring us to war with every faction on the map" he explained. "The current Chancellor, Philip Halen sorted it all out. But the Jedi, by what I have heard, has been made to look like the bad guys by the Senate. If they don't think we do well working with their military, then I just won't work with their military" he said with a shrug.

@[member="Alarah Kel"]

Yusan sighed, his reached his peak of boredom at hearing that for the tenth time now. "Mister Dragonsflame, i am one of those who saw your order as over zealous in the reacquisition of your artifacts. I am sorry to say this but your fellow Jedi and yourself should not be barred from the military, but i do believe that you should not hold ranks equal to Generals or Admirals. Furthermore i do not think a Jedi or Former Jedi should serve in the Senate." He remained calm as he said that and waited for a response to his sudden intrusion into the conversation. @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Josh looked at Yusan, with a more serious expression now.

"A Jedi didn't order it, sir. Sure, they were OUR artifacts that were being auctioned off, but no Jedi in their right mind would disobey the Chancellor's orders. The one who caused the whole mess was exiled, and rightfully so for her actions. Jedi with heads on their shoulders will not make the same mistake" he said simply.

"As for Jedi and Ex Jedi being in the Senate... Think about this. If you right now quit the Senate and found out you were force sensitive, and went to the Jedi asking to be trained, asking to be one of us... You know what we'd do? We wouldn't discriminate because you're a Senator" he said, shaking his head. "We'd take you, and treat you as equally as everyone else. Regardless of any position you held or have held. What's so wrong about it being the other way around, might I ask?"

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Alarah Kel

A
@Joshua DragonsFlame
@Jentara Vel
@Yusan Fenn

Alarah stayed quiet on the matter as she listened, taking it all in. She finally spoke up and raised her hands level with her chest, fingers splayed plaicatingly. "Now now, I did not mean to cause an argument. I am certain neither side is completely blameless, as is usually the story, and it isn't my place to sort it out... it IS my hope, however, that it can be sorted out neatly without creating an exploitable opening in the Republic's defenses..." she said, looking to the Temple again as a passive-aggressive means of reminding them of the price of a lack of proper vigilance and defense initiatives.

"Now then, I would be most honoured to meet this Chancellor of yours as well as to speak to your Senate if I may. Most of my concerns have to do with business and infrastructure, but considering my line of work... well, the potential good this serves to the lot of us is, I believe, worth a moment of time." she added, attempting to change the subject with a no-nonsense aire of professionalism.

"If I recall correctly, it was the chancellor herself who led the Republic fleet to the planet. She killed some Whipid and stole a powerful Dark Side artifact known as the Darkstaff before disappearing. I've been leading a private investigation to track her and the relic down since she appeared via hologram to the Senate."

Of course there were other reasons she wanted Aleidis to be found, but those were private and they would stay private.

Alarah Kel

A
@[member="Jentara Vel"]

Alarah glanced at Jentara and said, "I myself am funding a little investigation... a search for a certain Sith ship: the Eye of Sanity." Her accented tone was somewhat flat sounding as she spoke. "That ship has caused me some trouble in a campaign I was involved with fairly recently... the assault on Polis Massa. While combatant casualties were minimal, I lost upwards of 100 non-combatant crew members on one of my Battle Dragons because one of the captured Sith pilots belonging to the Eye of Sanity decided to be a martyr and bombed the docking bay after they passed through the shielding layers. It was an atrocity and is completely unacceptable." she explained.

"I am offering a reward for the one who finds the ship, tags him with a transponder, can verify the ship's identity, Identifies his Commmander by name complete with a suitable dossier, and can ensure that homing beacon tag will not be easily removed before the ship can be taken and his crew silenced." She said. "... and I am very wealthy.."

Yusan's brow perked up at the mention of this eye of sanity, interested by the mention of this ship. "This 'Eye of Sanity'. What class of ship is it and where was it last seen. I have several contacts that could track it down and reveal some information into its location and i am very interested in having a chance to study such a ship if it is of experimental design. If you dont mind me changing the topic that is, and by no means think this means i wont get you two that meeting, its just i have to get it set up personally as i dont hire aides to do my work."

@[member="Alarah Kel"] @[member="Jentara Vel"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Josh chuckled a bit as @[member="Yusan Fenn"] used Alarah's change of topic to completely dodge his argument about the Senate's standards. But for Alarah's sake, he shot her a smile and a nod, letting her know that he would drop it for her.

"Ah, I suppose this is the ship you mentioned to me during our little business meeting?" he asked with a slight smirk.

Alarah Kel

A
@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Alarah nodded. "Oh, your efforts to get us a meeting are most appreciated, Senator Fenn." she said. "As for the Eye, he was last seen at Polis Massa. The last known trajectory was due Right Ascension 14 hours, 39 minutes, 35.08 seconds, Declination -60 degrees, 50 arcminutes, 13.76 arcseconds. As for his class, that is unknown to me. I know he's a Sith ship and one that doesn't quite cut it as a proper destroyer. All I know of his commander is that he or she is quite insane, considering how the Eye was launched into hyperspace aimed barely a degree above my fleet's controlled space." she explained.

The Ducha would sigh before adding, "If he were less than a degree down-angle, he would have jumped through the Battle Dragon Radiant Glory, destroying both the Eye of Sanity, his crew as well as the Radiant and the rest of his crew.... those that weren't murdered by his suicidal bomber pilots." Alarah's tone was growing decidedly irritated as she recalled the event as clearly as if it had just occurred yesterday. This woman could hold a grudge, it seemed.

Josh nudged @[member="Alarah Kel"] faintly, whispering "I see someone from the Chancellor's office motioning toward you. I think they let the Chancellor know you were coming"

And right he was. A man who looked important was motioning Alarah and her posse over. And he looked rather impatient. Probably would be a good idea to get to him before he blows a gasket.

Josh smiled a bit as he sensed the irritated emotions of the assistant. Dreams of glamour and power were easy to sense as well through their emotions. Ambition. Greed. But that's just another day in the Senate. Another member. Another set of emotions that all seemed the same....

(Sorry to end the little party quickly, but.... It's done, you're welcome Alarah :p )

Alarah Kel

A

Alarah lofted a thin eyebrow as she briefly scrutinised the man beckoning the group forward. "Interesting, Josh. I hadn't planned on meeting the Chancellor when I arrived, although it is a welcome detour in my plans for the day." she whispered back. She'd lift her head up a bit in a typical show of her nobility, as her mother would have done were it she who was here on business, and strode forward. Every step she took seemed choreographed, as if it were all part of some grand show.

"Ducha Alarah Kel, of Gallinore." she said in an even tone, her accented Basic silkening her voice. Her eyes met the man's and did not have to be raised nor lowered much at all due to the few extra centimetres her boots inconspicuously lent her; her height seemed to be barely a centimetre less than the aide's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom