Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Auld Acquaintances (RTL Dominion of Sullust)

INTO THE MINES- OBJECTIVE ONE
Audren Sykes Audren Sykes

"You heard the Jedi," Xam bellowed over the sound of repulsor engines and generators as the heavy equipment in closer. He stepped away from the entrance, letting the projection of the tunnel display in front of him, with a droid adjusting the display as Audren spoke. "Get a set of braces ready, one meter in."

He hugged a datapad under his crossed arms as he turned to stare unblinkingly at the debris field while teams of Sullustans moved into the entrance. Half of them carried hydraulic jacks, ready to brace, while the others used mechanical diggers to start pulling out some of the debris. It was a small amount, and the braces were shoved in as soon as there was a gap.

One of the engineers tapped a button and the braces extended, digging into the rocky surface beneath their feet, before pushing up against the rock wall. "Hold!" Xam called, stepping forward and dropping to a knee to look into the new gap. "How are we looking?"

"No seismic shifts," a tech said, studying a sensor. "Impact remained localized and caused no further movement."

"Very good," Xam said, turning back to Audren. "How is it feeling?"

Tides of Change

Zxgd6dQ.png

Tags: Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider | Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher
Objective II: Memories of the Past

Beneath the temple ruins of SULLUST...

DPFKiwm.png

LLHE14M.png

"There's someone down there, already. Have we heard anything about someone going in first?"

Elias frowned as he switched his harness to the next piton. He stepped closer to the cracked strut that jutted out, placing an open palm against it as he tapped into Force.

As far as I know, we’re the only ones here… but I sense it, too.” The Force here was cloudy, a miasma produced long ago by the destruction of the Lightsiders who once called this temple their home. It was thick with memories and echoes of the past, but more eerily, it obscured the present.

Better stay vigilant. Could be danger,” the Jedi warded as he grabbed the rope and followed suit into the pit. The sudden rush of Sullustan air through his locks was refreshing, but the ominous depths he rappelled into hindered any sense of adventure. His golden eyes narrowed as the descent grew ever darker.

<“There are generators. I could try to get them running if you'd like, though I'm not sure how safe that would be. Vibrations might collapse weak tunnels or agitate rockrenders.”>

Elias’ headlamp came to life with a soft glow, flashing a beam of pale-yellow light into the basin. Even from here, several meters yet to go before his boots hit the ground, the Jedi could see just how dilapidated the substructures were. He tried to lay eyes on the generators as he reached for the comlink in his mask.

I think we can make do with lamps for the time being,” he said, wary of what tremors may strike if the old generators were fired up. A collapse this early in the operation could cut them off from the archives. The Jedi’s boots soon landed with a thud that echoes softly through the neighboring tunnels, sending an eerie shiver down his spine. He allowed a moment for the other Jedi to answer Corbin before supplying a response of his own.

We were undone from the inside,” Elias said matter-of-factly.

“Our hubris left us vulnerable. We were so focused on what was before us that we failed to see what festered right beneath our feet.”

He was just a boy when the Sith infiltrated the temple and brought about its destruction, but his Master was one of many Jedi who fought bravely against the sleeper agents. The fall of the Sullust Temple was a wound felt by all Jedi, and a hard lesson learned by the Order and their allies. It still made him shudder when he recalled the stories his Master told of that treacherous battle.

In a way, it was fitting that Elias represented the Coalition here; He hoped that laying eyes on one of the greatest defeats of the Jedi would firmly remind his new Order of what they were up against.

Last edited:
Elias Edo Elias Edo Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl

"Veino lived here for a while, yeah," Alana confirmed, letting herself drop onto the rock at the bottom of the tunnel, flicking on the headlamp. Its soft glow penetrated through the gloom. "And probably safer not to try the generators, at least not yet."

She pressed forward into the tunnel, dropping to a crouch to duck beneath a collapsed strut buried in shattered rock. "Should just be this way."

Elias spoke some about what had happened. Alana hadn't been around the GA at the time. If she had been alive, she would have been a small child on Ambria.

"And that is the danger of militancy," she said after a moment, double-checking the compass headings on her gauntlet before pressing on underneath a thick bundle of wires. "Especially at the expense of reflection."

She put the headlamp next to the corridor, letting the light splay across the markings in the wall, tracing them with one finger as she picked her way through the rough tunnel.

"Here, right around the corner, I think," Alana said after a moment. "Looks like this word once said archives."

"W-who are you?" The Sullustan asked in his fast paced language, as he was assisted in movement by Nathan.

Nathan remained silent, and the Sullustan troublingly noted how his cold stare ahead never changed as they fled the Rockrender.

"Did you come with the Jedi? Mercenary?"

No answer.

The injured Sullustan realized whoever he was, he was in no mood to talk.

Nathan caught glimpses of his dead wife out of the corner of his eye as they moved, and struggled to maintain his composure. But he still saw his dead wife out the corner of his eye, but she vanished whenever he tried to directly glance at her.

He eventually began to hear voices. He worried it was a sign of possible insanity, that he was finally starting to crack after the trauma of what had been revealed to him. But no. It was just voices in the distance.

They got closer to the voices. Nathan's expression didn't change.

They came out of an alternate tunnel passage, Nathan quietly guiding the person he had found through sharp wreckage.

"Hey listen...I owe you...the Alien spoke, reaching into his pocket and fishing out a small, glowing blue crystal.

"I found it in the mines. An expert told me its a Jenraux Crystal."

"Keep it." Nathan replied, not looking at him as he finally spotted Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider in the distance, along with Elias Edo Elias Edo and Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher .

"Excuse me..." Nathan called out calmly but formally. "I found this man injured. He needs medical assistance."

SOROSUUB CENTROPLEX
Mya Jesel Mya Jesel Quauhtli Sacul Quauhtli Sacul
PU7fCpz.png

SULLUST
OUTER RIM

"There can be no trust between hammer and rock," Director Tevv agreed with the admiral, "Without a Dark Lord to unite them the Sith will not beg for help from a rival."

Aides were dismissed from orbit by an irritable wave. Miel closed his eyes to think, bothered by the jeweled diadem's weight on his bare scalp. Mass civilian traffic created a false skyline of artificial light. Despite the mandalorian raids and Imperial occupations Sullust still burned brightly on the galaxy's dimmest edge.

"I will lobby the Sullustan Council. It may take time to mobilize the Home Guard, but I can authorize SoroSuub vessels to accompany your relief mission on humanitarian grounds."

Miel extended a hand to President Jesel in symbolic gesture.

"Our independence is our strength," he frowned, "But we must stand united against the darkness. Perhaps it is time to discuss the merits of an official defense pact..."

Last edited:
Tides of Change

Zxgd6dQ.png

Tags: Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider | Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher | Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl
Objective 2: Memories of the Past

DPFKiwm.png

LLHE14M.png
Elias winced at Alana’s words, but they were true. He participated in the militaristic system that plagued the New Jedi. It took losing his entire team in a strike against the Empire, and ultimately leaving the Order, to find the reflection she spoke of. He found it on Bogano, in the most unlikely of places…

Thank the stars for that.

He ducked beneath the wiring, following Alana deeper into the tunnels. While she studied the walls, Elias took a moment to look around the chamber. His eyes were drawn to a damaged electrical panel, its rusted door barely hanging on by its hinges. A smile formed behind his rebreather as he thought of Cailen Corso Cailen Corso . If the ruins weren’t so unstable, he’d have asked Valery Noble Valery Noble if the boy could accompany him on the mission. But between the questionable integrity of the tunnels, and now the unsettling presence of the Dark Side, he was glad to have forgone the invitation. There would be other opportunities for the spunky young scrapper yet.

Elias’ eyes then snapped to one of the side passages ahead as he registered two humanoid shapes emerging from the darkness. The Jedi readied himself in a defensive posture, one hand extended forward toward the newcomers while the other found the lightsaber clipped to his belt.

He called to his allies through the Force, hoping to get their attention without startling them.

<“We’ve got company,”> he said telepathically. <“Human male and a Sullustan.”>

"Excuse me..." Nathan called out calmly but formally. "I found this man injured. He needs medical assistance."

Elias’ eyes narrowed as the man spoke, trying to sense any trickery with the help of the Force. Judging by his weathered armor and grim demeanor, Elias figured him to be a mercenary at best… or a looter, at worst.

Odd to find strangers down here,” the Jedi said. “This is a closed operation. Who are you?

Last edited:

TAGS: Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider Elias Edo Elias Edo Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl
RTL_Sig.png

Corbin listened to the two Jedi explaining about the past of the temple as they caught up. Alana took the lead. <That's rough. I can feel the emotion it's quite thick. It's unsettling, actually. I keep feeling as if there are people all around us. All residual, of course. I see nothing.> Alana led them further down the tunnel. <Perhaps some good came of it though. I'm sure we could probably refurbish the temple. And I've heard of someone capable of purging Darkside presence, though I've never actually met him myself. Plenty of resources we can pool to fix this place. I'd be willing to provide help there.>
Alana studied a wall with faded writing.

"Looks like this word once said archives."

Corbin walked up to inspect it. He scanned it with his visor, reversing the years of erosion on the screen. <"Archives," just like you said.>
<“We’ve got company,”> he said telepathically.

<“Human male and a Sullustan.”>

Corbin had never studied telepathy. Might be worth trying to learn. He had no doubt there was no aspect of the Force he couldn't learn if he put his mind to it.
The human male in question spoke out. Odd that there was anyone else down here.​
“Odd to find strangers down here,” the Jedi said.

“This was a closed operation. Who are you?”

Corbin kept his voice low, so only his two companions would hear him over the comlink. <The human is a sensitive. His Aura is weak, but there's no doubt. If I had to guess, he's probably suppressed his abilities for a long time, maybe even tried to cut himself off from the Force for some reason. Only thing I can think of to explain such a weak Aura. Unless he can alter it like I can. Those odds are highly unlikely.>
The Sullustan seemed to be holding something shiny and blue in his hand. A Kyber crystal, most likely an Opila or Jenruax. That wasn't too odd of a thing to find in an abandoned Jedi temple, but neither of these men should have been down here.

Last edited:
"He says he's a miner. Escaped when the Rockrenders flipped out." Nathan explained, helping the injured Sullustan forward and resting him on an old crate. "His leg got hurt pretty badly. As for me...I'm just a Merc whose conscience decided to pick today to start acting up." Nathan replied grimly, unsmiling. It was the truth...from a certain point of view. He tossed them his stun pistols and his shotgun.

"There. No threat. Now can you get this man a doctor?" He asked, troublingly noting how all of the people he was speaking to had Lightsabers.

Whatever. It didn't matter.

"The more time we spend talking is more time this individual's condition potentially worsens..." Nathan responded calmly. "You can lecture me later. This miner is messed up."

Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider

Elias Edo Elias Edo

Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

RTL_Sig.png

Corbin scanned the Sullustan. "Busted leg, two broken ribs, and lots of blood loss. Looks to have been partially crushed by something. A wonder he survived being removed. Could have caused internal bleeding, even cardiac arrest with the sudden return of circulation. The actual blood loss may have helped there. I wish Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki were here, he'd know a lot more and could treat him immediately. I'll fly him back up to the surface. I'm sure you two can handle this guy until I return." He held out his hand, surrounding the Sullstan man with the Force, lifting him up. The man cried and weakly with surprise, then louder with pain as Corbin snapped the bones back into place so they wouldn't fuse together in the wrong places. He levitated the man over toward him, tha man's eyes going wide in fear. Corbin wasn't really sure how his armor looked in the dark, if people could see him at all. His armor absorbed shadows, so he was either frightening or completely invisible to the man. "Don't worry, I'll get you some help. Just remember to stick with your group when mining, and you won't get lost." He slung the man over his shoulder, keeping the bones in place with the Force. "Be back in a bit."

Elias Edo Elias Edo Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher

Alana paused, turning away from the doorway, head tilted. "It's not uncommon to feel those presences in the Force, somewhere that was once very strong in the Force."

She'd grown up feeling those presences, at least in Ambria, but that was a special circumstance. Sith spirits were bound and trapped there within the lake.

The telepathic message popped in her head and she stiffened, hand clenched above her lightsaber hilts, but she let out a deep breath and relaxed. That had never been something she had learned or even wanted to know.

"No, this is a ruin," Alana said after a moment, "Anyone can be down here. Let's work to stabilize him."

As Corbin floated him up, she winced a bit. Maybe some first aid classes were for the Rimward Jedi Coalition. She unslung her backpack and pulled out a first aid kit.

The injuries were serious, but probably not life-threatening. "This is a painkiller and bacta injection," Alana said softly, pulling out a small injector and thumbing the needle to send it in.

"Move carefully," Alana cautioned, looking up, shading her eyes to better see the distant light above. She made a mental note to add that into the future RJC equipment kit- first aid supplies and braces.

Miel Tevv Miel Tevv Quauhtli Sacul Quauhtli Sacul

It took Mya a few moments to consider the meaning of that sentence. It was something that would have expected from Jedi Master Kortun, not necessarily Miel Tevv. But he was Sullustan and he was talking about rock. That did make more sense. She wasn't entirely sure how it connected to the Sith not asking for help from a rival though, but there was enough of a connection she work it out.

"What do you think, Admiral?" she asked, turning to Quauhtli. "What sort of ship complement would that require, running the blockade to supply Kathol under siege?" She had done logistics work before, but as a pilot, not as a military leader sending perhaps thousands of tons of medical supplies through hostile space.

Miel continued though and Mya moved to shake his hand. "Independence is the strength of us all, and cooperation can combine that strength. The League would be delighted to speak to Sullust and its representatives regarding a formal defense pact, whenever so desired."

Quauhatli paused in thought, considering the President's question carefully. "Two options;
We could deploy one of our Ventis to the border. It's large size may attract Sith attention but, I can deploy to one of our nebula research posts under the cover of performing scheduled repairs or a asteroid field for mining operations.

It's large tonnage means it can stock months worth of medical supplies amongst others, with molecular forges it can cover anything else. Plus it is uniquely equipped with two landing bays supporting Corvettes.

We would use it as a supply base, equip some Corvettes with adequate shielding they could go unnoticed by the long distance sensors. As for ships, the Grek Gladiators or Sparrow Pickets would be reasonable choices."

He paused, considering his second option more carefully. "Option two is less risky for our personnel but could backfire. I could call upon my contacts with the Avali, rumours have it they've re-opened their borders after a change in leadership. Their method of travel is unique, and standard naval doctrines don't often apply to them as a result.

We could make contact, pay them to supply the goods, and warn them to be discreet. They could enter the system with near impunity, deliver the goods and leave without the Sith ever knowing.

However, Avali and Rimworld don't see eye to eye on several policies. Most notably, their enslavement of my people. Not that they don't treat us well, but a slave is a slave. Furthermore, if caught I no doubt they will lose, and Avali are known to go to war over the capture of a single individual.

That could work to our advantage, but all the same we wouldn't make any friends. They would equally blame us, opening a second front."

He sighed, Quauhatli didn't much like discussing his past but all the same he had a duty to keep the President and Council informed of opportunities.

Tides of Change

Zxgd6dQ.png

Tags: Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider | Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher | Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl

DPFKiwm.png

LLHE14M.png
Elias’ eyes remained locked on Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl , watching carefully as he tossed over his gear. Even disarmed, the Jedi was leery of the stranger’s true intentions. He remained quiet as Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider tended to the wounded Sullustan.

"No, this is a ruin," Alana said after a moment, "Anyone can be down here. Let's work to stabilize him."

<“A Jedi ruin.”> Elias reminded her telepathically, his impatience with the situation apparent in his tone.

<“Let’s keep a close eye on him… he may know something about the darkness we’re sensing.”> He moved to collect the firearms, pulling them away from the man. Elias didn’t trust him to remain armed, at least until he answered a few questions first…

Who are you?” the Jedi asked for starters. He then added his own identification, to meet the mercenary halfway.

I’m Elias, and this is Corbin and Alana. We’re Jedi here on behalf of the Rimward Coalition.” Trust had to start somewhere. At least it wasn’t at the barrel of a gun, or the tip of a lightsaber.

Last edited:
"I'm Nathan, a piece of dumb muscle with hand me down equipment...started working for the League only a week ago..." Nathan answered grimly, green eyes focused on Elias Edo Elias Edo . There was a frozen aspect to Nathan's face, like it seemed incapable of smiling, unable to express joy. Elias's senses would register a stillness in Nathan's Force Signature. The fear emotion was so reduced in strength it almost wasn't there. He was surrounded by Jedi, weaponless, with no way to stop them from hauling him off to wherever they wanted...yet there was no panic. No anger. More...irritation.

He made no threatening gestures, kept his hands visible to Elias at all times

"The Rockrenders have found a way into the ruins. That was where I found the miner. Large gap, leading into the tunnels below. Not too far from this area..." Nathan added.

"I wasn't after your secrets if that's what you are wondering."

Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider

Last edited:
RTL_Sig.png

Corbin took the Sullustan through the tunnels they three companions had entered. "Don't worry," he reassured him. "I'll get you back up to the surface and to the other mining crews. They can get you proper care."

"How are we gonna get up there? The power to the lift is... Aaaahhhhh!" He yelled out as Corbin lifted off the grown and flew upward toward the surface.

Tides of Change

Zxgd6dQ.png

DPFKiwm.png

LLHE14M.png
The placidity in Nathan's aura was unsettling, but not unfamiliar. Elias had encountered others before who's connection to the Force was dulled, or even severed. Cailen Corso Cailen Corso came to mind, his late friend's former Padawan; After witnessing the death of his Master, the boy's Force abilities were compartmentalized away with the pain. Elias wondered if Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl had endured a similar tragedy. It would certainly explain his particularly brusque nature...

"Can you lead us toward that gap in the rocks you found?"

Elias nodded, his gaze turning from the mercenary to his friend, then back again. He was slow to trust, especially when the person was a brooding freelancer digging about a Jedi ruin alone, but this was a good way for Nathan to work towards a cordial relationship. Besides, he knew just how hard it was for Cailen to go through such an intense dampening of emotions. Perhaps the man before him deserved more empathy than Elias showed initially.

He spoke up now, asking his own question as he eased his body to a more neutral stance.

"Thank you for helping him, Nathan. Did you see anyone else? Any other miners?" If there was one, there very well could be others. This delve for lost data may yet turn into a civilian evacuation.

Last edited:
"Likewise." Nathan replied stoically to Alana Sunrider Alana Sunrider "And yeah, I can lead you."

He turned to Elias Edo Elias Edo "No trouble." he said in response to Elias thanking him for saving the miner.

"I didn't see any other miners. I wouldn't have tried to move him normally but there was a Rockrender approaching. He said they'd been acting crazy. Figured he was dead if I left him, and I wasn't confident I could take down the Rockrender without killing it. It's not too far from us. Chamber full of pillars.

Without trying to reclaim his weapons, he gestured for the pair to follow him and began walking, intent on taking them right to where he had seen it.

What are the three Directives of a Bloodscrawl? his father Angus asked in a distant memory.

Serve The Public Trust, Protect The Innocent, Uphold The Will Of The Force. he compulsive answered back to the old memory of his father. (Dead Or Alive: 7000 XP)

Nathan walked in silence for the most part, though he did take the trouble warning them about obstacles and obstructions he had found in the process, as well as warning about which sections looked ready to fall in collapse.

RTL_Sig.png

The Sullustan man perched on Corbin's back as they soared through the air. "This really is fantastic! This must be how birds feel!" Apparently the adrenaline was blocking a lot of the pain the man was probably in. That was good at least. "Too bad you can't feel the wind through your armor."

"Actually, I can feel it," Corbin replied. "I have a bond with my armor through the Force. It's basically like my own skin, except a lot stronger."

"And you can use the Force to fly without needing a jetpack? That is quite neat. Seeing a Mandalorian flying through the air without a jetpack is certainly a new one for me!"

"Hold on, we're landing." The man held on tight as Corbin dropped from the air and landed on a mining skiff, startling the people there. They freaked out, jumping up and grabbing any nearby weapon. "Sorry guys. This man is injured. Can you get him some medical help?" Corbin turned to the man. "Do try to stay out of trouble from now on." It was not lost on Corbin how funny it was that a teenager was scolding a grown man. Of course, in his full armor, nobody could tell his age. "Later." He gave tveryone a quick salute and took to the air again, heading back toward the pit to catch back up to his friends. He was probably going to be a bit tired from using Force Flight so much, but it was still good practice.

Elias Edo Elias Edo Corbin Vasher Corbin Vasher Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl

Alana nodded and adjusted her gear to fit more closely to her body as she fell in behind Nathan. "So you saw one of the Rockrenders? Did you notice anything notably off about it?" She had never seen one of the creatures before and only vaguely knew they were not supposed to be aggressive or eat people.

She marked a few obstacles with chalk and took pictures with the datapad, frowning at the twisting complex. "I never did understand underground complexes like these."

As Nathan stopped, she slowed in the pillared chamber and squinted into the gloom, trying to get a sense of what lay in the room. "How big was the opening that you saw?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom