Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Sun Q&A, Common Misconceptions

A lot of the time a faction buddy or I will be talking to someone and out of the blue they'll say something along the lines of 'you're all criminals anyways.' or 'I'd never have anything to do with yall IC, everything you stand for is repugnant and canonically the galaxy hates you.' And that really hurts our feeling (we only have the one), so I've decided to put together this quick guide to set the facts down.

Q. Wait, you're saying you aren't all criminals?
A. Is Amsterdam a criminal organization? Pot is illegal in America yet they're famous for it. Different set of laws, different legality.

Q. Different drugs entirely, how does that matter at all? You're still pushers.
A. Actually not really, not anymore than the CIS at any rate. We just regulate and tax the enterprises. We have organizations like the FDA inspecting the product and the facilities it's made in, same with every other 'criminal' enterprise.

Q. So not everyone can just set up shop?
A. Think of it like opening a distillery, you need permits, license, and so on. Proper schooling in the process wouldn't hurt either, we like the Walter Whites here, not so much the Tucos.

Q. Alright, but yall have slavery and that's pretty bad.
A. Actually we just freed a planet of them in a recent dominion. While it's true that historically we've allowed it, we've also been slowly shifting economy away from it for a long time. Just couldn't do it overnight when planets we control have been based on it for thousands of years without causing a great depression.

Q. But criminals and crime?
A. Get arrested and stopped. There's police, they get investigated for corruption and they'll still arrest you for murder, theft, rape, and all the usual standard misdeeds.

Q. Okay but yall didn't arrest X person and they're a wanted fugitive.
A. Did they commit a crime in our space? Because we aren't the Galaxy Police, if someone doesn't break our laws here why should we go out of our way to catch them for someone else's agenda?

Q. Okay okay, but are you good or evil, do you stand by the sith?
A. We usually stand by what's good for us in the long term. We had an alliance with the sith of old but they were also the first other major faction to offer one to us. And even if they do think we're all criminals they usually don't care. As for light/dark side, we don't care. When Domino was darkside she had an ex padawan as her apprentice that she encouraged to choose a side for herself. There are no restrictions on which side of the fence you want to be on, just don't start fighting each other.

Q. So what do you want as a faction?
A. Money, security, personal stories, to keep our citizenry happy, good allies and friends, and for peace on the home front. Pretty much in that order too.

Q. Why name yourselves the Black Sun at all then?
A. Long story short, we used to be the Hutt Cartel from back when the site was first starting out. After a foiled rebellion and a missing leader I was given control and we as a group decided to change the name since a Hutt hadn't been in control in a long time. So we really have no relation to the Black Sun of cannon and we've slowly evolved into Space Amsterdam from IC circumstance and character choices.

Q. Cool, can I ask my own question though?
A. Sure! This is here to explain things so feel free.

[member="Isley Verd"]
Could be, but as you know it's a lot of work to change the name for us and the admins and we've already done it once. We'd want the next one to be something we really liked.

We're all trying to earn a credit or two (or million), and we have our own ways of doing it. Just so happens the rest of the Galaxy is kinda 'uppity' about our ways.

Q. Wait, you're saying you aren't all criminals?
A. Is Amsterdam a criminal organization? Pot is illegal in America yet they're famous for it. Different set of laws, different legality.

Pot is legal in Colorado and Washington State.

<3

Morna Imura said:
Cali as well.
I meant fully, legal. Not decriminalized. :D But yeah West Coast states are a bit more lax.

I don't see an issue with associating with Black Sun on say November, but on Aaralyn probably not ;D

[member="Wendy La Fey"] @Xyra Rahn

Names of countries not your bowling team names.

Anyways if anyone is still interested in asking real questions about Black Sun. We're still open to answer them.

Waaaiiiittt... I see no logic in this faction, to be honest. You say you are morally good people, have laws, police, don't allow criminals... Yet you are the Black Sun Syndicate and don't want to change your name? As well as being known as the place of crime? Even your RPs show how criminal you are.

Now here comes my question: if you say you are a correctly organized faction, then why do you still associate yourselves with criminals of the Black Sun and why have you kept the attitude of it?

It's our history, we celebrate it instead of trying to hide it away. Besides, we know who our people are and their general demeanor so we just call our neighborhood watch associations and community groups by different names. And I never said we don't allow criminals, just that we have a looser definition of what's legal and that we don't bother tracking and chasing people down for crimes committed elsewhere.

As for our name, I already explained not changing it, and keeping the shady overtones helps keep us different from other factions like the CIS. Darkness without light is an abyss, light without the darkness is blinding; we're trying to find a comfortable middle-ground for those not wholly jedi or sith in thinking.
[member="Maria Natalja"]

I'll just leave this here <3

69a50c7700a593db2c4e2a8eff4306bf.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom