Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Back to Onderon

n0m34qi.png
Valery: Appearance
Outfit: Factory Link
Lightsabers: Link!
Tag: Kain Aldore Kain Aldore
"Jungle it is," she confirmed with a smile, but she felt the struggle that came with his words. If he didn't trust her, she honestly wouldn't really blame him — they had only just met. But she got the feeling that it was something else, that it ran deeper with him. It wasn't really her place to question it though, so she made no comment and turned to leave the city.
The jungle was going to be the better place for it.
"Just outside Iziz, there are some ruins in the jungle. They make for a pretty decent spot." Valery explained while she guided him through the city. "My plan is to just guide you through some deep meditation, nothing too crazy. The Force grants visions when we open ourselves the most, so I hope we can get something out of it."
"While you meditate, I promise that I'll make sure nothing can harm us. There are dangerous animals out there, but I can keep them away if they get too close." Whether her word meant something, she didn't know. But she also had no reason at all to not be honest with him in this situation.
The two eventually made it to the ruins she mentioned; remnants of an ancient structure that was built outside the city. It was impossible to tell what it had been once, but it hardly mattered for what they were doing. She lowered herself on a flat slab of stone and gestured for him to sit down with her.
"Alright, let's start with clearing the mind. Focus on something that can help you remain calm and let it help you fall into the Force. For this to work, you have to open up fully and allow it to speak to you regardless of the message it's trying to convey. The more open you are, the better your chances."
n0m34qi.png

Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble

Following his new companion into the thick jungle, he lingered on meditation. It was standard practice for most Jedi including himself, though he mostly got D's in that class from what his master would comment. could he really do this?

Focus? great they really were screwed, Kain's idea of calm was sitting in an engine room listening to the low hum of a hyperdrive. but at least he'd give it a shot. He looked around the forest canopy, then at Valery with a nervous smile, sitting down two arms lengths across from her.

"I'll give it a shot."

Following her instruction to the letter Kain took the box of his person setting it between the two of them, then he removed his blaster setting it next to him, and with a bit of hesitation took his lightsaber out of his flight suit placing it on the other side of himself, being apprehensive wouldn't help either of them. He needed to trust her, and for that Kain wanted it to go both ways.

Closing his eyes Kain imagined all the things that ever he ever cared for remembering what both his masters taught him, as he collected it all and sunk into what felt like floating in zero-g, He was connected, but not deep enough, he was holding back a lot, most of it being things even Kaid would rather forget.

n0m34qi.png
"You're not opening up."
Her tone was calm and soothing, meant to offer advice but not distract him while he tried to connect with the Force. Valery could feel that he had been calming himself down more and more and that he placed enough trust in her to set aside his weapons. But for this to work, he had to take the extra step forward.
"Forget who and what is around you; forget I'm here." Valery encouraged him. "The Force rewards those who are open and those who are honest."
She then went completely quiet again and simply watched, her mind extended to his presence in the Force. Whether he'd open up to reveal what had been sheltered inside or not remained to be seen, but what happened next was all in his own hands.
n0m34qi.png

Valery's words echoed in his mind, he knew he wasn't opening up, but there was a reason for that. Kain stopped hesitating.

And with the release came a flood of information he'd forgotten about. People, names, things that seemed minimal, but that was just the surface, deeper he proceeded into the force, now it felt like he was being pulled, a look of frustration dawned on him, information was passing too quickly and then nothing.

It'd stopped but only for a moment, like Mist low hanging in a valley. First, he saw the planet, then Iziz, Valery, and himself sitting in tandem, and the jungle.

A hut with a familiar feeling to it and through the door he spotted an orb with markings much like the box, the stars in the sky a clear compass for a spacefarer like him. Then a Facility covered in shrubbery obscured by the canopy, he couldn't make out any markings. or location identifiers, but nearby was quite a large temple, old and ancient, and past it was the City, all he'd need to do was figure out what direction it was facing.

He'd been more successful than he first imagined. But as he tried to come away from the vision he felt weighed down, the zero-g turned into a vast endless ocean, this was new, Kain was being absorbed by his connection, as he started to fall deeper into the force, he summoned the dark side trying to break out.

It wasn't working the only thing he could do was hope. 'Feth'.

n0m34qi.png
"That's it."
The woman's lips curled up into a smile as she felt him open up and connect with the Force. It wasn't often too difficult to see that someone was experiencing a vision — they responded to it much like they would to a vivid dream or terrible nightmare. But in this case, Valery could feel it as well, through the Force.
There was no way for her to know what exactly he was seeing but she hoped it would help him find his path. And judging by the way he responded initially, it at least seemed like he was experiencing something useful.
However, after a few minutes, something changed rapidly. He was trying to get out of his vision and break the connection he formed, but she could feel him fall deeper into the Force. No matter what he tried, he only kept falling and it ultimately led up to a darker feeling radiating out from him.
"Wait...."
Feeling the dark side, Valery's eyes widened and she quickly got up to her feet to walk over to him. A hand reached out to grab his shoulder and shake him out of his vision, but the moment she touched him, her own mind blanked, she stumbled back and fell down onto her back like a sack of potatoes. A vision struck her much it had stuck him, but it was one forced into her mind by the darker feelings.
Again, she saw the facility deep within the jungle, the stasis pods, and the faces of old friends she believed to be long gone. And again... she felt as if they were still there, alive but trapped in the cycle she was rescued from. She had seen this vision several times before but the emotions had never been this intense.
So when she woke up moments later, she found herself breathing heavily with her heart pounding in her chest.
n0m34qi.png

Fighting it felt useless, something had essentially grabbed Kain by the ankle and started dragging him deep, no matter how he tried to convince himself, there was no budging.

He felt something, dropping his resistance for only a moment he could see Valery approach 'Val wait!'It was no use he was still in the dream-like state, he could only watch while her hand made contact with his body, Valery dropped to the floor like a rock, at the same time he was dragged into another vision.

memories from when he was younger, at first he saw things in his adoptive father's shop, inside past the old gentle soul were details and findings, then his Master's old room on Coruscant it was the same, all things he was too young or too busy to care about, and all these details pertained to who Kain was, suddenly answers were had, he didn't know for sure but all the evidence pointed in one direction.

Almost immediately the feeling of being pulled, like someone grabbed his shirt and yanked him out of the water. He became conscious and realized he'd been convulsing against the ground, the feeling came to a stop as he lay there processing his discovery.

That was all cut short, however, sitting up with conviction he looked at Valery watching her come awake, a feeling of relief washed over him. Kain thought he'd killed her. "Are you...?"Getting to his feet the blonde stumbled over to her holding his hand out as he'd done earlier. There were several words he wanted to say; mad, upset, disappointed. Deciding to keep it simple "You hurt?"

His eyes felt and probably looked like he received a handful of spice, his body was fatigued. the whole ordeal was a bit more than he bargained for, at this point in time he just hoped Valery wasn't harmed.

n0m34qi.png
A few short breaths escaped the woman's lips as she rolled over from her back onto her stomach. She pushed herself to hands and knees and remained like that for a moment, her face hidden behind the long hair that had fallen around her. But while her expression was concealed, a sadness reached out from her through the Force that she couldn't keep to herself.
Not because of what he did, but because of what she had seen again.
After a moment, she leaned up and took his offered hand to pull herself back up to her feet, "I'm alright." she said, as a hand came up to tuck her hair behind her ears again. She quickly fixed up her ponytail and turned her fiery gaze to the man, but it had lost much of the strength it had before.
"Are you okay? Maybe it's best we head back to the city — you look like you need some rest." There was so much more to talk about. She wanted to know what he saw in his vision, and if it helped him at all. Then there was this feeling of the Dark Side being used... but one thing at a time, she figured.
n0m34qi.png

Pulling Valery up with a shaky hand, sadness oozed from her to him, one of Kain's shortcomings was never being able to determine a person's feelings with the force, but now she was... sad, and Kain felt it like he was sad too, not knowing what was causing the feeling and Instead of second-guessing her words, Kain simply nodded while pulling his hand away "Good" breathlessly escaping his lips.

Taking a few steps away from her, trying to create distance, physically and emotionally, Kain struggled to bend down, instead, he dropped to one knee picking up the weapons and box from the floor.

Kain was anything except alright, he felt like he'd been walked on by a Bantha. The entire thing felt off, he'd been struck with too much information at once, then had a tug of war match with the universe. Only fuzzy thoughts filled his head, and to top it off while trying to fight back he did something to Valery that obviously hurt her in some way. The only thing he felt as of right now was guilty.

"I'm... alright. I think-" Kain's typical happy-go-lucky attitude had died almost completely, though even Kain wasn't sure if it was because of the discovery or because of how he currently felt. "Yeah, R and R is definitely on my list right now."Starting towards the city making absolutely sure Valery was in tow, though when he thought about it the Jedi was kinda hard to misplace.

n0m34qi.png
"You don't seem alright."
Unlike him, Valery was very skilled at feeling other people's emotions through the Force, and even though he claimed to be okay, she could feel that the whole experience had shaken him up a little. Whether that was because of what exactly he had seen in the vision or what happened after remained to be seen.
"Just... don't be too harsh on yourself. I've been dealing with visions for a while and it's not your fault that one hit me there." She hoped to sound convincing, but she had a feeling he'd still blame himself somewhat for it. There was a sense of guilt that echoed out from him.
"Do you have a place you're staying in the city?" Valery then asked as she followed along with him, back the way they came. "I can get you there and we can talk about the vision after you've gotten some rest, if you want." If he preferred to part ways and deal with whatever he saw on his own, she would understand too. But she definitely wanted to help.
n0m34qi.png

"You don't seem alright."

"Well you'd be correct"A revealing smirk adorned his face as they walked through the jungle, there was no point in hiding it from Valery, that was something she shared with his former master.

He looked almost sleep-deprived, and that was about how he felt, dragging his boots through the dirt Kain was now mostly nodding to her "Regardless, Ya dropped like a sack of Jogan fruit when you touched my shoulder-"Kain took a deep breath this could all be debated on later, he didn't have the energy, nor did he want to make himself feel worse at the moment.

Kain had only one place to stay, luckily he'd purchased several days of space on the landing area, though sooner or later he'd need to move the slate runner to the jungle. "I was planning to stay on my ship, we can head there- you know I'll say for all that trouble, I think I'd have rather looked at jewelry" Kain jested, her plan was sound and home was all he could think of, But he wanted her to stick around, or maybe vice versa? He had seen some sort of laboratory in his vision, it felt interesting but not necessarily familiar, he figured it might have something to do with Valery, and at this point, he wanted to help as much as he could.

Picking up his own pace Kain hit a button on his communicator, regardless of his state of mind it'd lead them straight to his ship.

n0m34qi.png
"Well, you'd be correct."
Valery chuckled softly at his acknowledgment and followed him back towards the city. "I know I did, but..." she paused and decided to drop the topic for now as well. It likely wasn't going to help them feel better now — the exhaustion made it hard to really debate it properly.
"The ship sounds good, and I don't blame you. But at the same time, I do think it has been somewhat useful?" she asked with a curious tilt of her head. They were finally coming out of the jungle and back into the civilized world, from where it'd be rather easy to find the large spaceport and his ship.
"But for now, get some sleep. I think I might look around to prepare something to eat for later. Then we can think about how to handle the next steps carefully." She said with a smile. Valery was likely going to need some rest later too, but he was definitely in need of it more than she was.
n0m34qi.png

Valery made a very good point, though they were exhausted and slightly down, Kain had come away with enough information to at least get them near their location. which meant they had a starting point for their journey.

Through the city streets, kain mostly stayed quiet, perking up at the mention of food, especially when made by another person, that was always something he looked forward towards.

As they approached the spaceport he hit his comlink sending something over to Valery, It was the access code to his ship. Figuring she didn't try anything during the meditation, what would be the harm? "Just in case I'm not already moving around when you drop by yeah?"With that Valery would be able to get on his ship and access just about every function except the smuggling area and engine room.

They approached the dock where his ship was, Kain stopped looking back at her. "I'll see you in a bit yeah? I definitely got some information that'll be useful... I think-"The sleep would definitely help process what he learned, the two of them could go from there.

Kain walked up the ramp prepared to crash like a comet, giving a subtle wave to Val.

n0m34qi.png
When the two finally made their way over to his ship, Valery took a moment to get a closer look at it. She didn't know too much about ship types and whether or not it was anything special, but it looked fancy enough. "Oh yeah, that should be useful." Valery smiled and looked down at her wrist device, where she received the codes on.
She stored them away into the integrated computer and was just about ready to head off when he stopped and spoke up again. Valery turned to look at him and nodded, "I'll see you soon. Rest up and we'll be on our way again." she flashed a final smile and turned back to head into the city.
While he got some rest, Valery would prepare a few things in her apartment and picked up a meal on the market for him along the way. Nothing overly fancy but together with the food she brought for the journey, it would be more than enough to last them days. Not that she expected it all to take so long, but one had to be careful in dangerous jungles.
After a few hours, when it was closer to evening, she returned to his ship with the plate of food she had prepared and buzzed to see if he was up and about already.
n0m34qi.png

Like a light kain was out, curled up in his bunk, he could feel his wrist shaking and thought nothing of it, it was the hyperdrive.

'Kain the ship isn't on' He shot up looking at the wrist come, he'd fallen asleep for the remainder of the day, pushing himself over Kain fell off the top bunk and slammed into the floor, letting out a pained groan 'Hey Val... let yourself in- I'll be in the cockpit" mumbling into the Microphone of his wrist device.

In the cargo hold, there were several crates strapped down, nowhere near enough to fill the hold, inside mostly spare parts and some dried goods, though he wasn't prepared to use any of the good, it was there nonetheless. Kain lugged himself off the floor slipping the tank top back on and proceeding into the hallway, his thoughts had become clear, and he even looked a hundred times better.

While some of the discoveries would require more answers, he'd learned enough for them to get started.

Leaving the bunks Kain slipped into the cockpit and began starting the engines and auxiliary power while she came aboard.

n0m34qi.png
Hearing his pained mumbling into the microphone, Valery raised an eyebrow and brought her wrist up to her lips, "You...okay?" she didn't really wait for an answer, and submitted the codes needed to get entrance to his ship. Stepping onboard, she walked through the vessel rather slowly, taking her time to look around without going off the path.
She wasn't here to snoop around, nor did she have a desire to do so.
Eventually, she found her way into the cockpit and looked over at Kain with a kind smile, "You look a lot better than you did a few hours ago. Feeling better as well, I assume?" She walked over and set the plate of food down for him. "Brought you something to eat in case you didn't have anything ready here."
For now, she kept the conversation light — she didn't want to rush into asking about his vision or going into what had happened with the darkness she felt.
n0m34qi.png

Chaotically organized, that would be how Kain described his ship, tools laid around outside the hyperdrive room, dis-assembled blaster lay around the room across from it, In the dining area a few of the chairs were pulled out and there were come cooking utensil scattered on the counter.

Kain did the final preparations as the slate runner came to life, a sound he loved to hear every time, and behind him, Valery had peaked over.

"I feel loads better, You'd be surprised what beauty sleep can do for a guy!" and while physically that was true, his head was a mess, and sooner or later he owed her some explanations. His head turned behind himself looking towards Valery with a grin on his face at the mention of food, he nodded with gusto, finally something besides dried goods "Thank you! I am now convinced you're an angel."

He slipped out of the chair taking the plate from her and moving past into the kitchen, pulling a chair out for Valery as he sat down on his. she had just border a ship with a glutton that was sparing no time. "Holy force this is amazing" He mumbled after taking the first bite.

n0m34qi.png
Chaotically organized was one way to describe it — Valery had seen it many times before. Things lay scattered around everywhere but somehow, the owner still knew exactly where each and every item was. From the most important tools to the individual bolts or paperclips.
"An angel, hm?" Valery chuckled as he seemed to brighten up quite a bit at the mention of food. Sometimes it didn't take much to feel better — just sleep and some food. "Be careful not to call it too early, you haven't tried it yet." She joked.
Valery then followed him into the kitchen area and sat down after he pulled a chair back, her eyes lingering on him to gauge his reaction to the food. After the first bite, the answer was pretty clear already; he enjoyed it. So she offered a smile and raised a hand up through her long hair while a short breath escaped her lips.
"Good, eat up and make sure you've got your strength back. I have a feeling there's plenty to discuss and do." She tilted her head with some curiosity in her eyes. Valery was clearly wondering what he had seen exactly.
n0m34qi.png

It was as if he'd never seen something this good, though Kain was never exactly a picky eater, he'd actually eaten some pretty bizarre thing, so as long as it had a basic taste, he'd put the food back.

Where would he even start with the vision? The guess to his parent's identity would be the last thing he mentioned, or he might not say anything. Kain wasn't even sure that the vision was accurate, there's a chance the force was simply playing with him, then there was the facility and the hut, both of which he'd seen at night and luckily caught a glimpse of the stars.

Figuring he'd kept the tale in chronological order, Kain finished eating and looked at Valery with a sparkle in his eye

"Oh, Gal you have no idea." He'd made the shape of a hut with his hands, wasting no time starting his explanation. 'First, I saw this hut, it's a couple of hours out of Iziz... but I digress, I can't explain what it was, but the hut felt... safe? Like I could run there and anything else wouldn't come close enough to touch me." Kain hadn't felt that way in a long time, he wasn't even sure that was a good description, but if it was keeping Valery up to date, that was enough.

He'd stand taking the plate to the sink and began rinsing it. "The next place is... well I'm not sure it was? An entrance to some sort of building I think, though it felt significantly less familiar. Recognizable may be a better word? The place was in the middle of nowhere but I can definitely... probably find it... I think"

Finishing with the plate, he sat it on the counter next to him with a giddy grin.

n0m34qi.png
Valery remained mostly quiet while she watched him eat the food she brought, her eyes occasionally shifting around the room to get a better idea of the ship's interior. But when he finished and that sparkle appeared in his eyes, Valery couldn't help but smirk a little. She listened intently and when he finished describing the hut, especially the way it felt to him, she pursed her lips in thought.
"Hmm." she smiled and nodded in understanding.
"Do you think this hut could have been your parent's home? The feeling you described... it makes it feel like home to me." Valery offered as a suggestion. If it were actually the case, then following this vision could lead somewhere useful. But they were going to find out soon enough.
"As for the other building, not quite sure what it could be. But only one way to find out — if you can locate it after we first travel to the hut, then I'm sure everything will become more clear soon." Valery got up from her seat as well and paced around a little while he cleaned up his plate.
"Speaking of which, it's going to be dark soon. It's not a problem for me..." she jerked a thumb up at her fiery orange eyes, hinting at the fact that she could see quite well in the dark. "But it might be for you? Should be careful if we travel at night."
n0m34qi.png

His shoulders raised up slightly, "I don't think so, they may have stayed there, but... maybe it's just me but that's not home." his idea of home was feeling accepted, perhaps it was because he'd never really had one in his eyes. For Kain, it was people that made a place home not the place itself, and the closest thing to a typical home was the slate runner; a ship he'd nearly built from the ground up.

he hopped off the counter motioning with his hands "Regardless I think checking the hut out would be worth it, and I'll have to stargaze for a while before I can figure anything out about the facility's whereabouts"

He'd pass by Valery looking into her eyes briefly, he'd thought they were sith eyes earlier but that clearly wasn't the case, low light vision made sense.
Beckoning her into the main hall. "Huh, I was wondering about your eyes. Well, it would be a problem, but if we do go by foot or speeder, I have a light saber"He'd lift up the flight suit strap showing the blade hilt. "Or... hear me out, we could just take my ship. Though I imagine I can only get us so far"

if the jungle was too thick past a point they'd be stuck. Even if Val got in the turret and started blasting away they'd never be able to land the ship. anyway, he was just glad she was avoiding the bantha in the room till this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom