Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Back to Onderon

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Factory Link
Lightsabers: Link!
Tag: Kain Aldore Kain Aldore
"Agreed, it's worth looking into it regardless of what it is," Valery said with a nod of her head. "I doubt you saw this hut in your vision if it wasn't relevant somehow." She smiled but still wondered about this facility he mentioned. Was it related to his parents as well? Or did he somehow see something tied to what she was looking for?
Valery had no idea so the best way to find out was to just keep moving forward.
"I can assure you that I'm not Sith," she smirked, having often heard people comment about it. Aside from the strange color, the big difference was that she could see IR and UV light as well, rather than what humans called the visible light spectrum. "As for traveling, let's take your ship and get as close as possible. The last stretch we can manage on foot easily enough, I'm sure."
With that, they had everything planned out — finally, they were getting closer to helping him learn about his past, and she felt that it was also helping her get closer to learning about her own past, and the friends who may still be alive within that facility. She then turned to head for the cockpit with him and for a moment, she considered bringing up what she had felt from him in the Jungle earlier.
But for now, she decided against it. They had enough to worry about.
"Alright captain, lead the way and get us there," she said with her signature smirk.
n0m34qi.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

When the Jedi agreed Kain was ecstatic, he motioned around to the ship's interior doors, giving each room a designation. "Kitchen, common room, med-bay slash airlock, there's the armory with a few spare blasters, the hyperdrive is there, that's the bunk rooms, and last but most importantly the cockpit. Now you have the run of the place."

Kain walked off to the cockpit, from here it'd be a while before they arrived near the hut. Hitting a few buttons he'd point at the two chairs beside him "Co-Pilot position is on the right, Air traffic and Avionics is on the left, pop a seat wherever"

After a few more pre-flight checks and sending the take-off notice to the control tower, Kain grabbed the throttle and control stick, pulling on the stick and pushing on the throttle the ship lifted smoothly, they took off int the direction his eyes looking to the stars as they traveled through the rich atmosphere

Keeping his hand on the flight stick looking to Valery, now that she brought attention to them, her eyes were like black holes, breaking the gaze he'd look back to some instruments and make sure they were on track "I can see those eyes of yours raising questions, especially amongst the Jedi... form what I remember they were, cautious..."

n0m34qi.png
"Palace hm?" she teased a little, but she could tell that he was quite proud of his ship and didn't blame him for it. A mobile home like this quickly grew on you, perhaps more so than some apartment or house one would occasionally visit between missions or trips. With a ship, you were almost always home.
Valery then followed him into the cockpit and plopped down in the co-pilot seat, from where she glanced over the instruments. She didn't really expect her help to be necessary on a straightforward flight, but having a general idea of the console layout was never a bad thing either.
"Quite like this ship of yours. Has everything you'd ever need and feels cozy."
She had her eyes turned to him and didn't shy away from keeping eye contact while they spoke. He then met her gaze and broke it moments later before commenting on the way she looked at him. "Cautious is... one way to put it. My training was far more extreme about it and I'm still very careful. You likely should be, too." She really didn't want to start lecturing him or get into it too much, but using the Dark Side one way or another was clearly always something she considered a bad thing.
Leaning back into her chair, she finally turned her own gaze out towards the stars and waited for their arrival at the hut. This was going to be a rather interesting night.
n0m34qi.png

He tried to hide the blush that flooded his face. The ship was definitely home to him and the last bit of any family he had. "That's the design my father and I had in mind when we made her, to be a home, I just wish he'd seen the final product."

Now in the low atmosphere, he increased the thrust. they'd be there sooner than he originally expected.

Then Valery brought it up, his mishap earlier when he used the dark side, except it was no mishap, infact it was entirely intentional, but when she brought it up, Kain expected a scolding or a threat, but a warning of good intent. That left a smile on his face, the first person since his former masters to help him over forcing Kain to shut it away in a box, that was part of the reason he left the order, he knew he'd never be able to contain or shut off the 'darkness' and he'd rather avoid any conflict altogether.

He might as well tell her, she'd probably find out sooner or later. "I know, and usually I am, Just- Well let's say I don't go using that side of the force in front of every Jedi I meet..." Leave it all in the open, that was the plan. after all, he trusted her, and Kain wanted that to go both ways.

n0m34qi.png
She smirked a little when she noticed him blushing at her comments about the ship, but it shifted into a more gentle smile when he mentioned his father. Valery hardly remembered her parents, but the idea of working towards something with those close to you, only for them to pass away... yeah, she knew that feeling.
"I'm sure he would have been proud that you built it," she said with a more comforting tone.
He then explained his use of the Dark Side, which made it clear that it had been intentional. Back in the day, Valery would have likely tried to kill him at this point, but things had changed. She had changed.
"I see." she pursed her lips in thought for a moment. "Whether you believe it or not, I do think you can achieve the same things without turning to it. Might not be as... easy, but I know you can," she said without further explaining. "I'm not your mother though, so I'm not going to lecture you more or try to change you now." Valery chuckled.
"But I'd be lying if I said that I'm not hoping you'll genuinely try."
n0m34qi.png

Yeah, Kain knew, that might be the answer, however, it wasn't that simple. "I have. This is something I've been dealing with since my master found me years ago." He was hoping his explanation would suffice, but it was hard describing what felt like an internal organ to him, and something to avoid by many others, or embrace. but he simply lived with it, it was there just like the Light was.

"What I experience, it's hard to explain but, Val it's different for me. The Dark Side I mean... though I don't like to call it that."He gripped the flight stick, this was hard, she was the first person he'd explained this to in years "It doesn't draw me in, it's not addictive and I feel no compulsion to use it. but the 'Dark Side' is a part of me, like a tool I'm capable of using. I don't know... I've learned to live with it."

A small blinking button appeared. They had arrived, he reached up flipping a switch, and pulled back on the throttle she ships lowering to a small opening in the jungle. He'd stand and looked out the window, she'd been right earlier, it was really dark out there, for now, he hit a button on a console, the ship's three-sixty exterior lights kicked on, the jungle glowing for the first few hundred feet through the view-port. "should be out there, close... ish. I hope"

n0m34qi.png
While he explained more about his connection to the Force, specifically the Dark Side, Valery remained mostly quiet. A slight frown covered her features but she nodded a few times in response. Clearly, the whole thing was hard to accept for her, and she still didn't really know how to feel about it. But she also didn't particularly feel like getting into it too much — not now.
"I suppose so. Just... be careful." she offered a weak smile and turned her gaze forward, out the window so she could mentally prepare herself and move forward. They had a big task to focus on, and she didn't want this topic to draw their ability to focus away.
When they finally settled and the lights activated, Valery squinted and got up from her seat. "If you show me the general direction, we can use your lightsaber for light up-close and I'll do my best to see what's ahead of us. Of course, our senses can warn us as well," she said with a more emotionless tone, one she often had when things were getting more serious.
"Lead the way."
n0m34qi.png

he was careful, he'd seen before how it affected others and Kain knew how it sounded. When other people would explain it always sounded like a corrupting force, even when his dark Jedi mentor was helping him, the explanations weren't on the track. Hopefully, Valery understood,

"Lead the way."
"Right. let's go." Once outside the ship, Kain was performing the thousand-yard stare, not only did he know the way from coordinates, but there was a feeling, like the attraction of a magnet.

He started off in the supposed direction of the hut, noises radiated towards them, the jungle was alive, but there was little danger to any of it. After a few minutes of walking the light from the ship began to fade, Kain unholstered the Lightsaber raising the hilt into the air, his thumb pressing down, the activator switch giving way, the blade igniting as the forest was illuminated with the green hue.

"Shouldn't be too far now..."

n0m34qi.png
Stepping outside his ship, Valery shook away any lingering feelings from their earlier conversation. She had noticed his focused gaze, and she knew that for this to go well, she'd have to also be focused on what was ahead. The jungle could be dangerous, especially at night, and who knows what they'd find out there.
"I can't see anything yet," Valery said as they drew closer.
The light from his weapon briefly caused her to blink so her eyes could adjust again, but she still saw nothing. The beasts of Onderon were either asleep or they didn't bother attacking while Kain had his lightsaber out. Likely a combination of both.
"Getting close? The hut must be hidden pretty well... I don't really see anything out there yet." she whispered.
n0m34qi.png

After a while of walking, they reached the spot that was calling to him, at first Kain thought perhaps his judgment was off? Looking around, it felt as if he was absorbed by it. His eyes glazed over, letting dropped the saber to his side, something forced its way into his mind. Two people, A man with brown hair in black and grey robes and a woman with blond hair and eyes, sith eyes. They were stood in the middle of this forest in an embrace looking down at something in their arms, Kain took a step forwards, a closer look was all he wanted, but it only led to him stepping away from the vision.

He spun trying to get a hold of his previous surroundings, he looked at Valery then down to the saber in his hand, the eerie feeling dissipated. "I was mistaken, but I do believe I just experienced another vision. Two people, standing where we are." The feeling was merely a stopping point, a momentary pause in their journey, he felt it again, but this time the attraction felt further. they had quite the way to go.

"At least this means we're on the right trail. I think?"

Kain knew, he knew what these visions were implying, but trusted none of what he saw, for the blonde, it needed to be hard evidence.

Glancing to Valery as they continued onwards he looked back several times before he couldn't bite his tongue any longer, he knew the force had a hand in their meeting, but with that came some implications, and he was simply curious "Hey, Valery. You alluded to being on Onderon for a place tied to the planet, and if you don't mind me asking. It's more than just that, Isn't it?"

n0m34qi.png
The two moved forward through the jungle but when they drew closer to where he was guiding them, Valery noticed that he stopped and for a brief moment, it felt as if he had entered a different world. He saw something, another vision, or perhaps some kind of memory that flashed back into his mind?
"Two people standing here?" she looked around and nodded in understanding. "We're definitely on the right trail," Valery said in confirmation before she continue to follow him. While this had been a fantastic first step, it was only the start of a trail they'd have to follow until the end.
After a little while longer of walking, Kain turned to her and asked the question she had been expecting to come up at some point. Her gaze turned to him and after a moment of considering what to say, she nodded.
"I was technically born a long time ago, in the days of the Old Republic, but after a battle here on Onderon, I ended up in a stasis pod. The intent had been to keep me in hibernation while some injuries could be treated, but nobody ever returned to find me. At least, not until about 2 years ago, when a Jedi helped me out of there." Valery began to explain.
"But recently, I've been seeing... visions. They show me the faces of old friends inside that facility, and now I intend to find out what happened to them. I have to confront my past here."
"The other side to my problem is that the scientists also experimented on those inside the pods. They placed a parasite within me that has been slowly breaking me down," she said with a frown as her eyes turned away. "That's not a problem I'll be able to solve here though, but one step at a time."
n0m34qi.png

Her story was incredible, and after hearing the tale, Kain wished there was more he could do for her, that's why he hated prying, he'd always felt bad, imagining he brought up things people wouldn't want to remember or even having his assistance rejected.

"So, for definition's sake, you and your friends are nearly three thousand years old?" That was kinda crazy to think about, and the severity of it almost made his current situation seem trivial.

A parasite that's breaking her down, why, what was the point? Kain figured knew the answer to that, he looked at his own hands, it was the same with engineering, in order to understand how something works, the first step is to deconstruct it. Sadness filled him, and perhaps a hint of rage, when it came to machines, they could be put back together exactly how they were, in Valery's case, she was sentient, how someone could even find justification to commit such an act was barbaric.

The blonde ran out of words, the usual comments from the peanut cantina had crept to silence, Kain had nothing to say, yet he tried to find the words, simply looking back at her, the glow from her eye providing a bit of clarity. There was so much to take in about her situation, and yet, here she was helping him instead. Valery was a good person.

"Thank you." He simply kept walking keeping their light source above his head, massaging a cramp from his bicep once in a while. they had to be close, or at least Kain hoped that was the case.

n0m34qi.png
"Well over four thousand years old, actually." she said with a soft chuckle, "But I certainly don't feel that old... luckily." With a slight smirk, she continued moving forward but she could tell that her story had affected him a bit. The stasis part was often quite wild to people, but she had long accepted it and the way she talked about it made it clear that it didn't bother her anymore.
The parasite though... it was likely the scariest thing that has ever happened to her. Not because she feared death, but the thought of leaving behind those she cared about was painful.
"Here, let me take over." Valery pulled out her lightsaber and ignited the violet blade, allowing him some rest for his arm. He was also their guide at this point, so she wanted him to be able to focus on just that, and not worry about his arms getting sore. But when he thanked her not long after, she briefly paused and blinked, her gaze turning back to him.
"No need to thank me, I'm glad I can help. I'm quite sure I'll be able to handle my problems one way or another, so spending some time to help someone else with theirs feels... rewarding."
n0m34qi.png

Chuckling to the comment about her youth, he could only imagine. Kain knew some species lived for a millennium, but four was amusing and nearly bone-chilling, and at the end of the day, what would all the life actually account to, maybe no one would know.

He put his blade away, her offer to take over was tantamount to coming up for air. Kain sheathed the blade and wiped his stubble, he kept walking on, the sensation was odd to explain like his legs were tried and he was stumbling down a hill, except he knew the only thing under him was the flat jungle floor.

"Well. You're a better person than most."Her explanation was sincere, Kain never really had anyone to open up to, and from her reaction earlier. she probably wouldn't judge him too harshly Why bubble it up? It was time to pay it back.

"The people I saw a moment ago. I think they were my folks. At least they definitely looked related to me."

n0m34qi.png
Valery chuckled and offered a kind smile at his words, "Well, I'm glad you think so. If people were more helpful towards each other in general, so many problems could be avoided." she said but Valery was a very realistic woman and knew what the Galaxy was truly like, and what some people were capable of. The fact that after 4 thousand years war still plagued the Galaxy made that rather clear to her.
"I have a feeling you saw your parents as well. The vision took us here for a reason, and if they looked similar enough in appearance... then we might be on the right track." she briefly turned her gaze to him and considered asking more about his parents, but for now, she decided against prying into that part of his life.
Instead, a simpler topic would be better to learn more about him.
"I don't believe I've asked earlier, but what keeps you busy usually? A spacer maybe?" she narrowed her eyes at him, almost as if she were analyzing him based on appearance to see what could possibly be a fitting job.
n0m34qi.png

He'd mostly threw that out there hoping to hear some doubt from Valery, but he should've known that wouldn't be the case. A woman with sith eyes and a man in brown robes, were they really his parents though? The force worked in ways they'd never understand. Was what he saw solely based on the guess Kain had made from the evidence his father and master had found? Sooner or later he'd figure it out.

"Spacer probably is the best word" Kain honestly didn't know how to describe what he did. Up until a few months ago he was working for mecrcs against the Byrn'adul, granted that wasn't the case anymore. "I do freelance work, picking up jobs wherever. If I can work on any sort of machinery that's up my alley. Sometimes I scavenge, sometimes I collect and sell artifacts. Honestly whatever pays my fuel bill I'll usually take. Though I typically jump at jobs where I'm stuck in an engine room or pilot seat." He stepped over a fallen branch, and glared around the jungle, it was definitly getting closer now.

A few more steps past the branch a thoud sound of snapping wood and Kain suddenly dropped a few inches. Defensively reigniting his light saber He looked down, It was simply the jungle. The blonds leg had dropped through a few inches of overgrown brush and vines and he was suken down to his upper thigh. Trying the pull himself out, the G-force straps of Kains flight suit were caught on the thorns and branches and he couldn't budge "Fantastic..."

n0m34qi.png
"That so?" Valery asked as her gaze turned to him with a smirk.
"Might have to get you to look at my ship sometime, then. I can handle the small repairs and basic maintenance, but some believe I could make an analog clock crash. Technology, engineering... not really my thing." she chuckled and quickly turned her gaze down as branches began snapping underneath their boots.
The last thing she wanted was to fall and end up on her-
She blinked as Kain suddenly stepped on a group of branches and vines that snapped, and caused him to drop a few inches. His lightsaber ignited and Valery moved back just a little to be safe. But luckily, it didn't seem like he had hurt himself — he was just stuck in place.
"Need some help there?" she was clearly quite amused by his situation.
n0m34qi.png

"Wha- No. why would you even ask me that?" He was trying to keep his composure with a wide smile, meanwhile, Kain had put away his saber and was pushing against the ground as hard as possible. Some more snapping sounds and he could feel his leg starting to wriggle free, that was before the ground started giving way under his hands.

"Just fethin- You know Valery when you said the jungle was dangerous, I was thinking more hordes of flesh-hungry Mynocks and wild Bluurgs, less death by pitfall." reaching out his hand, a vine came down from the canopy, gripping with both hands it like a vice, Kain pulled himself upwards, and inch by inch he'd fully removed himself from the hole. After a few precise swings and walking with the tip of his toes, he reached solid ground letting go of the vine

"That was probably a bit more fun to watch than experience, but we should be close now." Several more minutes of walking and they came to a hill that dropped to a small opening and under the moonlight, the shape of a small house was visible, though it was almost entirely encompassed by overgrown vines and shrubbery

"Well, it looks a bit different from this angle, but that's definitely it."

n0m34qi.png
She was totally going to help him...
But then it seemed like he had it under control, and she figured it would be more amusing to watch him try and get out of the trouble he was in. And she was right — it was very entertaining. "There are dangerous animals as well, but none as great a threat as little holes in the ground," she said with a smug expression.
But when she saw him fall down even further, she began to feel a little bad and was about to extend a hand for him to grab when he decided to manipulate the vines around them. Valery blinked, stepped back, and looked at him as he climbed his way out of the pit that had formed underneath him.
"That was probably a bit more fun to watch than experience, but we should be close now," he said, and Valery just smirked at him as she turned in the direction he was guiding her to, "There are some leaves stuck in your hair, but yes... I think I can see it too." Valery replied as her Keshian eyes narrowed at the structure up ahead.
"If you prefer to take a look inside alone first, I understand." She then said with a more serious and caring tone, as her eyes turned to him. There was no way of knowing what exactly they'd find inside, but it could possibly be very personal and important to him. If he wanted privacy, she'd wait outside.
n0m34qi.png

With an innocent chuckle, he knocked the stowaways from his mane. Kain began to wander down the bank he'd think about her words.

Finally standing in front of the door, shrubbery entangled around it like a loose embrace. "Ya know-I came here prepared to do this alone. That's usually how I do things, alone. I'm a bit more comfortable that way." he began moving and pulling the greenery away from the door. "I finished my ship with the idea I'd never need a Co-pilot." after clearing it Kain took a blaster cartridge from his jacket; wiped the dirt off the control panel, unlatched the casing, and began rewiring it. "But now that I'm here In the moment. Unexpectedly I'm worried about opening this door and what I could end up learning." He'd hooked up the blaster cartridge to the door control; closing the panel casing and looking at Valery "So honestly I'd prefer if you came in with me."

As he hit the control, the cartridge drained to half-power and the door wrenched open. Kain took several steps into the room. It was a simple house that had been divided into two or three separate sections. He stood in what looked like a living area/ kitchen. On the walls were dusted over pictures of an older twi'lek woman and an astromech with her. Clearly not either of the people he'd seen."I don't know If I'm disappointed or if this was par for the course-" Something else felt off, his attention immediately shifted to one of two other doors. disregarding the current room Kain proceeded into the next.

The room was covered in saber scoring, four skeletons littered the room. Two lay at his feet in he didn't recognize who they were. The other two knelt in the middle of the room embracing each other. Their clothing was covered in saber burns, and unlike the others, Kain Immediately recognized them from their clothing as the man and woman he'd seen in his most recent vision. They were each holding Lightsabers, the ignition ends were pointed towards each other, and aside from the other numerous wounds, there were burn marks to match the trajectory.

A deep sigh was all he could muster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom