Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banned Species List Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basaba Willamina

A'den and Alor be aliit Willamina
Judah Dashiell said:
I can only hope the zombie/undead things will be banned soon as well. Keep feeding Tef ideas.
Ehh the star wars zombies are mostly hive mind as well and the intelligence grew over time. A single pc wouldn't be able to encompass the entire thing. Still fun to fight though

Nyxie

【夢狐】
[member="Captain Larraq"] - Nope, just a deviantart picture. And InuYasha didn't have a tail.

Also, I proved how an undead PC can still be played well, but I would suppose undead PC's could be banned without recourse.

I think there should be limits on the undead really. Have heavy negative effects or have to be maintained by either power sith Sorcery by the undead them self or with an adjacent character keeping them alive. Every race has its downfalls and advantages.

Edit: Which at this moment I can think of many two Sorceress that can do that and I know for sure one is HIGHLY inactive xD.

There are five ways, in SW, to get zombies.
  • Blackwing Virus
  • Mnggal-Mnggal
  • Sith spell
  • Nightsister rite
  • Energy vampire

Obviously these are things to be used with care and discretion. Every time I run into the Sith version, though, it's 'I ZOMBIFY THOUSANDS PLUS THE BODIES AROUND YOU AND THEY"RE ALL INFECTIOUS" - like many EU powers that were designed to basically be end boss nastiness to be overcome by the power of plot, they hardly ever work for RP.

Jorus Merrill said:
There are five ways, in SW, to get zombies.
  • Blackwing Virus

• Mnggal-Mnggal

• Sith spell

• Nightsister rite

• Energy vampire

Obviously these are things to be used with care and discretion. Every time I run into the Sith version, though, it's 'I ZOMBIFY THOUSANDS PLUS THE BODIES AROUND YOU AND THEY"RE ALL INFECTIOUS" - like many EU powers that were designed to basically be end boss nastiness to be overcome by the power of plot, they hardly ever work for RP.
I'de add techno-beasts to this list. Not technically a Sith Spell to create them, just some force nastyness and they're basically zombies just cyborgy.

Soliael Devin Talith said:
I'de add techno-beasts to this list. Not technically a Sith Spell to create them, just some force nastyness and they're basically zombies just cyborgy.
Sorry for double post:

I think he was going off of Canon things and if I remember "techno-beasts" were your personal creation [member="Soliael Devin Talith"]

[member="Spencer Jacobs"] - Techno-beasts are canon, but info's kinda slim on them, as with most of the above list. IE, anyone who's RP'ing most of the list has to invent stuff to fill in the gaps - how fast do they move? Are they infectious? Do they require sustained effort to control? Etc. Obvsly, most people go with 'fast, yes, no' for buff purposes.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
The method I went with for Ashe was the virus modified with Sith alchemy, and energy vampirism. Of course, now it's just the latter because Circe did her voodoo spaic majik stuff to destroy her old body and put her in a new one, but the zombies she makes (which IC has been literally only a handful as personal guards) are basically non-contagious cannon fodder with the exception of the people simply just thralled against their will to serve.

I don't personally see zombies, techno beasts and maybe some of the stronger Sith's aside, as being very effective to any extent of the imagination. I'd imagine half of them aren't infectious either, for example, energy vampire zombies.

Another thing people may forget is that zombies, sentient/semi-sentient or not, don't typically regenerate. If they get hit, they're screwed, unless you have a sewing kit and some embalming fluid handy.

Spencer Jacobs said:
Sorry for double post:

I think he was going off of Canon things and if I remember "techno-beasts" were your personal creation [member="Soliael Devin Talith"]
Like Jon said, Techno-beasts are canon. Normally i picture them as typical zombies, like Romero style zombies who stumble around and fall over on themselves. The only difference is that these are covered in metal so are a bit harder to dismember and kill.

The Stuff that Soliael does it different. He uses the techno-virus to essentially make super advanced cyborgs by also utilizing his skill in Sith magic and Mechu-Deru, essentially controlling how the Virus changes the victim. Thats how i make custom Techno-beast like the Vali and the Resu. Though the Techno-beast Resu were mostly worked on by Stone and are freaking awesome.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Captain Larraq, on 10 Jun 2014 - 17:12, said:

Captain Larraq said:
To clarify.

If the character uses a species that was subbed and approved through the Species Factory... They can still use those characters? Such as the unique "Leviathan" (unrelated to the wookieepedia sub of the same name) that is on the board?
If it was approved, yes.
[member="Xyhn-Drez"]

Soliael Devin Talith said:
Though the Techno-beast Resu were mostly worked on by Stone and are freaking awesome.
Dank ye :D

So this went off topic-ish real quick. I'm inclined to believe that undead things are rare. Right now I have Voracitos as ghost, and it's been a long time since he's been anything other than. I'm working out my plot now to change that, but its a really important thing to be returning from the dead, and Voracitos generally doesn't like change... even if the state he is in is quietly destroying him, i.e., morbidly obese and refused to die anyway.

EmKay

I'd like to take a moment of your time to talk to you about our lord and saviour Waffles the Kitteh
waffle-cat.jpg

On a topic-related note, though, I find that while inconvenient in current circumstances, the ban on Dovahkiin is [probably] for the best. I assume admins know what they're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom