Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Back to Onderon

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Factory Link
Lightsabers: Link!
Tag: Kain Aldore Kain Aldore
So much has changed.
It was only about 2 years ago that Valery was rescued from deep stasis in some strange facility on Onderon, but she wasn't anything like the woman who crawled out of the stasis pod anymore. Her personal life had vastly changed, she was a totally different Jedi in some ways, but new obstacles had entered her life as well. Ever since that one mission with her Padawan Iris Arani Iris Arani on New Cov, she was going through intense moments of pain related to what she now understood to be a parasite placed within her.
It was slowly killing her and while these attacks on her life by the parasite were somewhat uncommon, she knew she had to act before it was too late. Visions at night had shown her horrible things on Onderon and after reaching out to one of the best doctors within the NIO, she finally decided it was time to make her return. Soon, others were going to be joining her as well to help find the facility and deal with both her medical condition and the visions related to her past, but first, she decided to travel there alone.
There were preparations to make.
Arriving at Iziz in her fighter, Valery had first arranged an apartment where she could live temporarily while she stayed on Onderon. But other supplies were needed as well, and thus she decided to head out into the large and famous market of Iziz. Normally, she would have quite enjoyed seeing it all again, but Valery was extremely weary, and it showed in the way she looked. Her posture still carried strength and confidence, but her fiery orange eyes showed clear exhaustion.
n0m34qi.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble
For his entire life Kain never once thought about who his real parents were, his adoptive father was all he ever had or needed, and knowing why he was orphaned never mattered to him. With age it seemed curiosity followed and he wanted to know who his parents were, specifically if they had anything to do with his connection to the force. After months of dead ends and hollow leads, Kain finally found a clue on Samovar, a box with a code cylinder that pointed directly towards Onderon, it wasn't much to go on, he even made the decision of where to land by dropping a pin on the holo-globe sending him right towards Iziz, from here it was like looking for a single Womprat in the dune sea.

Onderon happened to be smack dab in the center of Jedi Concord territory which wasn't ideal, but he knew alternatively there were worse places to be. After leaving the order Kain never thought he'd come back to this portion of space for something force-related, yet here he was. The box however wasn't Jedi in origin, in fact, all evidence was to the contrary, it has a very dark design with lightning bolts and thorns engraved over the entirety of the object.

Strolling through the market he figured some brain food and information about the box would be the best place to start. His sleeves were rolled to his shoulder, the top portion of the flight suit was scrunched around his waist and the G-force straps were tucked into his belt line concealing his lightsaber. Walking past stalls and shops with a shaak kabob in one hand and the intricately designed jewelry box in the other Kain was determined to learn something and he was willing to do anything for the information

n0m34qi.png
"Hmm," Valery muttered to herself while she ran through the shopping list in her head. She was going to need enough food for long trips into the jungle, medical supplies for emergencies, tools, and other survival equipment. Jungles were always tough terrain to go through, but her old Enclave had been built within a dangerous Jungle, so she had quite a lot of experience handling them.
Preparation combined with the right training was the key to making it.
But before she was going to get anything, she figured it would be a good idea to get herself something to eat. On an empty stomach, she'd only feel more drained and unable to plan things. So now, while she went through a couple of options for food in her head, she began to quickly pass through the market.
Sadly though, she moved a little too fast. With her head still in the clouds, she didn't notice the person in front of her stopping and she walked straight into him from behind. It caused her to stumble back a few steps, before falling onto her butt rather uncontrolled.
"Ugh..." she clenched her jaw for a moment but quickly looked up to see who she had walked into.
"I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention..."
n0m34qi.png

The merchants were like record players, not a single one had any idea who might've made the box though that made sense, and even if someone did remember his parents or some random smith after two and a half decades, what were the chances any of the people in this market were part of that minority.

Throwing the kabob stick away he'd hit another dead-end 'Think I'd be used to it' the thought crossed through his mind, he stopped to examine the inside of the box, there had to be something he was missing he began mumbling "C'mon you damn-" Kain's concentration breaking abruptly as someone collided with him, the blonde stumbling to one knee making sure the box was safe, he looked over at the woman on the floor.

"Hey don't sweat it... one of those days huh?" Standing, brushing his leg off, Kain walked to the woman and held out his hand for her "More importantly, you alright?" She was clearly absorbed in thought, but Kain didn't make it better by standing in the middle of traffic.

n0m34qi.png
It was definitely one of those days for Valery.
Having hit the ground a bit hard, she grunted and looked up to see the taller blond man with his hand extended for her. She flashed a somewhat embarrassed smile and pulled herself up to her feet using his help.
"I'm alright, thank you," she said, the smile turning a bit brighter while she dusted off her outfit. But now that she was up to her feet and able to get a closer look at the man she had walked into, Valery found herself briefly staring at the box he held in his hand. The design caught her attention rather quickly, and feeling his presence in the Force, she got a bit curious.
"I hope I didn't damage it?" she asked, her fiery orange eyes shifting up towards him.
n0m34qi.png

While helping the woman to her feet, Kain's eyes never broke contact with hers, their orange hue was reminiscent of a sith, but at the same time, they were distinctly different.

Nodding his head to her response Kain lifted the box examining the hinges on the lid that had definitely snapped, nothing that would bother him, in fact, he seemed to be drawn by it, and hidden on the seem was what looked like a makers mark.

"Well, I'm glad you did!" His smile was pure, he'd have ample time for that later, for now he was absorbed by the feeling he had when he helped her up, It'd been a while since that'd happened, he figured she'd probably be able to help him or at least hoped. "You Wanna grab some grub?"Pointing to several of the stalls, a few of them selling questionable food.

n0m34qi.png
When Valery made eye contact with the man, she stopped and blinked. She had looked at the box in his hands earlier and gotten a strange feeling from it — now it seemed to be coming from him as well. It was as if the Force had made them run into each other for a reason.
After a moment though, she snapped back to reality when he made an offer, and she responded with a smile. "That sounds good to me. Although I'm not really sure what they sell here, and if it's any good." she chuckled and gestured for him to lead the way to the food stalls.
"I'm Valery, by the way." she decided to add.
n0m34qi.png

What was he supposed to say to her? Kain almost expected Valery to have all the answers but that would be ridiculous. Maybe he'd start with the box? Yeah and tell her that he had to use the dark side to open it, that would do anything but gain him confidence points. Telling Valery he used to be a Jedi, was also off the table, that was a can of worms that he'd rather forget existed. Food first.

“Kain, a pleasure.” he strolled off towards the closest stall which was selling was some sort of roasted avian legs, and behind him another one selling a green chowder-like bowl, to which he simply shook his head."Think I'd rather starve" glancing at Valery for a look of approval.

At this point, Kain was becoming concerned that any stalls they were going to visit could be serving actual grub. he would have kept looking except the box began doing something new, it felt like a magnet in his hand, the real question was If Val could tell. None of that mattered though, he was decidedly trying forego paying it any attention in place of sustenance.

n0m34qi.png
While they walked towards the first food stall, Valery looked down at the box in his hands again — it felt familiar in a way, but she couldn't quite place it. Maybe she had seen an artifact like it before? Or was it just the Force drawing her to it as well for some reason? Either way, those questions could be answered later.
She wasn't quite sure how much he was to be trusted yet.
So for now, she focused back on the food stall they approached, and made a face that showed her disgust. Looking up at him again, she smirked and nodded in agreement, "Luckily we can survive without food for quite a while. No need to torture ourselves with this." she joked before her eyes wandered around to find something different. After a moment, she spotted something.
"Oh this looks better." she said with a bright smile as she looked at the wide variety of meat they offered. She wasn't sure what animals they were from, but it smelled good so she ordered herself some.
"So uh, that box of yours." Valery began after a moment while she waited for her food. "I can tell it's not just an ordinary box but something about it feels strangely familiar. What is it, if you don't mind me asking?"
n0m34qi.png

"Agreed" Thankfully she was resonable, and to top it off had a great choice in food. Kain was almost frothing at the mouth from the scen't or steak.

While Valery was looking over the menu his gaze was drifting to the other merchant stalls keeping a close eye out for the makers mark he'd just found kept an eye out for any stalls bearing the makerss mark he'd just found found, with nothing in the vicinity bearing much resemblance Valerys cut into his head

Simply picking the first thing on the menu that popped at him, though he really had no idea what he'd orderd.

Looking at the metallic object with his on hint of curiosity, it became abruptly apparent to him how little he knew about the box, most of the rest was guess work."Good question, From what I can tell its one of the only clues to who my parents were."It was curious that she said familiar, though Kain was guessing why. "It's constructed like a Holocron and inside was a star-compass- I thought it had rusted shut when i'd found it." Guessing Valery would be able to decern some information from that, but at this point keeping his identity a secret was second only to finding put who he was

n0m34qi.png
Valery grinned a little while she raised the food to her lips so she could take a bite, but her attention was focused on Kain despite it. He explained what he believed the box to be, and it caused her to stop eating for a moment. The way he explained it made her think. Could it be a..
"Is it a Wayfinder?"
Not long after she returned to the Galactic scene, Valery had retrieved one from a destroyed Maw Battlecruiser. It allowed the Galactic Alliance to learn about the Maw's whereabouts, and she had gotten a lot more experience handling them. It also meant she knew just how tricky they were.
"If so, you're possibly holding something that can be fairly dangerous." She used to be a Jedi Shadow — someone focused on finding and purging anything touched by the Dark Side. She understood its danger better than most other Jedi.
"But if you're trying to find your parents... I understand," she said before taking another bite. "It brought you here, I assume, but do you have any idea where to go next?"
n0m34qi.png

Taking his food and leaving enough credits to pay for both of their meals Kain stepped off to the side.

"Is it a Wayfinder?"

She'd picked up the clues like a book, not many people could pull that question out of the void, but he simply shook his head Kain gave an indecisive shrug. "Not exactly. This thing is more of a jewelry holder now. The cylinder I found inside it however- I do believe that is a way-finder."Kain knew exactly what he'd found, but it only took him as far as the planet's orbit, from there he felt like a headless wompa.

'danger be damned' The thought had hung in his mind since he found the object, originally he wasn't sure what to think, but now the origins of the device were linked to himself, and the implications behind that left an uneasy feeling in him.

Taking a bite out of his food while shaking his head no. "I have zero clue" kain wasn't about to admit this but his original plan ended if he couldn't find someone to help in the market. "Now I have this... feeling from the box, don't know what to do with that- I also found a jewelry mark of some sort which I don't recognize. How either of those are supposed to help is beyond me."

n0m34qi.png
She offered a grateful smile when he paid for her food as well, and stepped away from the stall so others could order food, and they could continue their conversation. The mention of a Wayfinder had sparked something in the man, which she picked up on with a curious tilt of her head.
He also confirmed what she thought already — Wayfinders often helped someone find a planet, especially if they were difficult to navigate to, but they didn't usually guide people to very specific locations.
"A feeling and a mark? Hmmm." she hummed. "The mark could be related to whoever crafted this. Maybe find some jewelry shops and see if any owners recognize it? As for the feeling... have you tried really following it? Regardless of where it seems to take you?"
n0m34qi.png

Valery made a good point, The mark would be much more identifiable than some design, but he couldn't imagine the dozens of Jewelry shops in town. He was determined, not obsessive, for now, the Jewelers would be spared his questions.

On the other hand, perhaps she was right, grab the sensation and run with it. "Well, I can definitely give it a shot."

Holding out the object, the feeling the box provided was new and unsettling, and when he tried to follow it the backlash of emotions was nearly blinding, nothing like this had happened to Kain before, he was nearly overwhelmed. The blonde could deal with the regret and sorrow he felt, subsequently, the flood of feelings clouded the path of least resistance "Force... that's a bit intense, whoever made this item was... Suffering? No, they were past that, I'm not sure I can describe the feeling appropriately."The darkness of the object was clear but it would throw off any attempts he'd make to follow.

Kain quit attuning to the object letting it be dormant once again, taking a breath and another bite of food, guessing that Valery might have felt it lash out at him. He hadn't used the force like that in a while, the closest thing to it was meditating with his saber, momentarily his sense was heightened, now clearly able to tell Valery was looking for something, Kain just hoped it wasn't him.

n0m34qi.png
She originally came to the market to prepare for her own journey on Ossus, something that would require a lot of preparation. But now, Valery was completely drawn into Kain's situation here, and watching him interact with the mysterious box really began to make her wonder. She felt the way it lashed out at him, the emotions that were tied to it, and how he decided to let it rest once he had experienced it as well.
"Hmm..." she muttered.
"I fear interacting with this Wayfinder might be really tricky, unless it's carefully purged. But that comes with risk as well." She looked up at him and wondered how far he was willing to go for this.
"But there's something darker about this box, and I'm not quite sure if you'll like where it's going to take you. If it was created here, it could even be tied to some of the Sith history of this planet. If you know where to look, remnants of old wars and tombs with Sith bodies can still be found." the Master said. She herself had fought here in the days of the Old Republic, so she was all too familiar with it.
"To an extent, I'm looking for something tied to that part of the planet's past as well. But my journey will be long, and maybe helping you will help me find what I'm looking for as well," she said — maybe that's why the two met? Rather than it being a coincidence, the Force had made their paths cross?
n0m34qi.png

Tags:​

A Reliving sigh left his lips, he was willing, he didn't view the force like others, while this device was certainly darker in nature Kain didn't mind, in fact, if anything he was glad it has some familiarity, and at this point, he figured there were worse things than finding out his parents were some kinda sith lords.

"Well... I don't exactly plan to stop because the box is angry." He jested giving Valery a carefree smile.

Kain Stuffed the object in his pocket to finish his meal. She had mentioned a long journey, and that was pretty much expected, but it had been a while since he took time for himself, perhaps fate and the will of the force had its own plan. To top it off he'd also learn some stuff and attempt to discover his heritage on the way. Valery had already given him more answers than he could ever ask for, and now he was presented with the chance to help her, he take it without a second thought.

"Well then, looks like we have quite the adventure ahead of ourselves. But that still leaves the question of- Where do we start?"

n0m34qi.png
"Well... I don't exactly plan to stop because the box is angry." He jested giving Valery a carefree smile.
Valery rolled her eyes but with a smirk on her face that made it clear his comment amused her. Still, though, it was probably for the best to continue without interacting too much with it — the Wayfinder had brought him here, but it was unlikely that it would help him find something more on this planet. Unless they found whoever made it somehow, perhaps.
But then the real question was brought up — where would they start? She furrowed her brows and gave it some thought, but no answer came easily.
"The facility I'm looking for is somewhere deep within the jungles, but I have no idea where. I think we have a better lead to find something related to your past. Maybe we can find some old archives? Go through jewelry shops?" she sighed softly. "I can also try to help you connect with the Force and maybe allow you to see something through a vision."
"But there's no guarantee that will work at all."
n0m34qi.png

Tapping his leg against the floor with hesitation, everything she'd provided were sound options, but the idea of letting her or anyone for that matter poke around with his force was a bit unsettling. Most of the order would probably chalk him up as a Dark Jedi, and Kain has no qualms about using the dark side after needing to make peace with it being a part of him. Imagining that connecting through the force would disclose that knowledge startled him.

"Right well, the archive and jewelry stores can probably wait until we run out of options, reading isn't my favorite subject." With a nervous nod of his head, Kain had decided that the reward outweighed the risks, and trying for a vision was the way to go regardless of the outcome, after all, if they were able to summon a vision it'd be faster than searching.

"We can... give the force thing a try, but I should warn you that I was never very good with this side of being a Jedi." All he could hope for at this point was that this resulted in a vision or he guessed there'd be explaining to do.

n0m34qi.png
She was watching him closely after she presented some options, and took note of his hesitation when it came to using the Force for this. Visions were often uncomfortable, and had the ability to show terrible things in something more vivid than even the wildest of nightmares. But he was looking for something really important to him, so she wondered why he was this reluctant.
"You don't have to be very good at it." Valery said with a soft smile once he finally did accept the offer.
"We just need you to open yourself up to the Force, and hope that with your presence here, it will show you the way." she went on to explain before she turned around and pursed her lips. "Hmm... I do suggest we find a better place for it. I could take you to my apartment but perhaps we should handle this within the jungle somewhere?" she looked back at him to gauge his reaction.
"Surrounded by fauna and flora, the Force will flow strongly. It's just not as safe — you'd have to place your trust in me to keep you safe while you dive deep into the Force."
n0m34qi.png

Nice as hanging out in her apartment sounded Kain knew it would be leaps and bound more productive to go with the second plan, but therein lay his issue. It's not that he didn't trust Valery, but even while Kain was in the mercenary company it'd felt like he'd been on his own for so long. Kain responded by deflecting her statement of trust.

Looking out towards the end of the market, scratching his stubble. "I think I'll spare your personal space. to the jungle it is."While anywhere in the jungle would probably work for their purpose, he figured Valery might have a place in mind "Where to Miss?" Kain held his hand out offering her to lead the way.

For now he'd clear his mind, the less he thought about the better. Having to connect with the force, and be completely unable to defend himself while doing it, was wreaking havoc on his confidence, none the less, Kain was determined to figure out the mystery, and if it helped Valery solver hers aswell so be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom