Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking the Unions (ACA Invasion of Rebel Geonosis OOC)

TYmyHvA.png

is it something like that?

Large and small circles are long and normal range rings respectively. (The separation between groups of ships is obviously exaggerated relative to the size of space.

[member="Wan Min Brightsky"]

[member="Krasnaya Xue"]

[member="Ayden Cater"]

Large ships only shown. Key should be self explanatory.

Preliat Mantis said:
so uh

someone give me a rundown of what's hip-happening at the foundry

cause I'm kinda confused
First two companies of ACA infantry engaging defensive lines. Mayhem, Hion, Besh Prime, Prime with them. Triam engaging from a distance.

Plenty of people to pick for a fight. Tag someone and crack on :)

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Preliat Mantis"]

Well I'm disputing Besh Prime's post on a couple of different reasons. He's saying that he's overloaded their power cores and unless those droids run on tiny nuclear reactors overloading and exploding a battery isn't going to yield much of an explosion. There's no explosive materials so the most you are going to get is a few sparks a loud bang but no big awe inspiring explosion, but the thermal detonators he is activating will. But as for everything else happening.

[member="Raziel"] is targeting my artillery with drones and moving up some armor
[member="TD-18"] has halted in a canyon to the way off right by artillery fire
[member="Prime"] is attacking the front lines with his infantry

As soon as the Besh prime situation his handheld I will keep posting defenses

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"] Actually if I'm not mistaken, during the clone wars, many damaged droids were sent into to suicide explode infantry. So it isn't as small as you're making it seem, though I'll be honest in saying I haven't really read Besh's post in depth to see the level of damage he's trying to make.

Miss Blonde

[member="Triam Akovin"]

What are their power sources? If they run on tibana gas or something like that then I can definitely see explosions going off. Though whenever I watched the clone wars pretty much every droid I saw was just shot fell over and died. Though I won't lie I didn't read any of the clone commando books or books in the clone wars settings

Miss Blonde

If you are dueling someone then go ahead but if you are directly involves in the front line combat i'd say give it a minute until the report is concluded

Miss Blonde

[member="Besh Prime"]

That link doesn't work for me. I think it's my phone. But I can take your word for it, I remember the clone wars cartoon 2D they blew up but it was only the size of their body

[member="Werdla Dardalab"]

A droid whose power cell is being intentionally overloaded would act in a similar if not more violent way.

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"]

If the explosions were drawn as bigger then the character doing the take down of all those droids would have been fried.

Also, that was from a time in SW history that was 600 years prior. Power storage devices have a tendency to get more volatile as science improves with time as people try to pack more energy into less space.

Oh, I wasn't aware droids gave off electromagnetic radiation since that would actually be terrible for all the ones not specifically designed to handle it. Sorry. I'm sure it's in the sub for the droids you're using, I'll take your word for it.

[member="Besh Prime"] [member="Patricia Susan Garter"]

Now I'm not like, gonna try and throw the book at you to try and win, because honestly the invasion doesn't affect me icly or oocly- buuuuuuuuuut in all fairnessicity- doesn't look like the droids could KABOOM from the sub dudeski

[member="Besh Prime"]

Going by that logic, when a starship engine overloads everyone should be ok. In none of the subs does it say it explodes violently if overloaded.

Not trying to be a prick, just trying to show where that line of logic goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom