Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Back to Onderon

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Factory Link
Lightsabers: Link!
Tag: Kain Aldore Kain Aldore
As they stepped up towards the door of the house, Valery quietly listened to him. While she probably seemed like the helpful type who was always easy around others, there were times when that was very different. After experiencing extreme loss several times, she had secluded herself and limited just how much she'd accept help and offer it.
For her, that had changed drastically, but she understood people who preferred to work alone quite well because of her experience.
"Of course, I'll come with you," Valery said with a soft smile when he explained that in this case, he would prefer for her to join him. She then helped him remove the last bits of vegetation from the door and after some clever rewiring of the electronics, the two stepped inside the building.
At first, it seemed as if this wasn't even the right place — the pictures of the Twi'lek made it feel like they had just broken into the home of some stranger who once lived here. But... there was something that drew his attention, and Valery followed quietly. She gave him some distance but the moment they entered the next room to see the remains of the couple with lightsabers in their hands and burn marks in their clothing, she began to frown.
"Hey..." she spoke softly and gently placed a hand on his shoulder following his deep sigh. Valery actually wasn't sure whether to try and take him out of this room or to encourage him to take a look around, so she simply offered her support and gave him a moment to think.
"Maybe..." Valery frowned again because what she was about to offer would likely be a very unpleasant experience for her. But it could give him answers, so she decided to offer it anyway. "Maybe I can see if the Force will show me what exactly happened here. I can try to use Psychometry."
n0m34qi.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

This is where it had come to an End? He'd expected at least one of them to be alive, living in seclusion, or to be nobodies. This, what Kain and Valery found had just complicated things. He had told himself this wasn't about his feelings and it was simply to satiate his curiosity, except now his curiosity was growing.

"When I decided to look for them. it was for answers. My Dad was a Zarbrak parts trader on Questal, a goofy and outgoing man that was as good as they came, he cared for others and raised me with unconditional love. After he died, A Togruta woman- my master found me, she became the equivalent of a mom, she was different from my pops but in a good way. She was gentle and much more serious, she was killed a few years later while we were on a mission. Those two people who were entirely unrelated and sometimes unrelatable. They were my parents." He Looked at Valery with a face of sorrow then took a few steps towards the remains bending down to one knee, examining the sabers in their hands.

"And these two people, I want to know more. Why were they not my parents? It's strange, I can feel a connection but it's distant, like a fraying thread" So Kain was left with two options, Walk away from this room and accept he'd never learned why they gave him up, keeping clear of what got them killed in the process. Or to stay and look for clues and take Valery's offer of Psychometry. A powerful and direct ability, much unlike visions.

But to feel what they did, that would be intense, Kain was bad with his sense but, perhaps because of the connection he could feel some residual emotions. Love, Sorrow, Pain, Guilt, Contentment, Happiness. The whole thing was faint, but he could only imagine how intense it could get, and he could tell she was hesitant.

looks like it was option two, he wanted to know. "I'll take your offer. but only if you're one hundred percent willing. This isn't life or death for me, Sure I'm curious but if I don't learn what happened it won't ruin me" Kain would be disappointed sure, but at the end of the day, he also realized the events leading to the scene of the room they stood in was simply a corner piece to the puzzle they'd uncovered.

n0m34qi.png
Looking away from the bodies on the floor, Valery's eyes turned back to Kain to see a face of sorrow. She knew what it was like to view people as parental figures despite them not biologically being related. It was often the case for Jedi who started their training young — they would view their Master as the closest thing to a father or mother, and Valery was no exception to this.
But she never had any desire to learn about her real parents or even her homeworld. Then again, she left all of that behind when she was very young, and this may not be the case for him. She also knew why her parents weren't the ones raising her — they had willingly given her up to the Jedi. But Kain didn't have answers to his questions like that.
"I am willing but I can't guarantee any answers. I will do my best though," she said with a somewhat comforting smile. Valery knew he wanted the answers and while it could be unpleasant to her, she was confident that she could get through it well enough. She just hoped it would actually get him answers, and not ones that would only make him feel worse.
Valery then walked over and sat down on her knees between the two bodies, making sure that a sudden overwhelming feeling couldn't knock her out the way it had in the Jungle. She took a deep breath and readied herself, but there was one more thing that needed to be said.
"While I have no idea what I'll see, I'm sure the emotions of their final moments will be... intense. No matter how I respond to it, do not touch me and try not to interrupt it. I'm going to be okay, even if it doesn't seem that way," she assured him before turning her head back to the bodies.
The woman's eyes then closed and for a first attempt, she reached for the lightsabers to hopefully understand what happened here, and perhaps even what led up to it.
n0m34qi.png

"You have no idea how much this means. Simply trying is more than I could ask for." Kain had stood back upon and crossed his arms, looking at the other two skeletons he didn't recognize in the room. Stanger One and Two. While Valery was diving into the past of his Mother and Father, he'd look for clues in the present about Strager One and Two.

"While I have no idea what I'll see, I'm sure the emotions of their final moments will be... intense. No matter how I respond to it, do not touch me and try not to interrupt it. I'm going to be okay, even if it doesn't seem that way," He watched as Valery stretched her hand out, he'd listen to her, and in the event she took a turn for the worse at least he'd be there in spirit.

Kain began searching the other corpses, he found, a few galactic credits, dated almost twenty years ago. That meant the timeline matched up to about two years after his Dad had taken him in, well that was at least according to the information he'd actually heard from the man, Kain for sure knew he'd been with the Zabrak since before he could remember.

The blond kept rummaging, Kain's hand grasped something familiar. A Lightsaber, he raised it out pressing a button, and for a brief moment, the Crimson blade ignited before shorting out, his best guess was that Stranger One and Two were Sith, which made sense considering his vison earlier implied that mother was probably one of them and if his father was a Jedi. "Talk about uncomfortable family gatherings."He looked to his mother and father "So Folks, were these two the reason we never had any?"

He had formed his own version of events, Stranger One and Two had a deathmatch his Mom and Pops and there was simply no winner. For now, he'd let Valery keep trying for more details, while he stood and went to check the other room in the house.

n0m34qi.png
Valery offered a final smile at his words before her hands touched the two lightsabers, and instantly, her mind was drawn deep into the Force. Kain was conducting his own investigation and talked to her, but she seemed to be completely unresponsive to anything he said or asked.
She was immersed in a world constructed by memories and emotions of the past.
First, she saw a boy with his parents within the house they were currently in — they looked like a happy family, and she felt a sense of hope lingering within the two parents, one of which felt tainted by the Dark Side. But one flash of her mind later and she watched as another man took the boy away. There was a sadness she felt in the air but it seemed important to the parents he left behind.
Every transition between memories had gone smoothly and calmly thus far, but Valery could suddenly feel something darker emerging from the shadows of the past. She was forcefully pulled into a new memory that contained powerful emotions. A battle erupted with lightsabers violently clashing but two winners emerged.
However, it hardly felt like a victory at all to them — their hope was taken from them completely. The two finally turned to each other and very vividly, Valery could see their final moments together, interrupted only by the snap-hiss of their lightsabers that forced Valery back into the real world.
There, she found herself covered in sweat, breathing heavily, and with a hand grasping her chest. For a moment, it was as if all their emotions and their pain had become one with Valery, who fought every urge to crumble down to the floor.
"They..." she paused and tried to calm her breathing, "They were trying to protect you. Against them..." she gestured to the bodies of the Sith Acolytes on the floor, "And against whoever else would come after you. They sacrificed themselves for your future." Valery said as her eyes slowly were drawn up towards Kain.
n0m34qi.png

Giving Valery some space, Kain entered the bedroom, there was little in it Like it hadn't been touched. and on the dust-covered sheets a single code cylinder. The blond picked it up and looked over the binary loops, he could understand droid, but this was a bit different, he'd need to feed it into a console.

Wandering back into the room, he began towards Valery as she struggled to stay upright. "Force Val- placing the code cylinder he'd found into his pocket as she began her explanation. His head turned to the Sith, It'd made sense If there were people hunting his parents, the last place he should have been was with them. There was a part of him that wished he could've remembered what they were like, but Kain was content, they clearly cared about him, and knowing that was enough for now.

He then walked to Valery holding his hand out for her "Thanks V- Thank you, Valery, but are you alright? Do you need anything?" His eyes drifted to his parent's. Kain couldn't just leave them there like this, not after they gave their lives for him. That Unconditional love he'd been given time and time again, he wanted to pay it forwards, once Valery was steady he'd give them a burial.

n0m34qi.png
"I'm alright," Valery assured him with a gentle smile while she accepted his hand and pulled herself back up to her feet. The memories she had seen were incredibly intense and she stood a little less stable for a few seconds, but the worst was behind her and she quickly regained her balance.
"I knew it was going to be difficult but it was well worth the trouble," she looked away and to the bodies within the room. It was always a strange thing to see the past and future so soon after each other, but it no longer affected her the way it did when she first studied the ability. She was in control of herself and her use of the Force now.
"Do you want to take the bodies and bury them outside somewhere? Perhaps bring their lightsabers as reminders of who they were and what they've done to protect you?" she asked with a smile. It was completely up to him but she would help him regardless of the decision he'd make.
"We can also take a look around and maybe collect some old pictures they kept here."
n0m34qi.png

Pulling her to her feet, Kain couldn't express how grateful he was. Hopefully he'd be able to pay it forward, but even then Kain wasn't sure he could ever make up for what Valery had done.

"I think you might've read my mind, I would like to give them a cremation, in front of the house should be perfect." Moving to his Mother, gathering her remains carefully and bundling her in her clothing. "I quickly checked the house while you were taking a dive. Couldn't find anything besides a code cylinder" He then picked up her saber and hooked it onto his belt before motioning to his father.

"I'm going to bring her outside and start gathering some materials" HIs mind was racing, building a funeral pyre would more than help him figure some stuff out. Kain carefully lifted the bundle of clothing, walking outside the house, he began pacing the close-by forest for materials. Now was about the time he needed a moment alone, Kain had processed their deaths, he was content knowing their decision let him live a semi-normal life.

Kain thought his parent's decision was a bit irrational but at the end of the day between constantly running and needing to keep Kain a secret, he'd understood why they chose what they did. This whole situation was surreal, he knew what they were doing here and how their story ended, but why did it start? How did they meet, why were they running from sith, and why choose to hide on a backwater planet. All things he would find answers for in good time.

n0m34qi.png
"I'll help you set it up," she said, agreeing that a cremation just outside the house would be a nice gesture. So while he carefully took his mother's remains, Valery moved to very carefully bring the father along. She knew this was important to Kain, so she wanted to be as respectful and proper as she could be.
"The Code cylinder might offer you more answers, but I'm not sure how to get into one. I could try slicing into it with my glove, but it's a very basic slicing device." Yeah... technology really wasn't her thing. The gloves she had held an integrated slicing tool that she had gotten as a gift from a friend. But she still wasn't the best at it.
The bodies of the parents were laid down together outside moments later, and that's when she finally did give him some time to himself. To think and figure out what his next steps were going to be. Valery used the time to lean back against the walls of the house and catch her breath.
She was quite tired and the use of Psychometry had done something with her that still lingered — something she preferred to not talk about too much. A hand came up to her face and slid into her hair, where it stayed as her eyes closed. Until he returned, she'd focus inwards and steady her breathing.
n0m34qi.png

Finally finding enough material, he walked back to his companion who was looking nearly as bad as he had earlier that day, and even then Kain knew the code cylinder could wait, for now focusing on the matter at hand would help more than anything. Kain began building a small raised platform with dried-up vines, fallen leaves, and the best wood he could find.

"Hey about your offer, don't worry about it. I can crack it on my ship later, you just- relax, yeah? And be here in spirit maybe?"He gave an approving smirk

The shape was coming together. The Blonde was wrapping the branches in dried vines, the dead leafs being bundled and shoved under the platform to help it burn up, and before he knew it it was done, First, he moved his father placing him down gently and taking his lightsaber, Kain had wanted to say something, but he'd hadn't even known them, what would he say? Walking to his mother, and moving her onto the slightly elevated Pyer, he'd placed them side by side as close as they were when he'd found them.

King always knew his 'thing', Always having something to say, whether it was snarky, sincere, pessimistic, or optimistic. He'd always been able to find the words. now, while he'd unloaded his blaster preparing to use the power pack as an ignition source, he was simply at a loss.

"I uhh- I guess I owe you two my life... In more ways than one, you both clearly loved me and cared about my well-being, and for that, all I can do is continue living the life you both gave me. I'm taking care of myself, I eat well and I'm happy with my life- I just wish I could've known the people you were, and let you see the person I've become, and hopefully, that's a person I think you'd both be proud of-"

there was so much more to add, but kain knew they were around, one with the living force. Finally kneeling down to light the tinder.

n0m34qi.png
Hearing him approach, Valery opened her eyes and pushed herself away from the wall to look a little less worn out, but he had still noticed. It was honestly difficult to not notice it at this point so she simply sighed and nodded, "Yeah, I'll take it easy and give you some space here. I'll see you back at the ship, okay?"
She offered Kain a gentle smile afterward and stepped away, allowing him to build up the rest of the pyre and position the bodies of his parents. A few times in her past, Valery had created such pyres herself for the deaths of Padawans or her former Master, and she knew from those experiences that the moment alone was a necessary thing. It was an opportunity to remember, cherish and say goodbye, so one could move forward again in life.
So while Kain prepared the pyre and lit it, she began moving back towards the ship. Now that she remembered the way, it wouldn't take too long to get there, and she knew he'd join her again when he felt ready. Stepping inside after making her way there, Valery sat down in the co-pilot seat and finally took a moment to herself as well.
She felt a deep pain inside and with the little rest and peace she got, she focused on suppressing it again. By the time Kain would return, she'd hopefully be feeling a lot better.
n0m34qi.png

Embers began to spread, Kain taking a few steps, the tinder underneath was slowly turned into an orange glow. it'd been years since he'd built a Pyre, strangely it'd provided some clarity. Suddenly e new feeling His head turned towards the jungle. was it the other location he'd seen? Or something watching him? the feeling slowly dissipated and he returned to the moment.

He looked down at the lightsabers in his hands. Valery had walked away moments before, and now he wanted to know if what he'd seen was correct. pressing the ignitions. His mother's red and his father's Blue, and after a moment both blades shorted out. "So, my mother and Father knew my master and pops." What did that mean for them. he banished the thought, it would do anything to help his mental state.

Making his way back to the Slate Runner, his Trek though the jungle was quiet, with a few animal noises and the sound of the forests keeping him company. From here though they'd go find the second facility, or at least try. Kain remembered the star line up and it was very clearly a place on the planet, they still had a few hours of darkness left and he'd use it to help Valery the best he could. he had a good feeling.

Walking into the clearing Kain's head turned to the tree line, his gut sunk down as saw what looked like a woman lying on the floor, and standing over her was a black robbed individual Kain reached for his saber, but before he realized it the individual was bringing a crimson blade to his face, and then the blonde blinked, He was gone, there was no woman. Kain had another vision. though the meaning behind this one was lost on him, taking a moment to compose himself, he walked into the ship

He saw Valery in the co-pilot seat he announced himself. "Hey. You uhh, feeling a bit better?" Kain walked past the pilot seat and began the start-up process.

n0m34qi.png
Valery had no real concept of time anymore, as she sat within the co-pilot seat with her eyes closed and her mind focused inwards. While Kain had been busy with the pyre, she had controlled the swirling chaos within herself, and soon enough the pain caused by the parasite within her had faded. She knew it would come back again, as it always did when she heavily drew on the Force, but for now, she felt like she could breathe again.
So when he eventually returned and stepped into the cockpit, she opened her eyes and nodded, "I feel better but more importantly... are you okay?" she asked, her inquisitive eyes taking a good look at him. It was only logical that burning the bodies of his parents and saying goodbye would be difficult, but she wanted to make sure nothing else lingered that he might need to get off his chest or deal with one way or another.
"For now, maybe we should return to the city? I'll then head to my apartment to get some sleep and we can think about what we do next tomorrow. I imagine you might want to get some rest and time to yourself too." she proposed with a warm smile.
n0m34qi.png

"I feel better but more importantly... are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm not sure okay is the word..." He would definitely need time to process but he'd be alright with a bit of time, right now he was just in the acceptance stage. He'd learned what he wanted, and instead of feeling better, there was still an emptiness that was lingering. "I'm- Processing. I don't know, I'm not sad just- I don't know..." Though he sounded uncertain Kain gave Valery a reassuring smile, he'd deal.

Sitting in the chair and began typing in the coordinates, before she'd make another suggestion. perhaps rest would be for the best, their past twenty-four hours hadn't exactly but the most relaxing. He'd clear out the GPS and set it for the city of Iziz, he did;t know how long it would take to find the other location, or if it even had anything to do with Valery, and since he was determined to help her by repaying his debt, taking it slow would be better than missing something because they rushed around.

"That is a fantastic plan." Reaching upwards he engaged the thrusters, the ship lurched off the ground as they started to pull away. "Wanna Fly?"
His head tilled to the side with a curious look.

n0m34qi.png
"You're trying to find a place for it," Valery said softly as he tried to explain the way he was feeling. Of course, she couldn't be sure about it but she had experienced loss many times before, and after accepting it, giving it a place to rest always came next. Only then one would be able to really move forward in life.
But for now, he seemed to be holding up well enough and the two were just about ready to take off again when he offered for her to fly the ship. She smirked and the orange eyes that turned to him had a fire burning inside of them — that had definitely caught her attention.
"Now that's an offer I can't refuse," Valery grinned and when he transferred the controls to her, she would slowly try to get a feel for it. As a fighter pilot, she was used to small ships that were quick and agile, so a somewhat larger vessel that responded a bit slower due to its mass took some getting used to. "I'll take us back to Iziz, and maybe I can contact you when I'm ready to look for that facility?" she asked.
"I have some friends who might be able to help and with how dangerous that place can be... it might be a good idea if I can get them to help out."
n0m34qi.png

Kain felt the ship rock slightly as she took off, stifling a laugh he restricted throttle power ever so slightly so Valery didn't accidentally slam them into the side of a mountain... that would make for an unfortunate end. However, after a few moments in the air, she seemed to be catching on.

Twisting in his chair Kain nodded at her, help would definitely come in handy, while he's a good pilot and mechanic, there were still plenty of skills they were both missing, and breaking into a science lab- More specifically understanding what happened inside would be a bit above his pay grade. "Sure, that works for me. You have my contact information feel free to hit me up anytime!."

The mention of danger piqued Kain's interest, a concerning look followed by an 'oh boy' smirk was all he could muster. She'd mentioned they'd put a parasite into her but nothing was ever said about it being unsafe, then again the whole Jungle was technically 'unsafe'. "Hey, the more people tag along, the less horror story this whole thing gets... I think."

He'd hope that the coming days wouldn't be too bad. After all, In this ship alone was Valery and himself, respectfully a woman he assumed was either a practiced Jedi Knight or possibly even a Master, and then himself who'd become a Knight just before leaving the order. Outside the window of his ship, he watched as the trees passed by, like an ocean in the darkness.

n0m34qi.png
Valery was clearly enjoying the moment she was given to pilot the ship, and the more she got used to how it handled, the further that excitement grew. Despite it though, she was able to focus on the conversation as well and offered Kain a warm smile, "I appreciate it and I'm pretty sure I'll need the help soon." she said before she looked ahead, as the city of Iziz began to appear on the horizon.
The view of a jungle world at night was always incredible to Valery, and the architecture of Onderon was incredibly beautiful as well. So for just a moment, she watched it all get closer with a smile on her face.
"What do you plan to do next?" Valery then asked as she began the approach to land his ship on the designated Landing Pad, "It might take a while until I'm ready to head back for that facility. Are you going to look into your family more or do you plan to head off Onderon for a while?"
n0m34qi.png

The city coming into view was good closure for the night, Valery had adjusted to his ship decently well. Her comment seemed to welcome his help, and he'd be there to provide for his new friend.

"What do you plan to do next?" She asked as the ship descended. Kain observed the instruments to ensure a safe landing, but Valery handled it.
Shutting down the ship Kain pondered her question, he wasn't sure what would come next but preparing for their eventual dive into the jungle was on his list. he'd wanted to help Valery with her hitchhiker to the best of his ability, and though he was no doctor he could at least try and help her overcome the issue.

"Honestly I don't know. I think- I feel like there's more to their story, but at the same time letting a sleeping wompa lie might be for the best."
The engine's low hum stopped, Kain stood and began towards the boarding ramp. "I tend to just go with the flow, whenever I make a plan it typically falls apart. What about you? Any plans besides preparation?"

n0m34qi.png
"Go with the flow, hm?" Valery chuckled and followed him back through the ship after the engines had powered down. There were times in her life when she was in the same position, and this whole situation with the parasite was certainly one of them. Normally, she was fully in control of things, and able to plan ahead and follow strict routines.
But everything had changed for her.
"Well, to be entirely honest, I think that's what I'll have to do as well. This parasite tends to interrupt or ruin any plans I make, so I'm just going to try and focus on that, and live my life the best I can." She smiled faintly but it was clear that it bothered her a great deal as well. Of course, she wasn't one to really show that much though.
Valery then paused just outside his ship and turned back to look at him, "Thanks for your help and company the last two days, Kain. I'm sure we'll see each other again, hm?"
n0m34qi.png

Kain was now more determined than ever to pay Valery back for her assistance in the jungle. He was simply lost looking for something that would most likely have no end in sight, and while he wanted to know more, there was definitely a part of Kain that was aware he'd probably never find the answers to his questions.

However, unlike Kain, Valery was in such a situation that she had little to no control over the course of her life, leaving her to solve that problem while he was perfectly capable of helping would never sit right with him."Oh please Miss, the pleasure was all mine, I even learned a thing or two, mostly to watch where I'm walking..." A sly smirk appeared as he stood atop the ramp shrugging, almost reveling in his interpretation of said lesson. "You better count on us seeing each other again, even if you find a way to get rid of that hitchhiker... I'd like to repay this somehow."

He gave a slight bow, reminiscent of how those in the order would, though it didn't last, standing up straight, he gave a cheese smile followed by a slight wave and made his way back to the cockpit.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom