Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Begun, The Silver Age Of Chaos Has

"Arise, arise, Riders of Chaos!
Fell deeds awake: salt and slaughter!
Invasions shall be shaken, rank titles shall be splintered,
a sword-day, a gray day, ere the silver moon rises!
Ride now,
ride now!
"
-Theoden, maybe

In typical dramatic Chaos fashion, we're back! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

Below are the notes I took during the upgrade of problems I ran into, and while none of them are game changing - a lot of them will be pertinent information for you.

1. First major problem is that while we retained all of our tags, the prefix system we used on the old platform didn't transfer over. Not a game changer, but a pretty strong annoyance for Staff. Either a lot of the old threads will retain no prefix, the original owners will edit their own threads (likely just recent ones), or Staff will manually update (easier on the new system as we can mass update per page, but still a chore).

2. Mentions from the old system are now represented in plain text on the website ([member="Tefka"]). There's also some broken coding from badly written mods we were using at Chaos around the site, mostly located in the Blogs (which are now Articles). An eyesore, but not a game ender.

3. No Faction system - yet. It's a high priority item to get this back up and running. Current Major Factions will remain in place until it's back up.

4. Mobile will be a little messy for now, it did not receive a priority in design.

5. We saved the blogs - but they came out pretty messy. It seems the mod that was hosting them before was very sloppy, but hey, the content's there. If you want them to be pretty , you're likely going to have to maintenance them yourself.

6. Display names and usernames were two separate entities on the old forum. On the new forum, if your login name was different, your username will be whatever it was (if you can remember it). If not, contact an Administrator and we'll get you sorted.

7. You can delete your subaccounts.
This action is ABSOLUTELY irreversible, so handle with care! The Staff team will not be able to recover your account if you delete it.

8. Email works, but it's going to my spam folder, and likely yours too.

9. You might be missing the odd subaccount. Please report this, it's likely your old login name replaced the username.

As always, many features are unfinished and are still actively being worked on, ranging from rank titles to factions to some prefixes not being properly styled. Your patience and diligence in is appreciated in helping us weather this possibly chaotic opening. Don't remain silent on issues, report them to Discord or here on the forum.

Last edited:
This is looking very nice.

Small question: There was previously a feature for blogs that allowed us to keep them unpublished as drafts. It doesn't look like that carried over, so now I have a bunch of draft blogs that look like they've been published. Can we expect the drafts to come back, or am I just missing it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom