Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blast from the Past - Republic Dominion of Ruusan

Somewhere in the Valley...

Stormtroopers. Lost Stormtroopers! Truly, it was a surprise. The same white suits of plastoid armour, which was just as useless now as it had been eight hundred years ago against primitives armed with rocks, bows and arrows. The same crappy E-11 blaster rifle that never seemed to hit anything. Oh, and there was the same stormtrooper precision. As they say, only Imperial stormtrooopers shoot so precisely.

A couple lost stormtroopers, one HRD, in other words a super-strong death machine. Said droid also happened to have a bolter and a chainsword. Do the maths. Her absurdly brutal Sith sword scythed through ranks of soldiers, severing limbs, chopping off heads or plain and simply cleaving them in half, for their armour offered little protection against her dispassionately brutal onslaught. But it seemed that the Valley had also attracted darkside cultists, for its power was said to be great. Maybe they were lost and from another age of well, maybe they were of this world, it did not matter.

Her process of elimination continued unabated. One blasted her with a torrent of force lightning, whilst another tried to overwhelmn her mind with a mental onslaught to bring to live her worst fears and leave her a gibbering idiot. The latter discovered that this was an ineffective strategy because firstly she was a droid and secondly the Force decided it would be fun to have the attack backfire on him, meaning that he ended up mind raping himself.

The lightning, however, was more damaging. Having been distracted, Callisto was hit with a full-on blast and dropped to her knees as the power surged through her, overloading systems, burning circuitry and threatening to deactivate her. However, she forced herself up and blew the cultist's head off with an APE round leaping from her bolt pistol. The last cultist came charging and his slash almost cut her down, but she was able to grab his arm and, as she wrenched it so hard that bones snapped, tear it off. As his crimson lightsabre clattered to the ground, she shot him in the chest at point-blank range.

The manoeuvre and the surprise almost helped Corvus’ focus. Without the Force to rely on, she was becoming more and more attuned to fighting without it. She did a backward somersault as blaster fire pinged over her head. She knew this mission would be a challenge. She could not assume the remnants of the fleeing army would be easy to defeat. Corvus knew she had to remain confident, but also be prepared.

The blaster fire was close, closer than she wanted. She felt the heat on the sleeve of her robes and the smell of singed material. The assassin droid suddenly flipped sideways and aimed from the chest. She’d been distracted.

Employing the Förräderi move, she closed the gap to negate the blaster and struck one hard blow to the left flank of the droid. Feeling the power of the move reverberate all the way to her shoulder, she followed up with a blow to the right that followed a fraction of an instant later, so close that an observer would not be able to tell which blow came first. They would only see the droid wobble, its internal balance mechanism destroyed.

Corvus kicked it behind its ‘knees’ and the droid crashed to the floor and she stomped on its neck and stared down at what was now a useless heap of metal. Checking her arm, she applied a bacta patch, bandaged it and moved on…

The situation was not good, without the Force on her side, the Padawan did not want to risk trying to telepathically contacting the pilots and order them to raise the shields. That would have solved everything, but alas, she had to admit that without the ship being shielded, the Imperial had a point. The four could easily overpower the three Imps, but with so many more waiting outside, the risk was too high. How to get out of this? Surrender was out of option; the enemies would have used the hostages against the Republic. The Arkanian could not allow that to happen, so her mind quickly started to go over various scenarios that presented a chance of getting out of this victorious. It most likely had to end violently, much to Elizie’s regret, but she’d do her best to end this situation without getting anyone killed. Looking around, she gazed into everyone’s face for a second, shaking her head in dismissal when she noted her fellow Padawan’s hand on his saber.

“Officer,” the white-haired Padawan turned towards the older man in black uniform, “Your superiors are lying to you. The war is over. You’re fighting a lost fight. Within a moment, you will be surrounded by Republic forces. You can fight and die on this planet, or you can order your men to simply leave. Return to your families. I am sure they’ll be happy if you return alive and well after so many years and not as a body in a bag. Just drop your weapons and leave the planet before the fleet arrives.”

Smirking, the lieutenant drew his blaster pistol, raising it to aim at the Padawan. The girl did not wait; she grabbed the hand holding the weapon, her other hand forcefully taking the man’s shoulder and spinning him around, getting his right arm into a painful lock, which made him drop the weapon. “Tell them to surrender!” Elizie ordered firmly, “Give them the order to drop their weapons!”

A pained moan escaped the man’s face as he nodded at the two stormtroopers. “Do as the Jedi says, boys!” The two hesitantly tossed their blaster rifles aside.

“Now,” Elizie stated, her voice much calmer now, adrenaline still pumping in her veins, “We will go out. Tell your men to drop their weapons and get out of this planet. You will stay with us, though; a prisoner of war. After the Republic reinforcements arrive, I will let you go as well. And remember; while one of your snipers can score a lucky shot on me, there are still three others in the ship.” The fear radiating off the man made her sick, but it was better than solving this even more violently. “Do your men like you, officer?” she asked, just to be sure.

“I dare to say so, yes,” he claimed, “They are the most disciplined military force in the galaxy. They will do as I say.” The man reassured the Padawan as she slowly led him in front of her, down the ramp. Even from there, she could see the welcoming party that awaited them, various weapons ranging from heavy repeaters to rocket launchers aimed towards the entrance to the shuttle. They were all nervous, not knowing what to do until Elizie's prisoner raised his hand.

“At ease, men,” he called out, “At ease! There is no point in fighting… We are all too tired, old to be fighting the Jedi and their servants. Perhaps it is time for us to leave, do it with dignity while we still can. I want to ask every one of you, not as your commanding officer, but as a man who had witnessed the glory of this unit, to drop your weapons, helmets, and walk until you meet one of them Republic groups to surrender to.”

Elizie had a bad feeling about this. The stormtroopers were like a pack of wolves; they felt like they could destroy and defeat anyone together. As the first one listened to the order, dropping her weapon and removing her helmet, revealing a face of a woman that was long since pretty, the others followed. Soon, the entire group marched off. The Arkanian sighed in relief. This went far better than expected!

[member="Caleb Brolen"]

I took my hand off my lightsaber as the stormtroopers fled. I continued breathing very heavily even though we could probably take them out. I was just glad that [member="Elizie Adasca"] was here or that might have gotten bloody. I turned my head to the fellow padawan and said "That was a close
one...and..also to easy". I didn't want to jinx us but that was way to easy and it kinda scared me. The Sith weren't ones to give up but I guess you could say that they weren't Sith. They were imperial.

I moved closer to the door and said "What do we do now..and more importantly what do we do about him" I pointed at the officer that Elizie was still holding on to.

Axo throttled back as his star fighter dropped out of hyperspace. It's true, Imperials, he thought as he aimed his ship at the engagement happening over the planet. His E-25 wasn't the most advanced ship the Republic could field, but with him at the controls, he had on doubt that he was going to win the day, especially when he saw the T.I.E fighter. He couldn't believe his eyes. That was an antique compared to the ship he was in. It didn't take him long to get into engagement range. His target lock blinked green and he let loose the a torpedo, not even looking to see if it hit, he turned his attention to another fighter that had entered his field of vision.

the entire engagement was surreal, this should be impossible, there hadn't been an Imperial fleet like this in a long time. Another torpedo gone and he was turning again, heading for a run at the star destroyer. It was a training run, one where he intended to pass with flying colors.

[member="Elpsis Kallikora"]
Eyes narrowed.

"Listen here, girl, you're old enough to be my daughter. If you're thinking that you need your head examined. Anyway, if you're coming, get moving. We've got a lot of ground to cover."
Women. Can't live with them, can't live without them.

"I'm not a Council Jedi. I...left them behind. I play my own game now."

We headed down into the valley further. There were scattered garrisons about. "So what about you? What brings you here?"

Corvus turned a corner and almost fell over a pile of metal on the floor that turned out to be an abandoned swoop. Giving it the once over, she swung her leg over the saddle and fired up the engines. She thanked her lucky stars as progress was much quicker this way and she was a harder target to hit if any snipers were left here.

As she travelled she saw what appeared a mere discoloration on the rock, but stopped to take a better look. Further study told her it it was the mark of a high-speed engine, and it was still slightly warm to the touch.

The pattern from the exhaust suggested whatever it was, it was heading in the same direction she was. A moment later she was off in pursuit but nearly went flying over the handlebars when a young girl stepped out in front of her. She’d clearly been crying.

“Have you seen my daddy?” Her voice was weak and from her appearance she’d been out her for a day or so.

Corvus shook her head. “No, but if you tell me what you remember, then I’ll see what I can do, eh?” Corvus smiled and placed the child behind her on the swoop.

“Some men came on a big speeder and took him.” She pointed her hand forward, so it touched Corvus’ ear on the way past. “They went that way and only left about twenty minutes ago.”

Corvus put her hand over the child’s and gave it a squeeze. “Don’t wory, I’ll get him back. Now what does your daddy do?”

“He’s a scientist.” The girl sounded genuinely proud of the fact. “He designs space-ships.”

Corvus looked ahead and what was a speck in then distance was growing rapidly as whatever was previously heading away from them, was now coming towards them. “I think we may have found him already, hold on!”

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Ok, scruffy guy is sort of fun! Shame he's...old enough to be my dad. Anyway, we head down the valley on our merry way. Couple scattered garrisons, more piles of rocks, stench of death everywhere. Why the Jedi are so anal about the place is something I'll never get. Call me superstitious, but wanting to set up a Temple on the site of an ancient battlefield where some Sith voodoo wiped out your whole army seems like a seriously bad idea to me. Then again, it ain't my problem.

Scruffy guy asks what brings me here, I shrug. Not like I have anything to lose by speaking out. "Spur of the moment decision. Just woke up after getting out of hell. Heard about all the weirdness going on and thought there may be some answers. Guess I was wrong. Ah, well, blowing up lost stormies is good as well," blaster pistol is still in hand as I'm watchful for ambushes. "You got teleported?" I ask as I scan the area ahead for hostiles.

Normally, Kian would rely on his telepathic abilities coupled with the force and give the animal the desire to leave him be.....but the force wasn't really work the way it should. Stepping back further into the room, Kian heard a slight rustle to his side. Abandoning all pretense of safety, Kian leapt to the side, coming up in a roll and just narrowly missed the second of the creatures as it leapt down toward him.

Kian could get a good look at the creature now, but he had no idea what they were. They were almost pitch black, small canines.....but there was something dark and sinister about the red glow of their eyes. Kian could only assume the creatures had come to Ruusan from the 'netherworld' for in his time on the planet, he had never seen them before.

Igniting his yellow blade, Kian held the lightsaber out in front of him defensively. When the next creature leapt at him, Kian sidestepped and slashed with the weapon. As it passed through the side of the creature, Kian was amazed to find his blade stutter and then shut down. Thumbing the activation switch again, he found that his lightsaber had shorted out and would not ignite.

This realization struck just as the second animal leapt for his throat.

The entrance to the Valley of the Jedi was within sight. A handful of men patrolled it and for the first time in this daydream Kana hung back. She got a set of binoculars out and scanned the horizon and immediate area for patrols. There were way too many of them. This was no longer something Kana could manage on her own. Not without the force and frankly considering who is in this thread she very much didn’t dare to use it.

Hand reached up for her comlink. “This is Master Truden. The Valley is, as evident, overrun by troopers. I can’t get there on my own. I need backup, over.”

“We can send in a small team to meet up with you. Send us your co-ordinates and we’re good to go. Over.” The comlink chimed up on the other side.

“Got it.” She withdrew her pad and sent her location to HQ.

Soon she would be able to help clear the area. Soon she could die happy knowing she had fulfilled this daydream.

[member="Elpsis Kallikora"]
"Nah, I was left behind or below, or whatever. I came here to make sure the Valley was safe. I'm not a Jedi, but I don't want the Sith getting into this place regardless. That'd be bad."
Though, with the One Sith running wild lately, how much worse could it get?

She seemed decent enough, so I let her come with me as we headed down the slope. There, plain as day, was the entrance to the valley. I pulled out my macros and scanned them.
"They're real enough, but have you seen anything about how they got here?"

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

"Yes, Sith are bad." Came out darker and harsher than intended. But no point to talk about any further. I'm not a wet hen who spills out her guts to the first stranger she sees. Anyhow, we head down the slope and before us we find the entrance to the fabled Valley everyone gets so dramatic about. Word is, it's a fountain of unspeakable power forcers across the ages have wanted to drink from.

Power! Unlimited power! Blahblahblah. Like I said, things would be simpler without this Force mumbo-jumo. Still use it sometimes. Hypocritical, I know. Scruffy guy asks me about lost stormies. "Caught a glimpse of a Star Destroyer when I arrived. Looked like it had been taken from a museum and as if it was held together only by spit and bubblegum. Rusty TIEs took some shots at me. Who knows, maybe if folks are being sucked into hell dead people are getting out." You might have guessed it, I'm terribly eager to go on big quests to find out the truth. Nah, not really.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
as she closed in on the second force, Sanya could see the impact of what the artillery had done. she seemed impressed that they where able to fire this far, they where 32 miles away after all. from where she was Sanya could see the two AT-AT's knowing they won't be a problem, she had to give them credit it was a very convincing bluff.

even with the information she had been given it didn't stop her feeling uneasy. as the arachnid closed in a shot hit the cockpit of her walker followed by the sound, quickly looking on her map she knew exactly where the sniper was. "fire a warning shot I don't want them dead if there is the chance of a more peaceful solution." the cannon spun to aim just below the ridge line they where on. "FIRE!" the shot left the barrel of the Mass-driver cannon creating a racket through out the vehicle. as the projectile flew through the sky it left a green trail almost like watching bits of rock entering the atmosphere. the shot landed on target leaving a large explosion throwing up chunks of dirt and rock up into the air, if he didn't get the hint that 6 walkers ment business he dose now.

she opened a channel to the force ahead, it took several attempts before someone picked up. "advance any further and our AT-AT's will open fire" Sanya had a smirk on her face "I'm sorry but if they could shoot wouldn't you have used them by now. so I suggest you stand down or we will have to open fire." the man grunted "wha... how the." Sanya cut him off before he had chance to finish "I got to admit your bluff was very convincing but even if they where operational your still out gunned. now will you stand down or dose this have to get messy?"

Sanya herd a loud bang from the other side of the com like he had punched something before telling his men to stand down. the arachnids remain on course to the near by force.

as they approached three men where waiting two of them where armed with repeater carbines, as for the commander he only had a blaster that was on his side. once again Sanya made her way to the back of the walker. fifteen of the assault droids where waiting outside Incase something happened.

the man had his hand over the blaster as Sanya approached "there will be no need for that." she couldn't make out his expression as he remained to keep his helmet on. "I'll be the judge of that, Jedi."
"you will be the judge of nothing, even 'if' you manage to Draw that weapon my droids will not hesitate shooting you. as there are to many of you to arrest I will be confiscating all weapons and the walkers." the man growled at Sanya "and what makes you think we will let you?"
"what makes you think you have a choice?" Sanya observed them man noticing that there was something off about his appearance and his voice. this man was not the commander, Sanya smirked "so when do I get to speak to your commanding officer?"

a person appeared from behind a rock clamping his hand's "well done, well done indeed, I got to admit I thoughts it would have taken you longer or things to have gotten alittle bit messy. I hope you understand for the decoy but you are the enemy after all. actually I find it most admirable risking your own life."

Sanya signaled her droids to stand down as night approached the air seemed to have gotten colder and visibility was soon dropping. "I risk my life because I believe that I can make a different, because violence never solves anything only making problems. anyway please follow me, we can talk in the back of the walker."

Sanya made her way to the back of the walker with the imperial commander closely behind "if it's not to much to ask can your men wait outside, I will have my Droids give them food and a drink." the man signaled men to wait outside the entrance to the walker. "please have a seat." Sanya sat down near the holo terminal across from the man he looked slightly troubled but to proud to speak about it. "if it's about the other team there still alive, in fact I'm going to make you the same offer."

"and that is?" Sanya poured the man a drink of water and handed it over to him. "you can keep half the weapons you have, not including the walkers, till I can get you all off this planet to go live your separate lives." the man simply nodded and took a sip of his water "or you can work for the republic under my command either way you all get a second chance."

he leaned back in the seat "they both seem like a reasonable offer. these men wouldn't last on there own all they know is how to fight and the majority still have a disliking for Jedi, but non the Less they will follow orders." Sanya smiled "I understand it would take time for them to trust me let alone the republic, but in time I will learn to trust every last one of you as they will with me."

"I am willing to vouch for my men in working with you, it's been a long time since we have had a purpose in this galaxy." the man stood up puts his hand out Sanya followed his lead in shaking his hand "I'm Sanya Val Lerium by the way." the man removed his hat "I'm commander Tarvace Carlton it's a pleasure, and just saying you have earned my respect just not my trust but as you said these things will change in time." Sanya simply nodded her head and smiled.

"Tarvace I will have two transport ship's pick up the AT-AT's along with the men here. the walkers will be taken back to my company as for your men they will be taken to ossus where they will all be registered as a republic citizen. you can either accompany me to the other group or wait here with your men." the man smiled "I think I will wait here and tell them what is going to happen." he bowed to Sanya and made his way for the door.

as for Sanya she made her way to the pilot seat of the arachnid. when the sound of the door closed she set the walker in the direction of the company. she handed the control back to the piloting droid and went back to the holo terminal.

opening the secure channel she got in contact with the other group "I have made contact with the other force and they are joining me with going to the republic. have you and your men came to a decision?" "yes we would also like to join the republic." the blue holographic image seemed to flutter alot, most like due to the signal on the planet karking sucks. "that is good news, we will be at your position in a few hours and I will pick you all up." the man spoke but there was to much static to fully make out what he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom