Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Business as Usual - Coruscant

A soft smile hit Jentara's face as she first arrived. It seemed that the issues of the day were quite frugal in matter, thus a period of relaxation was evidently needed. She stepped through the Imperial Gardens, eager to meet and mingle with more of her various counterparts. Eying @[member="Yusan Fenn"], sitting comfortably on a bench and looking a starfighter design over, she sat down next to him.

"Hi... Nice to meet you."

Yusan looked up as he was disecting an engine of the 3D model, which barely looked like a ship at all now. "Hello, can i help you miss...?" He stopped what he was doing and looked at her, waiting for her response while he silently studied her, and glancing around the area for a camera or something having assumed at first she was a reporter of some sorts. His expression though remained as it always was, calm and cheerful, his tone welcoming, and his odd appearance as odd as ever considering what he did for a living. @[member="Jentara Vel"]

"Jentara Vel, Senator of Onderon. Nice to meet you." She softly looked the Echani politician over. He was the first company she'd had in quite some time. She eyed the engine hologram over, the tech aspect of her mind starting to come out.

"Ion engine, right?"

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

@[member="Jentara Vel"]

He looked back at it the disected engine and its now scattered hull of what was once a Clawcraft fighter the empire had used eight centuries back and nodded. "I was studying this data on an old Clawcraft fighter used long ago, seeing what insight could be given into how it could be improved. You see, i rather liked the design and was thinking of making something myself like it, but im getting ahead of myself and rambling." He looked back at her and set the projector on the ground before holding out a hand, "Yusan Fenn at your service, Senator of Eshan."

"Twin ion engine design. I like it." She smiled, looking it over happily, quite intrigued by his foresight. "I was hoping to get some starfighter deisgns involved with our Navy. War is on the edge, and you know as well as I do that our navy is ill-prepared for such a thing."

And it was unfortunately true. But Jentara always had a bigger stake in things, after all.

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

"You dont need to remind me of that miss Vel, my home world is a border world and i hope to make sure that it and all others like it are kept safe. Im hoping this fighter design will give me some insight on why it was such a liked fighter of the old Empire and of the Chiss Ascendancy and its splinter group the Empire of the Hand. From what i could tell it had immense maneuverability capabilities and these engines gave it speed, maybe if this design was copied and improved it could rival modern fighters and interceptors... sorry is this is boring you, i get caught up when i talk about starships and the likes." He glanced at her again after picking up the holo projector and going back to dissecting the engine as he talked. @[member="Jentara Vel"]

"No no, I find it to be quite a fascinating thing. I too have plans for a Republic heavy fighter in the works, a nice two-man job that'll prove to be most useful against the various hostile forces that dare to threaten our sovereignty. Onderon is fairly close to the border as well, thus my rationale for acquisition of new fighter types."

Perhaps they could come to a mutually beneficial deal.

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Yusan thought for a moment and looked down at his datapad, closing the current file and bringing up a different on on the projector. It was a sleeker and obviously custom made project that was on the screen, but incorporated the two man piloting system she had just mentioned. "Something like this? I havent been able to gain the money to make a prototype of this but i finished it on the ride to Coruscant that i received from a friend." @[member="Jentara Vel"]

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

"Something similar, yes..." She smiled, eying the young man across from her. "That Subach-Innes company... They made a fighter with eight laser cannons. I'm eager to see if that design can be put to use for the Republic's military purposes."

She smiled, eager to hear his feedback on the issue.

"Its an interesting thought, though if it doesnt have the sufficient speed or shields a fighter only lasts so long in a dogfight. Im more of a fan of interceptors myself, quick and agile. But..." He thought this over, making a note on his datapad. "Ill have to check out this idea of a fighter with eight laser cannons, no doubt the amount of damage it could do might make up for the lose of speed and agility that interceptors are known for." He rubbed his chin, the act looked comical but was nothing more than a habit for Yusan. @[member="Jentara Vel"]

"It's about as maneuverable and speedy as your standard assault fighter. Subach evidently worked with someone from Ariko Shipworks to design the prototype. This ship is, in all ways, superior to what we currently have assault fighter-wise."

And yes, it was true.

@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Alarah Kel

A
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Alarah had been walking along with Josh as she awaited his answer. She hoped it wasn't too senstive a subject.

"It was on Tython, quite a ways from here" the Jedi said, a look of remorse on his face as he looked down. "They're gone. Their Sith magic stole their souls, their very beings and turned them into dark husks that attacked their own bretheren, and were cut down out of self defense if the Sith didn't just kill them themselves" he said, sighing.

"There is naught we can do but honor their sacrifices. They shouldn't have died that way"

@[member="Alarah Kel"]

Alarah Kel

A

Alarah nodded solemnly. "I don't mean to cast a shadow, but it is curious that the capitol of the Republic was left open enough that the Sith could attack and get away." she said. To many, her saying so might be upsetting, considering it sounded like patronising. "I am glad I made the trip, if only that the recent happenings could be warning enough that Republic borders remain too vulnerable." she added.

Alarah would sigh and added further, "... I do not mean to say that the Republic is ineffective, nor the Jedi.... only that we have alot of space in our collective territory and not enough defense for all of it. War as well as preventative infrastructure is expensive, I know. I intend to compete with Republic defense contractors as well as co-operate with them... competition to improve both Paragon and other Royal Defense Contractors as well as Republic contractors and co-operation for the common good."

@[member="Jentara Vel"]

Yusan rubbed his chin, instantly interested in the ship. "You wouldn't happen to be able to have a file on this ship or a model of it on a datachip do you? Im interested to see this ship and if it is as well constructed and has the capabilities that you are describing... it is definitely something i would openly support introducing to the Republic's fleet."

Alarah Kel

A
@[member="Yusan Fenn"]
@[member="Jentara Vel"]

Alarah stopped walking a moment and looked behind her, past her stoic bodyguards. She noted Yusan and one other person pouring over technology developments and got an idea. "That man mentioned he is a senator and he seems interested in military development... I wonder..." she trailed off before delicately about-facing to approach him.

"Pardon me, Senator. Can you be bothered a moment more?" she asked.

Yusan looked up at Alarah, keeping the smile he had on his face. "Yes, what can i help you with Miss Kel? I mean Docha Kel." He corrected himself quickly remembering the earlier correction of his use of titles. Though he remained completely calm as he corrected himself, not overly rushing to do so. @[member="Alarah Kel"]

Alarah Kel

A
@Yusan Fenn
@Joshua DragonsFlame
@Jentara Vel

"I can tell you like ships... So do I." she began, her eyes narrowing just a bit. She wore almost that conniving expression her mother made famous. "Further, you mentioned you were a Senator, which means you have a direct voice on the Senate floor, much like I have in Lorell Hall. Is it proper to exchange ideas and form an action plan for our mutual interests?" she asked

After a pause, she'd glance at Jentara and added, "or would I be corrupting the system by essentially lobbying in private?"

Jentara nodded. "I do... Their former owner gave me a datadisc with the craft's information on it. I'd be glad to let you look at it." The smile crossed her face - Subach would evidently be getting business from the Republic. Then came the Hapan senator...

"This is assuming I have ties to the company in question, which I do not." Mostly true. "But if we're discussing a mutual shifting of defense resources, count me in."

@[member="Alarah Kel"] @[member="Yusan Fenn"]

"I would be glad to go over this, and as for corruption do not worry about such. I can assure you that i only do what is best for the Republic and would never allow such a thing to occur. Now, as for getting my voice in the senate, while i have one i am not the most influential member. I can get you in a meeting with the Chancellor though, both of you actually as that Fighter interest me greatly. We should all go over what is to be presented through so that things are not rushed or are brought to him in a mess. I want to see the Republic and its people safe, and if both of you can help do so i would be glad to bring both of you to the Chancellor's attention."

@[member="Jentara Vel"] @[member="Alarah Kel"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom