Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skirmish Battle of Chaldea (NJO, GA, others)

divider.png

"And it wasn't when you open fired?"

Micheal clicked his tongue before glancing towards the numerous people under his control. Then he spoke. "I die, kill yourselves. Go back to your ships. Leave this world, then be free." It was a simple enough exchange. A simple enough command. He turned his gaze back to the pirate, simple flashing one last smile before he turned from the pirate completely. The arm he had would keep him safe if they tried anything. He just wanted to get the vault after all.

He paused at another voice, though. And immediately frowned. He held up the Thought Dowser, shaking his head. "The Force is not meant for any one person to use or command. This device I have, it is not the Force. It's effects are fairly similar, though, aren't they?" Technology that could replicate the Force. It was unsurprising that the Sith had eliminated such a group before the technology could be shared with others.

"But at the end of the day it is just a cheap imitation. The Chaldeans here know how to eliminate the need for these completely. It's why I'm here."

The smile returned as he regarded the Mercenary.

"What of you? Why are you here?"

Arcadian Arcadian | Jogerda of Chaldea

Untitled776_20230702232455.png

Calabiyau, Chaldea
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Jogerda of Chaldea - Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari - Open
The Nagai was able to avoid his strike with the help of a personal shield, but Alicio had done what he wanted. He had the advantage now, versus what he assumed was a ranged opponent. Now, he could put all his training to use...

"Ow!" The Count couldn't help the expletive from erupting from his mouth, as an arrowhead was driven into his back, striking a rib hard. Briefly, he wondered why the Future hadn't warned him of the strike, before he mentally facepalmed. His double-sight had become second nature- being without it now felt like fighting blind.

But it would take more than that to slow him. A quick spin and a jutting foot attempted to catch the close-ranged Mystic's heel, before Alicio went into a practiced, clean series of dangerous jabs and precise slashes, designed by Makashi duelists better than him to reach past an enemy's defenses, culminating in an upward slash, from hip to shoulder.

Perhaps if he had his senses, he could've felt a change in the air. A rippling in the Future, like a great column of fire. But instead, all he felt was a stabbing pain in his back, and the desire to end it.

Objective I: Save the Refugees
Tags: Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari

Kai’s gaze remained fixed on the dragon as he got to his feet. <What work?> he asked.

<The covenant has been broken,> the dragon said. <Bamarri, you must save us. As your predecessors have in ages past, you must restore balance.>

<How?>

<You already know what must be done. Bamarri have always known.>

Kai shook his head. <I don’t know what you’re talking about. There are people dying here. I have to help them!>

<Then save them, so long as you save us too. Show us their weaknesses. Lead us into battle.> The dragon crawled down and lowered itself to the ground, clearly wanting him to climb onto its back.

Reluctantly, Kai did so. Once he was secure, the dragon spread its wings and took to the sky. As they flew upwards through the smoke, he saw other dragons. Thousands of them were circling over the burning city. They howled and blew gouts of flame once he arrived in their midst, creating an incredible amount of noise.

Clinging to the dragon’s scales, Kai gazed out at them in wonder. As he watched them breathe fire, he was struck with an idea. <Can you target the Chaldeans?> he asked. <Blast them with fire?>

In response, the great dragons swooped downward en masse. Kai’s hair was blown back as he rode the beast through the smoke. The devastation wrought by the battle was all the clearer from up above. He saw bombed buildings, bodies slain in the streets, and fires spreading to anything that would burn.

Spying a cluster of Chaldean troops, the dragons lunged at them. Kai felt a blast of heat against his face as they breathed fire upon the invaders. It was a gruesome way to die, yet he couldn’t help but feel a euphoric rush of relief. These dragons could turn the tides and win the battle for them! The refugees would be saved!

<Why didn’t you come and find me earlier?> he asked. <We could’ve saved even more lives.>

<We come to bring balance, not to save lives,> the dragon replied. <You do not save lives by taking them.>

Of course, the Chaldeans retaliated, firing on the dragons with their guns and tanks and starfighters. But it did little damage to their tough, scaly hides. Kai’s dragon landed on top of a tank, crushing it beneath its weight. But then it lunged at a Jedi Knight.

<Stop!> Kai ordered, horrified.

The dragon ignored him, seizing the man between its jaws. Kai flinched as he heard a wet crunch. <Why did you do that?! I told you not to hurt him!>

<They are all a threat to us,> the dragon replied. <We have come to restore balance. That is your role, Bamarri. Do not attempt to defy your destiny. It will only bring you ruin.>

Cold fear overtook Kai. His first instinct was to warn the others. <Alicio! Amani!> he called through the Force, but there was no answer. Yet terror and desperation compelled him to keep screaming the names of people who could not hear him. <Gwen! The dragons are killing everyone!>

And I showed them how to do it.

As the dragon flapped its wings and started to rise again, Kai seized Tania’s sword. He couldn't stop the others, but he could stop this one. His lightsaber wouldn’t be able to cut through its hide, but a blade might be able to pierce between the scales. He plunged the sword into the dragon’s back as far as it would go, pulled it out and stabbed it again. His vision was blurry with tears and smoke, but he felt the body beneath him jerk and then suddenly drop, gravity pulling them down to earth...

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Amani Serys Amani Serys Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Micheal Nox Micheal Nox Aziraphale Aziraphale Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara Alasdair Voland Alasdair Voland Ivixa Nera'kas Ivixa Nera'kas Arcadian Arcadian Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Lira Virel Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf Valery Noble Valery Noble

We are now in the endgame phase. The destruction of Chaldean civilization has begun; the dragons are attacking everyone regardless of allegiance. Duels/warposting will continue as planned, but now you're going to have to deal with dragons trying to kill you.

Also, thank you all for participating! It's been rad.​

Jogerda of Chaldea

J
R96TxM3.png
Objective II: Loot the Vault
POV: Ganner Threepwood, pirate, doctor, and former Chaldean Mystic
Accompanied by: Captain Rhett Valentino and the pirate crew of the Morning Star
Tags: Micheal Nox Micheal Nox Arcadian Arcadian

Ganner was sweating profusely as he strained to stretch his Force resistance to his shipmates. He hadn't done anything like this in so long. They hadn't expected this kind of opposition...

Some other landlubber joined the Nagai, apparently delighted at the prospect of killing pirates. Ganner glared at him with his good eye, thumb still trained on the thermal detonator.

But then, something happened that none of them could've anticipated. Ganner got a sudden bad feeling, though given the circumstances that wasn't surprising. Then, as he braced himself for one final push, there was a noise like a volcanic eruption bursting from the earth. The walls of the Academy shook. Ganner's eye flicked toward the nearby stained glass windows, where he saw a dark shape growing larger...

Crash! The glass shattered and flames exploded inward. Ganner hit the floor, utterly blindsided by what appeared to be a dragon attack. In an instant the Academy was set ablaze. He had just enough foresight to disarm the thermal detonator before it could explode - he was quite sure he didn't need it any longer.

Fire with Fire, Bolt for Bolt

R96TxM3.png

Untitled-design-8.png
Untitled-design-9.png
”I seek a similar treasure,” Arcadian revealed.

“Though I must admit, I’d planned to acquire it only to part with it later in exchange for Credits. The Force may not be for anyone, but money is.”

Bold. He hoped Micheal Nox Micheal Nox enjoyed a bit of verbal dance. At least it would prolong his life if the dark man meant to gut him by the end of the day. He hoped that wouldn’t be the outcome, though. Someone with such disdain for the Force would prove a better ally than a foe. He would had said as much, but a low rumble was steadily becoming a concerning one. The alabaster almost seemed to shake, as if the very crust of Chaldea beneath them was expelling the Academy.

Then, the window shattered.

Cade dove with instinctual swiftness to the floor, away from the rain of colorful shards that rained down upon the chamber. To fight or flee was the question, but he had little time to decide. They were under attack, and they needed to move.

Jogerda of Chaldea

J
Objective I: Kill Them All
Tags: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Jogerda thought she had already won. The Jedi was disarmed and defenseless without access to the Force. Yet right when victory seemed near, he broke the swing of her sword with his hand. The sharp blade bit deep into his palm and the force with which she had struck may have even broken bones, but his will to survive was such that he was able to overcome the pain, seize her other wrist as well, and headbutted her in the face!

She reared back, blood gushing from her crushed nose. The taste of metal flooded her mouth as it ran down the back of her throat. Coughing, she spat red-tinged saliva in his face, hoping to blur his vision or otherwise distract him while she swept his legs, trying to knock him off his feet.

divider.png

"Indeed we do. If it's credits you seek, though, the Open Hand is willing to pay you for your assistance. Still a fair share, yes?" Make allies, not enemies, where he could. Pirates aside, anyway. He half glanced to the man with his hand on the grenade, and was about to say something.. Profound, probably. Micheal did like making a spectacle where he could. Except someone else had a better thing in mind.

The world itself seemed to rupture. He clicked his tongue, surprisingly keeping his balance with the grace of a warrior. His gaze lifted. Dragons.

"What a display of legends! Truly, a mystical sight. Priests, get out vessels ready. I'll be joining our new friend below to get into that vault I think." The Priests scattered to the winds, fleeing the devastation to make sure they still had a way off of what was quickly seeming like a doomed world. Micheal on the other hand turned to look towards a now opened path. The destruction wrought by the dragon seemed to reveal what was once hidden. A path down to the lower levels, towards where he was searching for.

Ah right, the mystic. He looked over, then let out a weary sigh. Dead, killed by the rubble. Mind control seemed to keep him from being able to save himself.

"It seems I'm rather lucky today. Apologies it couldn't extend to you." So he hopped down through. His prize was waiting after all.

Arcadian Arcadian | Jogerda of Chaldea

Objective: Objective 1
Tag: Arlo Renard Arlo Renard Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Amani Serys Amani Serys

00_001.doric.png

"Oh fuck!" I cursed as I realised what was happening, sheets of dragon fire began to coat the streets around me and the smell of burning filled the air. I had to leave. I left into the air and shifted into the fastest creature I could form, a small raptor with red wings that had been one of the first creatures I learned. I took to the skies and made a prayer that in the maelstrom of force energies I would be mistaken for a real bird.

I left my perch just in time as the building below me exploded into fore from a dragon that swooped low over the city. I took off as fast as I could swooping and diving around the huge creatures trying to find a way out. I flew so hard that my wings hurt and I quickly found myself leaving the city and gaining altitude quickly, the main mass of dragons was behind me be but clusters of them were already roving in the outskirts of the city, destroying everything. I felt, for the briefest moment like I was free, escaping the worst of it to hide until this was all over and maybe get off world alive.

My relief was short lived though, one of the monsters must had detected my sentient thought and realised I was more than the bird I mimiced and was now giving chase. In a straight line the dragon was faster but I had the edge in maneuverability. It snapped at me with its wicked horned maw and I flipped to my left, and then my right as I felt the searing heat of his breath narrowly missing me. I couldn't keep this up forever, skin shifting was tiring in itself and this level of flight was more than I could handle. I had one chance. As it snapped at me again and I was sure it nearly took a feather, I opened my wings, losing speed to allow the dragon to overshoot me before closing them tightly into my body and dropping like a rock towards the sea below me.

The dragon turned sharply and also went into a dive, eager to catch such an elusive prey but the turn had robbed him of speed so I was now well ahead and losing height quickly. I saw the water rushing up towards me and the wind tore past my body as the shadow of the dragon continued to grow behind me. I took as deep a breath as my form would allow then braced myself. My world was surrounded with water and I felt the radiant glow of the dragon's breath across the surface above me as he pulled out of the dive and tried to hunt me. I skinshifted again into an aquatic creature and dissapeared into the deep. I dont know how long that dragon waited for me to surface, of if he looked at me, but in my streamlined and aquatic form I was able to leave him far behind me. I swam like my life depended on it, because of course it did, and I kept going until I had nothing left to give.

‐------------------------------

Later

I awoke lying on the shore with a strange and older woman stroking my forehead, I gasped, taking a breath as her warmth restored me from my exhaustion. The woman looked like a spirit of nature given form and I knew in my heart that she was a moorchild like me. I turned my head and looked over where others of her people gathered like imps around a nearby tree. I was safe here, far from the city with people so close to nature that the dragons might leave them alone. The woman put her fingers on my lips as I began to try and speak. I turned my head to look back out across the sea from where I had come and I began to cry again.

hVed5Bj.png

Objective: 1
Tags: Jogerda of Chaldea

Z9U36lL.png

Ko knew that he was going to be in for a rough next few weeks with his hand. The blade cutting through tissue, muscles and tendons, likely to the bone. But it was far better than most of the alternative places he could find himself getting stuck with her blade.

As she stepped back some he did the same. Bending his arm and keeping his wounded hand close to his body, the light brown robes he wore began to get a deep red stain. Given the intensity of their duel and her ability to suppress his connection to The Force, Ko hadn’t yet recognized the wider carnage taking place yet through draconic armageddon.

The Kel Dor imagined that the fellow teen in front of him was similarly experiencing tunnel vision. Also that breaking her nose may have also broken her concentration. Using the moment Ko glanced to his lightsaber on the ground, connecting with the force sensitive adegan crystal within it. Putting in a great deal of effort just to overcome his opponent's unique use of The Force. However Ko was also aided by the echo stone had on him. The gift Romi Jade had given to him and the other Padawans back on Eadu. The stone helped to give him that extra push needed to actually summon his lightsaber hilt back to him. Grabbing it with his good hand and igniting its green energy blade.

It also afforded him just a moment of added clarity for the situation. Something he was in dire need of at the moment. His teenage opponent spat into his face and blurred Ko’s vision through his goggles. Turning the world red from the blood it contained but he could still mostly see since it didn’t get into his eyes and he was used to things like condensation obscuring his sight. As she committed sweeping his leg Ko maneuvered his lightsaber to intercept the kick. Colliding with her armor, resistant like her sword which was no surprise to him at this point. But the Kel Dor didn’t hesitate to follow up with a swift counter.

She wouldn’t stop until either one of them was dead. In this moment it was do or die. It wasn’t up for discussion. He was sure her mind was made up before the battle even began. Could she be redeemed, wand walk the path of light? Perhaps. But what mattered was the present, the here and now, not the what ifs of an unknowable future. Pulling his radiant emerald blade back from her leg, deftly maneuvering the weapon in one hand as it hummed in the air before thrusting out with it. Targeting the one weak spot that he could see, her head. Attempting to plunge his lightsaber right into her face towards her eye.

Jogerda of Chaldea

J
R96TxM3.png
Objective II: Loot the Vault
POV: Ganner Threepwood, pirate, doctor, and former Chaldean Mystic
Accompanied by: Captain Rhett Valentino and the pirate crew of the Morning Star
Tags: Micheal Nox Micheal Nox Arcadian Arcadian

As the flames rose higher, Ganner spotted the Nagai running into the vault. He didn't bother trying to stop him. The madman would probably die from breathing in the smoke while trying to solve the puzzle which sealed the hatch.

All Ganner cared about was his shipmates. A few of them seemed to be rousing from their stupor now that the Nagai had gone away and taken his thought dowser with him. Ganner crawled over to the dazed Captain Valentino, frantically shaking the Hapan pirate and slapping his face to rouse him from his stupor.

"Wha... What happened?" the captain finally sputtered, looking around and coughing. "Ship's on fire?"

Ganner smiled with relief. "No, but we will be if we stay here any longer," he replied.

"But what about the booty?"

"Forget the booty! Come on!"

Grumbling, Captain Valentino sat up, but couldn't stand. His leg had been burned in the attack. Ganner slung him over his shoulder and carried him out, the other surviving crew of the Morning Star vanishing with him into the night.

Jogerda of Chaldea

J
Tags: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Jogerda was fighting for her life. How quickly her victory had been dashed; how swiftly the tides of battle had turned against her. Yet as the dragons attacked, determined to take Chaldea back to a less civilized age, her suppression of the Jedi's Force connection evidently faltered. He was able to retrieve his lightsaber, plunging it through her eye.

As the blade burned through her brain, the Maid of the Plains had one last vision. Not of the future, but of the past. At last, she understood.

Her body was snatched up in the jaws of a dragon before it could hit the ground. Another one of the great flying beasts came at the Jedi, blasting flames at him. The sky above was filled with dragons. The apocalypse had begun.

Calabiyau, Chaldea
Alicio Organa Alicio Organa - Arlo Renard Arlo Renard - Others​

Such a wide sweep was blocked with relative ease, though the force behind it did send Amani back, nearly throwing her off balance. All the same it left her in the position she had intended. She saw Alicio take a hit, and grit her teeth in attempt at keeping composure. The Jedi then raised her free hand, telekinetically ripping out a piece of the courtyard gate Fergus' forces had broken through, "You first," She then pulled it towards her, and by extension towards Fergus. Amani charged forward at the same time, sliding to avoid the gate, and catch Fergus between two colliding attacks. Her saber extended, threading to cut his legs.

Then, silhouettes in the sky distracted her. A legion of great beasts strafed the city, laying waste to anything in their path. Amani could not fathom their nature, or what brought them hear, but danger screamed at her through all senses, "Alicio!" She suddenly cried out, the only warning she could muster in this state, to the person she needed to keep safe the most.

Fire with Fire, Bolt for Bolt

R96TxM3.png

Untitled-design-8.png
Untitled-design-9.png
A wolfish simile curled on Cade’s lips. The Open Hand was a foreign organization to him, but if they offered credits for his line of work, they would become quite familiar with one another soon. There wasn’t time to ponder his business though.

Dragons were upon the Academy.

Whatever enthrallment Micheal Nox Micheal Nox had imposed was wearing off, and the dark man was descending now upon the vaults. Fleeing empty handed was not an option, and staying here to execute dazed pirates would serve him little. He sighed, settling for the only option that would make him money. He jumped below, following the dark man to the lower levels.

The man was further ahead than Arcadian could see, but he called out nevertheless.

The vaults!” he shouted, his voice pinched by scarred vocal cords.

We must reach them quickly!

To think that a Jedi holocron was within his grasp.

Objective 1/3: The Imperial Fortress vs the Chaldeans
BicXK1J.jpg

iZghnZQ.png

Imperial

700 Infantry (60 saved who would have otherwise died due to the intervention of Lira Virel).
10 Heavy/Medium Walkers
One TIE advanced squadron
10 TIE bombers.
7 TIE Interceptors.

Chaldean
2,200 "Liberators"
3 Corvettes
5 Mystics
5 Paladins
24 Starfighters.
2 Dragons

Alasdair was busy coordinating what they absolutely needed to take with them and what they could leave behind when he heard a large bellowing in the far off distance and stopped. Running over to one of the open castle windows, he glanced out and looked towards where the roar had come from. And to his horror, saw that the entire city seemed to be under attack by yet another foe, large, angry…it could not be…dragons?

“What the spast…?” He sputtered out loud, just stunned for a moment. The confusion he felt was shared by the oncoming Chaldean regiment, who stopped in their tracks to just marvel at the creatures’ sudden appearance, seemingly from nowhere. Alasdair angrily contacted the Chimaera IV via his comlink.

“Captain, what the hell are you doing? Why was I not informed of these creatures coming toward the city? What are they?”

“Sir, I apologize, we did not consider them to be combatants before…they were simply flying…and our records indicated they were largely peaceful fauna unless provoked…they just started a moment ago. Attacking everyone, regardless of allegiance. We just saw a Jedi get eaten, some Chaldeans set ablaze…”

Alasdair paused, thinking hard for a moment.

Okay, thank the Force for that, they’re not on the side of the Chaldeans. And they are closer to the city than we are, they should bear the brunt of any attack. Screw it. We’re leaving everything but the most important equipment and sensitive information behind, we can always come back for it later when things have cooled down. I have lost enough men here today.

“Get those dropships down here now, we’re only getting personnel out. Have our starfighters and the Chimaera IV engage any errant dragons coming towards us, defend those dropships with your lives!”

“Yes Commander!”

“Attention, attention!” Alastair bellowed over over the command channel. “Everyone, drop what you are doing, to the dropships, now! A new threat has entered the battlefield, and we’re getting the hell out of here! Move it soldiers!”

At the Advancing Chaldean Regiment

A loud cheer went up from the attacking Chaldeans at the sight of the group of dragons flying towards the fortress. Even the wildlife itself now seemed ready to attack the outsiders.

“The Imps are finished! Even the drago-” One enthusiastic liberator was about to say, before a wave of fire turned even his bones to ash. Horrified Chaldeans soon began to run, screaming, as it was clear the dragons had no intention of being discriminating in their targets. Waves of burning liquid fire washed over the rear of the Chaldean regiment, four entire companies being roasted alive before they could even begin to react by just five or so of the beasts. A fifth, beginning to scatter, managed to survive with only half its members entirely obliterated.

“What is going on, why?”

“Who cares about why! Scatter you fool!”

In the Air

Two of the dragons turned their attention towards the Imperials, flying towards the castle, prepared to burn the evacuation dropships and everyone inside the castle to smoldering ruins. Unfortunately for them, they were engaged by the long guns of the Chimaera IV and the three squadrons of strikecraft it carried today, turbolasers, missiles, and heavy laser cannons going up against their thick armor and vengeful fire.

It was a spectacular display in the air, with TIE fighters buzzing the dragons with missiles, laser cannons, and even a few proton bombs while the remaining Imperial soldiers entered, more like threw themselves into as fast as they could, the dropships at the orders of Alasdair. A lucky turbolaser shot took down one of the dragons, causing the remaining one to go into a frenzy. Over a dozen advanced TIE fighters fell to its rage and claws, along with ten more of the TIE bombers. It finally went down by a combination of another turbolaser shot and the cumulative damage done by the TIEs, spiraling down to the ground and falling into the lake far below with an enormous splash. So many TIEs had been lost and it was only against two of the dragons.

It looked like Commander Alasdair had been right to order the retreat, especially as the dropships ascended into the air, giving the Imperial forces a full view of the chaos erupting in the city.

Alasdair sat in one of the leading shuttles with his eyes closed. They had done what they could do here today, at heavy cost to themselves, all they could do now was watch the destruction...and perhaps laugh bitterly at the Jedi and the Alliance who he knew, deep down, probably had something to do with this.

At least we saved thousands of lives today. That counts for something.
Imperials Exit

Jegy Sesara Jegy Sesara Ivixa Nera'kas Ivixa Nera'kas Lira Virel Aziraphale Aziraphale Arlo Renard Arlo Renard Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Micheal Nox Micheal Nox Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Amani Serys Amani Serys Shan Pavond Shan Pavond Valery Noble Valery Noble Arcadian Arcadian Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Last edited:

divider.png

"That is the goal."

Micheal called back in a rather nonchalant, uncaring tone. There was danger everywhere. These dragons were utterly destroying everything they could their hands on. Or claws. .. Or fire? He shrugged. Didn't matter to him, his goal was lower still. The destruction they wrought only made it easier for him to find it.

"They say there's a puzzle to solve, but I'm not too sure it'll be intact. In chaos, there is luck it seems."

Arcadian Arcadian

hVed5Bj.png

Tags: Jogerda of Chaldea

Z9U36lL.png

Never would have Ko thought it possible to regret feeling connected to The Force. As the life of the girl vanished, so did the energy that suppressed him. It felt like time froze for him in the moment before he withdrew his saber from her skull. Even through the red blur that covered his goggles he saw what he’d done crystal clear. Seeing the girl looking back at him with a single eye, and a hole burned through her head.

Before she could even fall back onto the ground she vanished as the situation around him became impossible to ignore any longer. Shocked, Ko stumbled back at the sight of her disappearing behind a tooth mouth. A Dragon? It had eaten her body and with a flick of their mighty tail and knocked away the tank that she’d arrived in the ease of a while tossing a toy car.

Looking up Ko saw another one flying down that had noticed him as well. He had no idea what was going on now. Not sensing that these beasts were friendly it became clear as a cone of flames shot from its mouth towards the Kel Dor. With his connection to The Force reestablished he defended himself with a simple telekinetic barrier. But pyrokinetic assault carried a great deal of momentum and blasted Ko back and off his feat. Sending the padawan flying into a nearby ruined building.

He was hurting, his hand radiated pain from the deep cut he took, and his skin was singed from the fire. Struggling to get up and collect himself he was filled with confusion. What was happening to the soldiers, the refugees or the Jedi. Ko groaned and winced in pain before picking himself up onto his feet. Feeling like he just got out of one nightmare and into another one. The Force only let him know that he wasn’t alone nor were his feelings of confusion and concern unique. Grabbing his sore and bleeding hand Ko stumbled out of the ruined building, he needed to find others.

POV: Fergus Murdoch, Chaldean Paladin
Accompanied by: Tony, Nagai and Chaldean Mystic + maybe a hundred rabble-level Chaldean forces?
Tags: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Amani Serys Amani Serys

Tony didn’t stop to celebrate drawing a pained yelp from the Count. By the time the arrow struck home, he was already moving, using his shield and his dragonskin bracers to block Alicio’s lightsaber while he freed the hunting dagger sheathed at his thigh, smoothly shifting to melee combat.

Fergus meanwhile was dealing with the failure of Tony’s suppression of the Jedi’s Force connection. The lightsaber to the legs didn’t do much, but the gate?

It decapitated him.

Knocking Introspect to one side, Tony pressed his dagger to Alicio’s throat, using it as leverage to push the Count backwards and pin him against the wall of the cathedral. He thought he had the bastard dead to rights—a most worthy kill, given Alicio’s role in this whole mess. But then shadows fell over the city, and the dragons descended from out of the smoldering sky.

The courtyard was ablaze in seconds. The ground burned. The buildings burned. The people burned. In the chaos, Tony still grit his teeth and went in for the kill.

Calabiyau, Chaldea
- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Jogerda of Chaldea - Open
The Mystic was able to block and dodge the Count's flurry, weaving through his attacks in a way that Alicio could have, were the Force not robbed from him.

He also would have kept his grip on Introspect, were he fighting at his fullest. Unfortunately, he was not, and the lightsaber was knocked from his grasp, and he was pushed into a corner, just barely able to lock the Mystic's arm in place, keeping the knife steady an inch from the soft of his neck.

There was one saving grace, though, to not having his vision. He didn't fortell the wanton death and destruction around him. He hardly noticed it, so focused was he on the fight. So instead of reeling on the ground, overwhelmed by his senses, he didn't hesitate as Tony did.

In a split second, Alicio's robotic palm came up and placed itself between the knife and him. The weapon embedded itself into his prosthetic, sticking halfway through. In a second, the senator twisted his arm to wrench the knife away, and tried to knee the Nagai in the crotch.

He hadn't even heard Amani, in the sudden cacophany around them. Couldn't feel the danger of approaching dragonfire.

Despite the call to flee Aziraphale did not follow after just yet remaining behind as his boss departed with the rest of his 'little toys' still intact. Aziraphale, ever vigilant, took notice of the chaos unfolding around him as the dragons descended, reigning fire and death from above. His excitement grew as he witnessed the dragons soaring through the sky, their presence reminiscent of the formidable beasts he had encountered on his home world. To Aziraphale, this was a real challenge, a chance to face adversaries with a familiar sense of thrill.

As his sharp gaze swept across the battlefield, Aziraphale's attention was drawn to Ko, who found himself cornered by one of the dragons. Without hesitation, Aziraphale sprang into action, his figure a blur as he swiftly moved toward Ko's location. An extraordinary transformation unfolded before Ko's eyes as the red head stepped in front of him. Aziraphale's true form emerged, a sight both awe-inspiring and terrifying. Adorned with blackened horns that curled upwards sloping back, and sprouting long black feathered wings, the assassin became a creature the very picture and embodiment of darkness and power.

With a menacing grace, Aziraphale's daggers were aimed at the dragon's eyes. As the assassin tapped into the depths of the Force, a surge of energy erupted, propelling the blades forward with immense force. The dragon, caught off guard by the sudden onslaught, reeled back in pain as the daggers found their mark. It was with the precision of a predator, that Aziraphale had intercepted the dragon's assault, as if claiming Ko by actions alone that the padawan would be was his own prey, and not the snack for an oversized lizard. The violet electrical whip crackled with a further spark of lightning and thunder carrying with it such intensity, striking out at the dragon with a force that made even the now blinded, mighty creature pause in surprise.

Aziraphale's intervention provided Ko with a brief respite, a chance to gather himself amidst the chaos. Now at Ko's side, his presence radiated protection.

In a display of sheer strength, Aziraphale used the Force to unleash a powerful telekinetic wave, grasping the wounded dragon and lifting it as if it were nothing more than a child's plaything. He drew it to the side slamming it into another dragon, intent on attacking Ko, which had the misfortune of flying directly into the path of the chaos.

Seizing the moment, Aziraphale acted swiftly claiming his 'prize'. Snatching Ko roughly by the back of his belt, the assassin's powerful grip ensured a firm hold. With a single beat of his mighty wings, Aziraphale ascended into the sky, carrying Ko to relative safety.

As they soared above the chaos and destruction, Aziraphale's wings beat against the wind, their feathers rustling with an ominous whisper. The assassin's true form, now unveiled as he glanced down at his little 'prize' a devious smile graced his features as a flash of fangs were seen.

hVed5Bj.png

Tags: Aziraphale Aziraphale

Z9U36lL.png

As if the day couldn’t get any worse…

Battered and exhausted Ko found himself cornered by another one of the beasts. Breathing heavily through his mask and holding his green lightsaber in one hand, he feared it might be the end of him. But he wouldn’t go down without a fight, he sensed that it wasn’t his time, not yet, and he’d fight to keep it that way.

But something else happened, behind his goggles Ko’s eyes widened as a large winged man was suddenly standing between himself and the dragon. Were they trying to save Ko, they didn’t really look like a guardian angel, almost the opposite. Part of the padawan worried that they were some demon sent from Hell to drag him away for his transgressions here.

The teen stepped back and watched in awe as they fought off the beast. Unsure if what he was even seeing was real or just some dream and Ko was actually dying, bleeding out in some pile of rubble. He was blown away as the “protector” telekinetically manipulated the dragon into colliding with another one.

Before he had any time to collect himself or digest what he was witnessing Ko felt him get grabbed and yoinked into the air above them. “AHHH!” Ko involuntarily exclaimed in shock as the ground beneath him was suddenly pulled away from him. He couldn’t help but flail his arms and legs from sheer surprise. Was this demon man saving him? After a short moment Ko’s gaze looked out into the landscape around him. Seeing the fiery destruction that was unleashed. Countless dragons rampaged across the city. Maybe Ko had already died and gone to Hell. He couldn’t imagine it looked much different to what he was witnessing now…

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom