Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best character arc you got to witness/write/be a part of?

I rarely see any roleplay discussion here, so I wanted to make one.

I think, in the opinion of this knucklehead, the Mandalorian Civil War was a fantastic storyline that I'm very glad I was able to be a part of. It was the culmination of actual years worth of writing, and actually shook things up across the board, and still has far-reaching consequences for the galaxy IC wise.

That being said, what are some of your favorite storylines you got to write, be a part of, or we're able to witness? Another favorite of mine (although it broke my heart) was the downfall of the Republic, the destruction of Mandalore, the Akala storylines, the resurgence of the Sith, all really, really good storylines, private threads, dialogue, all contributing to some of the best storytelling and writing I've been able to read in a long, long time.

I think that's what I enjoy more than the map game, I really enjoy a good story, a good character-driven piece that isn't afraid to make lasting changes.

So what are some of yours, dear friend?

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Maybe a bit self centered, but the original purge of the First Sith Empire when Moridin became Emperor.

The Storyline of what happened was great, the actual RP had tension and it got quite a few posts for back then.

It was a lot of fun and eventually sparked a lot of other great events; Mando Sith War, Ashin's Coup, etc.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
Ordo's possession by the Dark Lord of the One Sith. Probably one of my favorite storylines and definitely in my top three for favorite duels. Ever since I've had a hankering for a duel in the sky again.

Mando Civil War was fun too :) watching Ordo and [member="Preliat Mantis"] slug it out in the main thread and then carry that emotional fight into a private thread set in the aftermath of the main battle (because the fight just took that long) was heartbreaking.

Rebuilding Mandalore has been super fun too so thanks to those people, never would have been able to flood the codex without you all! ;)

Too many to count, but if I had to narrow it down.

Downfall of the Republic is always a must.

The second rise of the Sith, and the establishment of the current Sith Empire.

And bringing Ra Vizsla back to life, that was a really fun story to write out with Tef :D

Although Kaeshana was heavily charged with OOC salt at the time, especially by the ground pounders from ground sources, but Cathul's rise as a fleeter, which culminated in me causing [member="Cyrus Tregessar"] to finish Kaeshana with a firepower-killed fleet (then again I was taking heavy damage, too).

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
No faction did politics quite like the Galactic Republic. I enjoyed writing there more than anywhere else on Chaos to date. It was the only faction that has really ever clicked with me.

[member="Zeradias Mant"]

Who did you do political RP with with the Republic? I don't remember them doing much of that since 2015.

For me probably some of the peaks of the OS and GR way. Manaan and Telti remain two of my favourite threads. Writing on all sides through various characters when it felt like Galactic events were really moving.

The Netherworld event. We will never see one as grand and expansive as this again.

Low key public stories and bar threads with Kairon back in 2014. Seems to be less popular these days, bit always had a lot of silly fun.

The weekend treasure hunt in the companion galaxies that Ashin organised. Speed posting exploration with my gungan monster hunter.

Asmus and Kaile and out 1300 post thread that only spanned 4 days in character!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
A story of real people, of craftshops past, and of building a better, more chaotic future. Mine would have to be the story of this website and the people who's passion and patience reinvented the game. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom