Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Behind Enemy Lines (GR Dominion of Roche)

Rexus Drath

16/20

Local time: 1100

A cloud of small wookie children played on the beaches of Kashyyy, their fur matted with sand and seawater as they tossed a ball around. A look of joy in their eyes that only a child could have, wild abandon over the moment where nothing else in the galaxy mattered besides that ball, their friends, and the time they were spending together.

But reality had burst through the doors of play and a small shuttle entered the atmosphere. Slightly dinged up and on pieces of it on fire the ship dove down and crashed nose first into the water and sand of the jungle world.

As children normally did they gathered around the ship, some climbed atop it and looked down into it. Jumping up and down on the piece of space trash the wookie children backed away as the ramp opened up from the rear. With darkness only showing within the inards of the ship soon a single black robed figure slowly stepped down from ramp.

The children looked at it in awe as it hovered over them in height. Parents rushed from their treetop homes to see what was happening. The figure simply stood there motionless, unmoving, and deadly still as it surveyed the village.

"Yes, this will due quite nicely."
And from its side a hand produced a lightsaber which shot out a single red beam of light from its hilt​

Objective: Secure the Shipyard Interior Structures
{A} Central Administration Sector
{B} Security Control Sector
{C} Logistics Sector
Enemies: Pirate Scum
Allies: GR Forces, Jedi Order
[member=Vitor Imperieuse] | [member=Commander Lusk] | [member=Willam Forlon] | [member=Janira Fenni]
[member=Mason Deschart] | [member=Ella Nova] | [member=Lash] | [member=Stardust] | [member=Jaccer Ramirez] | [member=Minna] | [member=Kaidan Hawk]
NPC's: Geft, Tresler, Abram, Funke, Vitor, Aulx, Astor, Umlar, Wolcraft, Jauls, Bikton, Fenter
Previous Post:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/71269-behind-enemy-lines-gr-dominion-of-roche/?p=1061237

OOC Note: Dominion is doubling as Development Thread for CSAF Commando S/HAR/BO Armor

Ali shuffled the last of the civilians onto the emergency transport they'd found in one of the unaffected hangars. The outbreak of monstrous Infected had spread to various other parts of the station, and apparently a Sith Lord had engaged Ali's mother in one of the hangars. She hadn't been able to contact anyone from the Republic who knew her status, and was unable to get a fix on her location. Once the last of the Verpine had been loaded into the shuttle, Ali pushed 1st, 2nd and 3rd Squad in as well, taking with them the casualties sustained in the pirate ambushes. ::Fourth, on my, we've got someone to find.::

In the space outside the station, a squadron of X-Wings flying under the Republic colors tracked down the fleeing pirate transport and disabled its engines. The transport drifted in the blackness of space while Republic troops joined hatches with the vessel and boarded it in force. Nearly half of the pirates were killed; the rest detained and taken aboard the Republic frigate along with the stolen resources.

{C} Logistics Sector
[member=Vitor Imperieuse] | [member=Commander Lusk] | [member=Willam Forlon] | [member=Janira Fenni]
[member=Mason Deschart] | [member=Ella Nova] | [member=Lash] | [member=Stardust] | [member=Jaccer Ramirez] | [member=Minna] | [member=Kaidan Hawk]
NPC's: Geft, Tresler, Abram, Funke, Vitor, Aulx, Astor, Umlar, Wolcraft, Jauls, Bikton, Fenter
Previous Post:
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/71269-behind-enemy-lines-gr-dominion-of-roche/?p=1061237

OOC Note: Dominion is doubling as Development Thread for CSAF Commando S/HAR/BO Armor

Ali found her mother unconscious in the secondary hangar; one of the Republic soldiers that had been fighting there with Jaccer Ramirez had seen Myra bite the dust after fighting off a Sith Lord, though he hadn't been privy to her fate. "Commander, I swear, we didn't have time, I-I couldn't see a thing, there were a dozen explosions going on all at once and--" Ali cut the man off with a shake of her head. "You couldn't have known, and were trying to save your own ass and the asses of your comrades. I get it, soldier." Ali told him, taking a knee and resting her helmet on the deck. She cradled her mother's limp form in her arms, gently patting the older woman's pale cheek. "Buir...buir..." She muttered, slapping Myra a little more firmly. After a moment the woman groaned, and her eyes fluttered open. Ali smiled warmly, "It's good to see you." She whispered. Myra Hadrix reached up with slender fingers and lightly brushed Ali's cheek. Ali turned her face toward her mother, her chocolate locks tumbling around Myra's arm.
"Hey you..." Myra muttered, her eyes distant and pained. "You're hurt," Ali noted. "I'd wondered what the smell of ozone was for...I assumed it was from these...things." She looked around, taking in the sight of the mass grave around her for the second time. Myra shook her head. "Don't worry about...me, I'm fine." Ali frowned, "I highly doubt that. Come on, we're getting you out of here...before more of those...things, show up." Ali and the assisting Republic soldier helped heft Myra onto a stretcher that took her to the Gunship waiting at the center of the hangar. The soldier had said something about a Sith Lord that Ali wasn't exactly prepared to hear given the recent events at Contruum. The sooner they got her mother to safety and recovery the better, and that's all Ali cared about for the time being.

{C} Logistics Sector
Previous Post: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/71269-behind-enemy-lines-gr-dominion-of-roche/?p=1062289

"She going to be fine?" Geft asked as he walked up to Ali's side with his helmet tucked beneath his arm. She looked over at the tall, almond-skinned man and nodded. "Yeah, we'll be fine," she muttered, glancing back down at her mother. Myra Hadrix was laying on a medtable in the rear of the Gunship with a fluid IV drip and a vital monitor attached to her wrist. The woman was in pretty rough shape, though Ali was surprised she was alive. She'd feared her dead when told what had happened in the hangar. "For what it counts, we secured the phrik shipment from the transport. The Verpines were plenty grateful and want to talk to the government about a steady supply."
Ali narrowed her eyes. "Of phrik?" She asked. Geft nodded. "Exclusive trade, was the offer. I told them you'd get in touch with whatever ministers you needed to make it happen." Geft stuck a thumb back over his shoulder. "They gave the shipment to you. Personally."
Ali cocked her head and exclaimed, "What!? What the hell am I supposed to do with tons of phrik?!"
Geft shrugged. He wasn't being very useful. Ali fell silent and nodded. "My mother will have a use for it." Ali looked down to Myra, brushing locks of blood-red hair from her mother's eyes. Geft nodded. "Sounds good to me ma'am," he muttered, looking down at the burn holes in his body suit. "All our injuries this mission came from this piece of osik." He began removing the plates of his armor and inspecting the suit. Ali looked over and made a mental note; two others had been injured as well because of a failure in the suit's ability to turn blaster bolts. "I'll keep that in mind," she promised, turning her attention back on her mother.

Objective: Seek medical attention
Allies: Galactic Republic [member="Mantic Dorn"]

Enemies: Pirates
Post 4/20

Rafeesh was not exactly enjoying his time waiting to be seen. His wrist was giving him enough grief to be a genuine pain and potential concern. Though, his lack of medical knowledge meant that to him it could have been a minor twist or a full break and he would not know the difference. He was glad that he was still alive though. He appreciated Mantic saving him. It hadn't been necessary, at least from Rafeesh's point of view. So far he had failed to assist in anyway and had actually cost a fighter, time, and strength. If there were a worse combination in an ally then Rafeesh did not know.

He was going to thank his master for the compliment, it did mean something to Rafeesh. It meant that he was not a complete failure, that perhaps this was not all as bad as he made it out to be. He was mostly upset about the loss of the blade. If he had had a lightsaber it would have been attached to his waist instead of in the small cargo compartment. Of course he might have had a proper by now if he worked harder, he told himself. There really was nobody to blame but himself. And no one blamed him harder than himself. Far too self critical, but he didn't see that. He saw only lack of perfection. He saw his inability to reach his own overly high standards. He saw the Jedi he had once been and pushed himself to be that and was disappointed to see that he was not that man.

Objective: Flee
Allies: Galactic Republic-[member="Mantic Dorn"] [member="Rafeesh"]
Enemies: Pirates

As things started to come into play, and more allies and enemies showed up. The Jedi padawan moved on the offensive slashing and cutting through those before him, a big spring in his step as he hurried towards the control room. Aston used the force and he sped up towards an individual who was reaching for his blaster and the Jedi raised his foot planting a very firm kick at his chest sending him backwards landing rather roughly. Aston entered the control room and dispatched several that were in the control room. Aston got to the last one just in time as he tried to close the hangar days. The Jedi stopped him just in time. Aston glanced towards his Master through the control room windows and nodded his head with a small smirk.

Thus....came that feeling again. Aston felt a dark presence close by, not quite as dreadful as his experience on Balmorra, or perhaps it was worse. Thus he heard the message come across that they were going to begin evacuation procedures. Just as that was said, several bodies, bloodied,manged entered the room and at first Aston froze for a second and then his gripped his lightsaber with both hands and moved forward cutting through them as he opted to leave this room before he became overrun.

"Got to get out of here!" Aston muttered to himself as he tore down the hallway back towards the hangar, ignoring those creatures whatever they were thus utilizing an pirate starfighter,which he was able to figure out easily enough and thus fled the Station before it got blasted apart by the Republic.

"The force...." Aston said with a small chuckle shaking his head as that was a...very close call.

{C} Logistics Sector
Previous Post: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/71269-behind-enemy-lines-gr-dominion-of-roche/?p=1062289

When her mother finally woke, Ali was there waiting for her. They had been relocated to the fleet, and Myra had been transferred to the med bay on board the Bastion. "Hey again." She said, smiling. Myra smirked and began moving slowly, trying to lift her arms and push herself up. Ali quickly leaned over and placed her hands on her mother's shoulders, pressing her against the bed. "Don't, just rest. They say the pain and fatigue should wear off in the next few days. It's mainly your bones they're worried about; the energy exposure has been known to deteriorate bone structure."
Myra closed her eyes and relented. "Fine. I'll stay...for now. How'd the rest of the op go?" She asked, though Ali was more interested in information regarding the Sith Myra had fought. "Was the Sith OS?" Ali replied with her question. Her mother shrugged slowly. "I couldn't tell you. We didn't do...much talking." Ali bit her lip. "What do you remember about them? How did they fight?" She pressed. Myra closed her eyes and thought for a moment, shaking her head. "I don't know what to tell you, kiddo. I have no idea who it was, but the OS never operate alone it seems. They can't be from there." Ali smiled and kissed her mother's forehead. "Thanks buir. Now get some rest."

Objective: Assess
Alies: Pubs
Enemies: Dead

"Status report?"

"All shields stable and recharging. None dropped below fifty percent during the entirety of the battle."

Mason nodded. The Avenger was fully destroyed. The station was annihilated by their own bombardment and that of the Jedi Admiral's vessel. No zombies would be surviving all of that thanks to their efforts. No pirates either. Any of them still alive would be rounded up and dealt with accordingly, he hoped. Knowing the Republic types, they'd just be thrown in a brig, false reformed, and then freed down the road. They should be dead.

"Notify the other vessel that we are beginning our departure."

"Yes, sir."

"All ahead full."

6/10 for Ship Dev

The Revenant began to move away from the ruins of the station and the Avenger, steadily heading outward from the scene of battle. Cleaning up would be the responsibility of the Republic and its forces. He truthfully wanted nothing to do with it. Instead, he retired from the bridge and headed for his quarters within the ship. It would have been a good time for him to get some much needed rest, but there would be time for resting in the future.

After walking in and closing the door, he settled in at his main work station and called up external footage from one of the Lancer's. He wanted to watch the ships maneuvers and determine if there was any lack of precision anywhere in the process. Whether it be mechanical or man made, he was going to find it, dissect it, and solve it.

Then he'd send back modifications to the yard in the unknown regions that was currently manufacturing the ships they would need for their fleet. And he'd see the issues solved in newer models before taking the Revenant to be retrofitted. It was always a good practice to examine the battle immediately after so that it was fresh in your mind. The further out you went, the harder it became to remember everything that you ordered the crew to do.

It shouldn't take him long.

7/10 for Ship Dev

His commlink chimed.

"Deschart."

"Sir, incoming transmission from Project Dawnrunner location."

"Put it through to my screen."

"Yes, sir."

Mason leaned back and soon found himself looking at Captain Moreis Tomei. The man had been the captain of the ship that Mason had taken out into the unknowns in search of hidden help for what he'd inevitably seen as the coming fight with the Sith. Unfortunately he'd been too late in that regard, but it was better to be late than to never show up at all. The project would not go unused in the long term.

"Sir, the production is on schedule, but word has reached us that the Remnant has joined the Republic. Is that true?"

"No. We are the Remnant, Captain. The others are not true Imperials. They even have a Chiss at the helm of their navy."

Tomei winced.

"How is the Revenant holding up to field tests?"

"Extraordinarily well so far. I am reviewing technical files of this lately battle at the moment. I'll transmit them to you. Review them and provide me your analysis."

"Yes, sir. Give me a few minutes to watch and then I'll contact you again. Tomei out."

8/10 for Ship Dev

{C} Logistics Sector
Previous Post: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/71269-behind-enemy-lines-gr-dominion-of-roche/?p=1063687

Two weeks later, after Myra Hadrix had much recovered from her injuries at the hand of the nameless Sith Lord on Roche, Ali and her mother stood looking over a holodisplay of plans for personnel body armor the Supreme Commander was hoping to put into order for her troops. She stood with her one elbow resting atop a crossed arm, chewing on her nails. Myra stood opposite the display, leaning on a cane. Her mother looked older with the assistive device, Ali realised, though she remained beautiful. Myra Hadrix was nearing her sixties, but until now had remained youthful and spry. Now the woman was slow to turn and struggled with muscle weakness. Her hands shook, and Ali worried she might never fully recover.
"What do you think?" Her mother asked, drawing Ali from the solitude of her thoughts. She looked up, blinking and answered haltingly. "I...uh...it looks fine." Myra frowned. "You're distracted, quit fretting over me." Ali grimaced in return. "How can I not? You're my mother." The elder Hadrix snapped her cane against the underside of the holotable. "Focus, please. The armor; does it suit your purpose?"
Ali redirected her gaze away from her mother's face and toward the image hovering between them. The armor was modeled strongly after a style of the Old Republic that saw use during the Cold War with the Sith, though its weaknesses were addressed in several modernized ways.

"The plates are duranium, an alloy used in heavy starship armor. The plates can turn light cannon bolts and glancing lightsaber blows," Myra began describing the armor's various talents. "The phrik you supplied proved useful as well; I blended it with a fiber-carbon armorweave, giving it flexibility and durability. The phrik will defend against solid lightsaber blows as well, and will turn blaster bolts. It's defense against bladed weapons is just as strong." Ali pulled up the armor's statistical data. "How much will it cost to build, per suit?" She asked.
"Around nine grand." Ali considered the price tag for a moment. "That sounds cheap," she asked. Myra shrugged, "We get the duranium at a decent market price because it's widespread use, and the phrik we're getting for essentially free." Ali nodded. "Tell me more..."

Objective: Secure Financial Black-Backing
Enemies: Senate Intelligence Oversight Committee
Allies: GRIM
NPC's: None
Previous Post: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/71269-behind-enemy-lines-gr-dominion-of-roche/?p=1064846

Ali slipped the datachit into the terminal's receiver and waited for its access codes to be processed. After a moment, she was let in to GRIM's black op laundering accounts, financials that were piled under so many shell corporations and foreign holding companies they couldn't be uncovered in a hundred years of trying. The irony of Galactic Superpowers like the Republic was that even as they waged war against the One Sith, they held a monstrous amount of money in Sith-aligned corporate interests as a way to launder funds to support black operations like the ones Ali was used to embarking upon. The money she was stealing was there for her use, though she could never let the government find out what she was using it for. Officially, the account didn't exist. Technically, neither did Operation Black Ball; which is what Ali's Committee-approved funding had believed. Tricking Senators wasn't an easy job for a black operative, but it was a necessary one at times.
"Guess we'll find out if this stuff is worth it," Ali muttered to herself as she drew out large amounts of funds before closing the accounts entirely. The disappearance of the money would certainly not go unnoticed by the Senate Oversight Committee, but then again, none of them would want to make public having approved funds for black operations either; the nature of which was more often than not questionable at best. Once the various transfers programmed into the datachit were complete, Ali closed the general access account and pulled it from the terminal, stowing it in her pocket. She held the future of CSAF in her grasp, and with it, a portion of the Republic's future. She would not see her government fall, but it was fading and she had to help stop it.

The communications chimed again about a half hour later, which was almost exactly the same time that Mason finished watching the footage again. He wasn't satisfied, but Mason was rarely ever satisfied with anything. Things could always be better. Boundaries could always be pushed, and that meant, sometimes, that things you loved just weren't good enough. That included his current command ship. It wasn't good enough, even though he loved what it could do.

"Deschart."

"It's Tomei. We reviewed the footage."

"Thoughts?"

"There's a 10% decrease in power efficiency we noted when the ship is brought into a turn. We suspect there is a problem with capacitors between the core and the engines that can be rectified. I have a team already working on that.

Mason nodded in approval.

"Your right side gunners are a bit slow and inaccurate."

"I will replace them."

"Shields were optimized perfectly. We saw no issue there."

"So the issue is power and men. Good. We can work on that."

"Yes, sir."

"I'll be bringing the Revenant back now. Deschart out."

9/10 for Ship Dev

Objective: Head to the Unknown Regions
Allies: N/A
Enemies: N/A

Mason, now finished with his assessment, left his quarters and made his way back to the bridge. He'd thought about taking some time for a nap, but he could do that while they were in hyperspace since it would be a long journey back. They weren't going back to Carida. The notion of returning to an Empire that had subjugated itself to the Republic left a foul taste in his mouth and he wanted no part of it. No, he would figure out what to do once he got back to the shipyard.

On the bridge, the captain looked to him.

"We're almost to our exit point, sir."

"Good. Captain I want the starboard gunnery crews disciplined and reassigned. Have the reserves fill their roles."

"Yes, sir."

Mason settled into his chair. At least all of the guns worked and they'd found out now that there was a problem with the crew. All problems could be fixed in time, and this was a quick and easy fix. The shipyard crews would fix the capacitor problems when they returned.

"Hyperspace in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1."

The ship made the jump, leaving the Rebels and the so called Imperials behind. He couldn't have been more glad to get out of there.

10/10 for Ship Dev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom