Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Bounty Category System

So how many times have we seen this?

BOUNTY FOR JOE SCHMOE
PRICE: 10,00000,0000,0000000,000000,00000,000 SHINY GALACTIC CREDITS

This is a pretty exhausting controversy that comes up pretty often on Chaos. So I'd like to suggest something a little more standard for posted bounties?

Bounty Tiers/Categories: A listing of general tiers that have to deal with the danger and reward factor of a bounty.

Tier One Bounties - Easily captured bounties that the simplest of hunter could retrieve with little problems, usually non-violent offenders. Examples: Bail jumpers, common thieves, planetary level criminals with little true chance of dodging a decent bounty hunter. Reward: Very small credit bounty.

Tier Two Bounties - More tricky bounties that require a bit more expertise to retrieve, mostly non-violent offenders. Examples: Shape shifters, small time bandits & smugglers, etc. Reward: Small credit bounty.

Tier Three Bounties - These bounties present some danger and the target is usually known to be armed or particularly tricky. Often violent and difficult to apprehend. Examples: Military defectors/traitors, bandits, pirates, codebreakers, planetary level killers/murderers. Reward: Moderate credit bounty.

Tier Four Bounties - Very dangerous bounties that will be hard to take in alive. Very violent individuals and teams are recommended to apprehend the bounty alive or dead. Examples: Terrorists, veteran soldiers, other bounty hunters/mercenaries, Knight-level force users. Reward: Large credit bounty, Factory/Codex reward.

Tier Five Bounties - Extremely hostile enemies proficient in combat and often under some kind of guard or well defended. Examples: Jedi/Sith Masters belonging to an order or organization, crime lords, High ranking military targets, Reward: Very generous credit bounty, Semi-Unique Factory/Codex reward.

Tier Six Bounties - The hardest of bounties. National leaders, Sith Emperors, Supreme Commanders, etc. Faction-leader/Commander level characters who are of the utmost importance to some movement/organization. Use sparingly. Bounty: Massive credit bounty, Unique Factory/Codex reward, bragging rights.

This is by no means an iron system. Just a suggestion of what is kind of going through my mind for a newer, more generalized bounty system.

Code:
[B][COLOR=rgb(147, 101, 184)]IN CHARACTER INFORMATION[/COLOR][/B]
[LIST]
[*][B]Name of Bounty: [/B](Who is being hunted?)
[*][B]Name of Contractor: [/B](What character or organization is placing the bounty IC?)
[*][B]Exclusivity:[/B] (Is this for a specific faction, company, or organization? If so, label that here. If not, fill 'N/A)
[*][B]Reward Tier:[/B] (Please choose the reward tier from: [COLOR=rgb(54, 245, 40)]Negligible[/COLOR], [COLOR=rgb(111, 245, 101)]Very Low[/COLOR], [COLOR=rgb(204, 255, 153)]Low[/COLOR], [COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 0)]Average[/COLOR], [COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]High[/COLOR], [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Very High[/COLOR], [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 255)]Extreme[/COLOR]. Tiers of [COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]High[/COLOR], [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Very High[/COLOR], and [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 255)]Extreme[/COLOR] are reserved for faction, company, and organization sponsored Bounties, and [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 255)]Extreme[/COLOR] Bounties can only be placed on a single character per faction, company, or organization until the Bounty is complete or voided. Currency amounts are optional)
[*][B]Condition: [/B](Dead or alive, trophy or proof required, must look like an accident, etc.)
[*][B]Additional Info:[/B] (Whatever might be relevant info to help the bounty hunters achieve their goal or additional details regarding rewards.)
[/LIST]

[B][COLOR=rgb(147, 101, 184)]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/COLOR][/B]
[LIST]
[*][B]Intent:[/B] (Example: I would like to write a story with Valiens Nantaris, about the consequences of his actions.)
[*][B]Compensation:[/B] (If a Reward Tier is [COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]High[/COLOR], or more, OOC exchange of Factory/Codex items or Art is suggested. If the writer posting the Bounty is not the one being hunted, a similar exchange might be advised for the writer that is being hunted. Otherwise, put N/a)
[*][B]Cause(s):[/B] (The threads where the inciting event occurred, or simply the reasons motivating this Bounty, if applicable. Otherwise, put N/a)
[/LIST]

IN CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Name of Bounty: (Who is being hunted?)
  • Name of Contractor: (What character or organization is placing the bounty IC?)
  • Exclusivity: (Is this for a specific faction, company, or organization? If so, label that here. If not, fill 'N/A)
  • Reward Tier: (Please choose the reward tier from: Negligible, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, Extreme. Tiers of High, Very High, and Extreme are reserved for faction, company, and organization sponsored Bounties, and Extreme Bounties can only be placed on a single character per faction, company, or organization until the Bounty is complete or voided. Currency amounts are optional)
  • Condition: (Dead or alive, trophy or proof required, must look like an accident, etc.)
  • Additional Info: (Whatever might be relevant info to help the bounty hunters achieve their goal or additional details regarding rewards.)

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: (Example: I would like to write a story with Valiens Nantaris Valiens Nantaris , about the consequences of his actions.)
  • Compensation: (If a Reward Tier is High, or more, OOC exchange of Factory/Codex items or Art is suggested. If the writer posting the Bounty is not the one being hunted, a similar exchange might be advised for the writer that is being hunted. Otherwise, put N/a)
  • Cause(s): (The threads where the inciting event occurred, or simply the reasons motivating this Bounty, if applicable. Otherwise, put N/a)

How does this look?

EDIT: I flip-flopped a semi-unique with a unique accidentally, it is fixed now in the BBCode too.
EDIT2: I also removed the Valiens Tag from the BBCode spoiler, whoops, lol
EDIT3: Typo, gah
EDIT4: Changed use of the word "Rating" and replaced it with Tier as appropriate.
EDIT5: Changed "Primary Source(s)" Into causes, to include both threads (where applicable) and reasons motivating the Bounty. Additionally, I removed the "Scale" field as it was pointed out to me it would likely be redundant with the name field simply describing the whos and whats targeted. Lastly, I added "or additional details regarding rewards" to the end of the "Additional Info" section.
EDIT6: Added "company" and "organization" to any mention of "faction" to keep in line with other standards on the site, such as the Factory and Codex
EDIT7: Finalized touches (making certain the template and examlple match), leaving the Head Admin to decide whether or not Extreme Bounties aught to be a Major Faction feature or not

Last edited:
Cassus Akovin Cassus Akovin

Tiers of High, Very High, and Extreme are reserved for faction sponsored Bounties...

My only comment is: why the artificial limitation here? We have people who have spent years establishing their companies, to include significant resources that are on par with minor factions. And, indeed, our current iteration of the Factory production chart makes no distinction between a company or a minor faction.

So why would a bounty sponsored by a company able to produce and field a star destroyer not be of equal value to that of a minor faction?

Sor-Jan Xantha Sor-Jan Xantha and I just finished my edit too... lol

While it would be easier to track Extreme Bounties by tying them to Major Factions, I am hesitant to lock that behind a Major faction feature, only because like you said, a Company that has been on the board for years would have a reasonable justification for having enough capital to make a Bounty Posting on par with a Major Faction/Government. I'm not sure they would risk their profit margins like that, but by all rights, I think that they could...

Not to mention that if I did that, then the Bounty Hunters Guild wouldn't be able to make Extreme Bounties >.>

I'll let this sit for a bit and think about it.

The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner

That's not a complete quotation of the rule.

5. Only a Major Faction has the resources necessary to role-play having a large fleet, army, etc.

So it anticipates application beyond just the fleet/army aspect. Only a Major can claim complete dominion over a planet (influence cloud), so I'd counter that minor factions can't legitimately claim even a single planetary economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom