Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banned Species List Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashe the Reaper said:
Jqepvet.jpg
Now this is the definition of passive aggressive.

Zz'acc

Z
I have seen Zz'acc mentioned so many times...

Heres my reasoning behind Zz'acc being acceptable:

- No master level fire and flight for starters
- He is the result of alchemical alterations and thus is smaller (only 20 km more then Faen was i believe. Could be off.) with no third arm while gaining sentience
- He cannot access any form of real weaponry
- When in a duel scenario, imagine 300. Zz'acc charges, the human (etc) ducks inside a small crevice, or into an alleyway etc.
- He is still an animal, and tend to run on all fours and scratch and claw in place of tactics
- Also, his skin is nowhere near as resistant.
- Oh and cant forgot that his Master ([member="Christian Slade"]) is teaching him to make himself smaller with the Force so even the size isnt going to always be a problem

But in all honesty, this was legitly made to counter Faenrovens existence in the Fringe (ie they have super beast and I wanted the Sith to as well) so if it was shot down, despite being bummed i wont all out be depressed.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
The entirety behind my teaching him a way to manipulate his form is so that he could partake in events like The Malachor V tournament without issue. Some might question the legitimacy of the technique that he is learning from me in order for him to manipulate his form, but if anyone has any better ideas on how to address that then please, by all means, voice your opinions here. AND IF ANYONE has an issue with this, and I'm talking to those with authority(IE RP Judges, Mods and Admins), please come to me outside of this thread so that we may discuss that and we can arrange and alternative. I do, however, stand by my decisions here and believe that he has every right to partake in an event like this just like everyone else.

Thank you,

-Christian Slade

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Christian Slade"], [member="Zz'acc"],

Well, no one can really do much about the event, and it's hosted by a player(s) and it's completely up to them if they don't want to let someone participate in a closed thread just because their hair is blue or their skin is purple or they have a funny face.

I can only think of two things off of the top of my head concerning the size and strength issues.
One - Use Sith alchemy to transmute him into something smaller permanently, or perhaps something that is naturally small but can temporarily grow bigger in biological mass by draining another with a bite or a tendril, almost similar to energy vampirism but without mass regeneration.
Two - Feth with his DNA until he's small, be it through cloning facilities, alchemy, or otherwise.
Three - New idea. It would be incredibly difficult, hard to find a practitioner for and very risky, but alternatively you could just clone Zz'acc a proportionately smaller body through genetic modification and transfer his essence into it. Break made Acklay Minors, so I wouldn't see it impossible to apply a similar concept and make a "shrunken" zilo species.

PS: #BanWafflekatSpecies

Tefka said:
Precedents are meant to be changed, just like rules. I tell my fellow Staff members this all the time. Just because a precedent is there does not mean we will follow it. It's a hindrance to making fair rulings.

I'll address all species banned, even though people seem to only care about dragons.

1. These were among the most popular choices chosen for banishment by the Factory Judges. I chose to execute their decision.

3. Yammosks are War Coordinators and have never truly been depicted as having sentience. Even the wiki says they're only partially sentient. They're tools, used by the Yuuzhan Vong. No more.

My personal opinion is, we should ban all non-sentient or semi-sentient species from being player characters. But that's not the ruling here. The ruling is Yammosks, Dragons, and Mnngal-Mnngal.
[member="Tefka"]

Sorry to bring this up after so long, but I wanted to ask a question on the matter before I brought something else up.

Beyond the whole semi-sentient / non-sentient issue, what were the reasons that Yammosks were added to the banned species list?

I might loose a few friends with this one, but I have to mention... Why aren't the semi-immortal Gen'dai banned? Kinda sucks knowing that I can shove a grenade into your chest and not sleep at night as I have the knowledge that unless you're a complete pacifist, YOU WILL HOLD A GRUDGE.... and after seeing what Durge could do... *shivers.*

[member="Darth Tsolan"] - Sorry to those that rp Gen'dai, but I kind of agree... I mean you practiclaly have to throw them into a star to kill them....

[member="Captain Larraq"] - If I may give my opinion of an awnser, and I may be wrong: because they can practically control all Yuuzan Vong biots. Someone rping one could wave a hand and send an army of Yuuzan Vong warbeasts at you.

Mrrew said:
[member="Captain Larraq"] - If I may give my opinion of an awnser, and I may be wrong: because they can practically control all Yuuzan Vong biots. Someone rping one could wave a hand and send an army of Yuuzan Vong warbeasts at you.

Aaaaaand this brings me to my second point.

How is that any different from what [member="The Hydra Queen"] is doing in the current OS Invasions?

[member="Captain Larraq"] - I haven't seen that, but I have a question:

Is she an acutal Vong commander, in which case they're following her out of loyalty / the way they were engineered, not being practically mind controlled like a Yammosk?

[member="Mrrew"]

Yammosks (to the best of my knowledge) did not mind control anything. they used 'telepathy-like empathy' or whatever to communicate with them... and they listened.

What's happening in the invasions that 'Vong Sense' is being used to fill the same role as a Yammosk and coordinate swarms of watbeasts and such well beyond what's being fielded by other factions/writers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom