Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back from the dead (Black sun negotiation with the cartel)

Vex had heard whispers his ... Ladies had been ... Helping a number of people who told tales of hutt's moving out of the shadows and talk was of resurrecting the cartel. The black suns stood at the for front of oblivion and they needed friends. Who better to befriend than criminals. He called in his head ... Lady and asked her to pass it through his brothels that the Black suns wished to talk with the hutts. He trusted that the news would soon reach the ears of this young cartel.
@[member="Popo"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo sat looking out the window of his personal shuttle. The passenger compartment had been completely redone. The chairs had been removed and replaced with a single, huge, plush pad dominating the center of the compartment. Huge bay windows made up most of the walls and allowed the huge Hutt to gaze out at the spectacular view. Around him stood or sat various slaves, advisers, retainers, and sycophants. No other chairs stood in the room, forcing those around him to stand at all times or to sit upon the expensive wooden floor. The floor was made from Wroshyr trees and was polished to a shine. The cushion Popo sat upon was made of fine, lush Coruscanti felt.

The Hutt shifted his bulk in his seat as the shuttle neared the destination. He'd heard that certain influential individuals within various crime syndicates had wished to make contact with the Hutts. Seeing the opportunity such interest could gather, he had promptly set out from his penthouse in The Wheel and made good time towards Black Sun space. Popo planned to use this opportunity to further the Cartel's goals and his own, of course. Should Black Sun provide what he desired, then business could be done.

Popo felt the shuttle shake ever so slightly as it touched down. Wordlessly, the Shell Hutt shifted his bulky, armored form from his cushy seat and towards the rear of the shuttle. The slaves and other retainers he brought with him quickly rose and followed behind and around him. None walked before the Hutt. This wasn't because of pride or arrogance that he be first wherever he went, but out of practicality. Popo disliked stopping for anyone or anything and would continue to move where he wished. Should a hapless being stop before him, they would be crushed by the Hutt's gargantuan bulk as Popo trundled over them.

The hatch opened with a quiet hiss of pneumatic pressure, casting light on the Hutt and his retinue. Pausing for the briefest of seconds, he slithered down the ramp and towards what was, and had better be, the welcoming committee.

@Vex Tythion

Vex was ... Sleeping ... energetically when the ship arrived he had not expected the hutt to arrive so early so he was unable to get rid of his ... Partner ... or her ... Partner ... so they came with him up to the roof.On the roof were a few black sun guards and one or two of the house hold staff Vex arrived a little late but fully clothed. He walked up, The hutt was considerably bigger than he was. He coughed dramatically and a step was brought He climbed it and found he still wasn't quite eye level, It would have to do however. He offered his hand "Vex Tythion Vigo of the black sun syndicate"

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"I am Popo," was all the Hutt said. He spoke in Galactic basic and his voice was deep and hollow. He blinked slowly at the small man and held out a huge, gauntleted hand to shake the human's much smaller hand.

Popo stared at the dwarf before him and blinked once more, this time in thought. He had expected someone... larger. More... profound. He'd heard stories and seen the reports of Black Sun activity and knew they were guided by a skilled leader. Popo had just expected someone else. Possibly another Hutt. As it was, he was disappointed that this was not the case, but that made the mild impression of the syndicate's success grow to a modest amount.

"I expected someone else," he said as he stared down at the tiny man. "But your size impresses me. You've a mind similar to a Hutt despite your size. Impressive. I look forward to doing business with a Hutt-minded Human."

@ Vex Tythion

Vex watch as his hand was swallowed up by the hutt's gargantuan hand . He smiled slightly only a little worried the hutt might eat him. After shaking hands he pulled his back from the abyss. He looked at the hutt's eyes following him up and down perhaps he was about to be eaten, but then the hutt spoke of how he had expected someone else but how he was pleased whith vexs brain. Vex smiled "people always expect someone else, people arn't like you however they usually laugh ... I laughter too as they die into their food" Vex climbed down from his step "I like you, now should we begin" he said gesturing to a large elevator, the building came from the time of hutts and was therefore mostly acessable to popo

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"Yes, let's," Popo said as he made his way to the elevator.

His retinue followed with him and there was plenty of room for all. It was built for a Hutt, after all, and Hutts rarely went anywhere public without a group of retainers. He scratched the exposed skin of his 'chin', a habit he'd picked up from Humans he'd done business with, and thought for a moment.

"You went through a lot of time to get the Cartel's attention," the Hutt said quietly, which for him was more or less a low rumble. "Why?"

@Vex Tythion

Vex turned to look up at the hutt "I need you, the suns are in turmoil the republic steam rolled us at Nal-Hutta but I have a plan to get it back but I need your help. The Republic want Hutts back in control of Naal-Hutta and my plan was to have your cartel as the face of Nal-Hutta's government appeasing the republic, in return I will support your growth, I am open to negotiation" He said his organisation was on the brink of splintering his lack of notable action had turned key figures against him. When the elevator landed he excused himself to contact Ray and Domino "Domino, Ray I have a plan come to my villa there is a figure who will be of great use to us here" He hoped they still had enough faith to join him.
@[member="Domino"] @[member="Rayl Wilded"]

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo looked at the small human, his face unreadable.

"You want the Cartel to take control of Nal Hutta for the Black Suns?" Popo asked, his tone neutral. "And to 'play along' with the Republic until the Suns can reclaim the planet? In turn you help the Cartel's growth?"

@Vex Tythion

"Well that's my idea I need to see If the rest agree with me" He said in reply, Vex looked up at the hutt he had difficulty determining his opinion he gestured for the hutt to follow and led him outside the only open area of the villa.

(I was eager when I proposed this after skype discussion the plan appears unfeasible but an alliance is still open but our terms have changed)

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"I can tell you right now that such a plan is not in the Cartel's best interest at this time," Popo rumbled. He followed the dwarf from the elevator and the Hutt's retinue trailed behind. "The Cartel is neutral in all things, despite having heavy influence over the underworld. Were we to betray the Republic, we would lose more than we would gain. Contacts, trade markets, bribed officials. We can influence things for the Black Suns, for a fee of course, but we will not move openly against any side. To do so would damage the Cartel's hold on the galaxy."

@Vex Tythion

"Hmm" Vex grumbled " Very well" He strolled over to a bench in the small garden a few feet from the hutt "Perhaps a standard alliance trade agreements, Non aggression pacts and cooperation in mutually beneficial activities?"

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo thought a moment at this. The Cartel was only just beginning a steady return and, yet, so many wished to do business. It was strange for the Shell Hutt. He was used to many opportunities, but it was a nice change of pace for them to come to him instead of the other way around.

"You and your people need not worry about aggression with the Hutts," Popo stated with a dismissive gesture. "We do not desire armed conflict. To engage in a wartime footing, especially on the offensive, would cost us more in time, energy, and resources than we would gain. This goes for the Cartel as a whole towards any faction in the galaxy. Trade agreements we can easily negotiate. I, myself, will require steel in large quantities in the future. The Cartel would benefit from the raw resources coming in to our industry."

In reality, it would be Popo's industry and Popo as the primary beneficiary, but with all things he seemed to do, the Cartel would benefit as well. Just, not as well as Popo would.

"Mutually beneficial endeavors are acceptable, provided they do not bring us in direct confrontation with the other factions in the galaxy," Popo said as he turned his massive head and looked the human in the eyes. "I am assuming, of course, you have something in mind, either specifically or in a general sense?"

@Vex Tythion

Preliat remained several yards behind his Hutt employer, acting as security for the employer. He spoke, for the first time in Popo's presence. He carried the gruffness of the Ordo people, and had the swagger of the same, amplified by his Mandalorian presence as well.

"I'm also not so sure about doing business with the people who made it their business to make the Republic's eye fall upon them so heavily that they invaded their planet...and then failed miserably at even preserving any details of it."Preliat said, shrugging his armored shoulders.

@Vex Tythion
@[member="Popo"]

"It was a moon for one." Domino said evenly from the top of a flight of stairs leading to the deck. She'd arrived just in time to hear the mercenary's comment after receiving Vex's communique, it had seemed prudent to stay nearby during these negotiations given her position. "And we still control the four habitable planets of the system, which makes me quite unsure on what you mean by 'preserving details.' As for the rest, I'm not prepared to discuss grand strategy or the failure of one's allies." That and she really shouldn't have to explain why she did what she had, either before or during the battle. Not to anyone competent at any rate.

Approaching the trio, slaves didn't count, the former leader of the Suns gave them a nod, introducing herself in Huttese as she went. "I'm Domino. Welcome to Nal Hutta, I trust our esteemed leader has been taking care of you."

@[member="Preliat Mantis"] @Popo @Vex Tythion

@[member="Vex Tythion "]@[member="Popo"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Domino"]

'When facing certain defeat its best to cut your losses and fight another day than to die for a spec of dirt. Our armies survived, our fleet survived, millions of our men and peoples were spared. Along with most everything being left intact. The Republic may occupy it. But they're dammed foolish if they think they could ever hold it. We gained the most while loosing the least. And the time draws near when we'll steal back the crown jewel. I don't make decisions without the greatest of thought". Rayl brushed past the mercenary with a tinge of malice trailing off his tongue. A blaster twirled on his finger a few times before being re-holstered. A threat and warning he was ready to blow off the mans head, but didn't. "My Vigo, Mr. Popo. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintanceship. Allow me to introduce myself as well. I am Lord Rayl Wilded of Kira. Military Commander of Black Sun". Rayl swung his arm around but did not bow. Unbefitting a lord of course. Especially a self made one.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo simply nodded to both answer Domino and in response to the newcomer, the so-called Lord Rayl. The huge Hutt cared little for titles, aside from his own of course. He also ignored the exchange between his Mandalorian attack dog and the glorified pirate. Popo would let the little man strut and swagger all he wished. It would make him oblivious to who truly had power over who. Besides, Popo only hired the best and if this tiny bipedal could defeat his elite sellsword, then Popo would have to look elsewhere for hired muscle instead of hiring Mandalorians from then on.

"I am Popo," the Hutt answered simply, his tone neutral and even. He looked at the Twi'lek with an impassive face. As he spoke, he couldn't help but calculate in his head how much he'd ask for her on the market, or how much he'd offer her out for as a rental. Twi'leks made good money nowadays. "Your... Vigo, was it? Has been most accommodating. He was just discussing with me what options were available for pleasant relations between the Black Suns and the Hutt Cartel."

@[member="Domino"] @[member="Vex Tythion "]@[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Rayl Wilded"]

"I assume you mean to rent some space and expand your operations into our territory without... causing an upset." Which was a pleasant way of saying a war. "It's quite common, I knew when I took office and reformed us into the suns that no everyone would want to toe the party line, so to speak. So I made it simple, buy an independent license, pay the annual fee, and follow our laws; and we wouldn't kill you and your entire family. I'm not sure if anyone remembers Excon," how could anyone forget, "but lets call him 'Exhibit A.'"

Signaling a slave for a flute of chilled champagne, she leaned back against the railing as she took a sip, carefully evaluating the Hutt and his entourage over the rim. Other than her eyes she seemed rather cheery for having just discussed mass murder. Probably not the best quality to have in a slave, right along with them being an ex-head of state still holding an indeterminable amount of power. "Now it is based on the size of the operation and what fields you intend to operate in as well as projected profits, but it all comes out to a rather small overall percentage."
@Popo @Rayl Wilded @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @Vex Tythion

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
Popo shrugged, his armor rattling quietly as he did so.

"I would rather not start any hostilities between the Cartel and the Black Suns," he stated politely. Not that he'd care either way, admittedly. His personal power base was located in Sith space, far out of Black Sun reach, but he had to play the game here. His affiliation with the Cartel meant he had to push their agenda... or at least drag them behind him as he pushed his own goals. "An arrangement to pay... 'rent' would be sufficient, I believe. The Cartel would obviously like to spread its influence here on Nal Hutta, our home world. I'm sure such an agreement would financially benefit both parties."

Popo blinked once, his tone and expression neutral. He knew that by lumping his Corporation and personal operations in with the Cartel's that he would pay significantly lower fees and 'rent' than if he did so separately. To put it bluntly, he'd make a killing in sales, revenue, and vastly expand his power and influence. The only downside was he had to play along with the Cartel's goals. That is, he had to make it look like he was pushing the Cartel's goals.

@[member="Domino"] @[member="Vex Tythion "]@[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Rayl Wilded"]

"very good Popo I look forward to a mutually beneficial partnership between the Suns and the Cartel" He said with a smile. "Do you drink?" He asked the hutt before ordering his servants to give his guests a drink, This was a cause to celebrate. as his servants got busy he shuffled over to Domino "Thanks I owe you one"

He was rather pleased that that had worked this partnership would hopefully lead to economic growth and it was one less person looking to end them. Which was never a bad thing. It was high time he got of his but and got to work retrieving the planets stolen by the republic.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
"I do indeed," Popo stated before carefully taking a human sized glass from the tray. He held it lightly between two fingers by the stem so as not to break the tiny thing. "The exact terms and quantity of rent can be established by our underlings, I believe."

The giant Hutt sipped daintily at the glass of wine. It was more or less enough to wet his tongue and little else, but the gesture was noted all the same.

"I do have a question or two if you have the time," Popo stated blandly as he carefully picked up another tiny glass. "Well, more of a business arrangement I'd like to see about."

@Domino @Vex Tythion @[member="Preliat Mantis"] @[member="Rayl Wilded"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom