Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blast from the Past - Republic Dominion of Ruusan

Kian found the temperature to be quite comfortable within the stone structure of the Ruusan Jedi Enclave. Compared to the temples on Ossus and Tython, Ruusan's enclave was fairly typical for Jedi structures. But there was something that just felt different here then at Tython or Ossus. Something about the place felt different in the force to Kian. He wasn't sure if it was a signature of the battles here in ions past or the effects of the event on the planet itself.

Regardless, Kian had to push those thoughts aside. He had more important things to worry about. Walking through the Enclave felt strange.....there was no one. It was as if all the Jedi who had been here before had vanished. Ruusan was occupied by the Republic before the events that had transpired and to find the Jedi Enclave in such an abandoned state truly bothered Kian. It made him think to a time when the Jedi were scarce and hunted in the days of the Empire. Had this been what the Jedi Temple on Coruscant looked like after the fall of the Republic.

Was this what the Temple on Ossus would look like if the One Sith succeeded in their plan to wipe out the Jedi?

That thought brought a chill down Kian's spine. Or at least he thought it was the thought. In reality it was the eyes that were watching him that caused him to feel that chill....but with the force acting up, Kian didn't even notice it.

Orick's ship dropped from hyperspace and he had to do a double take. Those imperial ships made his own Aimless Ranger look brand new. The ships of the Republic fleet were moving against them in good order. It was the smallest fleet he had seen deployed by the Republic since he had... well he wasn't really sure what he had done... He didn't join them outright, nor was the offer extended in any way. He was contacted from time to time by one person or another for a supply run, but it was hardly a contract or commission. He shrugged, Whatever they want from me, it can't be any crazier than dealing with 'Crazy Kayleigh'. that lady was out of her mind. He thought. He respected her for what she was able to do, and he was more than aware that her troops were the most loyal of any admiral in the fleet. They would storm the gates of hell if she needed toget in there.

He noticed the deployment of the fleet and knew instantly who was running the show. " Admiral [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"], This is the Aimless Ranger, I happened to be in the area and was wondering if you needed a hand."

Ruusan. Hell-hole of a planet. I’d been here once before, years ago. Coming back didn’t fill me with much joy.

This recent business with everyone vanishing, it’s grim stuff. I didn’t vanish, but I’m left in this position where I got to make sense of everything. Someone mentioned Akala is involved. How I’d like to snap her scrawny neck…not really possible though, I guess.

Reports came in that the planet had some sort of weird Imperial presence. Imperials, fallen through time or returned to the shadows for 800 years? I don’t know.

As I took the ship down, aiming to land outside the Valley of the Jedi I assessed my options. The Force was acting up, I’d have to be careful and not rely on it. Fortunately I was good at not relying on it.

I took out my blaster pistol and primed it. Attracted less attention than a lightsabres. Three minutes to touch down. All bets were off. It was time to go back to the Valley.

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner
The Jedi Padawan's journey was taking him to the Valley of the Jedi. If Haytham was correct, many had died there in the multiple wars that had taken place there. Sith and Jedi alike. The then Army of Light had taken the fight to the Sith Order, and one hundred Jedi led by Lord Hoth sacrificed themselves before they had been extinguished from existence.

Along with the Dark Siders that had caused the devastating thought bomb.

Crossing his arms over his chest, the Jedi Padawan looked ahead of him to the Valley of the Jedi. He knew there were still pockets of the Dark Side on the planet. It was a taint that would probably not be cleansed for many years to come.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
as she reached the outside of the factory Sanya climbed into one of the walkers taking the pilots seat. she clicked away in the terminal commanding all the other arachnids to follow her. she set other commands to the Yoma's to keep the two imperial forces from reaching each other.

this would be the first time both the arachnid and Yoma's have been in a battle, and Sanya wanted to know how well they perform in real life combat. setting the walker in motion she set the course to the first set of imperials. on the way there was a small valley in the way, on of the many that lead up to the valley of Jedi. the valley it's self opposed no inconvenience as the walkers where able to descend and ascend vertical walls.

there was other's near by the force my not be working exactly right but it was better than no force at all, and that is one thing she hopes to never endure again. Sanya had heard of the rumors of a powerful being that cased this, it went by the name of Akala. either way if she did cause it she has an enemy if it was something else Sanya would be sure to find out. after all what's happened caused more damage in one day than the sith could do in a ten years.

she pushed those thoughts out of her head to keep focused on the task at hand. the walker reached the lip of the valley, "okay here we go." she pushed on the throttle and the walker started to move over the edge clinging to the wall. her heart was rapidly pumping as she felt an adrenaline rush. "that went so much better that what I expected. well atleast I know it works." she took in a deap breath and exhaled.

on the display of the terminal in front of her the first targets was just on the other side. no doubt the will refuse to surrender but it was worth a try, after all there criminals now and will be treated as such. the unit of arachnids had finally reached the bottom of the valley and now moving across. soon the imperials will be cut off and with the artillery keeping them close they will struggle for reinforcements.

The laser cannon volleys struck Sabena’s target. The One Sith starfighter was now on a sharp collision course toward the desert ground blow. After no more than three seconds, the One Sith pilot ejected from the starfighter. Sabena noticed the pilot to be dressed in a black suit - armor, she could swear - with a helmet that obscured her vision of the pilot’s face.

A parachute was activated on the One Sith pilot’s back. Sabena watched as the pilot slowly descended to the ground. The pilot’s ship soon crashed into the surface - exploding in a massive ball of flame. While it would have been easy for Sabena to kill the helplessly descending pilot, such a thing was neither the Jedi way nor allowed per the Republic’s rules of engagement.

Sabena made her way down to the ground and landed the J-1 - waiting for the One Sith pilot to land shortly after.

The Caledonia had been in the sector when reports came through that Admiral Stahlmann was beginning an investigation of a possible Imperial fleet?! What kind of nonsense would this be? Have our scouts gone mad? They haven't been seen in a very, very long time. Kayleigh shook her head. Recent events had her rethinking her understanding of the galaxy entirely. How is this possible? She picked up the comm on the bridge of the flagship and called for Stahlmann.

"Admiral? Excuse the bluntness of my question, but what the kriff is going on out there? I've got reports of Imperials. Do we need to get the eyes of our scouts and intelligence gatherers checked out? What's the status?"

[member="Friedrich Stahlmann"]

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

So...went to hell. Or at least I'm told it was hell. Sorry, got nothing certain on the fire and brimstone part. That Charon guy and the creepy river is legit though. Met that piece of trash who's my Daddy, kneecapped him. Beat him up a lot in general. Killed him. That felt good. Bastard deserved it. Wait, can you die in hell? I'll find out if he comes back. If he does, I'll just explosive rounds.

Guess what, he wasn't high and mighty anymore without magic powers. Reduced to the ninety-nine percent. So, so yeah, back now. Turns out, millions have been disappearing everywhere and the Galaxy's even nuttier than before. So where all to go than a lovely planet called Ruusan? Word is Jedi and Sith slaughtered each other here ages ago. Big surprise, is there any galactic disaster that's not tied those two? I swear, we'd all be better off if someone just tossed the whole lot of them into a black hole.

Oh, and there's rumours of Lost Imperials. Go figure. If you ask me, what's lost should stay lost. Force is being wonky, I don't mind. Lack of precog is a tad annoying, but I can deal. Mages are getting angsty of course without fancy powers. Terrible. So my ship touches down somewhere outside this grand Valley that has everyone's knickers in a twist. Got boomstick and blaster ready, couple grenades if needed. Might as well go check out what all the fething fuss is about. Feth it, I need a sodding smoke.

[member="Elpsis Kallikora"]
Ship touched down in the upper valley. Bland rocks everywhere. I had of the Valley which I’d taken years before on the first visit. It was pretty familiar, even now.

I came to a fallen pillar and took shelter behind it. I looked out and saw them. Stormtroopers, battered and dirty, but real enough. Crazy, I thought they’d all died centuries back.

There were three of them. Usually it’d be an easy task to get past or through them, but I didn’t trust the Force as it was now to keep me safe.

I rubbed my chin, thought, came up with an idea. My blaster pistol could be overcharged and fired, but that took time, and by then the other two would either be in cover, or after me. Time for a change of tactics.

Reaching into my pack and came out with my favourite silver ball of death…a thermal detonator. I didn’t have the Force to guide my throw, but I was a pretty good Huttball player in the old days.

Click. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I threw it, arcing in so it landed at their feet.

“Hey, what’s that?” one said. Idiot. He died, along with one of his slower mates.

The last one got up, antique blaster rifle ready, and it was then I nailed him, right through the helmet. BAM. Dead.

I waited to see if any more were coming, then stepped out.

Corvus left the caves and was greeted by the sight of one of the indigenous species here on the planet. Bouncers. In truth they were the native sentient species of Ruusan.

She stared up at the globe-like creatures, so named because of their method of locomotion: propelled by the wind, they bounced themselves off obstacles to reach great heights. Their bodies were covered in green fur, and numerous tentacles grew from their body, of which half ended in delta shaped appendages capable of digging and writing in the ground.

The historian in her reflected on some famous bouncers in history. Laa was one - who saved a young girl called Rain's life - not knowing he was instrumental in creating the Rule of Two that came so close to wiping out the Jedi. Floater was another - who served as a guide to show Kyle Katarn the Valley of the Jedi.

She knew they communicated through the use of the Force and wondered how they were managing - and if the recent disruption to the Force was affecting them the same way. But of course, she had no way of telling - so she simply watched them pass by serenely.

Rocks, rocks...and more rocks everywhere. Have I mentioned that this Valley of the Jedi is kind of dull? Like, seriously, this whole planet is fething boring. Oh, right, it's full of mystical power and stuff. Except, guess what, someone cut off the juice. But ah well, better Jedi and Sithies kill each other on a pisshole than some place where actual people live.

So anyway, then I come across stormies. I heard somewhere once upon a time they got their arses kicked by Ewoks. Still, there's more of them than me and I don't trust precog. Blaster bolts come shooting through the air and I hit the dirt, hiding behind a pillar. One stormie is so nice to move closer. Nice, stupid guy. Nail him, first in the kneecap, then right through his helmet.

BAAAM BAAAM I like kneecapping idiots. We shoot some more, BAAAM BAAAM BAAAM, think one gets wounded. Grenade gets tossed my way. Flashbang, somehow I just know and duck, closing eyes. It burns, least I don't get blinded. Stormies begin charging, I give one two blaster bolts to the chest for his troubles.

Then there's this walking stereotype, who suddenly shows up behind him. Like, seriously, black robes, red lightsabre, veiny skin, goatee. Can't Sith be any less like walking cliches? Idiot charges himself up with 'awesome power' then suddenly smashes himself with telekinesis and goes flying. That's fun! He crashes into a couple boulders. I guess that's a couple broken bones! I, you probably guessed it, kneecap him, when he tries to get up. He gets his toy glowstick kicked away and I kick him in the solar plexus. He squeals a lot. Always fun how most space wizards act when they don't have fancy magic and glowsticks to play with.

Speaking of glowsticks, so phallic. Feels like certain people are just compensating. Anyway, he mewls, swings a clumsy punch at me, I cut his throat with my vibrodagger. Blood splatters the blade. Sweet dreams in hell, Sithy, you bleed just like we all do. I take the glowstick. No use to me, but I can always sell it.

Sanya Val Lerium

as the set of walkers made there way up the other side of the valley, Sanya brought her walker to a halt clinging onto the side of the wall. she started typing away on the terminal again setting new orders for the droids to follow out. the commands sent to the droids where to surround the force right above them holding all fire unless fired upon.

as for the artillery they where to start bombarding around the other force a few clicks out to keep them where they are. after all we didn't want reinforcement.

Sanya pushed on the throttle setting the walker in motion, when the walker got to the top of the wall it climbed over the edge bringing the imperials in sight. at an instant the force broke out into a run but the walkers where faster. with in moments we had them surrounded.

I crouched. Gunfire. Sound of a lightsabre abruptly cut off. Someone else is hunting here.

Quick look around. High ground above, so I crawled up to look down on the scene. I see the battle after it’s ended.

A girl, seventeen, eighteen? Red hair, armed with a blaster. She put down the stormtroopers pretty easily, but what next? I had my blaster out. Unobserved I could have taken her out…but no. That’s now how I work. Besides, she’s fighting the Imperials, she might even be on my side. Or at least, not my enemy.

So down I went, down to the pillar I’d hidden behind. My priority was not to get shot as soon as I stepped out.
“Hello there!” I called from in cover. “Hunting stormtroopers isn’t the sort of thing I’d ever think I’d do. The name’s Nantaris, can we talk without shooting each other?”

No blaster bolts yet. That was a good sign.

Gun fire has fallen silent, I take an antique blaster rifle from a dead stormie. It's an E-11. Fething old...and even crappy when it was introduced! Then again, it could be worse. Least it's not a Hekler'Kok slugthrower. I hear noise, quick look around and I see some scruffy guy duck behind a pillar.

My gun's out right away, but he's already down. Doesn't look Jedi or Imperial. Very scruffy, more like a spacer or a vagabond. Neither got much reason to go to Ruusan. Force is sodding wonky, so I can't use space magic to sense whether he's got it. The frag is already in my hand on instinct and I'm ready, then he calls out to me. His accent is...really weird. Ah, well, better than Selkath.

No blaster bolts, no explosions yet. Good sign I suppose. Can I take? Not sure. Scuffy Guy says he wants to chat. Think for a moment, then answer. "Name's Elpsis. You don't shoot at me, I don't shoot at you. You come out first if you wanna chat." Gun's ready, but I don't shoot, take a peek.

Vaguely encouraging. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. So I holstered my blaster and stepped out.
She didn’t shoot me. That’s a good start.

“So, what brings a pretty girl like you to a hell-hole like this?” I asked. Always worked to break the ice. Usually.
“Anyway, I’m checking out what 800 year old stormies are doing here. I’m guessing you’re not with them, so you want to come along?”
Couldn’t hurt to ask. Well, it might, but anyway, she was kinda cute in a pinched way.

"Save the 'pretty girl' lines'. You're not my type. Too old." For the record, I don't mind the slugthrower. That one's just old. Anyhow, I keep my eyes on him, but lower the gun, then put in the holster. "Go after more of those 800 year old, retro bucketheads? Works for me. They'd have done themselves a favour if they'd stayed lost."

Can't help wondering whether them suddenly showing up is connected to folks vanishing and waking up in the underworld. Been there, done that, got a spooky trip. Wait, does this mean the dead are following the living out of portals and coming back? Creepy. If this was a movie plot, I'd say unoriginal. Least they're not zombies. I hate zombies. And zombie movies. As I step out of cover, I give the guy a god look and notice the glowstick he's got on him.

Figures, since it's Ruusan. "You a Jedi? You don't look like one." And he doesn't seem useless like them.

She was Kyle Katarn still, and this was like a daydream come true. The canyon walls lead her down to the valley. Patrols aplenty, right? Certainly, but she had her blaster and just this once she was not going to lose it. Even if it was kinda rusty here and there. Such was the price of old artifacts like this and Kana was willing to pay that price in full.

Hunching down behind a crate she peeked over to look at a bunch of stormtroopers converse between each other.

“Hear anything from Sector C?”

“No, their comms went quiet a few minutes ago.”

“Ah, it’s probably nothing.”

Oh it certainly was. They had been blastered by Kana on the way here. Nothing personal, but they were a threat to the valley after all. In fact, so were these two as well. Slowly she rose and put the blaster on the metal crate in front of her for stability. The crosshairs fell upon one of them and she pulled the trigger.

One down, two down and she had repeated the tango, again.

Corvus still felt odd without the Force as an ever-present in her life. But that was no excuse not to help out, so she made her way along the valley and rounding a corner came face to face with three assassin droids. Practical and expendable, they are often left behind by a fleeing amy. They are simply programmed to fight to the death. Blasters are built into their chests and hands. Their accuracy is perfect. A miscalculation on Corvus’ part could be lethal.

She is outnumbered, but assassin droids can't move as quickly as she can with her Teräs Käsi training.. They cannot jump, and their flexibility isn't as finely tuned - although their weaponry does give them an edge - in addition to the fact they’re not built of skin and bone.

Their sensor lights flash and they immediately track her. Corvus ducks the first barrage, spinning in a blur of motion, her muscles effective and tuned. The assassin droids are clearly programmed to fight Jedi. They try a flanking manoeuvre, but Corvus leaps over them and come at them from behind. Using Leaping Vermook, she destroys the first droid with a well placed kick from behind, it’s head cleanly removed from its body. But as quickly as she lands, the second and third turn and fire.

The first misses by a millimetre, the second wings her left bicep. But she immediately twistis to deliver a cleaving blow to the second droid. It topples, its sensor lights still flashing and she stamps on its head and the lights wink out.

The third droid swivels. Instead of coming at Corvus directly, it wheels to the right. She feels a start of surprise. This is most unexpected.

Kian's investigation as turning out to be quite uneventful. While the Enclave was a beautiful building complex, it was a Jedi training facility. He had seen those before. However, he'd never seen one as empty as this. There was no one anywhere to be found and that was......creepy. Kian followed the corridor to its end and entered into the main chamber of the Enclave. It was similar to the central chamber of the Shadow Enclave, a large circular room covered in trees and flowered bushes. It was a beautiful place, but void of the inhabitants that typically took care of it, it had become overgrown and wild looking.

Then Kian heard it.

Nothing.

When he had entered the room there had been the sound of animals in the trees, birds chirping, small arboreal mammals yelling at each other as they rushed around the limbs of the trees. But that sound had suddenly stopped. It hadn't when Kian came in, so why had it stopped now. Turning back, Kian saw something move in the shadows. He began to slowly step backwards, and he unclipped his lighsaber from his belt but did not activate it. Glancing around the room, Kian realized that the door out was sealed.

He wouldn't be going anywhere.

Sanya Val Lerium

all the walkers stopped in motion aiming there guns towards the imperials. Sanya left the pilot seat making her way to the back of the vehicle. a small team of attack droids left the vehicle before Sanya as protection as she approached the force of what seemed like 30 men. "drop your weapons or face the consequences!" it was unclear of how many would have a concealed weapons, but a surrendered would be better than just aimlessly killing.

after the rustling of weapons been placed to the front near the droids, a imperial approached her with his hands in the air. his armor was different to the rest likely signifying he was the highest in command here. "what's the meaning of this?" the man asked in frustration. "well one you attacked my company, two this planet is under republic authority. so either way your all under arrested and well stormtroopers are still hated by the public, or if you give us Intel on your other group I will give you a second chance. obviously I will confiscate the weapons you have."

the look on his face was priceless on one hand him and his men would most likely spend the rest of there lifes in a cell, or sell out the others for a second chance. if anything sanya was suprised that they didnt make an attempt to fight back, then again alot of crazy stuff has happend lately. the man went back to the others to converse with the others.

Sanya took the opportunity to meditate as by the looks it was going to be a long debate. an hour had passed by the time all the shouting and argument had stopped, after all this decision effected all of them not just one person this was something that she understood and didn't press for an answer.

the man approached Sanya once more he seemed more calm but still uneasy of the situation. "have you came to a decision?" the man clenched his fist "yes" he cleared his throat and spat on the floor "we will give you the Intel on one condition" Sanya was not surprised that this would happen "and what are these 'conditions'?"
"we want half of those weapons, or a shuttle off of this planet" the terms seem reasonable "yes half will be fine that's if I can't sort out some form of transportation off this planet." he seemed relieved of the answer she gave the man "thank you." he nodded his head "the two walkers are for show the weapons systems don't work, and there are around 40 to 50 men or atleast was thats all I know that will be of use to you."

Sanya knew that there was more information than just that, but that small bit of information was worth while. "thank you" Sanya pulled out her data pad setting up a new secure channel "I will contact you on this channle about a way off this plannet. you know if you wanted we still can use soldiers, and I personally will take you under my command. these men will still remain yours obviously but mission's will be set out by me. just laying out some options for you. "

she believe in second chances and they didn't come around often, Sanya still remembered the day she had her second chance the day she got brought into the Jedi order and it's something she's never looked back on. "I'll keep that in mind" he looked puzzled at the offer "if you hold out here till your other group is taken care of I will meet you back here." she didn't wait for an answer but turned around making her way back to the arachnid she was piloting before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom